Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents (26593 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Grounds Lagos, Ogun, Abuja, Commuters Stranded / You Are Qualified - Oba Of Lagos Tells Amaechi / Lagos Tells Civil Servants From Level 14 Below To Remain Home Until January 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Faber(m): 7:13am On Oct 06, 2022
After building Lagos to New York level, he forgot to build drainages and deep canals...

That's good. You guys were laughing at Anambra flood. Where's Lagos is 120 yrs older than Anambra state, yet still struggling grin grin

E don red, flood is set to carry people PVC meant to vote in a man currently on a intensive care unit

3 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Akfrenzy(m): 7:13am On Oct 06, 2022
grin
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:15am On Oct 06, 2022
thesicilian:

Pots calling kettle black. As if Anambra isn't flooded as we speak. Won't be surprised if you're making this post from Lagos self
well atleast no one is claiming Obi built Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by sonnie10: 7:16am On Oct 06, 2022
Releasing of water from holding dam is normal to make more room for very heavy subsequent rain or suspected flooding. It should be done in a controlled manner to not cause a lot of damage and hardship. Not doing anything now would be even more catastrophic when the flood comes.

Climate change is real !

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by SanctifiedSista(f): 7:19am On Oct 06, 2022
Flood is wisdom from above
There is a way to curb this.
I pray GOD grants the people in charge the steps on wat to do
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by harmargedon: 7:20am On Oct 06, 2022
thesicilian:

Pots calling kettle black. As if Anambra isn't flooded as we speak. Won't be surprised if you're making this post from Lagos self
so everyone that attacks south West is from the East. I guess Atiku is a south Easterner

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by dalass(f): 7:22am On Oct 06, 2022
RichDad1:

So flooding happens in lagos alone ? What’s wrong with these kind of people for Pete’s sake?
Have you heard of Venice and other coastal cities around the world ? Even in Nigeria, the flooding is going to affect coastal states like Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra, Ogun, Rivers, etc. as at today, Kogi state and most especially, Lokoja is battling this problem.
The difference is Lagos state is take possible precautions by warning her residents before hands.
I don’t blame people like you though, I blame our low level of education and lack of proper parental supports.

Hatred, anger boils in them anytime they see any news from Lagos or Tinubu. I wonder what will happen to them if Tinubu wins.

Some will commit suicide I'm certain grin

3 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Moh247: 7:23am On Oct 06, 2022
Nice warning
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Sermwell(m): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2022
dele1727:

And what lead to that reaction...

This your advice should be given to your people and calabar people like Kate henshaw and co who leave the fact that flooding happens in their own state to run to Twitter because the live on an island in lagos..

Practice what you preach...
Is it that you guys are jobless that you come here to throw tribal tantrums everyday?

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by obyrich(m): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2022
dele1727:

And what lead to that reaction...

This your advice should be given to your people and calabar people like Kate henshaw and co who leave the fact that flooding happens in their own state to run to Twitter because the live on an island in lagos..

Practice what you preach...
So Kate Henshaw is now Igbo? You have have a poor knowledge of Nigeria. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by dele1727: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2022
obyrich:

����

Read to comprehend....

We see what your people say everyday....just as it has already stated in this thread ...the Anambra thread is just a piece of your own cake....

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by thesicilian: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
well atleast no one is claiming Obi built Anambra.
Probably because Anambra is not built in the first place

3 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by dele1727: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2022
Sermwell:

Is it that you guys are jobless that you come here to throw tribal tantrums everyday?

When it comes from others . Its tribal....

When it comes from you....its facts

Please read and practice what you preach
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 06, 2022
kerry57:
Imagine. Where be the safe ground when u are surrounded by Atlantic ocean. Govt should stop deceiving people.

Safe ground where people find it difficult to pay their rent...
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Dikaveli(m): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2022
thesicilian:

How sure are you he is from Anambra ?

Am ibibio but Yorubas are terrible and tribal bigots

2 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by TemidayoTRA: 7:29am On Oct 06, 2022
Where will they get the money to do that in this harsh economy??
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by dalass(f): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2022
Flooding happens all over the world. Thank God Lagos is proactive and have issued warning like it should.

People should hearken and stop blame games. Safety first
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by agadez007(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2022
dalass:

Hatred, anger boils in them anytime they see any news from Lagos or Tinubu. I wonder what will happen to them if Tinubu wins.

Some will commit suicide I'm certain grin
Shut up
Go and open that flood in Anambra thread,your people did worse than that guy did

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Kayyus09(m): 7:32am On Oct 06, 2022
It's important

Let's handle your document/image editing, formatting, layout... professionally.

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by agadez007(m): 7:32am On Oct 06, 2022
When it happened in Anambra,they were jubilating and dancing
Lagos flood is every year,Lekki,Ajah,ikorodu etc all get flooded,but anambra is their problem
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by dalass(f): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2022
agadez007:
Shut up
Go and open that flood in Anambra thread,your people did worse than that guy did

I said what I said. I am not the cause of your eternal envy and hatred. Find a Lagoon and feel free to swim back to your village grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Mandate2023: 7:34am On Oct 06, 2022
Ctorch:
The Lagos Tinubu built...

According to Agbado book of ancient history there was once a city in ruins until there comes a short man who single handedly rebuilt it to world standard with

World class hospital
Rivers banks
World class roads
No slums

In 1970's people make best decisions for future generations, today the generation makes decision that will end with them in their Grave while future generations suffers.

May we never encounter APC again.

God forbid BAT thing

For dis ur mentality u can never get anything right in ur life.....not even a political candidate to support at any political level

Idiot r attracted to obidiotic grin grin grin ur only mission in life is tinubu

Maybe u expect lagos state that's practically surrounded by water to build walls against d water when an ordinary landlocked state like Anambra not surrounded by water is flooded and ppl have been dying like chicken over there grin grin

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Olat4421: 7:34am On Oct 06, 2022
Tired of dis tribal abuse don't even found it funny or interesting. Infact it is disgusting, it has never been as worst as dis. Especially in nairaland nd d owner is doing nothing about it. If a topic is brought here instead of we talk on d main issues we leave dat and starting attacking each other tribe.dis coming election we are supposed to all voice out for gud govenorance we are busy attacking each other tribe. Dis d trick politician is using against us.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by agadez007(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2022
obyrich:
they always feign ignorant about other tribes in southern Nigeria,but just let IPOB list Kate hanshaw as a Biafran then you will know that they really know geography
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by agadez007(m): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2022
dalass:

I said what I said. I am not the cause of your eternal envy and hatred. Find a Lagoon and feel free to swim back to your village grin grin
I don’t hate your man tinubu,I just don’t want a buhari repeat

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Ofunaofu: 7:35am On Oct 06, 2022
Dshocker:
Relocate to where?

By 2050, a fraction of Antarctica will melt and the sea will rise by 70 meters (230 feet), as a result of global warming.

By then Lagos as a state will seize to exist, because it will be submerged.

Arrrrrrhhhhhh! How can you say Tinubu's Lagos will seize to exist by 2050
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by MSesan: 7:36am On Oct 06, 2022
Lekki, Ajah people should take this warning seriously o.

As for those who are shouting because of this warning should tell me where in Nigeria doesn't experience flood.....?

Some people just open mouth like water tap and rubbish start pouring.
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by jrusky(m): 7:38am On Oct 06, 2022
Ctorch:
The Lagos Tinubu built...

According to Agbado book of ancient history there was once a city in ruins until there comes a short man who single handedly rebuilt it to world standard with

World class hospital
Rivers banks
World class roads
No slums

In 1970's people make best decisions for future generations, today the generation makes decision that will end with them in their Grave while future generations suffers.

May we never encounter APC again.

God forbid BAT thing

You are a compiund and a very complex fool. UK was flooded recently, Germany experienced same, same in a region in China and it was Tinbu fault baa? Three week ago flood with mudslide hit Anambra or thereabout and homes collapsed and it was Tinubu not your liar called obi whom you claimed developed Anabra to world class fault but Tinubu fault baa? Gp work on your brain before it is too late.

Listen and listen good if even Nigerians are blind and cripple Obi will never rule Nigeria if you like kill yourself what is done deal is done deal tell obi to come back 2031 or forever forget presidency.

Good day if you wish.

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by PointZerom: 7:40am On Oct 06, 2022
You made us to believe that flooding is south East thing that's why we're surprised.

RichDad1:

So flooding happens in lagos alone ? What’s wrong with these kind of people for Pete’s sake?
Have you heard of Venice and other coastal cities around the world ? Even in Nigeria, the flooding is going to affect coastal states like Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra, Ogun, Rivers, etc. as at today, Kogi state and most especially, Lokoja is battling this problem.
The difference here is Lagos state is taking possible precautions by warning her residents before hands while other states are docile as usual.
I don’t blame people like you though, I blame our low level of education and lack of proper parental support back home.
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by RichDad1(m): 7:44am On Oct 06, 2022
PointZerom:
You made us to believe that flooding is south East thing that's why we're surprised.
Who made you believe? Where do I engage such conversations with your kind? You better shift. I don’t have time for illiterate dimwits like you.
Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by fatymore(f): 7:45am On Oct 06, 2022
What is Kogi government doing about Lokoja

Re: Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents by Trill1(m): 7:45am On Oct 06, 2022
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu / Valentine Onuigbo, Karshi District Labour Party Chairman Dies In His Sleep / Bringbackjonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity By Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.