Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis (22661 Views)

How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries? / Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 / Twist In Regional Competition As New Airport Opens In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Lanrelagboi: 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2022

The Lagos State Government has declared its readiness to construct a new airport on the Lekki-Epe axis of the State.

The Special Adviser Governor on Public Private Partnerships (PPP), Mr. Ope George disclosed this while speaking at a media parley organised by the State Government and held at Alausa, Ikeja on Thursday.

He revealed that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu-led government has sought and obtained approval from the Federal Government for the construction of the new airport in Lagos.

According to him, the project, which is expected to take off in the year 2023 will be constructed on 3,500 hectares of land, noting that the master plan and aeronautical designs are in place; while studies are ongoing about strategies, funding and other issues, after which the project will be taken to the market place.

The Special Adviser also stated that the airport, which is expected to cater to a minimum of five million people yearly, will be constructed in partnership with local and foreign investors

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1578409089281007616?t=0w8i6KZMlXRNkJaOzmcOcg&s=19

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by N3TRAL: 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
We've passed the era of praying for infrastructure in Lagos. Bola Tinubu designed a long term plan to turn Lagos into the most decent city in Africa. He and successive Lagos State governments have achieved this goal to a great extent.

We're now in the epoch where we pray that children of hate, bitterness, and envy do not leave their region only to come and burn our properties in Lagos.

190 Likes 27 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Jestin: 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
They will surely turn this post to another political hailing section for shaking shaking grandpa. The truth is that Lagos made tinubu and not the other way round

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by OkutaNla: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Yes oo. The long term vision is shaping up and coming to fruition. This is the result of administrative continuity. That's why the state can't be entrusted into the hands of mashanfanis. I hope the pace of its construction would be like that of the Lekki seaport.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Tinubuwins2023e: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Using Anambra and Lagos only as a yardstick for development.

If you vote Obituary, may the level and pace of development in Anambra be your portion and that of your family in Jesus name.

If you vote Tinubu, may the level and pace of development in Lagos be your portion and that of your family in Jesus name.

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Delaw135: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nice one

3 Likes

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by SenatePresdo(m): 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Easiest way for The Ancestor to be sneaked to London to change pampers without the masses knowing grin

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by gungab(m): 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nice one
Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Johnrake69: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Welcome development. I'm still wondering the infrastructure the Lagos state government built from 1999 till date that people have been hyping about it.

Is it the road, schools, airports, sea ports, fourth mainland bridge? And what's the justification for 780Billion debt profile and #40billion monthly IGR.

Lagos has one of the worst intra state roads among the top cities in Nigeria.

Lagosians are going through hell especially as regards commuting from one place to another. Internal roads are none existence. I'm about changing my shocks twice in a year for a private car I use just for myself as a single guy.

Meanwhile, the first owner of the car in America didn't change the shock for 15years he used it.

From ilasa to Okota the money agboro collects in a week or two from Keke and bike is enough to fix that road.

But what do I know? Praise singers will soon point to Eko Atlantic as Lagos achievement. A place 99% of Lagosians can't afford anything there. It baffles me how that can be an achievement for a place you literally have to fight your way to enter a bus during rush hours.

#780 Billion debt and piling aside from the #40B monthly IGR.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by davodyguy: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good development.

London Heathrow
London Gatwick

Ikeja Airport
Lekki Airport

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Untainted007: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
The revenue to do it is there. Permission granted....

7 Likes

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Hooverblog(m): 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Bacteria8: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
angry
Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by bhella10: 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Itesiwaju Eko

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by crestedaguiyi: 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nice one but that resources could have been applied to fixing a reasonable km of internal roads. This would further cushion the effect of the ban on okada because mini buses and taxi would be able to cover more routes and move people closer to their homes.

Getting to bus stops is not easy for a lot of lagosians and not UpTo 20% of them fly by air.

I am entitled to My opinion

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Way4orward: 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Fashola really designed Lagos to be a modern city. Some people think is Tinubu that designed Lagos city. �

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by drips8(m): 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lagos State with all the bad sides is still better off than the entire nation.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by donforeign: 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
How many yrs Dem dn use am preach... Make una start na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Jmk9292(m): 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
That's commendable.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by iberrylee(m): 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Yeeebos will not like this news
Ekiti Airport is also 70% completed

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by AgbaBaale: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lagos leads

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Ikem11(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
N3TRAL:
We've passed the era of praying for infrastructure in Lagos. Bola Tinubu designed a long term plan to turn Lagos into the most decent city in Africa. He and successive Lagos State governments have achieved this goal to a great extent.

We're now in the epoch where we pray that children of hate, bitterness, and envy do not leave their region only to come and burn our properties in Lagos.

Can you stop being a nuisance on every thread. You just type rubbish upandan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by futurerex: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good
Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by GboyegaD(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hopefully, it will be an airport and not the aerodromes we have at the moment.
Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Mikelarteta(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lagos leads. By the way is it the traffic infested road dem wan pass go the airport or somewhere else?

3 Likes

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by donforeign: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
drips8:
Lagos State with all the bad sides is still better off than the entire nation.
Lagos is supposed to be toe to toe with other mega nations but what we have is an eye sore, d looting is too much.. in the city of the blind, one eye man is d king.. I understand

4 Likes

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by 2Radii: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
This Lagos wan use style separate from Nigeria as a dey see am soo.

Them wan turn to country of their own

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis by Princedapace(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
N3TRAL:

Lagos is not near any decent city in Africa bro.

And this is why yorubas should ask for regional govt so that regions can have total access to their resources, that way, u won't see the children of hate in Lagos. If they come, u can use tax and policies chase them back.

This is also why yorubas should support break up of Nigeria so that the children of hate will need visa to migrate to Lagos.

If I were to be yoruba, I woukd have been pushing for this long time ago.

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Air Travel Companies With Most Plane Crashes In 2014 / Toyota Sienna Burnt On Eko Bridge (Photos) / Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.