Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,917 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi (642 Views)

What Man Must Do To Have A Right To The Tree Of Life / What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / TB Joshua Died The Day He Asked For Bank Account To Pay N200m Ransom – Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2022
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Genesis 2: 15 YHVH God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the YHVH God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Adam actually died the day he disobeyed YHVH's instruction by eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Neither Adam nor those that came after him, his descendants, lived up to or beyond 1000 years. No human being has ever lived up to 1000 years.

Genesis 5: 5 Altogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died. 8 Altogether, Seth lived a total of 912 years, and then he died. 9 Altogether, Enosh lived a total of 905 years, and then he died. 14 Altogether, Kebab lived a total of 910 years, and then he died. 27 Altogether, Methuselah lived a total of 969 years, and then he died.

Methuselah lived the longest in human history and still didn't live up to 1000 years.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

Adam actually died the day he disobeyed YHVH's instruction by eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Neither Adam nor those that came after him, his descendants, lived up to or beyond 1000 years. No human being has ever lived up to 1000 years.

This is like claiming if I only live up to 3 score and ten years, I died when I was a score.

The only reason to sell this nonsense, that one shall surely die if one eats the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, is to scare you from eating the fruits of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil so your eyes do not open so you would lack knowledge and never acquire wisdom, and remain enslaved to those who enslave you.

And to such people, Christ would likely say, "Woe!"

Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

This is like claiming if I only live up to 3 score and ten years, I died when I was a score.

Isaiah 55: 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”
declares YHVH.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:
Why choose to be descended from Adam who was created from mud to ignorantly work naked in a tiny garden if you could choose to be created in the Image of God to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth"?

God after all was not created from mud, or was He? So why would you choose to believe you are created from mud to be a slave instead of being created in God's Image to be fruitful and multiply and replenish and subdue and have dominion?

Can those who do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil be fruitful and multiply and replenish and subdue and have dominion?

Can the ignorant say, "Let there be light" and make the darkness disappear?

If so, how, and what with?
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

The only reason to sell this nonsense, that one shall surely die if one eats the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, is to scare you from eating the fruits of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil so your eyes do not open, so you would lack knowledge and never acquire wisdom and remain enslaved to those who enslave you.

Budaatum, do you believe what transpired in the Garden of Eden? Do you believe it was the same God who created Adam and made a companion for him that also made the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Do you, budaatum, believe that it was Adam's Creator who instructed him not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Why choose to be descended from Adam who was created from mud to ignorantly work naked in a tiny garden if you could choose to be created in the Image of God to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth"?

Who told "you" that "you" were naked? Was Adam not ruling over all those things in his naked state? Did the authority he weilded come from his unclothedness or lack of it? Ok! After realizing his unclothedness, did he later exercise authority over all those things? You see, Adam lost more than, by far more than, he gained from eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Mark 8:  What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

budaatum:

God after all was not created from mud, or was He? So why would you choose to believe you are created from mud to be a slave instead of being created in God's Image to be fruitful and multiply and replenish and subdue and have dominion?

Hilarious! If you do not believe you were made from the mud, cut off any part of your body and bury it in the ground. After sometime, return and check it. May be it will turn to plastic. Who knows! Hilarious.

budaatum:

Can those who do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil be fruitful and multiply and replenish and subdue and have dominion?

Was Adam's ability to be fruitful, multiply and subdue and dominate the earth dependent upon what he was wearing or what he wasn't wearing? After eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, to what extent did he subdue and dominate the earth?

budaatum:

Can the ignorant say, "Let there be light" and make the darkness disappear?

If so, how, and what with?

It depends on what you call light, budaatum. It is highly likely, going by your antecedents, that your idea of "light" may be completely different from what light really is.

Also, if the Owner of the Light has said that what he has given to his creature is enough for such creature to say "let there be light", such creature is not ignorant. But:

Ecclesiastes 7: 29 This only have I found:
    God created mankind upright,
    but they have gone in search of many schemes.”
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

Budaatum, do you believe what transpired in the Garden of Eden? Do you believe it was the same God who created Adam and made a companion for him that also made the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Do you, budaatum, believe that it was Adam's Creator who instructed him not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

Elated. buda does not believe anything, period, especially not books written by my fellow human beings. I read them for understanding instead.

If a God created me to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth", and then places me in a tiny garden to tend it instead, and tells me not to acquire the knowledge that would allow me to be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish, and subdue and have dominion, I would question such a rubbish God and tell it to go fuq itself, because that is the same trick some use to create Alimanjeris, and I know that I would not make a happy slave.

1 Like

Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

I wish it was possible for me to analyze what you quoted here. Could you edit and repost?

It is very possible for you to analyse what I wrote without me editing it and reposting it, especially since I have created very many threads and posted many posts on the same topic.

All you need do is do as Christ said, become as a child and abandon all the rubbish you've been told to believe and use your own heart and soul and mind to ask and knock and seek for understanding. When you stop thinking as a child and reasoning as a child and stop seeing only a reflection as in a mirror and become a full grown eye opened reasoning adult who has put away childish ways, you will see clearly and fully know.

It is not easy, mind, and is in fact almost impossible as threading a camel through a needle's eye, but it can be done by those who really try.

It is however not possible for those who refuse to eat the fruits of trees of knowledge, because they are obviously lacking in the nutrition that eating fruits of knowledge gives one.

Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

It is very possible for you to analyse what I wrote without me editing it and reposting it, especially since I have created very many threads and posted many posts on the same topic.

All you need do is do as Christ said, become as a child and abandon all the rubbish you've been told to believe and use your own heart and soul and mind to ask and knock and seek for understanding. When you stop thinking as a child and reasoning as a child and stop seeing only a reflection as in a mirror and become a full grown eye opened reasoning adult who has put away childish ways, you will see clearly and fully know.

It is not easy, mind, and is in fact almost impossible as threading a camel through a needle's eye, but it can be done by those who really try.

It is however not possible for those who refuse to eat the fruits of trees of knowledge, because they are obviously lacking in the nutrition that eating fruits of knowledge gives one.

Lee onu ya! Onu ugba! I wanted to tell you not to bother editing it. Go and see my responses. Onu ugba!
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

Lee onu ya! Onu ugba!

This is why you'd never be able to analyse or understand what you read.

Instead of reading what I wrote and trying to understand, you are more concerned with the economy of my mouth.
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Elated. buda does not believe anything, period, especially not books written by my fellow human beings. I read them for understanding instead.

It is Satan himself that is speaking through you, budaatum. This I have always known.

Was Adam not subduing and dominating the earth, even while in his unclothedness, prior to his munching the fordidden fruit?
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

Who told "you" that "you" were naked?
They ate the fruit and their eyes opened and they saw for themselves that they were naked.

elated177:
Was Adam not ruling over all those things in his naked state?
No, Adam was not ruling over anything in any state. He was placed in the tiny Garden of Eden to tend it.

elated177:
Did the authority he weilded come from his unclothedness or lack of it?
Adam wielded no authority whatsoever.

elated177:
You see, Adam lost more than, by far more than, he gained from eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
All Adam had was free food and board, the wage of a slave. What he gained from eating the fruit was open eyes and wisdom and freedom from slavery and self employment.

elated177:
Hilarious! If you do not believe you were made from the mud, cut off any part of your body and bury it in the ground. After sometime, return and check it. May be it will turn to plastic. Who knows! Hilarious.
Don't you think it would be much better for one to believe they were made in the Image of a God who was obviously not made from mud, if one wanted to believe anything at all?

elated177:
Was Adam's ability to be fruitful, multiply and subdue and dominate the earth dependent upon what he was wearing or what he wasn't wearing?
Adam was not created with the ability to be fruitful, multiply and subdue and dominate the earth. Adam was created and placed in the tiny Garden of Eden to tend, or rather, slave in it.

elated177:
After eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, to what extent did he subdue and dominate the earth?
He had children. His children had children. And this continued up till today where human descendants of the so called Adam are dominating earth and are on the way to dominate the Moon and Jupiter and Mars.

elated177:
It depends on what you call light, budaatum. It is highly likely, going by your antecedents, that your idea of "light" may be completely different from what light really is.
There is only one Light. And ignorance is not it.

elated177:
Also, if the Owner of the Light has said that what he has given to his creature is enough for such creature to say "let there be light", such creature is not ignorant.
For some odd reason, you believe the creature God created in God's own image, is the same creature created from mud and called Adam.

This is perhaps where you should start, instead of confusing yourself.
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

It is Satan himself that is speaking through you, budaatum. This I have always known.

Some said the same about your Messiah, so I stand in very good company.

1 Like

Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

They ate the fruit and their eyes opened and they saw for themselves that they were naked.

No, Adam was not ruling over anything in any state. He was placed in the tiny Garden of Eden to tend it.

Adam wielded no authority whatsoever.

All Adam had was free food and board, the wage of a slave. What he gained from eating the fruit was open eyes and wisdom and freedom from slavery and self employment.

Don't you think it would be much better for one to believe they were made in the Image of a God who was obviously not made from mud, if one wanted to believe anything at all?

Adam was not created with the ability to be fruitful, multiply and subdue and dominate the earth. Adam was created and placed in the tiny Garden of Eden to tend, or rather, slave in it.

He had children. His children had children. And this continued up till today where human descendants of the so called Adam are dominating earth and are on the way to dominate the Moon and Jupiter and Mars.

There is only one Light. And ignorance is not it.

For some odd reason, you believe the creature God created in God's own image, is the same creature created from mud and called Adam.

This is perhaps where you should start, instead of confusing yourself.

You have nothing tangible to offer, budaatum, on this thread.

Adam died exactly the day he disobeyed YHVH's instruction and ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Let your argument be on this basis. Did he or did he not die the day he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

Adam died exactly the day he disobeyed YHVH's instruction and ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Let your argument be on this basis. Did he or did he not die the day he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

You can very well read it yourself, e.

Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

You can very well read it yourself, e.

Just answer the question, budaatum.
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

Just answer the question, budaatum.

Adam did obviously not die, e. Dead people do not have children!
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Did you get the message of this thread?
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by KnownUnknown: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Why don’t you just let them have it the way they want?
After all there was no Adam to “obviously die” or “stay alive”. The OP obviously takes the story as literal, so unless you also take it as literal, there is really nothing to argue about whether he died or lived to be 1000 years old. Lol
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Why don’t you just let them have it the way they want?
After all there was no Adam to “obviously die” or “stay alive”. The OP obviously takes the story as literal, so unless you also take it as literal, there is really nothing to argue about whether he died or lived to be 1000 years old. Lol

Because the op does definitely not take the story literal because he obviously has not even bothered to open his eyes to read the story at all.

And because they use their ignorance and inability to read to program the masses whom I get to have to live amongst.

And because I would rather be surrounded by fruit of knowledge eating open eyed wisdom seeking people than ignorant folk like them.

Be aware that the op is not the only one reading this thread. Many others are reading too and going off to eat fruits of trees of knowledge so their eyes may open too.

1 Like

Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 2:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

Did you get the message of this thread?

This thread has no message for me to get. Only those willing to be enslaved would accept the rubbish therein.

1 Like

Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by KnownUnknown: 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

The only reason to sell this nonsense, that one shall surely die if one eats the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, is to scare you from eating the fruits of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil so your eyes do not open, so you would lack knowledge and never acquire wisdom and remain enslaved to those who enslave you.

The Christ fellow is used to enslave and keep them ignorant more than Eve’s magical tree ever could. Here’s your Christ with fear mongering and threats. Since no one takes the dismemberment literally grin, the interpret it as avoiding what will cause you to “sin”, which usually includes knowledge.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is lbetter for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

“Where the worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched”. The writers have some morbid imaginations. Lmao
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The Christ fellow is used to enslave and keep them ignorant more than Eve’s magical tree ever could. Here’s your Christ with fear mongering and threats. Since no one takes the dismemberment literally grin, the interpret it as avoiding what will cause you to sin, which usually includes knowledge.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is lbetter for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

What you've quoted is not meant to enslave you.

Add, if your eyes refuse to see, pluck them out and trod on them. But I'm sure before you pluck out your eyes you'd visit an optician first, unless you are stupid.
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

This thread has no message for me to get. Only those willing to be enslaved would accept the rubbish therein.

Why did you bother coming on it?
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The Christ fellow is used to enslave and keep them ignorant more than Eve’s magical tree ever could. Here’s your Christ with fear mongering and threats. Since no one takes the dismemberment literally grin, the interpret it as avoiding what will cause you to “sin”, which usually includes knowledge.

Experience would show you that knowledge actually empowers you to choose whether to sin or not and that it is ignorance that actually makes one sin.

And only a person who has not understood what is presented as Christ's teaching would not see he promoted knowledge, as does the story of the Garden of Eden which they misunderstand.
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

Why did you bother coming on it?

To debunk your miseducation.

1 Like

Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by KnownUnknown: 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Some said the same about your Messiah, so I stand in very good company.

19 Again the Jews were divided
because of these words. 20 Many of
them were saying,
"He has a demon
and is out of his mind. Why listen to Him?

Doesn’t this sound like propaganda to you?
First of all, we have the gross generalization of “the Jews” as if they were one homogenous group who opposed this messiah character.
Second, what ethnicity is the writer for him to just refer to people Jesus was supposedly a part of as “the Jews”
Third, isn’t Jesus supposed to be “a jew”
Fourth, why antagonize a whole culture like that?

Reminds me of racist whites in America who always have something to say about “the blacks”.
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

He had children. His children had children. And this continued up till today where human descendants of the so called

Just as his Creator ordained it from the beginning.

budaatum:

Adam are dominating earth and are on the way to dominate the Moon and Jupiter and Mars.

This is utterly hilarious! Who told you are dominating the earth? Hilarious!
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by KnownUnknown: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Experience would show you that knowledge actually empowers you to choose whether to sin or not and that it is ignorance that actually makes one sin.

What is sin?

budaatum:

And only a person who has not understood what is presented as Christ's teaching would not see he promoted knowledge, as does the story of the Garden of Eden which they misunderstand.

Christ promoted the “kingdom of god”.
Maybe you also misunderstand the Garden of Eden.
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by elated177: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

To debunk your miseducation.

Where is the miseducation?
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by budaatum: 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
KnownUnknown:

19 Again the Jews were divided
because of these words. 20 Many of
them were saying,
"He has a demon
and is out of his mind. Why listen to Him?

Doesn’t this sound like propaganda to you?.

Not only propaganda, but programming to fool the gullible into not listening to what he was teaching.

And that is why one should open one's eyes and see to look for oneself instead of listening to and believing the ignorance such as the op is propagating here.

KnownUnknown:

The Christ fellow is used to enslave and keep them ignorant more
I may use a hammer to bash your head in, but I doubt you'd blame the hammer, which I can also use to nail bits of wood together to build you a shelter.

Same with the story of Adam in the Garden of Eden. Many may read it and be like ignorant Adam, while some may choose to be like use her senses Eve. And some may read Genesis 1 and refuse to be put in the Garden of Eden in the very first place.
Re: Adam Actually Died The Day He ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evi by KnownUnknown: 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

What you've quoted is not meant to enslave you.

Add, if your eyes refuse to see, pluck them out and trod on them. But I'm sure before you pluck out your eyes you'd visit an optician first, unless you are stupid.

I better pluck it out instead of going “Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched” grin

There’s no denying that the fear mongering verse is meant to enslave. Like I said, they obviously don’t take it literally so second paragraph is just a disguised insult. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians, Christianity And The Use Of Contraception / Global Economic Meltdown Hit Churches. / Global Meltdown: What Should The Church Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.