Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,581 members, 7,850,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? (376 Views)

American Drug Enforcement Agency/ FBI Released Tinubu’s Criminal Records! / IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers / Magu: Diezani Protected From Arrest By Law Enforcement Agencies In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by ScamHunter: 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
We just have to face the fact that Nigeria is a very corrupt country. Not just the political class but the people as well. I remember one day when a bank cashier overpaid me by #20k, as i discovered the error, the chap who was paid before me said, "na your luck na".

The bad news is that the security agencies that should be seen as law enforcement agents are mostly rotten agencies. So which are the most corrupt law enforcement agencies in Nigeria and which seem a bit professional?

In my opinion, the worse and corrupt law enforcement organization in Nigeria is the Immigration service. The rot there is complete. What they operate is a racket where every one of them is a trader. Right from their gates, their officers are hunters seeking ways to rip off the citizens who are there for one issue or the other, especially in passport racketeering.

The very worst law enforcement agency in Nigeria is the police. I think they're so bad because they're armed and use wiles to steal from the people. I can recall a day I was traveling from Lagos to Abuja, oblivious that my vehicle documents were not complete. Somewhere in Kogi, I had to transfer some money to policemen before they released me. Imagine the zero tact of a law officer giving you his account number for you to transfer bribe money to him.

The most professional law enforcement agency to me is the Drug Law Enforcement. What's nice about this agency is that they're barely visible, unlike most of the others constituting themselves as nuisance in their quests for bribe money.

I've had a few encounters with the drug agency. The first was at the Kaduna airport on a morning flight. I was surprised by the chap at the scanner who asked if I was fasting. (It was during the Muslim fast). I said no. He motioned to the bottle of water I was holding and asked if I could taste it. I said okay, opened and and sipped and he asked me to go on.

My second and third encounters was on my way to Port Harcourt from Abuja at night. For some unavoidable reasons I was delayed and hit the road late. At the many checkpoints on the route, you won't but help noticing that the drug guys seem the most professional. Since I was alone and it was night. They would stop and search the car in a quick and efficient manner and made no attempt at seeking bribes at two points i met them. So unlike the police.

In effect, I believe that the drug agency is the most professional security agency in the country. Not saying they aren't corrupt though.
Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by Christistruth00: 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
NDLEA is the most Professional

That is why Abba Kyari is in Kuje

1 Like

Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by LeoDeKing: 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
I laugh when people say the NDLEA is more professional. Someone even said because Abba Kyari is in detention, lol.

The situation of Abba Kyari is a case of "chop alone, die alone". He must have fallen out of favour with the strong guys who decided to teach him a lesson.

For the worst, the police takes the crown, no objection. And for the best, I still give it to the military because that is the only organisation you still find some sense of professionalism. Though not ruling out few cases of indiscipline among them. But it still remains the only organisation with good sense of professionalism: Airforce, Army and Navy.

If it's about their aggression sometimes, the only language most Nigerians understand is force. Imagine a danfo ahead of you will just stop in the middle of the road to pick or drop a passenger and his luggage. The driver wouldn't even swerve to park at the edge and you have to wait till he is done, blow the loudest of horn, you are just wasting your time and battery. But if the driver is aware a military officer is driving behind him, he won't try that shit.

1 Like

Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by Tokskob2008: 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
While we can all agree that the immigration is very corrupt but I don't think it matches up to the Nigerian Police in any way. While the immigration officials might be raking in big sums compared to the NPF, the later still remains the most corrupt because 99% of it's officers are deep neck into it and are also proud and open about it. It's only the NPF I see that will want to forcefully get bribe from you and still threaten to kill if you refuse in any way.

For me the most professional should be the Nigerian Navy..

1 Like

Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by ScamHunter: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
Tokskob2008:
While we can all agree that the immigration is very corrupt but I don't think it matches up to the Nigerian Police in any way. While the immigration officials might be raking in big sums compared to the NPF, the later still remains the most corrupt because 99% of it's officers are deep neck into it and are also proud and open about it. It's only the NPF I see that will want to forcefully get bribe from you and still threaten to kill if you refuse in any way.

For me the most professional should be the Nigerian Navy..
Sometimes, I wonder the motive for joining the police in Nigeria. Perhaps to grab more bribe money.

1 Like

Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by rayvelez(m): 7:59pm On Oct 08, 2022
The most corrupt agency in Nigeria is the Nigeria Police Force. omoh that agency nah correct corruptions from top to bottom.... if any of my family or relatives join em nah to disown them pata pata very dirty evil cults organization with their dirty appearance rag uniforms tuehhh..,
Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by haffaze777(m): 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
ESN and Unknown gunmengrin
Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by equity1(m): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
ScamHunter:
We just have to face the fact that Nigeria is a very corrupt country. Not just the political class but the people as well. I remember one day when a bank cashier overpaid me by #20k, as i discovered the error, the chap who was paid before me said, "na your luck na".

The bad news is that the security agencies that should be seen as law enforcement agents are mostly rotten agencies. So which are the most corrupt law enforcement agencies in Nigeria and which seem a bit professional?

In my opinion, the worse and corrupt law enforcement organization in Nigeria is the Immigration service. The rot there is complete. What they operate is a racket where every one of them is a trader. Right from their gates, their officers are hunters seeking ways to rip off the citizens who are there for one issue or the other, especially in passport racketeering.

The very worst law enforcement agency in Nigeria is the police. I think they're so bad because they're armed and use wiles to steal from the people. I can recall a day I was traveling from Lagos to Abuja, oblivious that my vehicle documents were not complete. Somewhere in Kogi, I had to transfer some money to policemen before they released me. Imagine the zero tact of a law officer giving you his account number for you to transfer bribe money to him.

The most professional law enforcement agency to me is the Drug Law Enforcement. What's nice about this agency is that they're barely visible, unlike most of the others constituting themselves as nuisance in their quests for bribe money.

I've had a few encounters with the drug agency. The first was at the Kaduna airport on a morning flight. I was surprised by the chap at the scanner who asked if I was fasting. (It was during the Muslim fast). I said no. He motioned to the bottle of water I was holding and asked if I could taste it. I said okay, opened and and sipped and he asked me to go on.

My second and third encounters was on my way to Port Harcourt from Abuja at night. For some unavoidable reasons I was delayed and hit the road late. At the many checkpoints on the route, you won't but help noticing that the drug guys seem the most professional. Since I was alone and it was night. They would stop and search the car in a quick and efficient manner and made no attempt at seeking bribes at two points i met them. So unlike the police.

In effect, I believe that the drug agency is the most professional security agency in the country. Not saying they aren't corrupt though.
NDLA are most professional. You are right.

1 Like

Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by 3ple9iner: 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
A typical Nigerian is corrupt. I am currently doing my IT at a federal government agency and what I am seeing ehn...
Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by ScamHunter: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
rayvelez:
The most corrupt agency in Nigeria is the Nigeria Police Force. omoh that agency nah correct corruptions from top to bottom.... if any of my family or relatives join em nah to disown them pata pata very dirty evil cults organization with their dirty appearance rag uniforms tuehhh..,

You're correct. The girl i wanted to marry joined the police without telling me because she didn't want me to discourage her.
Na so i dump am.
Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by Throwback: 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
I reckon it should still be NAFDAC as the most professional and least corrupt.

Nigerian Police Force na the champion of the corruption games.
Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by WATCHOVER(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
Most corrupt is the Police Force, while most professional is the Military.
Never take Discipline away from the Military, you disobey I break your head
Re: Which Law Enforcement Agency Is Most Corrupt And Which Is Most Professional? by epondudu: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2022
worse:police
Best:: Navy

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Confer On Wike Infrastructural Award On Wike / Re: Release Of Nnamdi Kanu & Negetive Implications / If Tinubu "Developed" Lagos, Then Why Does He Travel For Medical Tourism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.