Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport (18816 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Grandma, Son, Intercepts Tramadol Pills, Codeine Bottles / NDLEA Intercepts 2.7m Tramadol Tabs, London, Dubai-bound Drugs In Lagos / NDLEA Uncovers 12 Containers With N340 Million Tramadol Tablets In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by fergie001: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2022
As notorious drug kingpin bags 7 years imprisonment

Desperate attempts by the tramadol drug cartel to smuggle into Nigeria over Two Million Four Hundred and Sixty-Five Thousand (2, 465, 000) tablets of the pharmaceutical opioid in 225mg and 250mg, weighing Two Thousand, Three Hundred and Fifty Six kilograms (2,356kgs) with an estimated street value of One Billion, Forty Million Naira (N1, 040, 000, 000) through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA, Ikeja Lagos have been foiled by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA.

The seizure of the drug on Friday 7th October came barely a week after about 13.5million pills of the same opioid worth over N8.8billion were recovered by NDLEA operatives from one of the mansions of a billionaire drug baron in the highbrow residential estate, Victoria Garden City, VGC, Lekki Lagos.

Following credible intelligence, the Agency had shown interest in the consignment of 52 cartons that came into Nigeria from Karachi, Pakistan with six different airway bills via Ethiopian Airline flight, comprising seven cartons of 250mg of a brand called tamral and 45 cartons of 225mg, branded as tramaking.

Soon after its arrival at the Lagos airport, the NDLEA called for a joint examination of the consignment with other stakeholders and after its information was confirmed by all, the 52 cartons of the seized substance which are above the recommended threshold for medical use and banned in the country, were moved to the Agencys facility.

In the same vein, another bid to export through the airport 15 parcels of cannabis and 600grams of tramadol 225mg concealed in a sack of crayfish to Dubai, UAE was equally thwarted by operatives who seized the consignment and subsequently arrested a freight agent, Osahor Alex Ekwueme, who presented it for export.

Weeks after NDLEA operatives intercepted 5.20kgs of cannabis concealed in kegs of palm oil going to Dubai at the NAHCO export shed of the airport, the brain behind the consignment, Ifeanyi Egbuwaohia, has been arrested in Igando area of Lagos. Though Ifeanyi works as a technician at Computer Village, Ikeja but beneath his known business he also works with a drug network in Dubai, where he sends illicit drugs for distribution. Few hours after his arrest, another consignment of 2.60kgs of the same substance sent by him for export to Dubai was also intercepted by operatives at the airport.

Another consignment of 1.30kgs of cannabis concealed in reconstructed engine blocks going to Dubai have also been seized at the SAHCO export shed while two persons: Olatunji Kehinde Temiola and Osemojoye Femi Sunday have been arrested in connection to the bid.

Meanwhile, In Kaduna state, a female drug dealer, Peace Ayuba, was on Friday 7th October arrested at Kakau Gonin Gora with seventy eight (78) bags of cannabis sativa weighing 849.5kgs, while operatives in Sokoto state arrested Onyeka Owo, 28, with 443 bottles of codeine based syrup.

Ten months after his arrest by NDLEA, a notorious drug dealer in Alaba Rago area of Ojo, Lagos, Alhaji Surajo Mohammed has been convicted and sentenced to seven years imprisonment by a Federal High Court in Lagos presided over by Justice Yellin Dogoro. Surajo was arrested with 941.15kgs cannabis on Monday 20th December 2021 and arraigned in court in charge number FHC/L/370c/2021. In his judgment delivered on Thursday 6th October 2022, the Judge however gave the convict an option of seven million naira fine.

While commending the officers and men of the MMIA, Kaduna, Sokoto and Lagos commands for the feats, Chairman/Chief Executive of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (Retd) urged them and their compatriots across the country to remain steadfast, resolute and unrelenting until the last gram of illicit drugs is taken away from the streets of Nigeria.

Femi Babafemi
Director, Media & Advocacy
NDLEA Headquarters Abuja
Sunday 9th October 2022

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by fergie001: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by DamnnNiggarr: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2022
shocked

Chai!
Ifeanyi Egbuwaohia from Okwudor community in Njaba LGA of Imo State. I know this dude very well. He attended the same secondary school with my wife.

Crime does not pay, but if you must do the crime, get ready to do the time because action and reaction are equal and opposite.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by ambience(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2022
Nice work grin

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by LeoDeKing: 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2022
Had it been is when I used to check names, I would have checked their names.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by GavelSlam: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2022
Forget all these Igbo and codeine.

Na the Cocaine and Heroine importers and exporters we need to focus on.

grin

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Freelane33(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2022
Drug money is unbeatable

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Faber(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
grin

Tramadols smuggled into the country to be given to urchins tody, to enable them go haywire and cause trouble have been seized by NDLEA

That's a good one

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Bxa98w: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
Hq
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Spaxon(f): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
Probably The Irabiji Drug Lord's Consignment.

Thank Goodness NDLEA seized it.

Cus if his Urchins had sniffed this Ophid.
Everywhere would have been Haywire grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Igboslayer: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
Spaxon:
Probably The Irabiji Drug Lord's Consignment
Use this rope... Manage it OK! you will be alright laslas

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by HeadNigga: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Slynation(m): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
What is it about this drug money that people cannot leave...Oh, Someone built his political career with drug Money...

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
NDLEA finally wakes up after 20 years

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by sevo(m): 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2022
Would have been a clean sweep If not for omotoye Femi Sunday..
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2022
Gosh. These people no dey hear word.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by IfyBennyomah(f): 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2022
What will agbado urchins now take to continue their madness display in the streets of Lagos in the name of rally undecided

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by brightbright: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2022
Osun State Governor-elect, Adeleke, took to dancing as he went on a fitness walk.

Governor- elect Adeleke dances during fitness walk

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_hG7niiM8
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by PointZerom: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2022
cheesy
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Faber(m): 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Chai!
Ifeanyi Egbuwaohia from Okwudor community in Njaba LGA of Imo State. I know this dude very well. He attended the same secondary school with my wife.

Crime does not pay, but if you must do the crime, get ready to do the time because action and reaction are equal and opposite.

Guy I was so popular and a role model while I was both in primary and secondary school, my peers do see me as a mini god. That's why I have resisted all sorts of criminal entanglement no matter how much money involved. I don't want this kind of post on my name...

People chase dirty money without minding what damage will be done on their name

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Spaxon(f): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
Igboslayer:
go hang your self

I am not Igbo and Can NEVER support Tinubu.

tongue tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by GeneralPula: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
Dem don carry local me Goal Goal..
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Coun3MAN: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
Marwa again
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
Omoh, almost every region is into drugs in this country.

BTW, why are they not arresting cocaine and likes peddlers?
You can't tell me they don't traffic it.

Na all these "innocent" Igbo and trams dem dey catch. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by IfyBennyomah(f): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
Tilimbu will be very sad with this news… Operation feed the Urchins have been intercepted… chai grin

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by LordIsaac(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
Give it to Marwa! He is the only good thing in Buhari's era.
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Chai!

Cruise!
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2022
Those other Nigerians are graduate apprentices of the Igbo Trade. They're warned, but they wouldn't hearken to good counsel by parents and colleagues that no sane man keeps the company of these traders in the white stuff and low-grade merchandise. A sheep that keeps the company of Bingo will soon eat poo! Their stories have now become like the story of the hound that ignored the Hunter's whistle. One of them must certainly be the Baron. Give Nigeria to them and watch the futures of the Leaders of Tomorrow go up with the smoke of pot, of coke, of cannabis, of Tramadol. People wey de bury dem papa and mama inside tear-rubber Hummer Jeep for money.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by Kitotechsosqosn: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ok
Re: NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport by GeneralPula: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2022
IfyBennyomah:
Tilimbu will be very sad with this news… Operation feed the Urchins have been intercepted… chai grin
I hope you’re not Onyeka’s wife?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Private School Students Found Dead In Alagbado Area Of Lagos / Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? / Seven-Year-Old Kids Making Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.