Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist (21780 Views)

Social Media Will Vote In 2023 – Obi’s Running Mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed (Video) / Don Lulu Declares For Abia Guber, Says He Represents A Better Choice [VIDEO] / 2023: Obi, Osinbajo Top List Of Nigeria’s Presidential Hopefuls – Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by Shikini: 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
Great
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by Tinubuwins2023e: 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
OnyeAshuaUru:
Obi is the hope of Nigerians.
Atiku is a calamity.
Tiinubu is a plague.

Peter Obituary is you and your family hope not me.
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by feedthenation(m): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
---why will anyone vote for a 'politician passenger' in transit between political parties from APGA to PDP to LP within the last 5 years---it shows Peter Obi does not have a sound political ideology---

Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by IbomFinest: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2022
The Economist describes APC’s Tinubu and PDP’s Atiku as not offering much in terms of developmental change, while citing previous allegations linking both candidates to crimes in the US.
Pinned!
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by MoneyMustBMade(m): 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2022
I wonder how some people after looking at the condition of this nation today despite the resources in this nation we are poor, yet still recycling all this bad leaders again, are you Normal

Pls let do the right thing now

Vote in obidati
Vote labour party
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by Image123(m): 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
antontech:

So because he was in PDP, he is now a bad person or not good to be president. I weep for you

He's not different, that's the obvious point. If Tinubu left APC and joined SDP or any other party, he'd still be Tinubu that we've known for many years. Obi didn't drop from the moon, did he?
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by ridbell01(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
God1000:
Very true, this is the only chance we have to save Nigeria from total collapse.

Vote Peter Obi for president.

Don't vote for Atiku and don't vote for Tinubu.
this is the only chance you have. Speak for yourself and your generation
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by Nanlesurf(m): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
dre11:

2023: Obi’s sudden ascent represents a rare chance for Nigeria, says The Economist

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-obis-sudden-ascent-represents-a-rare-chance-for-nigeria-says-the-economist/amp

what emphasis should he make again,his interviews speak for itself,our best chance yet
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by Image123(m): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
CSTRR:

You are just a mindless hater.

If there is anybody at all with a precedence of fighting corruption and combating waste, it is Peter obi.

Is it his financial prudence in his 8yrs as governor, or the glowing recommendation from the current director general of the world trade organization who said "he was the only one among all the rest of the governors" who stood for savings and prudence".

Fashola and co wanted to share it all.

The fact that we had a sovereign wealth fund at all was in no small part due to Peter obi.
Btw, the sovereign wealth fund have been lavished to zero by the Buhari govt.

This election is between good and evil.
Not between better and best.

Even the blind can see it.

i hope you're not one of those shouting on religious lines for Christian not to vote Muslim because this your lie makes devils jealous. Sovereign wealth fund is not new and people have been having it for over 100 years. NOI complained about FG not saving. Governors including Obi took FG to court because FG was spending the savings alone. Not because Obi wanted to save. All the governors, headed by PDP's own Ameachi wanted FG to share the money with them(state government).
Stinginess is different from savings. Obi is a stingy man, which is not good for any economy. Savings is different from stinginess. Obi is a wicked evil man who used state funds to empower his family business in the name of investment/savings.
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by tegrianonigltd(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
GeneralPula:
Jokers

Before you post things, try research. Why, where how
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by CSTRR: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
Image123:

i hope you're not one of those shouting on religious lines for Christian not to vote Muslim because this your lie makes devils jealous. Sovereign wealth fund is not new and people have been having it for over 100 years. NOI complained about FG not saving. Governors including Obi took FG to court because FG was spending the savings alone. Not because Obi wanted to save. All the governors, headed by PDP's own Ameachi wanted FG to share the money with them(state government).
Stinginess is different from savings. Obi is a stingy man, which is not good for any economy. Savings is different from stinginess. Obi is a wicked evil man who used state funds to empower his family business in the name of investment/savings.
Governors excluding OBI took FG to court.

Start with that truth before I will answer your BS.
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by prodigy22: 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
LikeAking:

Tell this polictians the truth for once. My brother no state is doing fine in Nigeria.

Let's face facts.

He had every chance to turn Anambra to London, did he?

He is just like d odas. Although is corruption level is lower.

As regards dev d economy, I doubt he's has such prowers.

He is not like the others, I tell you the man is cut from a different cloth. Is it greed that made him leave PDP where he was guaranteed Vp ticket with a 80% chance of becoming the number 2 man in Nigeria. To pursue his fortunes in a mushroom party? What Nigeria politician will do that? Nigeria problems are not complex we don't need a 'expert' or a genius to solve our problems. Nigeria problem is the cabal plain and simple. Jonathan was too cowardly to face them. He could only cry. Aisha Buhari admitted her husband was under their control, before she was silenced and went to Dubai on exile. Are you aware that atiku was the father of the day in Buhari child wedding? There is a grand conspiracy in this country. That's why simple issues like refinery functioning, power generation, massive oil theft have gone on in perpetuity. My Papa wey work for NEPA 1980s said that by then they were already generating 5000mw electricity. The cabal are bloodsuckingly wicked. APC and PDP are one and the same. I swear my gut tells me that atiku is at the center of the cabal but only time will tell. On the issue of turning Anambra state to London, I'll ask you this of all the 36 states, which one was turned to London apart from Lagos and Abuja where all Nigeria money is domiciled? Obi is not a magician bro. He improved upon the system he met, despite the low igr, and left something for the person coming after him. Sorry for the epistle bro, naija issues dey pain for chest

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by bewla(m): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2022
God1000:
Very true, this is the only chance we have to save Nigeria from total collapse.

Vote Peter Obi for president.

Don't vote for Atiku and don't vote for Tinubu.
You Say what again
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by LikeAking: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2022
prodigy22:

He is not like the others, I tell you the man is cut from a different cloth. Is it greed that made him leave PDP where he was guaranteed Vp ticket with a 80% chance of becoming the number 2 man in Nigeria. To pursue his fortunes in a mushroom party? What Nigeria politician will do that? Nigeria problems are not complex we don't need a 'expert' or a genius to solve our problems. Nigeria problem is the cabal plain and simple. Jonathan was too cowardly to face them. He could only cry. Aisha Buhari admitted her husband was under their control, before she was silenced and went to Dubai on exile. Are you aware that atiku was the father of the day in Buhari child wedding? There is a grand conspiracy in this country. That's why simple issues like refinery functioning, power generation, massive oil theft have gone on in perpetuity. My Papa wey work for NEPA 1980s said that by then they were already generating 5000mw electricity. The cabal are bloodsuckingly wicked. APC and PDP are one and the same. I swear my gut tells me that atiku is at the center of the cabal but only time will tell. On the issue of turning Anambra state to London, I'll ask you this of all the 36 states, which one was turned to London apart from Lagos and Abuja where all Nigeria money is domiciled? Obi is not a magician bro. He improved upon the system he met, despite the low igr, and left something for the person coming after him. Sorry for the epistle bro, naija issues dey pain for chest

None of the 36 states have been turned in London or anything thing close to it. If Obi had special abilities it would have unvield it self while he was a gov.

Forget all those cabal allegations, they are just minor problems. Their is a cabal in every country.. The question is, does Obi posses the ability to create a meaningful change in Nigeria?

If your ans is yes, then why didn't he developed his state a little bit in 8 yrs?

Did he even create life changing policies, at least a modern curriculum in his state, some as simple as that requires less funds.

Did he even try to create jobs or means of livelihood for every adult? This is also very simple and our leaders always ignore it.

PO is just a lesser evil..

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by naijamerican: 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
mmsen:
When The Economist is on your side then something is very wrong. Especially if you are an African political entity.

The economist is apolitical.

Who do you trust, TVC??
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by mmsen: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
naijamerican:

The economist is apolitical.

Who do you trust, TVC??

The economist is not 'apolitical'. Defending the global status quo is far from 'apolitical'.

A very naive take.
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by naijamerican: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Image123:
Unfortunately, Obi is not a visionary and he is quite the bigot. Carrying your bags has nothing to do with great leadership. For God's sake, millions of Nigerians carry their bags. What sort of nonsense is this from the magazine?

See this mumu��
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by DeOTR: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
owobokiri:

You should be calming down ahbegii!
Obi actually opened the pandora box on illegal oil theft in Nigeria and how it's done
Obi emphatically accused those in government of being solely responsible for Oil theft since it's highly impossible for ordinary folks to coordinate the logistics involved!
He was categorical and he gave his valid reasons as to why he believes that those in government are the ones responsible.

Until he made that accusation, the Lagos ibadam expressway section of Nigerias press has been pushing the narrative suggesting that "Oil bunkering " is like common robbery by ordinary thieves. What Obi did was to expose Nigerians to what was going on. It was an eye opener for millions.
People now know what happens with Oil vessels in the high seas .
If you believe the country is loosing N700 million to oil theft month and the government doesn't know about it, that should be a revelation to you.
I wrote a thesis on a topic bothering on this as far back as 2013, and now, after after 9 years you're telling me it's a revelation because Obi said so?
Guy, it's an open secret. It only became worrisome because the government complained that it fails to meet its daily quota because of it.
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by winterfell007(m): 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
LikeAking:

How did he stop people from suffering as a gov in Anambra state?
Are you aware that Anambra the highest Human Development Index according to NBS for a while now? They’re competing with Osun state I think?
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by Kingbeewillsee(m): 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Espelbengz:
Make una make am PM of UK na���
He is not the only last chance we have in the country, if we even use his Anambra where he governed for 8yrs as a case study, would you want a Nigeria of obi's Anambra? He is only a successful business on an individual bases, as for governance and using Anambra as a yardstick it's a no no for Nigeria to be replicated that way, meanwhile it's not by giving memos for publishing in foreign journals that will win elections for you, bring money and ideas to do grassroot sensitization an mobilization OBI! Too much talk no the win elections.. and no shi shi no the work for naija politics!

The Obi everyone want

Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by prodigy22: 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
LikeAking:

None of the 36 states have been turned in London or anything thing close to it. If Obi had special abilities it would have unvield it self while he was a gov.

Forget all those cabal allegations, they are just minor problems. Their is a cabal in every country.. The question is, does Obi posses the ability to create a meaningful change in Nigeria?

If your ans is yes, then why didn't he developed his state a little bit in 8 yrs?

Did he even create life changing policies, at least a modern curriculum in his state, some as simple as that requires less funds.

Did he even try to create jobs or means of livelihood for every adult? This is also very simple and our leaders always ignore it.

PO is just a lesser evil..

At least we agree po is the best candidate � cheesy
But on a more serious note economically speaking the smaller the country the harder it is for it to attain wealth. Anambra is not even a country it is a state of 4 million people under the full control of messed up Nigeria. Peter Obi is not a magician. Most of the bad press he was getting was from disgruntled fellows that were not getting the egunje they expected. Even at that he definitely left Anambra state better than he left it. I will leave it at that. As for the cabal issue. Every nation has cabal. But when the cabal activity is day by day plunging the nation into a pit of sorrow, then I believe it is nothing to make light of.

Under Obasanjo they were sabotaging the refineries. Since Jonathan they were emboldened and did not allow a single liter of fuel leave our refineries.
My broda how much does it cost to fix up a refinery?
I cited to you that since 1980 we are still struggling with 5000mw. This is not just incompetence. You are aware that power generation is in the exclusive list. When tinubu was governor of Lagos he arranged for Enron to supply Lagos power through offshore barges. FG cancelled the deal. My bro if you open your eye you will see the grand conspiracy at play. They invited bokoharam and funded them before things went out of hand. Do not make light of these people. APC government sunk Nigeria into 90+ billion debt. If 5bn of that money was invested into refineries, they will all be working. You cannot make light of a set of people that made dame patience cry on national TV. But I know the tears of that woman, the blood of the slain, the sweat of the suffering will surely secure justice. Mark my words, like that fake hostage negotiator, they will be exposed, thank you.
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by ComeToJesus: 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
Obi represents the future. Obi is the man for the job. The others are expired and corrupt.
Vote Obi✓

Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by Kingspin(m): 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
We keep warning those who brought Buhari against Buhari pro max. Don't suffer all of us together with u just because they don't want to notice Obi.
Unknown to them, they shot themselves in the feet too.
Re: 2023: Obi’s Sudden Ascent Represents A Rare Chance For Nigeria - The Economist by writeprof(m): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2022
PO Phenomenon is what is called "revolution" in case you are thinking of revolution to be something different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Father Mbaka: Nigeria Is Cursed With Bad Leadership / Buhari's Poor Performance: When The Bell Rings Twice - Sam Omatseye / Mike Ozekhome: Judgment Sacking Umahi Cannot Stand Appeal Court Scrutiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.