Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,561 members, 7,850,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety (677 Views)

The Nigerian Election Was Not Free Nor Fair And INEC Lied- Bolanle Olukanni / Intersociety: Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya. His Tribesmen ‘Sold Him Out’ / INEC Lied About Weather - Hadi Sirika, Minister Of State For Aviation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by TonyRazor(m): 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2022
Voter register: INEC lied, says Intersociety

Tony Okafor, Awka

A rights group, International Society for Civil Liberties and Rule of Law (Intersociety), has described as a lie the claim by the Independent National Electoral Commission( INEC) that it had deleted no fewer than 2.7 million double registrants on its register for the 2023 polls.

Recall that INEC had on Tuesday said it detected 2.7 million cases of double registration carried out during the last Continuous Voter Registration and that the affected persons had been deleted from the voter register.

The INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, disclosed this at a National Endowment for Democracy event in Washington DC in the United States.

Reacting to that development on Thursday, in a statement by its board of trustees chairman, Emeka Umeagbalasi, Intersociety said, "Contrary to the above lies told, a recent independent graphic research evidence has exposed and disclosed that Nigeria’s INEC has deliberately, discriminatorily and ethno-religiously destroyed no fewer than 18.1m of over 27.4m voters registered in 2022 voters’ registration and validated only 9.3m others that are most likely represented disproportionately along Nigeria’s ethnic and religious lines.

"Nowhere was it also mentioned where the INEC Chair theoretically or graphically disclosed to his hosts in USA the number of migrants, minor and ghost names flooding the Nigeria’s National Register of voters including who brought them into the Voters’ Register, how they were smuggled into the Voters’ Register and whether such migrants, minors and ghost names, independently estimated at 15m by Intersociety have been deleted or not from the Voters’ Register.

The group said it had stated its position in a letter to Presidents of National Endowment for Democracy (NED), National Democratic Institute (NDI) and International Republican Institute (IRI) about the irregularities in the INEC voter register.

The group's statement read partly, "Intersociety, and International College for Democracy and Human Rights Scholars have graphically debunked the latest lies told by Nigeria’s INEC Chairman in the far away United States of America to the effect that “INEC has deleted 2.7m double registrations from the 2022 Continuous Voters’ Registration (CVR) exercise”.

"A recent graphic research work, numbering 23 pages, put together by Nigeria’s Intersociety, locally and globally respected for in-depth research and investigation on democracy and human rights matters; had exposed a litany of illegalities perpetrated by Nigeria’s INEC ahead of the country’s crucial presidential election fixed for 25th Feb 2023. The INEC’s illegalities include identification of the 50 major poll rigging plots and the 12 major elections’ rigging Nigerian States to watch in the 2023 Presidential Poll.

"It is our observation that Nigeria’s INEC and its Chairman have become restlessly engaged in globe trotting and damaged image repair in addition to dishing out white lies before the international critical democracy partners. INEC had in its latest lies told at an event put together by the respected National Endowment for Democracy (NED) on Tuesday, 11th October 2022 in the United States disputably disclosed that “it has deleted 2.7m double registrations from the recent (July 2021/July 2022) Continuous Voters’ Registration exercise”.

"We had also stated in our Joint-Letter to respected Presidents of National Endowment for Democracy (NED), National Democratic Institute (NDI) and International Republican Institute (IRI) that the highly disputable voters’ data account given by Nigeria’s INEC Chairman is nothing short of a case of a typewriter teaching an ICT expert on the functionalities of ICT including its biometric application.

"That is to say that if the Nigeria’s INEC Chair is truly ICT literate, he would not have made such mockery of himself and the Commission at such technologically advanced international capital. This is more so when the functions of ICT biometric technology are so elementary that they do not warrant special and international referencing as “INEC’s major policy achievement” ahead of Nigeria’s 2023 Presidential Poll.

"The respected Presidents of NED, NDI and IRI were specifically told in clear terms that Nigeria’s INEC has been hiding or using “double/multiple registrations” as a cover to disenfranchise tens of millions of truly Nigerian citizens of voting age including destruction of 18.1m of the 27.4m voters’ registrations or registrants recorded in the 2022 Continuous Voters’ Registration exercise.

"These, the Commission has been perpetrating and perpetuating while turning total blind eyes on millions of migrants, minors and ghost names flooding the Voters’ Register as registered voters in Nigeria” to vote in the 2023 Presidential Poll."

1 Like

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Moh247: 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2022
cool

DSS needs to invite this Emeka man to explain how he knows the ethnicity of registrant INEC deleted from their server

Has he hacked INEC server

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by owobokiri(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:
cool

DSS needs to invite this Emeka man to explain how he knows the ethnicity of registrant INEC deleted from their server

Our ancestors need to invite you over to the great beyond for expending so much energy trying to defend evil and enthrone evil..

2 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
Human beings made out undecided of dust
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Moh247: 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
owobokiri:

Our ancestors need to invite you over to the great beyond for expending so much energy trying to defend evil and enthrone evil..

Anyone who wishes me death over politics won't last till December

ASE eledumare

7 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Macphenson: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Why didn't you say DSS should have investigated the operations. of INEC in its entirety. There is a mention of the Omuma Majic and Dss only arrested those suspected to have leaked the info.

Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by owobokiri(m): 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:

ASE eledumare
Anyone who insists that candidates who will pauperize Nigerians, should be the ones to be allowed to rig their ways to power, shouldn't see the end of this month!
Iseeeeee...

1 Like

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Durabest: 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
Igbos will never rest why dragging INEC as if they know more.We will legally resist any atempt by anyone try to delay a moving ship INEC as an independent bodies should not give listen ear to a paid group that is trying to spoil the respect they spend years to attained.

2 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Moh247: 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
owobokiri:

Anyone who insists that candidates who will pauperize Nigerians, should be the ones to be allowed to rig their ways to power, shouldn't see the end of this month!
Iseeeeee...

I hope Obi GCE Supporters say amen so they can all vanish for trying to force a failed Governor of Anambra , number one exporter of junks, on sensible Nigerians

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by owobokiri(m): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:

I hope Obi GCE Supporters say amen so they can all vanish for trying to force a failed Governor of Anambra on sensible Nigerians
Vice versa..
We all saying the same thing after all..
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Moh247: 1:13pm On Oct 13, 2022
Macphenson:

Why didn't you say DSS should have investigated the operations. of INEC in its entirety. There is a mention of the Omuma Majic and Dss only arrested those suspected to have leaked the info.

Yeye dey smell.

INEC is independent, DSS is under Buhari led APC so asking DSS to investigate INEC server is giving INEC server to APC

But since Emeka knows what he knows an invitation should be extended to him to explain

6 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Macphenson: 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:

INEC is independent, DSS is under Buhari led APC so asking DSS to investigate INEC server is giving INEC server to APC

But since Emeka knows what he knows an invitation should be extended to him to explain
So why did DSS arrest judges? Even though they are an Arm of government. Oga park well, ur defence is lame.
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Vote4Obi: 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
INEC and this Mahmoud Alli guy should be very careful. If they mistakingly destroy or disenfranchise Nigerians from voting, then he has set this country on the path to total and irreversible destruction.

He should beware!!!
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
Is this INEC truly independent?
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Moh247: 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2022
Macphenson:

So why did DSS arrest judges? Even though they are an Arm of government. Oga park well, ur defence is lame.

Are judges with sensitive voting material

6 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by owobokiri(m): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
Durabest:
Igbos will never rest why dragging INEC as if they know more.We will legally resist any atempt by anyone try to delay a moving ship INEC as an independent bodies should not give listen ear to a paid group that is trying to spoil the respect they spend years to attained.

Igbos Kee u dia.
The group only raised an issue of legitimate concern which must be addressed! It a democratic election not a coup plot! The Independence of the National Electoral Commission should NEVER be in doubt!
Maybe you are upset and frustrated that you have not been allowed to impose an Iyalaoja for INEC as you do everywhere else.
Ndi mgbu
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Durabest: 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
owobokiri:

Igbos Kee u dia.
The group only raised an issue of legitimate concern which must be addressed! It a democratic election not a coup plot! The Independence of the National Electoral Commission should NEVER be in doubt!
Maybe you are upset and frustrated that you have not been allowed to impose an Iyalaoja for INEC as you do everywhere else.
Ndi mgbu
Guy rest no confuse us here.The problem i do have with your type is that you always give up b4 the fight.

1 Like

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by lhordspy: 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Some people just love inviting unnecessary wahala into their lives. If INEC drag his as* to court now. His family and zombidients will start wailing government brutality and power misuse.

He doesnt even know this is a serious allegation, instigated with the sole aim of misleading the public and causing public upset.

A very big crime in the face of law. With this bullcraps he typed, i can pick out about 7 charges to be level against him already.

7 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Moh247: 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2022
lhordspy:

Some people just love inviting unnecessary wahala into their lives. If INEC drag his ass to court now. His family and zombidients will start wailing government brutality and power misuse.

He doesnt even know this is a serious allegation, instigated with the sole aim of misleading the public and causing public upset.

A very big crime in the face of law. With this bullcraps he typed, i can pick out about 7 charges to be level against him already.

Many are ignorant of the law

4 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by haffaze777(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:

ASE eledumare

Aseee,brother a ma gbo,a ma too,a ma fi owo pa'wu ferigi j'obi.grin

7 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Moh247: 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
haffaze777:

Aseee,brother a ma gbo,a ma too,a ma fi owo pa'wu ferigi j'obi.grin

Amin ASE

Thanks my brother

3 Likes

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by haffaze777(m): 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:

Amin ASE

Thanks my brother

You're welcome comrade

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Macphenson: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:

Are judges with sensitive voting material

Chaii, see reasoning. Judiciary is an arm of government more superior than INEC. The Judiciary orders INEC when necessary and INEC obey without hesitation
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by 00FFT00(m): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:

ASE eledumare

Fear don dey catch am.

If people whose life you are working hard to wreck with Tinubu who is obviously paying you pray for you, these very prayers you prayed may not escape you past December.
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Moh247: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
00FFT00:

Fear don dey catch am.

If people whose life you are working hard to wreck with Tinubu who is obviously paying you pray for you, these very prayers you prayed may not escape you past December.

Which fear

If I don't get paid from Tinubu may anyone who peddle such lies against me not see December

Respect is reciprocal... I have decided to let Zombidiots slide over the past week but now Na fire for fire

Person wey dem no give home training go collect public training

And if I didn't wrong anyone attacking me unjust over Politics which is my fundamental right peace would depart the attackers from today
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by 00FFT00(m): 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
Moh247:

Which fear

If I don't get paid from Tinubu may anyone who peddle such lies against me not see December

Respect is reciprocal... I have decided to let Zombidiots slide over the past week but now Na fire for fire

Person wey dem no give home training go collect public training

And if I didn't wrong anyone attacking me unjust over Politics which is my fundamental right peace would depart the attackers from today

You will not blackmail anyone into granting you the space you need to continue the campaign of calumny against progressive Nigerians in favor of the pissing one.

Be confident in the knowledge that no one is cowed by your vituperation. Indeed, a formidable troupe of the people on whose toes you've stepped on over time with your Tinubu vending and anti-Igbo rhetorics will reciprocate in kind, but you will need to fire the first salvo.

December no far again. All of us must dey here. Even if you run, we go find you, bring you back. We must all see December and beyond. I want to see your tears when Tinubu finally collects the defeat that is surely waiting for him. Na dat day peace go depart you grin
Re: Voter Register: INEC Lied, Says Intersociety by Moh247: 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
00FFT00:

You will not blackmail anyone into granting you the space you need to continue the campaign of calumny against progressive Nigerians in favor of the pissing one.

Be confident in the knowledge that no one is cowed by your vituperation. Indeed, a formidable troupe of the people on whose toes you've stepped on over time with your Tinubu vending and anti-Igbo rhetorics will reciprocate in kind, but you will need to fire the first salvo.

December no far again. All of us must dey here. Even if you run, we go find you, bring you back. We must all see December and beyond. I want to see your tears when Tinubu finally collects the defeat that is surely waiting for him. Na dat day peace go depart you grin

Omo we go see, go and ask your oga wey teach you trolling work who I be for here

(1) (Reply)

NNAMDI KANU: Igbos In Abuja Jubilate (video) / Why Is It Yorubas That Have Richest Man And Woman? / Last Night, A Walmart Manager Shot 10 Customers To Death.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.