Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities (22462 Views)

JAMB Budgets N100m To Prosecute 200 For Malpractice / Covenant University Sets Aside N4 Billion For International Staff Recruitment / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 14, 2022
stevnwigw1:
Hope the money will be digitally monitored.

What money? Take time to find out how much is budgeted for State Dinners in the Kitchen at Aso Rock villa. Or newspapers in the Office of the Deputy Senate President and you'll see that education wears rags in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Slurity(m): 4:48am On Oct 14, 2022
Buhari eventually did well than the Obj and past government that made the agreements but ran away from it. I am generally disappointed in Buhari but on this one, well done!

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by RepoMan007: 5:02am On Oct 14, 2022
Weffy:
Price of everything keeps increasing yearly
Yes, but is govt money increasing.

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Nosayer: 5:24am On Oct 14, 2022
Reinaldo:
Harvard's budget is about $6 billion per year

Harvard is a highly subsidized private university which gets funds from so many organizations, strong alumni body and subsidy from the government.

Nigeria's system of governance is not stable or perhaps, we don't have strong institutional stability.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by dbig3: 5:38am On Oct 14, 2022
what of uniport

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 14, 2022
At the end, that's not enough.
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 14, 2022
Nosayer:

Harvard is a highly subsidized private university which gets funds from so many organizations, strong alumni body and subsidy from the government.

Nigeria's system of governance is not stable or perhaps, we don't have strong institutional stability.

They also charge very nice school fees. $14000

And all those subsides come from....you guessed it...taxes. Even then, that's not the main source of their income.

Nigerians are not yet ready to pay for Harvard type universites. We don't have enough rich people, our tax to gdp ratio is too low, and we don't earn enough from oil to sustain all of us. And we are not a nation that exports industrial products.

The day we are ready to change how we run our economy...from a sharing cake economy to an industrial economy...AND...everyone pays taxes, not just 30% of the economically active population AND....students are ready to pay fees of 5million naira and above, then we can talk about having universites like that.

What annoys me about the discussion on Nigerian educaiton is that we think we can have Harvard for fees of less than 200 dollars per annum and budgets of 58 million dollars. Also, we come and crap about half baked graduates...when we are not funding the universites well enough t o produce full baked.

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 14, 2022
Okealaaye:

What money? Take time to find out how much is budgeted for State Dinners in the Kitchen at Aso Rock villa. Or newspapers in the Office of the Deputy Senate President and you'll see that education wears rags in Nigeria.

Even if we spent the 5 billion naira or thereabouts that Aso Rock spends on itself on education, it won't be enough. Overall, we need trillions of naira to imprve university education alone.
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Fearyourcreator: 6:22am On Oct 14, 2022
Reinaldo:
Lolzzzs... How many states in Nigeria get this sef
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Fearyourcreator: 6:23am On Oct 14, 2022
benqo01:
And yet some of the federal universities are nothing to write home about,so much Budgeted nothing to show for it what a pity.
So much? That money is small
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Fearyourcreator: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2022
Kajaard:

This is my fear,because I know a lot of VCs and university management would start building mansions soon because there is almost a zero audit of these universities.

I still remember way back in my undergraduate days many years ago how the Uniben school management got super rich and they were never audited.
So ... Some of you know this ...

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by oofjm: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2022
Confirmedzombie:
Why is uniport not in the list. Even Imo state state University, Abia state University, ESUT, RUST,

This marginalisation of the South must stop.

I think we the entire southern youth will embark a massive protest over this allocation.

We are not illiterates. Watch how some educated illiterates will support this allocation
the only one I agree with you there is uniport.....the allocation is for first and second generation university(Federal universities).....can't u see that unn that is from the south east got the highest allocation and by the way the other ones u mention are state universities.....una go just carry hatred for una mind for nothing......go protest now....rubbish

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by yemex04(m): 6:31am On Oct 14, 2022
Yankee101:
So all this trike is to benefit just 14 universities?
How about other state schools and private universities?

I have said times again, the States Schools had no business in being part of that Strike of ASUU negotiating with federal govt.. Federal Govt is responsible for Federal Universities only while States Governments are responsible univerties created by them.... I wonder if the states Governors will pay them now that National ASUU have called of the Strike having been paid there 8 months salary never worked for.

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by everythinggirly(f): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2022
Hmm, all these billion billion, I hope it's not just a mere promise? You guys should make it manifest, at the same time some schools were not mentioned, who did they offend?
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by GUNITGuy: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2022
Reinaldo:
Can any Nigerian University generate just 100millions dollars on its own in a year

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by omonnakoda: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2022
benqo01:
And yet some of the federal universities are nothing to write home about,so much Budgeted nothing to show for it what a pity.
And yet?
So much? Are you alright?
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by nairayouthcom(m): 7:53am On Oct 14, 2022
Corridon:
They should do more than that. How much is a senator's salary?

U need Cain �
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by kennylagos(m): 9:08am On Oct 14, 2022
I wonder why state universities always joined the strike.
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by ArewaNorth: 9:35am On Oct 14, 2022
zeyt:
Discrimination even in University budgetary allocation.

This is recurrent expenditure, it depends on the manpower of the universities that is why most of those with highest allocation are oldest universities and NOUN which has hundred study centres across the Nation.
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Everlastingson: 10:47am On Oct 14, 2022
APC and their President are pure evil. #230B for 14 Universities!!!!! But they budgeted #11B just for food and travels.Then you budget #16B for a University!! This is the most wicked government on planet earth.
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Panda7(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
·hisses what happen to the rest of the universities? idiot
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by DaveHarry(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Why no allocation for federal university of petroleum resources in ugbomro, Delta state. Is it not a federal university too?
Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by DaveHarry(m): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
GUNITGuy:

Can any Nigerian University generate just 100millions dollars on its own in a year
How many states in Nigeria can?

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by GUNITGuy: 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
DaveHarry:

How many states in Nigeria can?
That's the level on unproductivity our system encourages ......We can't continue to encourage mediocrity....
Let's encourage innovation creativity in solving Human problems ....Let's reward excellence not just occupying an office

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦230.9‬ Billion For 14 Nigerian Universities by Wwwq: 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me / Nigerian Dropout Alexander Amosu Bags Honorary PhD In Enterpreurship(photos) / Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.