Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi (2638 Views)

Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali / High Price Of Oil May Not Benefit Nigeria- Sanusi / Is The North Africa Revolution Possible In Nigeria? Sanusi - Yes, Bankole - No (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Onlytruth(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2011
How did this thread end up in Foreign Section of this site?
Since when did Nigerian internal politics become an international affair?
Una no dey shame sef for dis una open bias on Yoruba issues?

Here is the link for those who want to comment on it.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-737591.0.html
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Onlytruth(m): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2011
This is how you folks ruin Nigeria. Open chicanery and fraud!
You take a Triangle and pretend it belongs in a round hole!
That is why we don't have electricity. You can't even handle a simple talk forum. SMDH.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by okadaman2: 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
MODs should try and be a little bit smarter with all these thread movements. That thread belongs in politics. Because it mentions "tribe" " bigot" or even money does not remove from it's political relevance.

Onlytruth, I suspect they were trying to move it to Tribalim section and made an error. I agree it Should be in politics.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2011
The topic title must have amaze you

On same article

[size=15pt][b]

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=868:yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi&catid=57:sanusi-lamido-sanusi

The Igbo people of Nigeria have made a mark in the history of this nation. They led the first successful military coup which eliminated the Military and Political leaders of other regions while letting off Igbo leaders. Nwafor Orizu, then Senate President, in consultation with President Azikiwe, subverted the constitution and handed over power to Aguiyi-Ironsi.  Subsequent developments, including attempts at humiliating other peoples, led to the counter-coup and later the civil war. The Igbos themselves must acknowledge that they have a large part of the blame for shattering the unity of this country.

Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity.[/b][/size]

What was the Igbo's foolishness?

Anywaz, thread belongs in the tribalism section, thread movement must have been a mistake. Any opinion that has to do with specific Nigerian tribes should be moved to tribalism section.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Dede1(m): 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The topic title must have amaze you

On same article

What was the Igbo's foolishness?

Anywaz, thread belongs in the tribalism section, thread movement must have been a mistake. Any opinion that has to do with specific Nigerian tribes should be moved to tribalism section.

Ekiti Ikebe, If you were not drunk with sort of bigotry, you should have discovered fallacies imbedded in the useless paragraphs.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2011

[size=20pt]The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have conspired to keep the Igbo out of the scheme of things. [/size]In the recent transition when the Igbo solidly supported the PDP in the hope of an Ekwueme presidency, the North and South-West treated this as a Biafra agenda. Every rule set for the primaries, every gentleman´s agreement was set aside to ensure that Obasanjo, not Ekwueme emerged as the candidate. Things went as far as getting the Federal Government to hurriedly gazette a pardon. Now, with this government, the marginalistion of the Igbo is more complete than ever before. [size=18pt]The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb[/size].

[size=18pt]After the First World War, the victors treated Germany with the same contempt Nigeria is treating Igbos. Two decades later, there was a Second World War, far costlier than the first. Germany was again defeated, but this time, they won a more honourable peace.[/size] Our present political leaders have no sense of History. [size=22pt]There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity.[/size]

[size=18pt]The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have exacted their pound of flesh from the Igbos. For one Sardauna, one Tafawa Balewa, one Akintola and one Okotie-Eboh, hundreds of thousands have died and suffered.

If this issue is not addressed immediately, no conference will solve Nigeria´s problems.
[/size]

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

I respect this sanusi the more. He has said it all.

[size=16pt]ALL WE [THE NEW IGBO GENERATION] ARE SAYING IS - WE ARE TIRED OF BEING MADE CANON FODDERS BY THE NORTH AND SOUTH! WE MAY BE COMPELLED TO FIGHT BACK![/size]
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by ak47mann(m): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
cheesy cheesy grin YARIBAS what can one do to you people,
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by RoadStar: 12:50am On Aug 18, 2011
And this same man ended up CBN governor.
Do u see what is wrong with this nation ?
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Obiagu1(m): 1:20am On Aug 18, 2011
This shouldn't be news anymore.
This is what I know for ages!

If the Yorubas declare independence today, believe me there will be jubilation in other parts of the country. The papers will be signed immediately and allow them secede without a second thought.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Onlytruth(m): 5:22am On Aug 18, 2011
Posted by: Obiagu1

If the Yorubas declare independence today, believe me there will be jubilation in other parts of the country. The papers will be signed immediately and allow them secede without a second thought.

LOL!
Ordinarily, the bolded would have been the happiest day of my life. But I remember that they would attempt to steal my properties in Lagos. Therefore, for me there are only two possible outcomes:

(1) Chase all of those forafukers to Benin republic
(2) Internally colonize them in Nigeria

After a thorough reflection, I remembered the words of Nelson Mandela:
The greatest punishment you can give to your enemy is to have him serve you.

So, I'm inclined to take the second option. cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 18, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Obiagu1
LOL!
Ordinarily, the bolded would have been the happiest day of my life. But I remember that they would attempt to steal my properties in Lagos. Therefore, for me there are only two possible outcomes:

After a thorough reflection, I remembered the words of Nelson Mandela:

Spoken like a true foolhardy ibo. You have your properties in an enemy territory, but since you cannot take them with you, you will find a way to make your enemies serve you in his own land!!!
You people will never learn!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by tpia5: 5:41am On Aug 18, 2011
what does internally colonize mean.

sounds illegal.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Onlytruth(m): 5:42am On Aug 18, 2011
^^

Its gonna happen.

The greatest mistake yall made was in 1967 -70.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by tpia5: 5:43am On Aug 18, 2011
^^internally colonize isnt a good choice of words.

sounds you know what.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 18, 2011
tpia@:

^^internally colonize isnt a good choice of words.

sounds you know what.

How in the name of Beelzebub are they going to achieve that. Ala ti ko ni le se.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Onlytruth(m): 5:49am On Aug 18, 2011
Posted by: Aigbofa

[b]How in the name of Beelzebub [/b]are they going to achieve that. Ala ti ko ni le se.

Your demon father cannot save you from the destiny you chose out of a natural inclination to fear, wickedness and betrayal.
You will face that destiny.
Na we and una for naija.  cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by ektbear: 5:50am On Aug 18, 2011
Why do these cockroaches think they have any say at all in anything that happens?

"we should", "we will". . . how?

Who takes anything you say seriously?
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 18, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Aigbofa
Your demon father cannot save you from the destiny you chose out of a natural inclination to fear, wickedness and betrayal.
You will face that destiny.
Na we and una for naija.  cool

Onlytruth:

Those were your words. Now, tell me who is exhibiting fear, wickedness and betrayal?
My demon father? You are more stup.id than I thought.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 18, 2011
Aigbofa:

Spoken like a true foolhardy ibo. You have your properties in an enemy territory, but since you cannot take them with you, you will find a way to make your enemies serve you in his own land!!!
You people will never learn! 

Funny thing is, Igbos are still playing boi toi to Hausa-Fulani men.

Serving the enemy indeed.

quite frankly, I find this thread and the other Awo threads funny.  grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Funny thing is, Igbos are still playing boi toi to Hausa-Fulani men.

Serving the enemy indeed.

quite frankly, I find this thread and the other Awo threads funny. grin

It is even funnier that their real enemy is ignorance. Yorubas are the last people they should be flexing their puny muscles at.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Onlytruth(m): 6:08am On Aug 18, 2011
We are waiting for una. hehe!
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 18, 2011
Onlytruth:

We are waiting for una. hehe!

Ojukwu said more than that. He ended up running away in a pleated skirt.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by ektbear: 6:33am On Aug 18, 2011
^-- Don't even bother responding to this dude. He is a blustering f00l much like his townsman Ojukwu.

Is he not the one who said the other day that in the US, if the president falls ill and his sickness isn't covered by his healthcare plan, they'd just let him die? cheesy

These folks talk a good game, but don't back it up. . .
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Don't even bother responding to this dude. He is a blustering f00l much like his townsman Ojukwu.

Is he not the one who said the other day that in the US,[b] if the president falls ill and his sickness isn't covered by his healthcare plan, they'd just let him die? :[/b]D

LOL grin grin grin

I guess that is under OkoroCare.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by ektbear: 6:39am On Aug 18, 2011
Aigbofa:

LOL grin grin grin

I guess that is under OkoroCare.

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by 1luvkipsus: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2011
@Topic. Oh righteous Judge!Most learned Jury. A Daniel has finally come to jugdement.so what's your ruling?Hittler's treatment?
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by sunboy(m): 8:06am On Aug 18, 2011
You people still won't let the Yorubas be! Won't leave there land! Why not start buying properties and investing on your motherlands too
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by henry101(m): 8:10am On Aug 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

I dare anyone to come and say anything close to that statement. I repeat I dare any of them.
No one is leaving Nigeria till the time bomb blows gboaaaa, then we will see/know who will carry the day.

ekt_bear:

Is he not the one who said the other day that in the US, if the president falls ill and his sickness isn't covered by his healthcare plan, they'd just let him die? cheesy

Go fokn deal with your backstabbing leaders of yours who would sell their kinsmen for money.
No body have come out to deny it.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/yes-southwest-leaders-were-bribed-shetima-president-aycf/

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-731971.0.html

Ojukwu is doing good and fine whether He's under okorocare or Uwacare, you mumutard.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by ektbear: 8:33am On Aug 18, 2011
Hehe.

How much painkiller did they feed the old man tonight? It must suck, dying from a very painful, lingering wasting illness, eh?

Speaking of tonight, which of his cousins/kinsmen is nailing Ojukwu's wife? grin And have his brother and children resolved their dispute over his property?

Like two vultures fighting over a corpse cheesy

This image seems appropriate:
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by dempeople(m): 8:41am On Aug 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe.

How much painkiller did they feed the old man tonight? It must suck, dying from a very painful, lingering wasting illness, eh?

Speaking of tonight, which of his cousins/kinsmen is nailing Ojukwu's wife? grin And have his brother and children resolved their dispute over his property?

Like two vultures fighting over a corpse cheesy

This image seems appropriate:

Guy, you're not the kind of person I thought would be making fun of a dying man - especially, one revered by his people.

Of late, you've turned from being quite decent with your posts to, being quite negatively belligerent and loose. I prefer the previous ekt-bear.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by ektbear: 8:42am On Aug 18, 2011
Tell your folk to calm their @sses down and I'll do the same. I haven't made fun of the dude dying prior to today, and ordinarily would not do so.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi by dempeople(m): 8:48am On Aug 18, 2011
No. You tell them cos you're the one arguing with them. Its entirely your prerogative.

The sort of choice of words emanating from you nowadays, doesn't resemble the posts I associated with your moniker a while ago.

(1) (2)

Silencing Beaf And Company / Why Do Yorubas Hate GEJ So Much? / How Africa's New Urban Centers Are Shifting Its Old Colonial Boundaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.