Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,084 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide (1652 Views)

Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Dainy1(m): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2022
To me, I already recommended divorce. What is your own opinion in this matter?

My younger sister opened up on some ugly situation in her marriage and to me it's not acceptable.

Ever since she got married, she provides everything for herself. Including, in pregnancy through delivery, feeding and paying bills. Her son is 5yrs old now. She's responsible for school fees and everything. The husband has been given excuses up and down without providing and supporting. He has a job but he's being manipulative.

He get her pregnant and begin to sweet talk her and wouldn't provide nor support. He wants children, but he wouldn't pay any bills.

Right now, he's pressurizing her for another child or he'll get more children outside their marriage. She's afriad of more responsibilities of having another baby with her husband because she has no job and her business is struggling.
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Jeon(f): 10:45am On Oct 15, 2022
Divorce

7 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by HarlequinLekex: 10:48am On Oct 15, 2022
She should not divorce so her children won't be suffering from the effect of broken home.
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by faithfull18(f): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2022
God abeg, she shouldn't birth more than she can provide for. I don't advocate divorce o, she should probably involve third parties at this point as she is married to herself.

1 Like

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Zee0007: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2022
One sided story. No man will love kids and yet not provide for them.

Maybe what he gives might not be much but it not nice to say he doesn't drop anything.

1 Like

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by HarlequinLekex: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2022
Wasn't the taking/sharing of responsibilities talked b4 marriage?
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by ahnie: 10:53am On Oct 15, 2022
DIVORCE ABEG.

4 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by dawnomike(m): 10:53am On Oct 15, 2022
Dainy1:

My younger sister opened up on some ugly situation in her marriage and to me it's not acceptable.

Ever since she got married, she provides everything for herself. Including, in pregnancy through delivery, feeding and paying bills. Her son is 5yrs old now. She's responsible for school fees and everything. The husband has been given excuses up and down without providing and supporting. He has a job but he's being manipulative.

He get her pregnant and begin to sweet talk her and wouldn't provide nor support. He wants children, but he wouldn't pay any bills.

Right now, he's pressurizing her for another child or he'll get more children outside their marriage. She's afriad of more responsibilities of having another baby with her husband because she has no job and her business is struggling.
She keep using contraceptive while the husband keeps trying in vain to get her pregnant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Shalommy(f): 10:53am On Oct 15, 2022
Jeon:
Divorce
Right. Hi girlfriend, happy weekend. Mind taking me out? smiley

2 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Dainy1(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2022
Zee0007:
One sided story. No man will love kids and yet not provide for them.

Maybe what he gives might not be much but it not nice to say he doesn't drop anything.
He doesn't. She has been covering for him all along. Too many sineros she explained, I can't explain all her.

1 Like

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Cutehector(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2022
dawnomike:
She keep using contraceptive while the husband keeps trying in vain to get her pregnant
at the expense of her health?

1 Like

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Cutehector(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2022
I feel marriages have outlived its importance in this generation.
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Jeon(f): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2022
Shalommy:
Right. Hi girlfriend, happy weekend. Mind taking me out? smiley
grin

happy weekend.

5 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Shalommy(f): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2022
Jeon:
grin
happy weekend.
Chaiii... cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Hollybratt(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2022
Dainy1:

Hey, chap, she's ur younger sister, why not face her husband and sort things out.
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2022
She needs to make an exit plan,
not get pregnant for him again.
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by dawnomike(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2022
Cutehector:
Family planning is normal for a married lady who does not want to give birth yet sir

2 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Cutehector(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2022
dawnomike:
Family planning is normal for a married lady who does not want to give birth yet sir
has your wife done family planning sir?
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Cutehector(m): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2022
Shalommy:
Chaiii... cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
two of una be guys with deeks abeg.. Make una get lost for this forum.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Shalommy(f): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2022
Cutehector:
two of una be guys with deeks abeg.. Make una get lost for this forum.
Na jealousy go kee you undecided Chaii cheesy

2 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Jeon(f): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2022
Shalommy:
Na jealousy go kee you undecided Chaii cheesy

4 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Dainy1(m): 11:56am On Oct 15, 2022
Hollybratt:
Hey, chap, she's ur younger sister, why not face her husband and sort things out.
I will. I'm just being careful not to scatter everything because I've heard many horrible things that can make me fire him slap if he try to be rude.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Mindlog: 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
She should not divorce so her children won't be suffering from the effect of broken home.

The home is already "broken", ending the marriage is what is best for the woman and their son. He should be free to have more with other women but must make sure he tells them before hand that he is aversed to providing for his children before one whey her nut lose sort him out.

4 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Helpout12345: 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2022
Dainy1:

He doesn't. She has been covering for him all along. Too many sineros she explained, I can't explain all her.

It has not gotten to divorce yet. For sure the wife should not get pregnant for another child for now, but not up to divorce.

1. Get elders from your family, probably your dad, to call the husband and discuss the issue

2. If 1 didn't make him sensible, the elder in your family should escalate discussion to his elders, probably his father too.

3. They should make him be a responsible husband and father to his wife and their first child; and watch how it goes for some time.

4. If he gets the message and change, he and his wife can increase the family size.
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2022
Divorce.

Unhappy wives should better realise that there is nothing to gain in a useless marriage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Sijo01(f): 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2022
A typical example of marriages favouring men than women. Yet some nairaland hooligans thinks and says otherwise.

This is what goes on in many Nigerian marriages.

They marry you and turns to liability. House rent they can't pay, feeding, no way, taking care of the wife's needs, they can't. Even their kids needs, they cannot take care of.

What they're good at is sex, sex, sex and bringing innocent kids into the world.

When it comes to spending and lavishing their resources outside, nobody can beat them to it.

@Op, by all means ensure you stand by your sister to do the right thing.

7 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by DenreleDave(m): 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2022
Dainy1:
I will. I'm just being careful not to scatter everything because I've heard many horrible things that can make me fire him slap if he try to be rude.

You will fire a man slap and he wunt beay u in and out

I think your sister should get a divorce if the husband is not ready to cater for the responsibilities. And she should not make the mistake of giving birth to another one
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by eniolorunfe: 6:46pm On Oct 15, 2022
How many children does your sis want? If it’s one then she can consider exiting the marriage, but if she wants more, she can consider his request and strategize on how to get him to provide more since it’s not that the husband is broke. Involving elders in the family that will confront the husband and ask him what his plans are should help. I guess that’s why she informed you.

1 Like

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Acidosis(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
Advise her to be very careful.. Better to have another child with a responsible man than produce more babies with that man.

For the child they already have, she needs to return the energy. If he fails to provide for you and your child, steal his money.

1 Like

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2022
It pays to be who you are most times, shebi she was forming good girl that she's independent and it has now backfired,she should not divorce him but keep up with the independent good girl energy. I like myself ehn, God knows i can't stress myself in this life, me that goes to bed 7pm sometimes will now enter husband house to be doing masculine responsibilities, lai lai.

1 Like

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Oct 16, 2022
Cutehector:
Contraceptives come at the expense of a woman's health , how? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Kobojunkie: 12:05am On Oct 16, 2022
Dainy1:

Hope she isn't also covering up other possible abuse in the relationship? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wife To Be Think Ability / Have You Caught Ur Wife With Boy Friend? / What Do I Do Now That The Help I Gave Is Giving Me Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.