Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,185 members, 7,849,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:04 AM

Over 872 Developmental Projects In Niger Delta Under Buhari – Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 872 Developmental Projects In Niger Delta Under Buhari – Minister (140 Views)

IGBOLAND Developmental Projects / THE NORTH SHOULD NOT BE BLAMED FOR NIGER DELTA UNDER DEVELOPMENT / Buhari Arrives Maiduguri To Inaugurate Developmental Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over 872 Developmental Projects In Niger Delta Under Buhari – Minister by ArewaNorth: 10:58am On Oct 15, 2022
The Minister of the Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Umana Okon Umana, says President Muhammadu Buhari has improved the living conditions of the people of Niger Delta region, particularly in the areas of economic development, infrastructure, investment and policy enactment.

Umana gave the commendation while answering questions on ‘Politics Nationwide’, a Radio Nigeria Audience Participatory Programme.

The Minister maintained that the Buhari administration since 2015 till date, has facilitated growth and development in the region evidenced in the records of projects undertaken by his Ministry.

“Looking at the records of the ministry (Niger Delta Affairs), we have projects that spread over several sectors: roads and bridges, education, agriculture, youth and women empowerment, housing, environment and so on. All of these areas are areas which impact seriously on the developmental agenda of the Niger Delta region.”

“Between May 29, 2015 and 2022, there are over 872 developmental projects in the region, informing that up to 60 percent of the projects sited at different States of the Niger Delta region have been completed,” he said.

The projects, according to the Minister cover roads, bridges, skills acquisition centres, housing estates, agriculture; where cassava processing mills, oil palm processing mills among others have been set up in various states of the region.

“The massive project starts from Oron in Akwa Ibom State and runs through virtually all the states in the Niger Delta to Warri. It’s been ongoing for a while and from the records, it’s 80 percent completed. This was a very huge project, in terms of magnitude.

“Last year, Mr. President, in his wisdom, directed that the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs should hand this project over to the Ministry of Works and Housing. That was done. I must say that a significant segment of that road which the Ministry of Works and Housing is to address now from Eleme to Onne segment and it’s 15 kilometres stretch and it’s going to be six dual carriage way and rightly so because, this is an industrial hub where you have the Eleme Refinery, Indorama Petrochemical Plant, Notore Complex and Free Zone, the Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone, Onne Port, etc. So, we look at the investment and assets in that industrial hub. It is only right that, that segment of the road be properly done. It is now the responsibility of the Ministry of Works. I know there has been an agitation by members of community, but you know that as government, we have to follow due process.

“I’m aware that the Federal Ministry of Works has secured funding for that project under the Tax Liability Scheme. And it has also gone through Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) and I think the stage now should be award of the contract.

“So, I think that the people of the Niger Delta, especially people of that community where that section of the road traverses, they can look forward to happy days and all of the operators in that zone. I speak authoritatively, knowing that with funds now in place and with Bureau of Public Procurement having done its own bid, the contract will be awarded very soon.”

https://dailytrust.com/over-872-developmental-projects-in-niger-delta-under-buhari-minister
Re: Over 872 Developmental Projects In Niger Delta Under Buhari – Minister by Osariemen12: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2022
Audio

(1) (Reply)

Mini-budget Tax And Spending Measures To Be Set Out By The New Chancellor / ATIKU, OBI & TINUBU: RESTRUCTURING IS NOT SELF-DETERMINATION! ~ NDIDI UWECHUE / Can The State Violate Personal Privacy In The Name Of "Protection"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.