Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? (2661 Views)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / If Jesus Died For Our Sins, .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:13am On Oct 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Here's a better question... .why does He need a real name? He is God, He is one and there is no other... so what is the use of Him having a real name? undecided

No sir! That's is not a better question but what you comcorted in your brain.

I'd God says He has a name why should I decide to fashion one for him?

I have seen in the Bible where God said " I am something that is my "name" ( I am paraphrasing here).

Again there are many verses in the Bible that says God do have a name the Semites call Him.

When God sent The Angel to announce the annunciation of Abraham's first born, we read that the Angel said " though shall call his name ISHMAEL which means God Hears/heard. We did not read Adonai/Yahweh here. I pointed out to you that when your Jesus was dying for your sin on the cross, he called on Eloi,Eloi and not Adonai or any of the foolish contraptions you guys wove as God's name.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Kobojunkie: 12:17am On Oct 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:
1. No sir! That's is not a better question but what you comcorted in your brain. I'd God says He has a name why should I decide to fashion one for him? I have seen in the Bible where God said " I am something that is my "name" ( I am paraphrasing here). Again there are many verses in the Bible that says God do have a name the Semites call Him.

2. When God sent The Angel to announce the annunciation of Abraham's first born, we read that the Angel said " though shall call his name ISHMAEL which means God Hears/heard. We did not read Adonai/Yahweh here. I pointed out to you that when your Jesus was dying for your sin on the cross, he called on Eloi,Eloi and not Adonai or any of the foolish contraptions you guys wove as God's name.
1. Well, if you read clearly, all the names He gave in scripture, again, are titles of one kind or another. undecided

2. Even the name indicated in that instance turns out a title. So, I am not certain, why you want to drag this further than it should go here. "Eloi, Eloi..." - "My God, my God" - titles, same as "Adonai" is another title. undecided

So, can we please get to the actual discussion that you called for at this point instead? undecided
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:24am On Oct 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Well, if you read clearly, all the names He gave in scripture, again, are titles of one kind or another. undecided

2. Even the name indicated in that instance turns out a title. So, I am not certain, why you want to drag this further than it should go here. "Eloi, Eloi..." - "My God, my God" - titles. undecided

So, can we please get to the actual discussion that you called for at this point instead? undecided

All the name He gave? Lol.

So, God was giving out Titles and kept His real name to Himself yet He asked His Worshippers to Call on Him? Chai.......

As for our discussion, I don't want us to talk too much nor beat about the bush

Let us start with Father Abraham.

God held out A Promise to that Man. Judaism Christianity and Islam agreed on that.

In Which of his son's was this promise to be fulfilled?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Oct 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:
1. All the name He gave? Lol. So, God was giving out Titles and kept His real name to Himself yet He asked His Worshippers to Call on Him? Chai.......

2. As for our discussion, I don't want us to talk too much nor beat about the bush . Let us start with Father Abraham. God held out A Promise to that Man. Judaism Christianity and Islam agreed on that. In Which of his son's was this promise to be fulfilled?
1. Clearly, you have yet to in fact learn this for yourself. undecided

2. The fact that the two deities - Adonai and Allah - each chose differently is a clear enough indication that they cannot be one and the same, is that not good enough? undecided
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:32am On Oct 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Clearly, you have yet to in fact learn this for yourself. undecided

2. The fact that the two deities - Adonai and Allah - each chose differently is a clear enough indication that they cannot be one and the same, is that not good enough? undecided

1. I have learned it and I want to show you from the Bible you have been carrying all along without knowing it.

2. No Semites called God Adonai. A simple Google search and Wikipedia will tell you that.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Kobojunkie: 12:48am On Oct 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:
1. I have learned it and I want to show you from the Bible you have been carrying all along without knowing it.

2. No Semites called God Adonai. A simple Google search and Wikipedia will tell you that.
1. undecided
2. I am not a semite, so again, the fact that the two deities - Adonai and Allah - each chose differently is a clear enough indication that they cannot be one and the same, is that not good enough? undecided
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:58am On Oct 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Straight from the mouth of Nairaland chief Babbler.
Whatever! smiley
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:40am On Oct 20, 2022
cornelboy:

What do you think about the topic?

This guy.. I hope your JW delusion wears off some day

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by cornelboy(f): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

This guy.. I hope your JW delusion wears off some day
What's understanding of the topic?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Image123(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
englishmart:
The deal was that he who knew no sin, would die as a recompense for sin. After dying to save the world, he resurrected on the third day. Didn't his resurrection invalidate the deal?

What deal again? Was the payment or propitiation not fully made?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Image123(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! You hit the nail on the head. All these people forming faith in the god but not one has decided to risk his life to go and preach in Sambisa. Bwahahahahaha!

Do you really believe that all of life is online and that what you have not read on NL didn't happen?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by LordReed(m): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2022
Image123:

Do you really believe that all of life is online and that what you have not read on NL didn't happen?

All you need to do is tell me anyone you know that has gone to preach to Boko Haram in Sambisa.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Image123(m): 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
LordReed:

All you need to do is tell me anyone you know that has gone to preach to Boko Haram in Sambisa.

Fortunately, i am not like you. You believe everything you hear about Sambissa and Boko Haram without ever encountering one or being there, that's some heavy faith. Yet, you find it easy to assume that nobody has ever preached in Sambissa (that you have never been to), to Boko haram(that you have never seen). You waste so much faith.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by LordReed(m): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2022
Image123:

Fortunately, i am not like you. You believe everything you hear about Sambissa and Boko Haram without ever encountering one or being there, that's some heavy faith. Yet, you find it easy to assume that nobody has ever preached in Sambissa (that you have never been to), to Boko haram(that you have never seen). You waste so much faith.

LoLz! The person making assumptions here is you. You assume I said nobody has gone to Sambisa to preach. Read what I wrote again. Also you aren't like me is clear you just like being contrarian for no reason. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Image123(m): 6:05am On Oct 21, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! The person making assumptions here is you. You assume I said nobody has gone to Sambisa to preach. Read what I wrote again. Also you aren't like me is clear you just like being contrarian for no reason. LMFAO!

not one has decided to risk his life to go and preach in Sambisa. Bwahahahahaha!

You surely remember typing the above?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by LordReed(m): 8:34am On Oct 21, 2022
Image123:

You surely remember typing the above?

LoLz! Why did you edit my statement if you were being honest and also ignoring the context of the post I was responding to.

Besides no need for long rigmarole which is your usual m.o., just show 1 person who based on his faith in the god's power has gone to Sambisa. If you have no example just say so.

And just to counter your assertion that people don't talk about stuff like this lemme tell you a lil story. I was still a Winners church member when the naked isolated tribe was found in Adamawa. Bishop Oyedepo celebrated how much the ministry did to clothe and preach to them. You cannot tell me now that if any effort had been made to go to Sambisa to preach to Boko Haram that he or any other person won't have announced it one way or another.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Image123(m): 11:26am On Oct 21, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! Why did you edit my statement if you were being honest and also ignoring the context of the post I was responding to.

Besides no need for long rigmarole which is your usual m.o., just show 1 person who based on his faith in the god's power has gone to Sambisa. If you have no example just say so.

And just to counter your assertion that people don't talk about stuff like this lemme tell you a lil story. I was still a Winners church member when the naked isolated tribe was found in Adamawa. Bishop Oyedepo celebrated how much the ministry did to clothe and preach to them. You cannot tell me now that if any effort had been made to go to Sambisa to preach to Boko Haram that he or any other person won't have announced it one way or another.

Here's your quote in full, what is different?

LoLz! You hit the nail on the head. All these people forming faith in the god but not one has decided to risk his life to go and preach in Sambisa. Bwahahahahaha!

Do you have anyone who has gone to Sambissa to preach or no, or why are you talking from different sides of the mouth? Do you have custody and access to all announcements made in different churches?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by LordReed(m): 11:42am On Oct 21, 2022
Image123:

Here's your quote in full, what is different?

Do you have anyone who has gone to Sambissa to preach or no, or why are you talking from different sides of the mouth? Do you have custody and access to all announcements made in different churches?

LoLz! Yes it's very different because I mentioned a specific set of people.

Why would I be the one to bring up an example of someone who has gone to preach in Sambisa when it is you opposing me? LMFAO! Rigmarole master.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by sonmvayina(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is what most religionists claiming Christians failed to understand, Jesus paid for mankind's sin as man but he resurrected as a spirit being, his human body is the sacrifice not his prehuman existence which must continue after his earthly mission! smiley

Paid to who?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by sonmvayina(m): 11:51am On Oct 21, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. Jesus Christ lived a righteous life according to the Standard that is the Old Law of Moses, and died a cursed death, in order to [b]pay off [/b]the ransom owed by those among His people who would choose through Him to live under God's New Law and Covenant in the Kingdom of God. By dying as He did, not only did He earn Righteousness which He was able to pay their ransom with, but He also overcame the power of the curse on those who were cursed among them, and by His resurrection, overcame the power of Death as well. undecided

2. Your example of yours falls tremendously short in this case. undecided

Paid to who?

Who asked for the payment ?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by sonmvayina(m): 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2022
Kobojunkie..you have clearly tried to ignore his first query...please, provide answer..I am waiting too.

Where did God say he will come or send his son to come and die for sins.

If no where, where did the gospel writers get the story from?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Paid to who?

sonmvayina:

Paid to who?
Who asked for the payment ?

Even after simple explanation you will still go back to your quagmire claiming Jesus never existed, but for the benefit of other followers i will answer the question.

God can judge anyone without consulting any personality but His ways are righteous meaning He will never act like a bully {Deuteronomy 32:4} rather He will present the case before everyone for all to see that He did what is right! Isaiah 1:18

Adam has eaten the forbidden fruit and sentenced all his yet unborn descendants to death so whether they're good or evil death will continue to be their portion as descendants of the sinner who chose death instead of life.

So obedient mankind needs another father to stand in as our foster father, this one must prove to be obedient no matter what circumstances he finds himself so we can learn obedience through him, then to become our father he must use his perfect soul as a ransom for the sin Adam brought upon us.
All those accepting this perfect and obedient man as their foster father must imitate his obedient attitude.

This is what Jesus presented before all the host in heaven {Hebrews 9:12 compare to 1Timothy 2:5-6} to show that obedient mankind can now have what Adam lost: life everlasting! John 3:16

JEHOVAH only need to be present with all other angels in heaven when Jesus present his perfect human flesh and blood then JEHOVAH can declared all those following Jesus' footstep righteous and worthy to live forever! Hebrews 12:24; 13:20

Whether you believe or not that's what happened in heaven and made Jesus had all the power both in heaven and on earth! Matthew 28:18 smiley
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by sonmvayina(m): 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
God already gave the Jews a solution to the problem of sin in 2nd chronicles 7:14 and in some other places, none of which involves the death of an innocent man or a demi god..

The Jews don't even have demigods as part of their religion.

Somebody is definitely lying. And I know who...
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by sonmvayina(m): 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Even after simple explanation you will still go back to your quagmire claiming Jesus never existed, but for the benefit of other followers i will answer the question.

God can judge anyone without consulting any personality but His ways are righteous meaning He will never act like a bully {Deuteronomy 32:4} rather He will present the case before everyone for all to see that He did what is right! Isaiah 1:18

Adam has eaten the forbidden fruit and sentenced all his yet unborn descendants to death so whether they're good or evil death will continue to be their portion as descendants of the sinner who chose death instead of life.

So obedient mankind needs another father to stand in as our foster father, this one must prove to be obedient no matter what circumstances he finds himself so we can learn obedience through him, then to become our father he must use his perfect soul as a ransom for the sin Adam brought upon us.
All those accepting this perfect and obedient man as their foster father must imitate his obedient attitude.

This is what Jesus presented before all the host in heaven {Hebrews 9:12 compare to 1Timothy 2:5-6} to show that obedient mankind can now have what Adam lost: life everlasting! John 3:16

JEHOVAH only need to be present with all other angels in heaven when Jesus present his perfect human flesh and blood then JEHOVAH can declared all those following Jesus' footstep righteous and worthy to live forever! Hebrews 12:24; 13:20

Whether you believe or not that's what happened in heaven and made Jesus had all the power both in heaven and on earth! Matthew 28:18 smiley

Who was the Ransome paid to.?

I don't need this long epistle...

Who asked for it.

Who paid it

Who collected it.

Did it work?

Who was released after the Ransome was paid?

Did
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by orisa37: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
I COME NOT TO ABOLISH BUT TO FULFILL THE LAW.
I'M COMING BACK A SECOND TIME TO SHOW WHO I AM REALLY IS, THE LORD, LORDGOD AND GOD OF THE UNIVERSE AND COMPRISING MY NEW JERUSALEMS.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Image123(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! Yes it's very different because I mentioned a specific set of people.

Why would I be the one to bring up an example of someone who has gone to preach in Sambisa when it is you opposing me? LMFAO! Rigmarole master.

Who are the people forming faith in God? i see that rigmarole title pained you well, it's still reverberating all over you.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by LordReed(m): 1:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
Image123:

Who are the people forming faith in God?

Most of if not all the more vocal Christian theists on Nairaland.

i see that rigmarole title pained you well, it's still reverberating all over you.

LoLz! What in Andromeda are you talking about?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

(1) Who was the Ransome paid to.?

(2) I don't need this long epistle...

(3) Who asked for it.

(4) Who paid it

(5) Who collected it.

(6) Did it work?

(7) Who was released after the Ransome was paid?

Did
1, All the Host in heaven.
2, The Host in heaven.
3, Jesus of Nazareth
4, The Host in heaven.
5, Yes!
6, All faithful members of the global family of peace loving worshipers!
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Ken4Christ: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
englishmart:
The deal was that he who knew no sin, would die as a recompense for sin. After dying to save the world, he resurrected on the third day. Didn't his resurrection invalidate the deal?

The death paid the prize for the sins of mankind. So mankind is legality acquitted of all charges against him.

His resurrection was the give hope to the dead that they too will rise again. It is to restore what Adam lost in the Garden of Eden. It is to give mankind the hope of living forever again.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2022
sonmvayina:
..you have clearly tried to ignore his first query...please, provide answer..I am waiting too. Where did God say he will come or send his son to come and die for sins. If no where, where did the gospel writers get the story from?
Go back to my response and do exactly as I instructed him to in order to find the answer you seek. Don't expect me to spoon-feed you what has been available to you from before you were born. undecided
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by sonmvayina(m): 8:06am On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Go back to my response and do exactly as I instructed him to in order to find the answer you seek. Don't expect me to spoon-feed you what has been available to you from before you were born. undecided

In other words..there is none..

Why don't you just say so...
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 9:16am On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. undecided
2. I am not a semite, so again, the fact that the two deities - Adonai and Allah - each chose differently is a clear enough indication that they cannot be one and the same, is that not good enough? undecided

You are not a semite but you have been carrying a book written by Semites, you believe and preached a A God preached by Semite, it won't be out of place if I ask you to research among Semites what they call that same God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. / What 'freedom Of Religion' Means To Muslims? / I Have An Addiction. Please Help!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.