Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? (2662 Views)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / If Jesus Died For Our Sins, .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 10:43am On Oct 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There are translations in English that you can easily comprehend. undecided

I am sorry but none of your Muslims understand even a smidge of what is the Law and the prophets as it is impossible to sell the idea that Allah and the God of Israel are one and the same deity with even just that, a smidge of understanding. undecided

2. I don't know about that. undecided

3. Stop spwing nonsense abeg and go read the book for yourself so you can rid yourself of your blatant ignorance. undecided

Oga Ade, if there is anyone spewing nonsense on Nairaland Religion Section, you will by a Million Miles.

I admit that a life long brainwash can't be undone in a few Nairaland posts. But sir, you and many of you here know next to nothing about the Book you have been defending and quoting all your life. Believe me on this.

I have read the Bible and I put it to you that you don't understand what it contains. To let you know that you don't understand a smidget of it. The Jews read the same Genesis to Malachi with you, but do you see any similarities between you and the Jews?

When you are ready to be like a child and relearn your faith, holler with a mention.

We can start from Genesis.

3 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:49am On Oct 16, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Dunce, The Quran was revealed to correct the errors (some knowingly made by men why an agenda and some that crept in unknowingly) . That part that says Abraham fed the Angels, was part of the Jewish Bible. Why not ask the Jews if they believed that the angels ate?

And I can't stick to the Quran alone. Do you know why? Your Bible claimed to have been an inspired book from God. I am a student of comparative religion who seek to see the similarities in Scriptures. It is only in your interpretation of all known Scriptures that Angelic beings eat, copulate, and many other stuff with humans. And the say way you can't stop spewing your kingdom hall babbles is the same way I won't stick with the Quran only.

Capiche?

Until you present a global family of peace loving worshipers using your Qu'ran as yardstick i'm not interested in whatever your Qu'ran has to say, i'm OK with my Bible alone! wink

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by nnamdiosu(m): 11:44am On Oct 16, 2022
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by nnamdiosu(m): 11:46am On Oct 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is what most religionists claiming Christians failed to understand, Jesus paid for mankind's sin as man but he resurrected as a spirit being, his human body is the sacrifice not his prehuman existence which must continue after his earthly mission! smiley

This is a complete heresy.i know you might be doing this in error but please stop.

Jesus resurrected as a complete bonafide human being.

As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have
.”

And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” and he took it and ate before them.
Luke 24:36‭-‬41‭, ‬43 ESV

Jesus himself testified he was flesh and blood.
He died a human for all humans and resurrected a human for all humans.

Spirit can die or ressurect. Else the whole point of redemption eod have failed.
After this if you decide to argue, it clearly shows you know the truth, but just want to cause confusion.
Thank you
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2022
nnamdiosu:

This is a complete heresy.i know you might be doing this in error but please stop.

Jesus died not because he deserves to but to pay a price for mankind's sin and that he did with his perfect human flesh and blood.
So at resurrection he materialised a form of body for his disciples to believe that he's now alive but it's a spirit they're seeing not that same body anymore! 1Corinthians 15:45

Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Until you present a global family of peace loving worshipers using your Qu'ran as yardstick i'm not interested in whatever your Qu'ran has to say, i'm OK with my Bible alone! wink

Your sect us only one of the thousand differing voices after reading the same thing from the same book. And I know you are not interested in what the Quran has to say because you are Deaf, Dumb and Blind. cheesy

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Your sect us only one of the thousand differing voices after reading the same thing from the same book. And I know you are not interested in what the Quran has to say because you are Deaf, Dumb and Blind. cheesy

YES! I'm DEAF, DUMB and BLIND to a worthless book that has no practical benefits! wink

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Logically a human known very well by all his friends can't become a stranger if it's the same body {John 20:11-16; Luke 24:15-32} well it's due to the fact that he has returned to spirit form since his human body used as sacrifice for sin has been taken away! smiley

Max max.. if indeed He resurrected as a spirit being then why did he ask her not to touch him? Can someone touch a spirit? Why did He ask Thomas to touch and feel His wounds if He resurrected as a spirit?

If he was resurrected as a spirit being then how could he eat broiled fish? Do spirits eat physical food?

The truth is that He was resurrected in a spiritual body.. It might be spiritual but it still is a body, and as such, can interact with physical things, but also interacts with spiritual things... It can disappear and appear...

Guy seriously you have to start questioning your JW doctrines... Be open to the fact that you just might be deceived...
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Max max.. if indeed He resurrected as a spirit being then why did he ask her not to touch him? Can someone touch a spirit? Why did He ask Thomas to touch and feel His wounds if He resurrected as a spirit?
If he was resurrected as a spirit being then how could he eat broiled fish? Do spirits eat physical food?
The truth is that He was resurrected in a spiritual body.. It might be spiritual but it still is a body, and as such, can interact with physical things, but also interacts with spiritual things... It can disappear and appear...
Guy seriously you have to start questioning your JW doctrines... Be open to the fact that you just might be deceived...

What exactly is your question? cheesy

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YES! I'm DEAF, DUMB and BLIND to a worthless book that has no practical benefits! wink

See wailing lol.

And the one that has benefits, what has it produced? Over 40,000 Sects each and everyone claiming to be it's true representation whole condemning others to perdition. Lol

And if your next reply you hang out your Death Cult group as the true one sebi?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2022
Lukuluku69:

See wailing lol.
And the one that has benefits, what has it produced? Over 40,000 Sects each and everyone claiming to be it's true representation whole condemning others to perdition. Lol
And if your next reply you hang out your Death Cult group as the true one sebi?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES organization is the one and only group practicing what Jesus taught in the Bible!
Jesus talked about the FRUIT expected of pure worship {Matthew 7:16-18} as fully explained in the Bible by two prophets {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} which will help all worshipers of God to speak in harmony as in PEACE! Zephaniah 3:9

So even when 100,000 different sects including yours are claiming they believe in God with different books and theories i have found the one and only group producing what we're all expecting from the true believers in God among JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! wink

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Shawl001(m): 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2022
englishmart:
The deal was that he who knew no sin, would die as a recompense for sin. After dying to save the world, he resurrected on the third day. Didn't his resurrection invalidate the deal?

For example, I hired and paid an assassin to get someone eliminated, few months later, I found out the person didn't die after all. Don't you think the deal falling through will trigger a refund?

Your example doesn't correlate with the initial statement.
Jesus died! No doubt about it. And that's all that's needed for the remission of sins.

But then, He went further, He resurrected from the Dead...(its different from, He didn't die). Now, His resurrection brought about the Newness of Life to every believer, and also, hope of a glorified and immortal body like the one He now has.
Its also a proof to creation that, what has died, can live again...whatever is it, if Only the same Spirit that raised Jesus up, dwells in it.

Shalom!
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2022
Lukuluku69:
Oga Ade, if there is anyone spewing nonsense on Nairaland Religion Section, you will by a Million Miles.

I admit that a life long brainwash can't be undone in a few Nairaland posts. But sir, you and many of you here know next to nothing about the Book you have been defending and quoting all your life. Believe me on this.

I have read the Bible and I put it to you that you don't understand what it contains. To let you know that you don't understand a smidget of it. The Jews read the same Genesis to Malachi with you, but do you see any similarities between you and the Jews?

When you are ready to be like a child and relearn your faith, holler with a mention.

We can start from Genesis.
Where is it written that one has to be exactly as the Jews are to know God? undecided

The same you wey dey claim say Allah abandoned the Jews expect others to be as the Jews are, you serious so? undecided

Where in Genesis is your Allah the same as the Adonai, please go ahead and show us as the records in both books clearly reveal them as two forces against each other.... only one in denial would pretend them to be one and same ...unless of course, you suppose the Supreme one a celestial case of dissociative identity disorder in which case you believe instead that we are all fk-ed. undecided
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by cornelboy(f): 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Baba this things no hard na.

Angels are spirit beings or physical beings?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2022
cornelboy:

Angels are spirits
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
cornelboy:

He's one of them: the disguised atheists! smiley

They only argue with everyone including their religious leaders so that even though they are worshiping in the same place their line of thought often contradicts one another and by the end of the day they want to conclude that nobody has absolute TRUTH which means they can't be taught what doesn't go down well with their liken but when it comes to contributions and worship it's OK by them.
The only reason why most of them protests today is the extravagant lifestyles of their so called MOG made possible by their payment of tithe.
So whenever they find JWs they want us to agree that we are on the same page with them but then we will tell them frankly
"if you're not obedient to the Governing Body you can't possibly be a worshiper of our own God!" wink

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by cornelboy(f): 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Angels are spirits
Okay.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
cornelboy:

Okay.

So what your question have to do with Jesus's body?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by cornelboy(f): 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

So what your question have to do with Jesus's body?
What do you think about the topic?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by delkuf(m): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is what most religionists claiming Christians failed to understand, Jesus paid for mankind's sin as man but he resurrected as a spirit being, his human body is the sacrifice not his prehuman existence which must continue after his earthly mission! smiley
Who told you the Lord Jesus Christ resurrected as a Spirit. I don't know you guys interpret the bible. The Lord Jesus Christ resurrected in flesh and blood. He show himself to his disciples and many other people. Stop misinforming others

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by delkuf(m): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
englishmart:
He resurrected as a spirit being. We just easily make up points when we can't prove logically.
Don't mind him. The Lord Jesus Christ resurrected as a human being not as a spirit being. If the Lord Jesus Christ had resurrected as a spirit that means his death on the cross will be in vain. For the death of the Lord Jesus Christ to be completed, he had to ressurect for all to see. He had to show us that he has power over death. The death of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross, didn't stopped on the cross. He had to overcome death. The Lord Jesus Christ is the way, truth and Life.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by LordReed(m): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Op your thinking is right. I mean what is the meaning of Sacrifice? If you lay down your life knowing fully well that you can take it back, where does sacrifice come in?

If I have God's assurance that I will rise up three days later if should lay down my life for Mankind sins, I will gladly do so without crying and wailing and also sweating blood.

LoLz! You hit the nail on the head. All these people forming faith in the god but not one has decided to risk his life to go and preach in Sambisa. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:45am On Oct 19, 2022
delkuf:
Who told you the Lord Jesus Christ resurrected as a Spirit. I don't know you guys interpret the bible. The Lord Jesus Christ resurrected in flesh and blood. He show himself to his disciples and many other people. Stop misinforming others

The flesh and blood that he used as sacrifice to pay for sin shey?
Why are you people so daft?
How can a living human with flesh and blood walk up to another human and ask you to stick your finger into the hole in his palm where he was nailed to the stake yet the scriptures say his body was corrupted at death but raise without corruption? 1Corinthians 15:42
Or do you think Jesus sinned to make his body corrupt at death?
Well what all his followers saw was a materialized body to make himself visible to them just as angels do put on materialized bodies in the past to become visible to humans.
Jesus was raised as a spirit being! 1Corinthians 15:45 smiley
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by delkuf(m): 6:37am On Oct 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The flesh and blood that he used as sacrifice to pay for sin shey?
Why are you people so daft?
How can a living human with flesh and blood walk up to another human and ask you to stick your finger into the hole in his palm where he was nailed to the stake yet the scriptures say his body was corrupted at death but raise without corruption? 1Corinthians 15:42
Or do you think Jesus sinned to make his body corrupt at death?
Well what all his followers saw was a materialized body to make himself visible to them just as angels do put on materialized bodies in the past to become visible to humans.
Jesus was raised as a spirit being! 1Corinthians 15:45 smiley
How was the Lord Jesus Christ given birth to without his mother Mary having sex with any man?. So you are the one that gave the Lord Jesus Christ a materialize body. So according to you, the Lord Jesus Christ had a body that can make disciples see him even though he is a spirit
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32am On Oct 19, 2022
delkuf:

How was the Lord Jesus Christ given birth to without his mother Mary having sex with any man?. So you are the one that gave the Lord Jesus Christ a materialize body. So according to you, the Lord Jesus Christ had a body that can make disciples see him even though he is a spirit

That body is not the flesh and blood sacrificed for sin!

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by delkuf(m): 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That body is not the flesh and blood sacrificed for sin!

You are more confused than I thought
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
delkuf:
You are more confused than I thought

Well that's exactly what i concluded about you too! wink

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where is it written that one has to be exactly as the Jews are to know God? undecided

The same you wey dey claim say Allah abandoned the Jews expect others to be as the Jews are, you serious so? undecided

Where in Genesis is your Allah the same as the Adonai, please go ahead and show us as the records in both books clearly reveal them as two forces against each other.... only one in denial would pretend them to be one and same ...unless of course, you suppose the Supreme one a celestial case of dissociative identity disorder in which case you believe instead that we are all fk-ed. undecided

Baba, I would love to engage you. Truly I do. You do have a basic understanding of the scriptures but I feel you tend to dwell on the Letters while neglecting the sense in them.

As for Allah and Adonai, Lol. The Jews adopted Adonai in respect to God simy because it is forbidden for them ( Says the Learned) to vocalize the name of God. So, they devise many Euphemisms/Nickname to address God without running foul of the burden their Learned Men heaped on them

Adonai, Heavens, Haschem, are so of the names they devised to call God. And in this, the name of God was lost among them thru the Generations. The closest you get to God's name in the Hebrew Bible is Yahuwa Elohim. Which simply means " Oh He, Eloha/Elohim"

You remember when your Jesus was on the cross? Was he shouting for Adonai? Haschem? He was calling on Eloi, Eloi.....
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 11:40pm On Oct 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES organization is the one and only group practicing what Jesus taught in the Bible!
Jesus talked about the FRUIT expected of pure worship {Matthew 7:16-18} as fully explained in the Bible by two prophets {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} which will help all worshipers of God to speak in harmony as in PEACE! Zephaniah 3:9

So even when 100,000 different sects including yours are claiming they believe in God with different books and theories i have found the one and only group producing what we're all expecting from the true believers in God among JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! wink

Straight from the mouth of Nairaland chief Babbler.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lukuluku69:
1. Baba, I would love to engage you. Truly I do. You do have a basic understanding of the scriptures but I feel you tend to dwell on the Letters while neglecting the sense in them.

2. As for Allah and Adonai, Lol. The Jews adopted Adonai in respect to God simy because it is forbidden for them ( Says the Learned) to vocalize the name of God. So, they devise many Euphemisms/Nickname to address God without running foul of the burden their Learned Men heaped on them Adonai, Heavens, Haschem, are so of the names they devised to call God. And in this, the name of God was lost among them thru the Generations. The closest you get to God's name in the Hebrew Bible is Yahuwa Elohim. Which simply means " Oh He, Eloha/Elohim" You remember when your Jesus was on the cross? Was he shouting for Adonai? Haschem? He was calling on Eloi, Eloi.....
1. So now you would rather I not dwell on that which is in fact written but in the bullsheet concocted of that which is written in your mind... kind of like exact same you accuse Christians, and even Paul of doing? undecided

2. All the names used to reference God throughout all of scripture are obviously all titles - none of them His actual name. The point here is that Adonai(title) of scriptures and Allah cannot be one and the same deity. So can't you please stop trying to deviate from the point abeg! undecided

You threw out a challenge and I accept, so let's not waste any more time on the frivolous abeg! undecided
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:02am On Oct 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So now you would rather I not dwell on that which is in fact written but in the bullsheet concocted of that which is written in your mind... kind of like exact same you accuse Christians, and even Paul of doing? undecided

2. All the names used to reference God throughout all of scripture are obviously all titles - none of them His actual name. The point here is that Adonai(title) of scriptures and Allah cannot be one and the same deity. So can't you please stop trying to deviate from the point abeg! undecided

1. ?

2. ??

So, what is God's real name according to your knowledge of the Bible?

Let us start from there.

You threw out a challenge and I accept, so let's not waste any more time on the frivolous abeg! undecided
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? by Kobojunkie: 12:04am On Oct 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:
So, what is God's real name according to your knowledge of the Bible?
Here's a better question... .why does He need a real name? He is God, He is one and there is no other... so what is the use of Him having a real name? undecided

We name the winds, stars, planets, plants, men, places, etc. because there is more than one of each kind....Why does God, the supreme being, need a name? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have An Addiction. Please Help!!!!! / New Rule For 2014 / Evolution Of The Eye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.