Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,706 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Lamentations Of A Nigerian Youth. Leaders Of Tomorrow?..a Ruse!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamentations Of A Nigerian Youth. Leaders Of Tomorrow?..a Ruse!! (134 Views)

Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse / Trumps White House Will Consider PDP Youth Leaders Petition - US Embassy / Atiku Abubakar Receives PDP Youth Leaders In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lamentations Of A Nigerian Youth. Leaders Of Tomorrow?..a Ruse!! by Izuogu4Presdent: 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
In 1999, I was 6 years old. Dr. Sam Egwu was the Executive governor of my state. I was in primary one then.

His face was on all the exercise books we used. We were taught that we were leaders of tomorrow.

When I was in secondary school he was a Minister of Education.

From the time between secondary school and university, he's a senator. He is still a senator. He's going back to 2023 as a senator. Then I will be 30 years old.

The question is: when will my tomorrow start since these old men don't want to retire?

In the same 1999, I learnt about General Buhari. He ruled Nigeria between 31st December1983- 27th August 1985 as a military head of state.

I was 22 years old when he became a president in 2015. It means that my 8 years of what should have been my most vibrant years were wasted under the administration.

He will be done in 2023, by that time I will be 30.

Then I see youths who don't believe in their own future, fighting, maiming to push these old men to power, to continue while they wallow in abject penury and retrogression.

Who are the leaders of tomorrow?

The same old men. The same circle.

I was never interested in politics until Peter Obi showed up. If you are a Nigerian youth, and you don't think about your own present, future and that of your born and unborn children, you have yourself to blame.

I paused.

© Maazị Ogbonnaya Okoro.
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian Youth. Leaders Of Tomorrow?..a Ruse!! by TinubuThief: 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2022
If we miss this chance, just find a way and leave this country
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian Youth. Leaders Of Tomorrow?..a Ruse!! by Izuogu4Presdent: 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2022
TinubuThief:
If we miss this chance, just find a way and leave this country

As simple as that!

(1) (Reply)

#the Development We Seek / Who Is The Best Among The Worst? / Police Fire Tear Gas At Lekki Toll-gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.