Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) (56599 Views)

See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / The 200 Naira Suya Meat I Bought today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / List Of Items I Just Purchased With N800 Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Nyamuri: 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7401666/dear-north-why-should-vote
9jii:

Where did they said 'everything '? Kai!
To read e easy but understanding na rocket science
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by udede(m): 12:33am On Oct 26, 2022
I fear for the quantity of pepper that you used, then i remembered where you are from.
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by NessFortunate: 12:52am On Oct 26, 2022
eazyduzit:
Food stuffs are very cheap in the North,I went to the Market yester evening and bought Pork meat of #500 to prepare my Sunday stew,I was awesomely surprised the amount of meat given to me,I bought tomatoes #200 from a Fulani woman and pepper #100 on Friday.Infact I prepared a sumptuous pot of stew with #1100 for my Sunday rice.
North and cheap food stuff be like Barcelona and Real Madrid.

wow hearing this gives hope to we in the South. If security can be improve on, herders and farmers clash resolved. I strongly food stuffs would be "cheap" as for your word play.
barca and real madrid doesn't denote or conote 5&6.

North and cheap food be like Ramos and Pique (5&6)... Think this better. *winks

1 Like

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by LOVEGINO(m): 2:22am On Oct 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

All food items?
If that is so, why does op keep buying and showing up mostly peppers?

Op @ManirBk, when next you go to the market, buy some plantains, then come and tell us how much you bought them.
I challenge you.
Abi na only tomatoes, peppers and onions una dey chop for Kebbi state?

Are you totally sure about that?
I will show u the plantain I bought for 1k
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Creamypie(m): 3:22am On Oct 26, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

Stop lying meat is not that cheap in the North, and again, yam is expensive here.

When we say North, we mean NW, not your NE. Taraba and Benue don't even like identifying as Northerners.

Food costs next to nothing in Benue and Taraba, yet there are hungry people there
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Creamypie(m): 3:23am On Oct 26, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

Stop lying meat is not that cheap in the North, and again, yam is expensive here.

When we say North, we mean NW, not your NE. Taraba and Benue don't even like identifying as Northerners.

Food costs next to nothing in Benue and Taraba, yet there are hungry people there
dont quote me again. I chats this kind of nonsense. If u haven't visited a place, take back seat when those who have been there explain it. Over sabi. For Katsina ala in benue and takum, Taraba wey I dey visit regularly
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by luizpippo(m): 3:56am On Oct 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

All food items?
If that is so, why does op keep buying and showing up mostly peppers?

Op @ManirBk, when next you go to the market, buy some plantains, then come and tell us how much you bought them.
I challenge you.
Abi na only tomatoes, peppers and onions una dey chop for Kebbi state?

Are you totally sure about that?

Plaintain or pineapples grin

E go beg to relocate to Benin grin
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by yusluvad(m): 4:31am On Oct 26, 2022
Corridon:
Quite cheap.
Honestly...
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by gammarays1: 4:48am On Oct 26, 2022
jojothaiv:

Not everything but most thing particularly food items indigenous to the north are quite cheap.

There places in the north you can comfortably eat three square meals with less than a thousand naira a day.

Breakfast: Koko and Kosai (Pap and Beans Cake) N250/300
Lunch: A plate of local rice and two meat : 250/300
Dinner: Coucous and two meat: N250/300
Side attraction: Kunu or pure water: N50/100.

There are places in the north specifically Aliero where a bag of pure water is sold for N60 till date. During my service year, na around N3500-4000 we dey buy full goat slaughter
Are you really serious about this?
Current inflation might have changed a lot
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by aalangel(f): 4:50am On Oct 26, 2022
Wow!!!

1 Like

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by DWJOBScom(m): 5:27am On Oct 26, 2022
Corridon:
I don stay for north before so I understand you wella. Things are expensive down south. Chai

It's just cost of transportation that's makes it expensive outside the North
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by brainhgeek(m): 5:55am On Oct 26, 2022
OP, I hope you know that this is not beef but donkey or camel...or horse
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 6:00am On Oct 26, 2022
ManirBK:
I just went to Kara market today in Birnin Kebbi and purchased some items.
Meat 9Slices @300
Tomato @100
Peppers @100
Onion @100
Lettuce @50

TOTAL 650 Naira and my wife prepared a good dish for me.
(Rice, Beef stew and Salad)
Try buying that in the south and see yet they keep calling north names
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Teymanhenry(f): 6:03am On Oct 26, 2022
Creamypie:
Naim be say u never go north. Everything for this pic is even costlier than expected. A painter of tomato in Taraba isn't more than 300 naira.....yes Yam tuber of 700 down south isn't more than 180. That meat in d pic should be at most 200. In fact in Taraba and Benue, anything food costs about next to nothing

Lies from the pit of hell... Makurdi an capital of Benue state o
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Teymanhenry(f): 6:05am On Oct 26, 2022
Corridon:
I don stay for north before so I understand you wella. Things are expensive down south. Chai
They are but the vegetables are this cheap cos it's their season. There was a time when you buy 3 pieces of tomatoes for N200. Everything get him own season. Food could be generally cheaper in the North, but more opportunities for making money is in the south
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Creamypie(m): 6:27am On Oct 26, 2022
Teymanhenry:

Lies from the pit of hell... Makurdi an capital of Benue state o
just go and buy food items from there sir. Am more conversant with Katsina ala, wukari and takum
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Yandrozy(m): 6:36am On Oct 26, 2022
Creamypie:
Naim be say u never go north. Everything for this pic is even costlier than expected. A painter of tomato in Taraba isn't more than 300 naira.....yes Yam tuber of 700 down south isn't more than 180. That meat in d pic should be at most 200. In fact in Taraba and Benue, anything food costs about next to nothing

Sorry ooo, Which taraba state �
Is it the one I am serving at presently �
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Creamypie(m): 6:37am On Oct 26, 2022
Yandrozy:

Sorry ooo, Which taraba state �
Is it the one I am serving at presently �
yes. I served in takum
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Yandrozy(m): 6:45am On Oct 26, 2022
chinonyinye:

Painter of tomatoes, #200? In which Taraba. Currently a small bowl of tomatoes is #200 o here in Wukari, Taraba

yo...
I am presently in Wukari (Taraba state) and I am not finding prices of things funny at all or are you guys buy your stuff in an anonymous market �

Because I only know of two market (new market and old market) and things are fucking expensive there and also lots of fake shit�

Someone should help out

1 Like

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Yandrozy(m): 6:47am On Oct 26, 2022
Creamypie:
yes. I served in takum

Nahhh bro things are fucking expensive...and I can't wait to leave this shithole

1 Like

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Yandrozy(m): 6:55am On Oct 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

People assume everything is cheap up north.
I strongly doubt that is the case.

I am with you bro....100 percent with you

I was once scammed by the word "Things are cheaper in the northern side of Nigeria" I'm in the north now and all I can tell you is only yam is cheaper here in Taraba state because we are in the season of yam but other things are costlier than gold.

3 Likes

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 7:21am On Oct 26, 2022
Yandrozy:

I am with you bro....100 percent with you

I was once scammed by the word "Things are cheaper in the northern side of Nigeria" I'm in the north now and all I can tell you is only yam is cheaper here in Taraba state because we are in the season of yam but other things are costlier than gold.

Hahahahaha

Thank you for confirming it.
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 7:22am On Oct 26, 2022
LOVEGINO:
I will show u the plantain I bought for 1k

In the north? I cannot wait to see it.
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Gkemz: 7:48am On Oct 26, 2022
This post was either copied from a 2014 post or the op is a liar.
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by toyinhope: 7:50am On Oct 26, 2022
South west,i have not understand why we need to rely on north to produce for us to eat. What is the problem gan gan?
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Creamypie(m): 7:57am On Oct 26, 2022
alatbaba1:

Never been to Taraba but Benue, things are now expensive especially Makurdi town. The fruit basket of the nation don enter mud
cos of insecurity of recent. But in areas like zaki Biam, otukpo them food cheap die
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:13am On Oct 26, 2022
Ok12345:
I think I will also take pictures of food stuff whenever I go to the market and post them.

I got some tomatoes at 900 naira and plenty pepper at 500 naira...infact I had to freeze the remaining after cooking.

I stay at the mainland in lagos tho.
oyingbo market has cheap product if you are close but once it get to constain ,the price become exorbitant
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2022
Starz825:
One thing I also noticed about our country is...
Geographically our economy is different....

The value of the Nigerian naira is different in different states.....

op spent 650 naira to buy those consumables....in the north

And somebody in Lagos will have to lash out 4k buying the same consumables in the same country....

Why. Because...the consumables are produced locally in the north where the op stays...they are much in quantity....the prices of goods will reduce drastically meaning in some part of the country...there is no inflation on consumable goods....

People in Lagos , portharcourt and other mega cities will be crying of inflation....
People up north and some southern states will be enjoying life eating the way they want... even though they won't be making as much money as the people in the city ..they will at least be feeding well grin

The more you make , the higher you pay
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by kelvin1191(m): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2022
Creamypie:

Remove benue from this list please.

2 Likes

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Ok12345(f): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

oyingbo market afford cheap product if you are close but once it get to constain ,the price become exorbitant

Yes,you are right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Chicken My Friend Got For 8k. ( Pics Ins.) / Snake Foodie / The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.