Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) (56629 Views)

See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / The 200 Naira Suya Meat I Bought today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / List Of Items I Just Purchased With N800 Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:43am On Oct 26, 2022
ManirBK:
I just went to Kara market today in Birnin Kebbi and purchased some items.
Meat 9Slices @300
Tomato @100
Peppers @100
Onion @100
Lettuce @50

TOTAL 650 Naira and my wife prepared a good dish for me.
(Rice, Beef stew and Salad)

I don see state to relocate to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by esiri4jesu(m): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2022
ManirBK:
Meat 9Slices @300
Tomato @100
Peppers @100
Onion @100
Lettuce @50

Hmmmm. Here in Benin City, that meat is 1000 minimum, tomato is 800, pepper is 500 and Onion should be 300.
Looking at the cost of transportation(bad roads, bribing of security personnel) and market levies, are the reason for the high cost of food stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by cokeryusuf09(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2022
Ok12345:

Yes,you are right
But that place is becoming scary due to fight
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by jojothaiv(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2022
gammarays1:

Are you really serious about this?
Current inflation might have changed a lot
I'm not joking.

Minus the insecurity, the north would have been a better place (though social life is lacking in some part though)
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by ManirBK: 9:47am On Oct 26, 2022
SanctifiedSista:

I don see state to relocate to
check this one and see again https://www.nairaland.com/7398898/see-local-rice-got-680
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by eazyduzit: 9:52am On Oct 26, 2022
NessFortunate:

wow hearing this gives hope to we in the South. If security can be improve on, herders and farmers clash resolved. I strongly food stuffs would be "cheap" as for your word play.
barca and real madrid doesn't denote or conote 5&6.

North and cheap food be like Ramos and Pique (5&6)... Think this better. *winks

Barca and Real Madrid denote 5 & 6 because they're bitter rivals till eternity while Ramos & Pique are just two defenders playing partly in their national team and importantly,the day I made that post was the day the first Elclassico of the season was played.

1 Like

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by ManirBK: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2022
jojothaiv:

Not everything but most thing particularly food items indigenous to the north are quite cheap.

There places in the north you can comfortably eat three square meals with less than a thousand naira a day.

Breakfast: Koko and Kosai (Pap and Beans Cake) N250/300
Lunch: A plate of local rice and two meat : 250/300
Dinner: Coucous and two meat: N250/300
Side attraction: Kunu or pure water: N50/100.

There are places in the north specifically Aliero where a bag of pure water is sold for N60 till date. During my service year, na around N3500-4000 we dey buy full goat slaughter
true talk bro in Birnin Kebbi bag of pure water is 80 naira but some are selling at 100

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by RussellRutherfo: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2022
ManirBK:
Continuation

Splendid!
That you have uncooked sliced onions and other vegetables to eat your rice with. This is how people should eat their rice with. Not just eat the white rice chaff alone.
Nice one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by ManirBK: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2022
Dasparrow7:
@Post

The food stuffs were very cheap and your wife did an excellent job preparing the food. The food looks good. I bet it tasted good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB0vce6ICJk
thank you for that compliment you can check this again https://www.nairaland.com/7398898/see-local-rice-got-680
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by andyblinks05: 10:18am On Oct 26, 2022
ManirBK:
I finished with the plate bro. sorry lalasticlala this is not your favourite meal

Where is Kara market I only know of sabon kasuwa bye pass
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by soptimist(m): 10:38am On Oct 26, 2022
eazyduzit:
Food stuffs are very cheap in the North,I went to the Market yester evening and bought Pork meat of #500 to prepare my Sunday stew,I was awesomely surprised the amount of meat given to me,I bought tomatoes #200 from a Fulani woman and pepper #100 on Friday.Infact I prepared a sumptuous pot of stew with #1100 for my Sunday rice.
North and cheap food stuff be like Barcelona and Real Madrid.

You're too wicked, which one is North and cheap food stuff be like Barcelona and Real madrid ���
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
NLaob:

You're sick.

No, I'm not.
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
NLaob:

The way and manner you spoke about the north in a condescending manner.

It was in no way condescending. Just bluntly honest.
If I say I can't live in the north, the reason is not farfetched.
It is not my fault that you can't handle the truth.

You're not better than those living there.

You could have just kept quiet.
I am not the cause of your inferiority complex.

And why should I do that?
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Gtovr: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

It was in no way condescending. Just bluntly honest.
If I say I can't live in the north, the reason is not farfetched.
It is not my fault that you can't handle the truth.

I am not the cause of your inferiority complex.

And why should I do that?
You should learn the meaning of inferiority complex and the situations/circumstances where they're applicable.
Not only are you sick, you're also uneducated.
Your comments are just bizarre.
Yes there are security concerns in Nigeria and it's not exclusive to the North.
Your statements reek of bigotry and your paradise (whichever part of Nigeria) you live in is rightly considered a shithole by people with exposure.
I understand your analysis are due to the limitations of your knowledge.
Therefore, it's excusable but your stupidity is not.
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by ManirBK: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Gkemz:
This post was either copied from a 2014 post or the op is a liar.
I'm not lying bro that's the reality and you can also check this one again https://www.nairaland.com/7398898/see-local-rice-got-680
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by ponishah: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
asanausana91:
is there any food that is cheaper in the south?
Rice is 28k in the north while the same rice is almost 40k in the south.

Dont mind my southern bigots filled with incurable hate.
To admit truth they wont, but they are always attacking lai mohamed for twisting truth.

Nothing is very cheap in the south, even the things we produce in south are very expensive in the south.
We are very greedy people in character and blood, southeast and southsouth are the worst.
In southsouth, southeast and southsouth keke riders will never carry you at a discount to short distance, but the northern ridersare always accepting discounts for short distances and even long distances.

We are very greedy people, that is why we cant stay on our own regions, we keep on running to the north, and southwest and african countries.

1 Like

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by ManirBK: 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
andyblinks05:

Where is Kara market I only know of sabon kasuwa bye pass
they are very close. just pass that market Gate along that bye pass to where Yellow police are operating near that filling station named forte oil. the market are at the back of the filling station. the market usually transact in the morning to 12pm.
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by gammarays1: 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
jojothaiv:

I'm not joking.

Minus the insecurity, the north would have been a better place (though social life is lacking in some part though)
Hmmm
Which place is that?
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by AdaSunshine(f): 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2022
[
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by AlphaTaikun: 2:52am On Oct 27, 2022
ManirBK:
Meat 9Slices @300
Tomato @100
Peppers @100
Onion @100
Lettuce @50

1 Like

Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by Teymanhenry(f): 6:42am On Oct 27, 2022
Creamypie:
just go and buy food items from there sir. Am more conversant with Katsina ala, wukari and takum

It depends on what you grow more in that region. E.g Meat is cheaper in the north because of abundance of cows. Rice is cheaper in Ebonyi cos they grow rice
Re: See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) by chudez0147(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2022
feranmi143:
Yo fish, uncook / fried onions embarassed embarassed
DamnNigga
I hate onions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Chicken My Friend Got For 8k. ( Pics Ins.) / Snake Foodie / The Small Barbeque Fish I Bought Last Night For 5 Thousand Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.