Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? (2386 Views)

So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? / Programmers That Knows Golang And Blockchain Technology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Fourpockets: 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Me insecure ke. Me with regards to software I believe I can survive anywhere. When I was freelancing on upwork I bravely took on php and razor c# projects and was able to do them. I know that stuffs like embedded is much more difficult and operating systems but the people doing it don't have two heads and the companies that do such stuff will give you 3 to 6 months to learn them to be productive so I can definitely learn them to work if it ever comes to that but the op is so degenerative as if Nigerians choose easier things. Don't people know the kind of shithole country this is.

I just edited the thread with a screenshot of you admitting otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fourpockets:

Fair enough.
I just think the way you dismissed the op sounded harsh and insecure given that you once admitted c++ programmers are different from mere programmers like you and me

This screenshot is from years ago when I was still on my first job and didn't see the importance of data structures and algorithms both to working as a developer or passing programming interviews. I have long corrected this notion here severally on nairaland and I tell people all the time that even if you have the opportunity to pick up dsa you are better off using java or c++ if you can because it has all the fundamental data structures.

I don't know about now sha but as of when I was job hunting. Knowing how to build WordPress themes, plugins, Shopify themes and all actually gave me an edge and that's how I bagged my first job. I don't know how the market is for those today since I do different things now but then as of 2020 that was hot.

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Alphabyte(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fourpockets:

Fair enough.
I just think the way you dismissed the op sounded harsh and insecure given that you once admitted c++ programmers are different from mere programmers like you and me

Android was built with Linux kernel in C and the system apps java or Kotlin was used.

Window kernel was written in C while the system apps is in C#and C++

computers that have a microcontroller/microprocessor inside that is running a program, also called firmware, on embedded devices.

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Alphabyte(m): 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2022
If a programmer don't know the software and hardware architecture of operating system and Logic it is will be difficulty to build one . There is a GitHub repo of a opensource based os called serenity os written in C++
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Fourpockets: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2022
Alphabyte:

Android was built with Linux kernel in C and the system apps java or Kotlin was used.

Window kernel was written in C while the system apps is in C#and C++

computers that have a microcontroller/microprocessor inside that is running a program, also called firmware, on embedded devices.

I don't get your point
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Mimisboygreat: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
qtguru:

Cuz C++ is responsible for most of other languages we write, how do you think you can write JS on the browser or PHP
Hello bro, pls check your NL mail.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by namikaze: 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
qtguru:

Wrong, anytime low level is used, it means closer to CPU instructions ( MOV, ADD, SUB), Assembly is low level, C++ is still High level
Yes low level means closer to CPU instructions, manually managing memory with pointers is a much lower-level operation than just setting variables.
Just because assembly is closer to the hardware doesn't disqualify C++, atleast imo, together with many other devs online. plain binary by default is lower than assembly but it doesn't disqualify assembly.

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by namikaze: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2022
Deicide:
That's not how it works. If you understand what the definition of A high level language is. Though I get your point.
Like I said it's relative, compared to assembly yes C++ is a high level language, but to python it's not.
Low level can means different things in different contexts, so I get your point.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
namikaze:

Yes low level means closer to CPU instructions, manually managing memory with pointers is a much lower-level operation than just setting variables.
Just because assembly is closer to the hardware doesn't disqualify C++, atleast imo, together with many other devs online. plain binary by default is lower than assembly but it doesn't disqualify assembly.

I agree low-level context can differ, I often consider low-level direct access to the CPU/GPU because of Emulation background.

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2022
But how can it be low-level if it requires a compiler, I see online where it's classified as both, but I struggle with that concept, I agree because I know C++ can call Assembly codes.

@Deicide what do you think ?
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Esiman(m): 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
Newbie like me looking in awe.

2 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Deicide: 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2022
qtguru:
But how can it be low-level if it requires a compiler, I see online where it's classified as both, but I struggle with that concept, I agree because I know C++ can call Assembly codes.

@Deicide what do you think ?
C++ is not a low level language but c++ can be used to write low level code, see there is a difference. The definition of a high level language according to what they thought me in school is a Language that abstract low level concept! and C++ does that using pointers some language goes further by even abstracting pointers, Language like Java.

Low level language are language like Machine Language or Assembly language Those ones are not abstracted cause you dealing with those registers directly. The relationship is one to one.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Deicide: 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
namikaze:

Like I said it's relative, compared to assembly yes C++ is a high level language, but to python it's not.
Low level can means different things in different contexts, so I get your point.
And this your idea is what is causing confusion around the world cause people always interchange the meaning.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
Deicide:
C++ is not a low level language but c++ can be used to write low level code, see there is a difference. The definition of a high level language according to what they thought me in school is a Language that abstract low level concept! and C++ does that using pointers some language goes further by even abstracting pointers, Language like Java.

Low level language are language like Machine Language or Assembly language Those ones are not abstracted cause you dealing with those registers directly. The relationship is one to one.

That's my understanding too from Comp Sci books.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Deicide: 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
qtguru:

That's my understanding too from Comp Sci books.
Back then in 400L Comp science we did a course call concept of programming language, Na watin them teach of for there be that too grin

Though I think what he is trying to say is that compared to other "Higher" level language that stuff had been abstracted a lot that C++ would be considered as Low level.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by iHateFraudsters: 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2022
sqlPAIN:
I barely see any real programmers on this section. majority of the people who call themselves programmers on this section are mostly mere web developers or data analysts. I barely see peeps talk about low level programming languages, or even talk about any other field in tech apart from web development.

sqlPAIN

Wtf will programmers be doing in nairaland when they're busy solving problems?
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by namikaze: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2022
@qtguru
@deicide
I agree according to the standard definition, C++ is high level.
To a bullet a car is slow, but to a human a car is fast, saying C++ is low level is not completely wrong, that's the point I'm pushing.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:59am On Oct 18, 2022
I noticed you registered yesterday, welcome to nairaland! At least , we now have a c++ developer and i believe you work at microsoft. Welcome once more.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by davien(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2022
Nigerians have a gatekeeping mentality for some weird ego trips. C++ is just a low level language, you can even argue it makes you a well rounded programmer as it forces strict typing but then again it's just a tool like any other. People have turned html and css into turing complete languages to control robots. Something they weren't meant for. Choose a tech stack and master, stop fighting battles that aren't there.

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by TheOgaBoss: 2:42am On Oct 19, 2022
truthsayer009:

Lol, he means low-level asin memory management not low-level asper language for beginners. Low level programming is any language in which you handle memory management. Any language where that memory management or garbage collection is done for you, which is now most languages, is considered “high level.”
And why would any programmer decide to handle memory management manually when there are already good, enterprise grade level languages, as a matter of fact no big software company(apple, google, Microsoft) uses such low level languages in their development
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 19, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
And why would any programmer decide to handle memory management manually when there are already good, enterprise grade level languages, as a matter of fact no big software company(apple, google, Microsoft) uses such low level languages in their development

Nice information, you work for apple, google and Microsoft right?
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 6:44am On Oct 19, 2022
TheOgaBoss:

My prob with you NL peeps, is that you don't make research before making comments and misleading people.

Performance is why

4 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by TheOgaBoss: 8:00am On Oct 19, 2022
qtguru:

My prob with you NL peeps, is that you don't make research before making comments and misleading people.

Performance is why
which tech company uses such language?
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by TheOgaBoss: 8:04am On Oct 19, 2022
truthsayer009:

Nice information, you work for apple, google and Microsoft right?
oga the various technologies used by different tech tech firms is pretty public knowledge. Also a cursory glance at their job postings also gives u same information.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 8:35am On Oct 19, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
which tech company uses such language?

Apple/Microsft/Google make use of the most C++ tools we don't even Know, Facebook used C++ to improve PHP (Hack), Apple and Google built a lot of LLVM using C++.

A lot of people do, you should really research before making such. Programming is not all just Js or consuming API, Apple uses Metal for graphics like Vulkan which is also low-level. DirectX is C++ and for Graphics and uses by MS, Google uses a lot of C++ tools, V8 is C++ which allows you write JS on the browser.

Even the person claiming a C++ dev is not better than me, is new to HTML/CSS so

Get rid of egos and learn tools. I do JS, and tons of C++ are better than me, it's fact. We are not the best and that's okay, we keep learning.

5 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 8:36am On Oct 19, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
oga the various technologies used by different tech tech firms is pretty public knowledge. Also a cursory glance at their job postings also gives u same information.

Imagine that's your source.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2022
This section is a joke, no research just opinion and thoughts, move to Reddit, you will learn a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by frankosivue(m): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2022
qtguru:
This section is a joke, no research just opinion and thoughts, move to Reddit, you will learn a lot.
Actually, if one filters the unfruitful contributions, the person gets to learn here too.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2022
frankosivue:
Actually, if one filters the unfruitful contributions, the person gets to learn here too.

Someone mentioned Apple,Microsoft not using C++ for development and that's so outrageous to even say out loud, in Reddit such comments won't fare well, because it's wrong. And the Engineers who work there will correct you sef. Most of the knowledge I've gotten is Reddit. There isn't any discourse here, you have the likes of TasyFriedPussy making a troll of things, sometimes I just marvel, it's like people want to actually catch cruise in this section than actually learn and earn money.

It is what is sha undecided

2 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Sleekcode: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2022
qtguru:

Someone mentioned Apple,Microsoft not using C++ for development and that's so outrageous to even say out loud, in Reddit such comments won't fare well, because it's wrong. And the Engineers who work there will correct you sef. Most of the knowledge I've gotten is Reddit. There isn't any discourse here, you have the likes of TasyFriedPussy making a troll of things, sometimes I just marvel, it's like people want to actually catch cruise in this section than actually learn and earn money.

It is what is sha undecided

See am

Typical African and Nigerian with severe inferiority complex

Small thing you're mentioning Reddit

Why are you commenting here when you can Goto your Reddit and never show face here again.

Because someone's opinion is different from yours you want to use that as a Yardstick to bash this section.

For your information they're more trolls on Reddit than they're on Nl

And if it's me ur referring to as the guy who's new to "HTML/Css" better think twice about that...

I've seen your old post and all your abandoned projects.... speaks volumes about the type of programmer you're.

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by qtguru(m): 10:27am On Oct 19, 2022
Sleekcode:

See am

Typical African and Nigerian with severe inferiority complex

Small thing you're mentioning Reddit

Why are you commenting here when you can Goto your Reddit and never show face here again.

Because someone's opinion is different from yours you want to use that as a Yardstick to bash this section.

For your information they're more trolls on Reddit than they're on Nl

And if it's me ur referring to as the guy who's new to "HTML/CSS" better think twice about that...

I've seen your old post and all your abandoned projects.... speaks volumes about the type of programmer you're.

From your work the website design you did, I came to the conclusion, you might have feelings about it, if you are not that good, one learns it's not a big deal. Do you think I don't have bad projects? My Brother, I have no air about anything. This section is unserious, yes we have serious people, but this section is UNSERIOUS.

3 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Sleekcode: 10:43am On Oct 19, 2022
qtguru:

From your work, I came to the conclusion, you might have feelings about it, if you are not that good, one learns it's not a big deal. Do you think I don't have bad projects? My Brother, I have no air about anything. This section is unserious, yes we have serious people, but this section is UNSERIOUS.

And which work do u think is my work?

Well... u can conclude anything... wanted to type long notes but I realized it's meaningless trying to prove to you if I'm old or new in this field.

At the end of the day that argument won't benefit me in anyway...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

C++ Question / Developer Integrates Interswitch's Webpay With Wordpress Plugin / Should You Study Computer Science To Learn How To Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.