Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? (2396 Views)

So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? / Programmers That Knows Golang And Blockchain Technology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by pixey(m): 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
You don't learn programming to be better than anyone else. You learn programming because you are a problem solver and you want to make the world a easier and better place for all with a huge compensation. Whether it is C++ , Java, Python, Embedded Systems or whatever ,all these becomes useless and a waste of time if you don't use it to solve problems around you.Saying those using C++ are better programmers is just too childish and egoistic to me. My point is any tech stack or technology that makes the world of humanity better is what matters bro.Peace !

2 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Landowner101(m): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
sqlPAIN:
I barely see any real programmers on this section. majority of the people who call themselves programmers on this section are mostly mere web developers or data analysts. I barely see peeps talk about low level programming languages, or even talk about any other field in tech apart from web development.

sqlPAIN
True to an extent, new developers aren't into what will take their time before they start making money from tech, they just dive into something easier to learn and do, like web development, data analyst, etc. It's only the passionate ones(especially those that their main priority is not the money) that will spend years learning a specific low level language and more complex field in tech. So funny that those guys that are mostly passionate about their field aren't mostly on social media (nigerians to be specific). I have peeps like that around my neighborhood that are indoors coding all days and rarely come out, the only days I do see them is only on Saturday morning when they workout.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by TheOgaBoss: 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
qtguru:

Apple/Microsft/Google make use of the most C++ tools we don't even Know, Facebook used C++ to improve PHP (Hack), Apple and Google built a lot of LLVM using C++.

A lot of people do, you should really research before making such. Programming is not all just Js or consuming API, Apple uses Metal for graphics like Vulkan which is also low-level. DirectX is C++ and for Graphics and uses by MS, Google uses a lot of C++ tools, V8 is C++ which allows you write JS on the browser.

Even the person claiming a C++ dev is not better than me, is new to HTML/CSS so

Get rid of egos and learn tools. I do JS, and tons of C++ are better than me, it's fact. We are not the best and that's okay, we keep learning.
c ++ has automatic memory management also.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by pixey(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
Landowner101:

True to an extent, new developers aren't into what will take their time before they start making money from tech, they just dive into something easier to learn and do, like web development, data analyst, etc. It's only the passionate ones(especially those that their main priority is not the money) that will spend years learning a specific low level language and more complex field in tech. So funny that those guys that are mostly passionate about their field aren't mostly on social media (nigerians to be specific). I have peeps like that around my neighborhood that are indoors coding all days and rarely come out, the only days I do see them is only on Saturday morning when they workout.
Web development easy Mehn ! I can really tell that you only came here for cruise and I am not sure you are even a web developer. Just someone who is ignorant and does not even know that he is.

4 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Landowner101(m): 8:58am On Oct 20, 2022
pixey:
Web development easy Mehn ! I can really tell that you only came here for cruise and I am not sure you are even a web developer. Just someone who is ignorant and does not even know that he is.
The summary of what I just posted was that web development has an easier entry level job compare to other complex tech field.
It's just that most of all this ego inflated developers hovering around nairaland will not agree.
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by pixey(m): 9:51am On Oct 20, 2022
Landowner101:

And you think it is easier getting entry-level jobs in web dev.Like I said before you have no idea of web dev and the web dev market.By the way web Dev is not only about creating static websites and using WordPress.

2 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by salvationproject(m): 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2022
This one thinks C++ is one difficult language. I can remember i started my programming journey with C++ and it was so easy to learn compare to me learning js or php. When i learnt c++, everything flowed in but for js and php esp. js, i needed to give up most times and then again, come back.

Also, for ur information, Mr. "real programmer", c++ is a middle level language not low.

2 Likes

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by frank155(m): 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
Deicide:
If that is your definition of low level language in what category would you put Go Lang that get you access to pointers and also have garbage collection?

It's definitely not low level

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Aceed: 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
frank155:

It's definitely not low level

exactly, this is the first place I have seen 'programmers' saying C++ is not low-level, indirectly saying C is also not low-level and even saying Go-lang can be considered low-level because it gives you access to pointers!

All I can say is WOW shocked

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Aceed: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
Sleekcode:

See am

Typical African and Nigerian with severe inferiority complex

Small thing you're mentioning Reddit

Why are you commenting here when you can Goto your Reddit and never show face here again.

Because someone's opinion is different from yours you want to use that as a Yardstick to bash this section.

For your information they're more trolls on Reddit than they're on Nl

And if it's me ur referring to as the guy who's new to "HTML/Css" better think twice about that...

I've seen your old post and all your abandoned projects.... speaks volumes about the type of programmer you're.

Someone said Reddit is actually a better place than Nairaland to get advise on programming & coding-related issues, you shout severe inferiority complex to cover up for your misplaced ego

Saying Reddit is a better place for addressing the issue we have here is not bashing, it is a fact and just because NL is a Nigerian forum and may be dear to us should not call for us to keep fellow Nigerians in ignorance!

Or do you want to tell us that you did not employ the services of the likes of Youtube, Google & Stackoverflow on your programming journey, why did you not tell yourself small thing I am using Google or Youtube, blah blah blah? and keep yourself in ignorance?

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Sleekcode: 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
Aceed:

Someone said Reddit is actually a better place than Nairaland to get advise on programming & coding-related issues, you shout severe inferiority complex to cover up for your misplaced ego

Saying Reddit is a better place for addressing the issue we have here is not bashing, it is a fact and just because NL is a Nigerian forum and may be dear to us should not call for us to keep fellow Nigerians in ignorance!

Or do you want to tell us that you did not employ the services of the likes of Youtube, Google & Stackoverflow on your programming journey, why did you not tell yourself small thing I am using Google or Youtube, blah blah blah? and keep yourself in ignorance?

Read my post very well next time

I never said Nairaland was better than Reddit or Google

What I'm saying is, as bad as people think Nairaland is, it has also helped people especially in getting information you can relate with better because the people passing that information are similar to you than what you get In foreign forums.

It also helps u get better local information and helps you verify legitimate status of particular products or services due to the brutal honest reviews you get from users.

Next time u have a product or service you want to check how legitimate it is... just add "Product name + Nairaland" on your google search and you'll see.

Nairaland have helped a lot of people kickstart their programming journey too.

I have problem with people who use every little opportunity to look down on the section/forum and start comparing it to other websites.

If we keep looking down on the section and directing people to other websites... then the section will never grow since everyone must have then believe it's totally useless.

That's why I said the op should have posted his question on Reddit where he thinks he would have gotten better replies

Instead of posting it on Nairaland and within the first reply he got start casting the forum and raining derogatory comments on those who replied him.

1 Like

Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by TastyFriedPussy: 7:43am On Nov 15, 2022
Sleekcode:
One of those ones who thinks they're the best in the world because they're using C++

C++ is just another programming language which operates with same principles as other programming languages

Wonder why you think you're better than others because ur using c++

At the end of the day, it's your take home pay that matters grin
Lolzzz grin the truth be sey, if you and the guy stood in front of an employer a thousand times, the employer would always pick him over you grin
Re: Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? by Sleekcode: 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Lolzzz grin the truth be sey, if you and the guy stood in front of an employer a thousand times, the employer would always pick him over you grin

angry

All my guys I know doing well don't know C++ or give a _fuck about it.

Stop letting those YouTube videos you're watching keep deceiving u making u think you're special because of C++.

My circle and I view programming languages as a tool

What we focus on more is mastering logic!

If we intend to build a program that C++ or Java is best fit for it, we go ahead and learn those languages... And add it into our toolset

It will be super easy for us because we know how Logic works in programming..

Looping is something all programming languages use.

Since we know this and we know say JavaScript primarily.

What we just have to do is figure out how to type out a loop in C++ or any other new language we are trying to add in our toolset.

Knowing how computers think and how Logic in programing works is the most important.

The rest of it there is just knowing how to setup the language environment and learning syntaxes and variable declarations.

U may not know this now because u don't understand programming

You're just busy feeling special because you're learning archaic C++.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Help With Pointers In C / CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. / So What Does It Mean To Be Self-taught?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.