Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ (29424 Views)

Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration / Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sojisenai(m): 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
ukaface:
oh
Live in carers?
Exactly.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Shikini: 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2022
Terrible
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Nex12: 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2022
Please I need financial help to aid my abroad plan please. You can contact me by 08067070569.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Ijb11: 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2022
Really
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Ajibade123(m): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
I wonder how they get all this figures when they don't even stay in Nigeria
If they do they would know that the people that japa are at least middle earners and are not below poverty rating
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by yinksy0009: 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
It is well. Everyone looking for greener pastures.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by AlphaTaikun: 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
sojisenai:
As you Japa. please remember that if you have an elderly loved one, or a friend who is sick or disabled...and you need a reputable company to provide quality care for them, kindly check my signature for the best caregiving service company around.
@Sukkot... Check.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by jimcaddy(m): 2:12am On Oct 19, 2022
And to think that the Federal government is still borrowing money to fund budget does not make for a good reading. The situation is already hopeless �
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by nicedayontop: 2:56am On Oct 19, 2022
The past and present leaders laid the foundation for this ugly trend since early 70s. It is not a new problem. If u can, japa !!!

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sukkot: 7:14am On Oct 19, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

@Sukkot... Check.
right on soul brother grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sukkot: 7:17am On Oct 19, 2022
Nex12:
Please I need financial help to aid my abroad plan please. You can contact me by 08067070569.
how much you need fool ?

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sukkot: 7:20am On Oct 19, 2022
Hardfacts234:
We warned Yorubas about electing Buhari in 2015 they ignored us. Fast forward to 7yrs after, Yorubas has given Nigerians two suffer-suffer words from their lexicon: JAPA and SAPA.

E come be like say na them suffer pass any other tribe under Buhari.
shikena

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Backpedal: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2022
The article is very spot on

Some have said that the poor cannot migrate

That's true

BUT
Have you thought of how much your life is at risk because you APPEAR to be a "HAVE" in Nigeria?

Having a few millions in the midst of so many who don't have jack breeds hate and envy for you; and your life is at serious risk

The kind of things I have heard poor people say about these Upper Middle class people made me really disgusted to my stomach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Backpedal: 7:32am On Oct 19, 2022
bizzibodi:
Haw d hell did i landed in this shiithole? when there are Canada,US, Switzerland, Australia, Egypt, istrael,Ghana, Madagascar,Mauritius, Botswana even Angola.
Sorry man
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sukkot: 7:34am On Oct 19, 2022
ariesbull:
Bulshit, travelling out of Nigeria will cost an individual up to 2 million, air ticket is upto a million then other cost like Visa etc..it is NEVER POVERTY that is fueling them to leave but the GREEN GRASS SYNDROME...and TOKUNBO Mentality...they assume that it is always better there but life no easy there las las

who no go no go know

with amillion you can start business comfortably and succeed after 2 yrs....BLACKMAN DEY WAN TRAVEL OUT OF NIGERIA GO EUROPE ASIANS ARE TROOPING INTO NIGERIA TO MAKE IT...We no get sense shaaaa

no quote me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sukkot: 7:37am On Oct 19, 2022
MrBroke:
I know things are shitty in nigeria but if you are programmed to suffer, going to heaven won't change anything
oro lo so yi ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sukkot: 7:40am On Oct 19, 2022
TriittNG:

I'm trying to leave Canada and come back home but the govt seized my traveling documents.
Personally for me, my best moments and memories were in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sukkot: 7:44am On Oct 19, 2022
tolumizzy:
How can I get to uk from ojota pls
is a easy something na. get okada to MMA. from there enter plane wey dem write HEATHROW on top am grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sukkot: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2022
Angelfrost:
The exodus of brilliant and sane people out of this nation is something else...

The ones yet to leave are not remaining because of some patriotism or love for their nation, but due to lack of needed funds to facilitate the relocation!

The biggest headache is this overdependence on imported goods which makes the inflation so bad that salaries and wages can't accommodate the rising prices!...

Why would anyone want to live in England or America, if income in Nigeria could afford you a debt-free life of commensurate comfort?!!...

This is why next year election is the most critical in the history of this nation! The next president is inheriting quite the mess from the massive failure of Buhari and APC!

So, he has to be exceptionally brilliant, honest, no-nonsense, and incorruptible! Without these qualities, this nation will be buried for good!
VOTE FOR SOWORE. SHIKENA

2 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by ariesbull: 8:27am On Oct 19, 2022
[center][/center]
Nex12:
who does that...give you money to travel abroad . Na only ur family fot take that risk bro
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Basher8583: 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
ogododo:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/18/rising-poverty-inequality-insecurity-fueling-japa-syndrome/

Really.?... A poor man is able to afford millions to travel out of the country? Really?

Its like your definition of poor is different from mine
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Basher8583: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
[quote author=sukkot post=117685561][/quote]
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Basher8583: 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2022
ariesbull:
Bulshit, travelling out of Nigeria will cost an individual up to 2 million, air ticket is upto a million then other cost like Visa etc..it is NEVER POVERTY that is fueling them to leave but the GREEN GRASS SYNDROME...and TOKUNBO Mentality...they assume that it is always better there but life no easy there las las

who no go no go know

with amillion you can start business comfortably and succeed after 2 yrs....BLACKMAN DEY WAN TRAVEL OUT OF NIGERIA GO EUROPE ASIANS ARE TROOPING INTO NIGERIA TO MAKE IT...We no get sense shaaaa

no quote me

Abeg make I quote you jor as your head over correct die.

U are so on point

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Basher8583: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
AfahaAbia:
I just got my visa to move to Sweden.. It's very serious though. Most of my colleagues (IT department) where I work have all moved abroad. It's that serious.

Who wants to know. Must you make noise about everything. Cant you just leave in silence.
Abi your village people don say you no go make am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fatal Accident In Akwa Ibom, 3 Dead, Others Injured (Disturbing Photos) / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once / 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.