Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ (29421 Views)

Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration / Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Toptechconsult9: 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hmmm this government will go down as one of the worst in Nigeria’s history I’m sure…Anyways welcome to my page,,Business owners I got something for you,The whole world is going global, with 78% of the
total actively running business leveraging on the
power of the Internet to reach a larger customer
base as more importantly, to make more sales.
The truth is this: "Your clients and customers have
gone online, you won't meet them by running
traditional marketing strategies"
The Internet gives you a super power to audit
competitors in your marketplace and meet your right
clients.
Ready to take advantage of digital marketing skills to grow your business? text me on WhatsApp or call 07052995373
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Babalegba(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nigerians and their wuruwuru statistics, so somebody with 138k per annum is now above poverty line even when pure water is 20 naira per satchet. Fact of of the matter is ninety percent of Nigerians are in poverty hence the high level of corruption in the country

3 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sweetkev(m): 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
Honourable1901:
Make them dey go abegii, by the time this country becomes great, they will come back with so many regrets
Nigeria will become great only in your dream grin

2 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Hardfacts234(m): 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
We warned Yorubas about electing Buhari in 2015 they ignored us. Fast forward to 7yrs after, Yorubas has given Nigerians two suffer-suffer words from their lexicon: JAPA and SAPA.

E come be like say na them suffer pass any other tribe under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by GreenCovering: 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
I believe those who opine that a second colonisation is happening right now are right.

The advanced countries demand for skilled workers has made them plant all the necessary tools in the cloud to attract talents from any part of the world into their countries. Once your skillset gets to a certain benchmarked level they come knocking persistently at your door, that is even if you are not applying to join them already. Now couple that to the bad leadership prevalent in Africa and the human capital erosion is a devastating one way affair.

sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by blackboy(m): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
This season Japa is not for the hungry but for those who see and know Buhari and APC dont mean well for Nigeria and Nigerians now and in the years to come. Many who could have done their postgraduate here have gone out to do it not because its cheaper . Many have resigned from good paying jobs and positions just to leave this country all because APC and Buhari have failed woefully.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by AfahaAbia(m): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
8stargeneral:
congratulations..don't look back...oluwa go bless u

Amen. Thank you
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Ray07(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
Angelfrost:
The exodus of brilliant and sane people out of this nation is something else...

The ones yet to leave are not remaining because of some patriotism or love for their nation, but due to lack of needed funds to facilitate the relocation!

The biggest headache is this overdependence on imported goods which makes the inflation so bad that salaries and wages can't accommodate the rising prices!...

Why would anyone want to live in England or America, if income in Nigeria could afford you a debt-free life of commensurate comfort?!!...

This is why next year election is the most critical in the history of this nation! The next president is inheriting quite the mess from the massive failure of Buhari and APC!

So, he has to be exceptionally brilliant, honest, no-nonsense, and incorruptible! Without these qualities, this nation will be buried for good!
may una borrow me money nah my follow Japa too. grin embarassed
The country has been on decline since the evil party took over. I wonder how some people manage to eat daily. E no easy at all Angelfrost
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Doyou2019: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
codeigniter:
Pover tea, the funny things is the process is made in such a way that only the finest leaves, people who can make impacts leaving the clueless and struggling

Largely na the clueless put the country where it is today, voting in corrupt leaders like say na generational curse. Abeg most Nigerians deserve the poverty and all else coming for them o ja re.

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Angelfrost(m): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2022
Ray07:
may una borrow me money nah my follow Japa too. grin embarassed
The country has been on decline since the evil party took over. I wonder how some people manage to eat daily. E no easy at all Angelfrost

Brother, the matter strong o!
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by uche393: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2022
me too must jakpaa. even of Peter Obi wins we might still get a bad presidents and bad government in future. if it's possible Na just to move my blood relations out.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Solohmony: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2022
[quote author=Honourable1901 post=117664750]Make them dey go abegii, by the time this country becomes great, they will come back with so many regrets [/quot

Nobody know when it will be great. It can be in the next 200 years and by that time this generation has already gone.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by MOJ584(m): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
cymbal24:
The reasons are numerous. Is it insecurity, nepotism, injustice, corruption, poverty, name it. Can someone mention one sector, don't say Nollywood, of the Nigerian system that is at global par. Well not everyone can leave, but I'll never stop anyone who wants to leave legally to do so abeg. 2 years here in the UK and life has been way better for me.

One sector of the Economy at Global par?? Hmmm! Nawaaooo!

Is there any sector we can beat our hand in the chest & say we are at least doing well here?? Just mention one!!

And you are talking about being at global par
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Donake: 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
This current poor governance necessitated and provoked the "Japa" syndrome in youths.

ogododo:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/18/rising-poverty-inequality-insecurity-fueling-japa-syndrome/
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by aestake: 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
Honourable1901:
Make them dey go abegii, by the time this country becomes great, they will come back with so many regrets
Hahaha
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Brushstrokes20: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
No thanks to the lifeless animal in human skin and cohorts! undecided undecided
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!

VOTE WISELY COME 2023!
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Emman08: 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nepotism is a major reason. Check am now. The majority of the tribes leaving and those who are comfortable in Nigeria.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by zoedew: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
This statistics mean little or nothing to the largely uninformed, inefficient, ineffective, corrupt and incompetent leaders who run Nigeria! It cuts no ice with them.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Gokoyer1401: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
Sarcasmwink
TriittNG:

I'm trying to leave Canada and come back home but the govt seized my traveling documents.
Personally for me, my best moments and memories were in Nigeria.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Beautiful94: 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
[quote author=TriittNG post=117664786]
I'm trying to leave Canada and come back home but the govt seized my traveling documents.
Personally for me, my best moments and memories were in Nigeria.
[/qu
Omg, i have never seen anybody say this. Hope most people japaing will not regret leaving their good jobs to travel to canda, uk etc
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by ShaqFu: 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
ogododo:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/18/rising-poverty-inequality-insecurity-fueling-japa-syndrome/
If all this stats are correct, then I'll like to ask where those who seemingly live below this poverty line got the money they use to Japa?
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Ray07(m): 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
Angelfrost:

Brother, the matter strong o!
it is well grin
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by hopexter(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2022
libertyfather:
I cant even read, cause I never chop

You’re lacking access to nutritious meals he says grin grin
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by zed7: 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2022
michlins:
zed7 come and read this
I hope you know it's the middle class and rich that are travelling out?

The poor can't even afford transport to the airport. The truth is most people travelling are not travelling just because of the economy, they are going because it's the new trend.

There was also once massive relocation in the 80's where everyone wanted to relocate. If you're old enough you'll know the Andrew commercial on TV then.

Like I said, most of those travelling out already have decent jobs and are able to even pay cash for very expensive schools abroad, something citizens of those nations even take loans to pay for and spend all their life trying to repay.

Forget the japa movement, Nigerians have always been follow follow. Start one trend and everyone jumps on it.

3 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by ukaface(f): 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2022
sojisenai:
As you Japa. please remember that if you have an elderly loved one, or a friend who is sick or disabled...and you need a reputable company to provide quality care for them, kindly check my signature for the best caregiving service company around.
do you run it like a care home?
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by bizzibodi(m): 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
Haw d hell did i landed in this shiithole? when there are Canada,US, Switzerland, Australia, Egypt, istrael,Ghana, Madagascar,Mauritius, Botswana even Angola.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Backpedal: 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
udemzeus:
Japa is an advantage to the Nigerian economy, diaspora remittances are flowing back to the economy.

It's not a bad idea, Europe has an aging population and will experience shortage of workers sooner than later, Africans should fill up these space.

What I recommend organizations and companies in Nigeria to do is create more internship programs and educate new graduates on how their companies work, tools they she and how they operate.

Then should be used to replace the ones who want to leave .

HR should stop negotiation of salaries with people who wants to leave.

We have a high unemployment rate, if people get offer abroad, allow them to and replace them with people who don't have jobs.

We should stop running business like a family affair, no one is loyal to anyone or company.

It doesn't exactly work like that

If HR can negotiate their way out of losing experienced staff

They better do
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Backpedal: 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
ariesbull:
Bulshit, travelling out of Nigeria will cost an individual up to 2 million, air ticket is upto a million then other cost like Visa etc..it is NEVER POVERTY that is fueling them to leave but the GREEN GRASS SYNDROME...and TOKUNBO Mentality...they assume that it is always better there but life no easy there las las

who no go no go know

with amillion you can start business comfortably and succeed after 2 yrs....BLACKMAN DEY WAN TRAVEL OUT OF NIGERIA GO EUROPE ASIANS ARE TROOPING INTO NIGERIA TO MAKE IT...We no get sense shaaaa

no quote me
You don't know what you are talking about
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sojisenai(m): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
ukaface:
do you run it like a care home?
No Ma'am, we send caregivers over to you.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by ukaface(f): 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
sojisenai:

No Ma'am, we send caregivers over to you.
oh
Live in carers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo: Trailer Crushes 2 Kids Of The Same Parents To Death (Graphic Photos) / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once / Fatal Accident In Akwa Ibom, 3 Dead, Others Injured (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.