Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov (33331 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo Tackles El-rufai Over Assassination Of Kaduna LP Woman Leader / Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers / Magu Ordered Arrest Of Complainant To Protect Auwal Umar Caught For Extortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by dre11(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
By Samson Adenekan

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, has tackled the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, for linking him to his arrest in Anambra State years back.

Mr El-Rufai, at an interactive session organised by Arewa Joint Committee in Kaduna on Monday, claimed to have been detained nine years ago in Anambra for 48 hours on the orders of Mr Obi, the then governor of the state.

In 2013, I went to Anambra State as an official of the APC to witness the bye-election for governorship. Your next guest, Peter Obi, as governor, got me arrested and detained for 48 hours in my hotel room,” the Kaduna governor claimed.

Now as a sitting governor, Mr El-Rufai said he has all the security power to deal with the LP candidate but he would not do so because of his northern background.

Mr Obi was also among the dignitaries who spoke at the event.

In his defence, the former Anambra governor described the governor’s comment as a reckless one which should not have been made in the public space.

“What His Excellency, Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai said about me has been brought to my attention. I believe that as we grow older and are saddled with more responsibilities, we are expected to become circumspect in our thinking and avoid recklessness in our speeches and utterances.

“How does the circumstance he referred to relate to bigotry, to warrant such a label?

All I do for people like El-Rufai is to pray for them and encourage them to concentrate on doing those things that will better the lots of Nigerians rather than engage in hate speeches that will divide and destroy the country,” he fired back.

Mr Obi said it was impossible for him at the time to order agents of the State Security Service (SSS) from Abuja to arrest Mr El-Rufai.

The police commissioner that was there then was from Adamawa State, and the AIG was from Nasarawa. The GMD that was planning for that election was from Kano. There’s no way I could have done that.

“My chairman, I never asked anyone to arrest you. As Governor of Anambra State, I have the first APC best policeman in Nigeria, and he is from Kano, so where will I give the order and tell a man who lives in my house every day that I want to deal with his people, and he will say yes?”

“I was in APGA during the elections in 2010 (2013), the ruling party was PDP, how can I instruct the PDP in Abuja to detain anybody, even me as state governor was detained in my own local government,” Mr Obi said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/560186-peter-obi-tackles-el-rufai-says-he-never-ordered-arrest-of-kaduna-gov.html

264 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by silvoclaira: 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2022
The midget

325 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Urheadmaster(m): 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2022
"My chairman, I never asked anyone to arrest you. As Governor of Anambra State, I have the first APC best policeman in Nigeria, and he is from Kano, so where will I give the order and tell a man who lives in my house every day that I want to deal with his people, and he will say yes?”

I still wonder why El Rufia a midget deserved to be replied by the next incoming president of federal republic of Nigeria tongue.

530 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by mandate0b: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
Clear your name

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Princessogaraya(f): 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
Peter obi no mind that short devil

419 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Belteshazzar1: 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
Just what i wanted obi to say..... This man is too innocent.. This is the kind of truth that keeps every mouth.. shut

470 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Racoon(m): 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
The DSS is solely under the command of the sitting president and commander-in-chief. El-Rufai just a green snake and savage snitch.

LeoDeKing:

The DSS is solely under the command of the sitting president and C-in-C.But the military is under the command of a private individual Bola Ahmed Tinubu abi? He then ordered the military to go kill 1million endsars protesters in Lekki shey? Just continue deceiving yourself.
Salewa97:
But the military is under the control of Sanwo-Olu and Tinubu and he ordered the shooting at Lekki?..
pquaver:
E Don reach obi your brain don dey work but e reach endsars na Tinubu order them zo shoot protesters.And u say una smart

See as they are neighing on my mention just to defend Tinubu. Below are links showing the culpability of the Lagos state government and Tinubu that was indicted by the Nigerian army which has not been disputed.

Lagos government invited military to Lekki Toll gate, says Army
https://guardian.ng/news/lagos-government-invited-military-to-lekki-toll-gate-says-army/

#ENDSARS: Ex-Lagos Governor, Tinubu, Justifies Use Of Force On Peaceful Protesters By President Buhari's Government
https://saharareporters.com/2020/10/20/endsars-ex-lagos-governor-tinubu-justifies-use-force-peaceful-protesters-president

390 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by LeoDeKing: 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Racoon:
The DSS is solely under the command of the sitting president and commander-in-chief. El-Rufai just a green snake and savage snitch.
The DSS is solely under the command of the sitting president and C-in-C.

But the military is under the command of a private individual Bola Ahmed Tinubu abi? He then ordered the military to go kill 1million endsars protesters in Lekki shey?

Just continue deceiving yourself.

199 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Philipponzaghi: 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
Peter Obituary is a liar.

171 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Salewa97: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Racoon:

But the military is under the control of Sanwo-Olu and Tinubu and he ordered the shooting at Lekki?

All of you Peter Obituary supporters are just as clueless as your GCE candidate.

Hear this, a governor can ask for a DSS raid from the president and will be granted. Fayose once used DSS in Ekiti against his opponents and we have multiple cases of such act.

189 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by SIawomir: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2022
Salewa97:

But the military is under the control of Sanwo-Olu and Tinubu and he ordered the shooting at Lekki?

All of you Peter Obituary supporters are just as clueless as your GCE candidate.

Hear this, a governor can ask for a DSS raid from the president and will be granted. Fayose once used DSS in Ekiti against his opponents and we have multiple cases of such act.

If you admit that a governor can request permission from the President, then why aren't you blaming the then president too?

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Massiveglory: 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2022
Are you suprised? Elrufai is an evil dangerous cunning short man. One of the men with the highest number of innocent blood on his hands.
This time, they have failed. What will wiped them out is close.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by LegendHero(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
Massiveglory:
Are you suprised? Elrufai is an evil dangerous cunning short man. One of the men with the highest number of innocent blood on his hands.
This time, they have failed. What will wiped them out is close.

Obi is a murderer and a terrorist sympathizer.

The lunatic tyrant massacred countless youth in Awkusu and failed to condemn IPOB terrorists yesterday but instead lied the government created ESN.

Innocent blood is on Obi hands and the soul of the slained Awkusu youth is crying for help.

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Salewa97: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
SIawomir:

If you admit that a govrronor can request permission from the President, then why aren't you blaming the then president too?

And show me where the person you quoted ever said that Sanwo-olu or Tinubu ordered the shootings.

So why did IPOB terrorists want to destroy Tinubu and Sanwoolu family home after the Lekki shooting? Did all of you not put the blame on Tinubu and Sanwo-Olu?

IPOB terrorist went on burning Lagos asset because they said Sanwo-Olu ordered the military but the same terrorists are now saying Obi cannot order DSS.

163 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by jmoore(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hell Rufai na confirm fool na. Believe him at your own peril.

25 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Nightwolf1: 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2022
All I know is, Thîefnubu is going nowhere. He is senile and demented.

270 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Betanaija42moro: 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
“I was in APGA during the elections in 2010 (2013), the ruling party was PDP, how can I instruct the PDP in Abuja to detain anybody, even me as state governor was detained in my own local government,” Mr Obi said.

El-Rufai is just another liar.
Someone that blamed his arrest on PDP led govt years back, is now turning around to blame PO because of politics.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by sofeo(m): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
Alright!
Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by zombieHUNTER: 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
undecided

Who takes the midget of Kaduna serious?..

El rufai will suffer for 600 year's for all actrocity in southern kaduna

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by iiifedimma(f): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
The useless man nw change his fraudulent comments on the midnight to continues to still scam a lot of people here on Nairaland

Please the main reason of still be reporting this criminal and the well known fraudsters here is that he is never tired of scammings people's here, he now use a different tactic and strategies to still be scamming people's here with a video of crying baby with full of fake stories and when he's scams accounts is block he instantly open anothers one, he open account every day to keep scamming people's please just be careful to not fall in to a victims of him with your money again

Please Anthony okeke also known as Faith S. H, also known as confirmed 419 here on Nairaland he is a well known fraudster and criminal., He has been busted on a severals occasions. Don't fall in to any victims of him with your hard earned money please, he is well popular here as the greatest scammer on nairaland please be aware of him alrdy

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by beerfraud: 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
The Chief terrorist

147 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by FalseProphet1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
El rufai is a lying spirit. Know this and know peace.

This I have seen.

20 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by kponkedenge(m): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
El Rufai is a liar and an ethnic bigot, it's no surprise to see his kids take in his footsteps.

He was caught on video saying the order for him to be detained came from Abuja, but because of his hatred not just for Peter Obi, but Igbos generally, he decided to lie to his fellow northerners.

Only a fool takes that man seriously.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by Xemeb(m): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
Urheadmaster:
"My chairman, I never asked anyone to arrest you. As Governor of Anambra State, I have the first APC best policeman in Nigeria, and he is from Kano, so where will I give the order and tell a man who lives in my house every day that I want to deal with his people, and he will say yes?”

I still wonder why El Rufia a midget deserved to be replied by Nigeria incoming president of federal republic of Nigeria tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by newnigerdelta1: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by maestroferddi: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
El Rufai is just petty...

175 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by rainerboy1010: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Seeking relevance

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov by 5iine: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
You think I will believe anything from APC members and supporters

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’m Not Born Again, I Don’t Turn My Cheek For Another Slap – Wike (Video) / Henry Osah: Police Want To Hand Over My Kidnapped Son To Hausa Man- Delta Pastor / BBNaija Season 6 Stars Meet With Governor Sanwo-Olu In Lagos (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.