Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police (10778 Views)

Anxiety In 25 States As Govs, 324 Others Move Against Election Results / US Govt Reacts As Soludo Wins Anambra Election, States Demand For 2023 Poll / President Buhari Approves Review Of Grazing Reserves In 25 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 20, 2022
WHO HAS AN IDEA ABOUT MINTYN DIGITAL BANK??

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Sammy07: 6:58am On Oct 20, 2022
EMXTAN1:
The other 11 or so nko?,

Read
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:59am On Oct 20, 2022
Omo-Agege needs to shift to the left. For a member of a so-called progressive party, he sounds to pro-establishment and Conservative.
The state assemblies never said it's due to inclusion of financial autonomy for LGs that they refused working on the bills. They clearly stated their demands.
Are those demands legitimate and needful at these moments for the states? Very much so!!
If NASS thinks LG autonomy is more important than state policing with the comatose nature of our security presently, if they think streamlining process of removal of presiding officers of state HoAs is frivolous, given the rate at which arbitrary removal of such officers is the norm, mostly in controversial manners, then they can't complain if others think what they consider to be important is not so important.
NASS does not have monopoly of thoughts or supremacy over constitutional amendment. The Constitution made them the starting point but not the all-in-all.
They should stop whining and do what is just and fair.

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by VULCAN(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2022
If PDP was in power, APC would have blamed them for this and claimed that things would have been different if APC was in power at the centre

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Curious345: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2022
MURIC and bandits will not like to hear this

1 Like

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by BluntCrazeMan: 7:05am On Oct 20, 2022
EMXTAN1:
The other 11 or so nko?,
Find time and read the body of the news article.
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by zoedew: 7:07am On Oct 20, 2022
Quite saddening that the Senator cannot see that the Senate is swimming against the tide and headed for the rocks! He does not understand what it means to be a legislator. How can he get the job done?
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by BluntCrazeMan: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2022
azpekuliar:
I look at the conduct of governors like Umahi, Wike, El-Rufai, Sanwo-Olu, Matawalle, Yahaya Bello, Ganduje, Ayade and Uzodinma and categorically say NO to state police! It will end in tears. States can have other powers but that state police, hell NO! Those cowboys will run rough-shod over everybody.
There should be another police-control-agency for the state police, which the police excesses can be reported to.
Again, the State Police should be independent in its actions, in the sense that it's processes of “going into action” should be the same for all individuals and cases..
There should be no preferential treatments.
There should be no fear or favours.
There should be no bias.
And finally, the rule of law should be adhered to the letter...

STATE POLICING COMES WITH GREAT RESPONSIBILITIES AND CAUTION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by stmezico(m): 7:18am On Oct 20, 2022
My take.... State policing is good but must be regulated.. Some governors are tyrants and can use it to witch-hunt their rivals or opponents... The states House of Assembly should be very powerful to checkmate the excesses of the governors when necessary.... The other questions will be between the Federal Police and the State Police which one has the Supreme Power above the other?

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by lukaatamadauda: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2022
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Ralph117: 7:26am On Oct 20, 2022
Nwatachoba1:
WHO HAS AN IDEA ABOUT MINTYN DIGITAL BANK??

It’s a New micro finance bank most of their activities are mobile banking
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Bobbiee: 7:29am On Oct 20, 2022
Wait, so even Ondo state did not support the bill.. Aren't they the ones crying consistently about state police undecided
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 20, 2022
Ralph117:

It’s a New micro finance bank most of their activities are mobile banking

Cause I want to dey save money for there,for my project and I wouldn't touch it for a year,I no wan make them scam me

Hope it's legit?
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by casualobserver: 7:37am On Oct 20, 2022
This is why anyone telling you he will restructure the constitution without any party members is National Assembly or state assembly is lying to you. We have entered one chance in Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Ikukuchi: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2022
There is state courts, forget about individuals.if any state government tries anything with the state police aside security of lives and properties, sue the person.
azpekuliar:
I look at the conduct of governors like Umahi, Wike, El-Rufai, Sanwo-Olu, Matawalle, Yahaya Bello, Ganduje, Ayade and Uzodinma and categorically say NO to state police! It will end in tears. States can have other powers but that state police, hell NO! Those cowboys will run rough-shod over everybody.
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Tinubuadvocate: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2022
That's exactly my thought the states that not control any resources they only waiting for federal allocation before they can pay salaries. Some state still owes workers as we are talking now.

Creating a state police that you will not take care later they start constituting nuisance for the public just like what we are witnessing in Lagos right now.

orikoku:
Very good... The problem is how many states will be able to pay.
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Parachoko: 8:00am On Oct 20, 2022
kerry57:
They won't give us state police to stop the manace of banditry ravaging our land, na Kanu and igboho be there problem.

Our govt is excellent in fighting symptoms of problems and never the root cause. They even fuel the root cause most time for bigotry sake in most cases. Now isn't it all the regions that is facing insecurity in the country?
What's stopping the State House of Assemblies from passing the bills with them? Then ask for another constitution Amendment to be done?

They refuse to perform their responsibility because of just 4 issues that can be looked into in another constitution review.
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by BluntCrazeMan: 8:08am On Oct 20, 2022
stmezico:
My take.... State policing is good but must be regulated.. Some governors are tyrants and can use it to witch-hunt their rivals or opponents... The states House of Assembly should be very powerful to checkmate the excesses of the governors when necessary.... The other questions will be between the Federal Police and the State Police which one has the Supreme Power above the other?
They should have the same powers.
Just that the Federal Police can function in any state. And they get paid from the Federal Pause.
The State Police can only function inside its state.
Anything that crosses to another state, they should either hand it over to the police in that state, or to Federal Police.
If it is a multi-state issue/case, then the states that are involved should work together with themselves and with the federal police...
The laws establishing such police establishments should make all these very clear though
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Skyehigher1: 8:23am On Oct 20, 2022
I urge all our governors to states house of assembly to approve this constitutional amendment if another president get in to ask rock Vila he will do state police please they should let us move on a bit. After all constitutional amendment at once
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by babajero(m): 8:27am On Oct 20, 2022
Nigeria should go back to regional government where every region takes care of itself and watch all the rubbish happening in this country come to an end.
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Akunatakasi(m): 8:38am On Oct 20, 2022
azpekuliar:

Remove wike from the list... The rest will turn to little gods
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Coldie(m): 8:42am On Oct 20, 2022
Rivers state government would never consent to LG autonomy. They know what they are doing, how they are deliberately marginalising some LG in the state they see as a threat
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by obafemiawoga: 8:43am On Oct 20, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80AHGIi_B3k

The Chairman of Osun State Chapter of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council and the state governor-elect, Senator Ademola Adeleke, on Wednesday, said PDP would deliver the state for the party presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, and his running mate in the 2023 election.
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by jehoha696(m): 9:11am On Oct 20, 2022
I think state police will be gud,but will the state government be able to finance them,nd hope the gov'nors,elite nd doz in corridor of power wuldnt hijack dem nd start using dem as tools to fite their opponent.
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by azpekuliar: 9:19am On Oct 20, 2022
Akunatakasi:

Remove wike from the list... The rest will turn to little gods

Na one of the admins for their WhatsApp group be that.
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Welrez(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
orikoku:
Very good... The problem is how many states will be able to pay.
Devolve more finances to states as the Federal Government's burden becomes lighter.
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by James91: 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
It's a done deal! I pray our state Governors don't abuse this and use it against perceived political opponents
That one should not disturb the ordinary Nigerians,if they like, let them kill themselves until no politicians remain,what matters to the citizens is security.

1 Like

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by pacespot(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
We need that state police badly and urgently. I want more southerners to be put in charge of managing their own security.

1 Like

Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Ralph117: 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

Cause I want to dey save money for there,for my project and I wouldn't touch it for a year,I no wan make them scam me

Hope it's legit?

I think so, I’ve not fund my account opened it because of job a requirements I’ve not heard from the company but their head office is @ V.I
Re: Constitution Review: 25 States Demand State-Police by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ralph117:

I think so, I’ve not fund my account opened it because of job a requirements I’ve not heard from the company but their head office is @ V.I

Thanks boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alex Otti Declares 7-Day Fasting, Prayer Ahead Of May 29 Inauguration In Abia / No Amount Of Pressure,intimidation Will Stop Release Of Fresh Looters’ List - FG / How Fake News Hurts Editorial Relationships In Newsrooms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.