Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,224 members, 7,860,437 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) (29445 Views)

Peter Obi To Celebrate Christmas With Kogi IDPs / Sex-For-Food Destroying Girls, Women In North-East IDPs Camps / Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 10:49am On Oct 19, 2022
Alleged Diversion of food items and other Relief materials

In Gadumo IDPs camp, some of the affected flood victims have accused some Government officials in Kogi State of allegedly diverting the food items and other relief materials sent to them to cushion their suffering.

“One of the shocking scenarios is that they came with a video camera and photographers were snapping pictures, making it look as if they were distributing large food stuff to us; meanwhile, nothing of such.

"We discovered that they took this material to share it with their loved ones who are not flood victims. I know God is not asleep. Whatever they are doing now, I strongly believe that they will face the consequences in the future.”

Amen.
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by StrongAlphMale: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

Only igbos will vote that liar and a thief. Obituary is the most useless candidate we have at the moment unfortunately and we can't risk having a terrorist as a president.
He has no single track record, a failure in governance as Anambra state governor. You igbos just because you want to get power by fire by force want to force a criminal on us. Never

We can also never forget how often we are been insulted

You seem pain son.

Son I'm from Edo State and not your regular tribalism bigots y'all do on NL and of course we're going to vote massively for peter Obi over here in Edo State

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by chimeremodlyn: 10:55am On Oct 19, 2022
what to say. we have a sick president running a sick country and wants to make sure that he runs the whole country aground. I cannot even begin to comprehend peoples suffering. It is well with these people. I pray God will make a way. A day of reckoning is coming. Judgement day is coming soon for everyone involved in all these vices. They cant escape it for what goes around comes around
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by KingBosco(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2022
God have mercy
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by CapodeCapouti(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2022
That's why we've always said that when donations are being received or shared, every major civil society organisation, pressure group, religious bodies and the press must have a representative each present.
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by sircatherine45(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

Only igbos will vote that liar and a thief. Obituary is the most useless candidate we have at the moment unfortunately and we can't risk having a terrorist as a president.
He has no single track record, a failure in governance as Anambra state governor. You igbos just because you want to get power by fire by force want to force a criminal on us. Never

Even if you chose to be stupid, try to be sensibly stupid.
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Tinubuwins2023e: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

You seem pain son.

Son I'm from Edo State and not your regular tribalism bigots y'all do on NL and of course we're going to vote massively for peter Obi over here in Edo State

Bigot

Igbo and Edo na same brain dey there head

Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Tinubuwins2023e: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2022
sircatherine45:

Even if you chose to be stupid, try to be sensibly stupid.

Because of your useless Peter Obituary? A failure?
Thief? Criminal? Liar? Come on, that your candidate na bad Market
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Jaycee07(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:
Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice, Garri...

DAILY POST

In a working nation, national humanitarian emergency would have been declared by the president and commander in chief . Trained military personnel like the army corps of engineers, Red Cross volunteers, and other paramilitary unit would have been deployed, trained and tasked on how to provide relief to all affected persons
Nigeria is a failed state. And I wouldn’t be surprised to eventually learn that some huge financial and humanitarian resources have been supplied from international humanitarian organizations and other countries who may be sympathetic to the suffering of common Nigerians. But those aids and money will end up in private coffers. Nigeria is truly a very unique nation. And some people will still queue to vote in these perpetual kleptomaniacs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by sircatherine45(m): 11:05am On Oct 19, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

Because of your useless Peter Obituary? A failure?
Thief? Criminal? Liar? Come on, that your candidate na bad Market

If I ask you to bring proof, you'll start shifting goalposts. We know your lots Na. No be today I begin sabi politics.
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by CheapHomes1: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:
Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice, Garri...

DAILY POST

Yahaya Bello's major concern is dangote

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by CheapHomes1: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2022
chimeremodlyn:
what to say. we have a sick president running a sick country and wants to make sure that he runs the whole country aground. I cannot even begin to comprehend peoples suffering. It is well with these people. I pray God will make a way. A day of reckoning is coming. Judgement day is coming soon for everyone involved in all these vices. They cant escape it for what goes around comes around

And the governors is running after dangote when people are suffering
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2022
Yeye Bello.
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by GloriousGbola: 11:15am On Oct 19, 2022
where are all the useles w@nkers yeye bellow paid to talk shit about Dangote on SM?

you see your most useless gomina
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Elsueno: 11:31am On Oct 19, 2022
I know am evil,...But I have a limit, I WOULD NEVER EVER TAKE AWAY WHAT'S MEANT 4 PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING.....

This is inhumane & extremely attrotious

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2022
Na wa
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 19, 2022
I'm very certain Reproduction of Zombies will still be going on here..
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 19, 2022
Elsueno:
I know am evil,...But I have a limit, I WOULD NEVER EVER TAKE AWAY WHAT'S MEANT 4 PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING.....

This is inhumane & extremely attrotious

Lol you are not a Typical Nigerian..
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by TBadd(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

You will surely die a slow and painful death cos of your tribalistic hatred.
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Bigchristo: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2022
[quote author=Odewaleadesoye post=117689975][/quote]One funny thing here is that if you still give them the chance to vote they will still be voting the same people who make life miserable for them, not only the IDPs, those vying to see PDP and APC into power again share same ideology with this internally displaced people,. The mindset of remaining under your chain when you have ability and resources to free yourself from captive is called modern day slavery.. please you all should emancipate yourselves from mental slavery and vote for competent leaders that will change the condition of living in this country we need a Nigeria that works
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by sharone21(f): 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2022
HIP HOP MIN5
�EXTRA : TRUTH ABOUT THE CONTINUOUS FLOODING IN NIGERIA REVEALED ‼️

In September, the Cameroon authorities reportedly opened over flow spill ways at its Lagdo Dam to relax the pressure on the dam as a result of the rising water contained by it. Due to the release of the water from the Lagdo dam in Cameroon, many Nigerian authorities along the coast of River niger and Benue have been affected by the flood. The flooding which has claimed many lives and properties in Kogi states has also ravanged communities in Benue, Adamawa, Anambra and Nasarewa. The Cameroon agencies say they're aware that they release water through River Benue and it's tributaries thereby overwelming communities that have already been affected by heavy rainfall.

This flooding did not start today. The problem can be tracked back to the 80s when the Nigerian government failed to honour an agreement it had with the Cameroonian government; The Construction of the Lagdo Dam located in Northern Cameroon. This construction started in 1977 and completed in 1982. Cameroon and Nigeria had an agreement to build two dams such that when the water is released from the Cameroonian dam, the Nigerian dam will contain it and prevent it from causing floods. So to stop the effect of possible flooding from the Lagdo dam in Cameroon, the Nigerian government agreed to build a shock absorber dam tagged the Dasin Hausa dam in the Adamawa state. The dancing Hausa dam was supposed to be 2½ the size of the Lagdo dam which was built to supply electricity to the Northern part of Cameroon and allow the irrigation of 15000 hectares of crops downstream. Like the Lagdo dam, the dam project was supposed to generate 300Mega Wats of electricity and irrigate about 150,000 hectars of land in Adamawa, Taraba and Benue states but sadly, since 1982, the Nigerian government is yet to complete the building of the Dasin Hausa dam. As a result, anytime the Cameroonian government released excess water from the Logdo dam, communities in Kongi, Benue and North Eastern states of Nigeria get to suffer the effect.

Note that the Cameroonian and Nigerian government agreed that the Lagdo dam will be opened after every 10years. Think back and you'll you'll realized this same incident occured in 2012, it happened again this year, 2022, some days back and if Nigeria's next presidents do nothing about it, it will happen again in 2032.

�Before you argue, please do your research first.

Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by 3rdavefarms(m): 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
That is the end result of voting for a wrong unless youth like yahyah below ... please what is going to cost them to make sure this people get fed to the brim after all they passed through #Flood

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
Kogi has been plague with bad and senseless leaders right from time

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by DropsMic(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2022
annyplenty:
God have mercy on Nigeria
Continue deceiving yourself
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Treasure17(m): 1:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
We are naturally selfish and wicked as a people. How a government watch it citizens suffer is beyond comprehension. I don't just understand why we can't do the right thing for once.
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by leetylee: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
[/b][b]
[/quote]
[/b]
[b]
[quote author=Iliveforever post=117690307]And their governor is still supporting tinubu to be president so he can continue from where buhari stopped.

Wonderful......
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by Sholayeaminebir(f): 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2022
I can't help but weep for this country. So sad how this people survive.
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by tk003(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
In Kogi, the levels of sheer wickedness of ruling class is presently enormous. Honorable without honour!
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by denny43a: 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2022
Na wa oh.....Na wa oh........
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by spartachico(m): 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
We all should be grateful that covid 19 majorly affected the rich people who traveled back from abroad to Nigeria , if the plan of the western world came to pass half of us in this continent would be dead , just simple flood , the government can’t care and cater for us , what if earthquake come happen nko
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

You seem pain son.

PDP and APC presidential candidates should not expect votes from Edo state. Maybe Oshiomhole, Kakaba and their families may give APC around 5h to 1k votes to justify Tinubu's campaign allocations. grin
Re: Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) by AmuDimpka: 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
APC state

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists And Arrest 3 In An Ambush / Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest / Shehu Sani Reacts As APC Claims Atiku Not A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.