Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,531 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:49 PM

What causes delay in conception? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What causes delay in conception? (14725 Views)

Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. / Fertility And Issues With Conception? Get Your Answers Here. / Causes Of Waist Pain In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What causes delay in conception? by Attention(f): 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2007
Please what causes delay in conception?
Re: What causes delay in conception? by karlken(m): 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2007
Many good gynaecologists in Ph.Ikimalo(prime consultants,Bridge Aba rd),Dr Okpani(Feminar,Rumuomasi),Dr Ugboma(08033130512),ST Catherines(Nkpogu,T/amadi)Etc.See any for your case!
Re: What causes delay in conception? by Attention(f): 9:39am On Aug 22, 2007
ken Thanks.
Re: What causes delay in conception? by MyPeace(f): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2007
@ POSTER

Why not try yahoo Answers. go to trying to concieve section, you will see people who have same exprience and share opinions. l use it for my trying to conceive questions, and l get experienced answers.

l wish u luck.
Re: What causes delay in conception? by Attention(f): 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2007
Mypeace, thanks a lot. How do i get to the yahoo answers? I have read lots of topics on the cause and effects but need some specific solution. thanks. please reply!
Re: What causes delay in conception? by MyPeace(f): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2007
From Yahoo site, on the bars, you will see Yahoo Answers, click it and do the necessary registration.  lf u are using a cybercafe, ask the Attendants they will show you.  lts easy to use.   let me know how it goes.
Re: What causes delay in conception? by Attention(f): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2007
Thanks Mypeace. I'll let you know. But can we talk on email?
Re: What causes delay in conception? by MyPeace(f): 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2007
my addy is ask4angel06@yahoo.com
Re: What causes delay in conception? by MyPeace(f): 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2007
I ASKED THE QUESTION ON YAHOO ANSWERS, THESE ARE THE ASWERS I GOT FROM PEOLE WHO HAVE THE SAME CASE. TRY AND READ IT CAREFUL.

I hate to say it, but the chances are slim.
My wife has had endo for most of her reproductive life.
Two laparoscopies in 10 years, many steroids and drugs and to no avail. We have tried conventionally for over ten years.
Our doctors say our only true chance id IVF and that it will cost over $25K USD with only 50/50 chance of taking hold.
We are both near 40 and we have come to the conclusion that adoption may be our only hope.
I am not trying to bring you down, but we are where you are now and we have had a lot of heart-ache as well.
Endo is a hideous disease that scars a lot of tissues. It is irreversible once the damage is done. Surgeries to clear tubes an such are only good for about 8 mos and the re-scarring takes place.
I am sorry, more and more couples like us are in the world.

Source(s):

childess since 1995

Your dr. can do a laprascopy, that is where they go through your belly button w/ a scope check it all out and then make a small incision just below that and take it all out.

I had this done late June, it has made a world of difference w/ my periods and i have also been trying for two years. My dr. said that should do the trick this is month two of trying and hoping to have good news soon.

My insurance covered most of it but it is pretty pricey. Around $4500.00. This is the only thing to do and it will come back so trying to conceive right away is a must.

My recovery time was no big deal either down about two days and that's all. The only other thing for endometriosis is being on the pill. I'm sure something your not willing to do.

Hi, I too have endometriosis, I would recommend that you start taking Royal Jelly supplements, You can buy it most anywhere, even places like Wal Mart. I was taking it for about 2 months for the other wonderful benefits, within two months I was pregnant, wasn't trying either!! I was also 40 years old , I had no clue this was one of the benefits, but, now, I typed in Royal Jelly and pregnancy, and I am certain this is what caused my eggs to be so fertile!Try it,

have endometriosis. I have had 3 different female doctors tell me that I could never get pregnant. One told me that IVF might work, but since I find it morally objectionable it was out of the question. Another said fertility drugs might work, which I found morally acceptable as long as I carried all babies that I may conceive to term. Finally, I switched to a fourth doctor around the time I got married. I saw her before my wedding and she told me that it may take me 2 or more years to get pregnant. She also suggested using the natural family planning method so that I would know exactly when I was ovulating to maximize my chances. Being that she and I are both practicing Catholics, she also said to pray. Well, I was upset thinking that I would never get pregnant, and my husband and I even talked about adoption. I prayed, went on my honeymoon, and 3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant! Praying was the only step I took. I have three children now and another on the way. They are ages (2,3, and 4) I actually have trouble not getting pregnant (of course I use Natural Family Planning because I am against other forms of birth control and I am a lazy charter!) So I guess what I'm saying is that everyone is different. I firmly believe that praying helped and I was meant to have lots of babies, but to help you practically I would suggest you get a laporoscopy to remove the endometriosis, learn how to do natural family planning (they have courses), and put all your effort into it. Endometriosis will grow back, but you have time to get pregnant before that happens, and once you get pregnant it will ease the endo and help you to have more children. I wish you the best of luck and I will pray for you
Re: What causes delay in conception? by BrownEyes4(f): 1:43am On Aug 28, 2007
@ post

There are some herbals remedies that can help with endometriosis

There is this book called 'Nature Power' written by these Benedictine monks in Ewu, Nigeria

There is a particular formula for endo and ovarian cysts

get 50 leaves of bitter leaf
50 leaves of Ogirisi/Akoko
and 50, leaves of malaina (Hausa name)
pound them in water about 8 bottles sieve then
add 1 bottle of honey
do not refrigerate

drink 1 glass 3 times daily for 2 months

Red raspberry leaves are known for strengthening the uterus and reducing bleeding and horsetail to prevent scarring

Castor oil treatment is a well known remedy for healing the pelvic area

For this you will need a hot water bottle
cold pressed castor oil
a cotton flannel or old t shirt
plastic carrier bag

Soak flannel in castor oil
place on womb area
place plastic bag on top
then place hot water bottle and cover up with a towel
treatment should be for 45 -60mins a day
wash off oil afterwards
and refrigerate the flannel and castor oil
try and do this 4-5 times a week

NB: The flannel should be changed after some time as castor oil can go off and smell rancid
Re: What causes delay in conception? by BrownEyes4(f): 1:47am On Aug 28, 2007
, If you cant wait too long and you can face it then urine therapy is the way to go.
Re: What causes delay in conception? by Attention(f): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2007
Brown-Eyes:

, If you can't wait too long and you can face it then urine therapy is the way to go.

Dear Brown eyes,

Please do tell me more about the urine therapy. How does this work and please did you read this in a book? I'd be waiting for your response.
Re: What causes delay in conception? by BrownEyes4(f): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2007
This website contains various articles on UT

http://naturinologie.info/english.html

I learnt about urine therapy through my father who used it to cure himself of kidney stones and sinus problems. Out of all the male members of his family, he is the only one to have no diagnosis of prostate cancer.

I used to suffer from heavy painful bleeding and irregular cycle due to contraception which played havoc with my hormonal system. I read my father's copy of John Armstrong's Water of Life and started the therapy by drinking mid flow urine every morning. As a result, i have noticed my periods have become lighter and reduced from 8 days to 4 -5 days. The cycle is now 26-28 days.

I bought this book 'your own perfect medicine' from Martha Christy who suffered badly from endometriosis and she cured herself with UT. You can read her story here http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/urine.html

I also suffer from PCOS and i find UT has reduced the symptoms but I still need to fast on urine as i want it out of the way very quickly so I have been preparing to do so. My father has advised me to fast for a whole 2 weeks then after one week another 2 weeks. That takes dedication and will power! He said that i could continue drinking morning mid flow urine but it would take longer up to 6 months or more.

I have also been in touch with an Asian doctor who follows this therapy and he advised that along with UT, i should douche with urine 4 - five times a day. I learnt this is called 'uttara basti' in Ayurvedic medicine.

I strongly recommend you try the castor oil treatment as well as it helps with your ovarian cysts.

The monk that wrote the book 'nature power' strongly recommend urine therapy as they have used it to heal people in their care.

Best thing to do is research and decide what route you what to go. My cousin also has endometriosis and went down the western medical route. No results. Still being injected with hormones, which makes the situation worse and a routine scraping of her womb. I told her about UT but she cant bring herself to do it. Mind you she is not ready to bear children yet.
Re: What causes delay in conception? by Attention(f): 11:18am On Sep 04, 2007
Dear Brown eyes

Thanks a lot. Can we talk on email? I'd be waiting for your reply.
Re: What causes delay in conception? by BrownEyes4(f): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2007
Yes sure we can
Re: What causes delay in conception? by Attention(f): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2007
Hi Brown eyes,

Whats your address, i'd love to write you more personal mails as it regards the suggestions you raised.
Re: What causes delay in conception? by BrownEyes4(f): 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2007
Last time i put my email on here i started receiving those mails from yahoo boys. I will ask Seun if there is a possibility of him emailing my address to you.
Re: What causes delay in conception? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2007
Hi Attention

Seun was nice enough to send you my email address via your admin message inbox
Re: What causes delay in conception? by transis: 8:07am On May 02, 2016
Hello browneyes4,

You mentioned uttar basti. Are there such clinics for ayurvedic medicine in nigeria? Where are they located? Please do help me with the details if you have them. Thanks.

BrownEyes4:
This website contains various articles on UT

http://naturinologie.info/english.html

I learnt about urine therapy through my father who used it to cure himself of kidney stones and sinus problems. Out of all the male members of his family, he is the only one to have no diagnosis of prostate cancer.

I used to suffer from heavy painful bleeding and irregular cycle due to contraception which played havoc with my hormonal system. I read my father's copy of John Armstrong's Water of Life and started the therapy by drinking mid flow urine every morning. As a result, i have noticed my periods have become lighter and reduced from 8 days to 4 -5 days. The cycle is now 26-28 days.

I bought this book 'your own perfect medicine' from Martha Christy who suffered badly from endometriosis and she cured herself with UT. You can read her story here http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/urine.html

I also suffer from PCOS and i find UT has reduced the symptoms but I still need to fast on urine as i want it out of the way very quickly so I have been preparing to do so. My father has advised me to fast for a whole 2 weeks then after one week another 2 weeks. That takes dedication and will power! He said that i could continue drinking morning mid flow urine but it would take longer up to 6 months or more.

I have also been in touch with an Asian doctor who follows this therapy and he advised that along with UT, i should douche with urine 4 - five times a day. I learnt this is called 'uttara basti' in Ayurvedic medicine.

I strongly recommend you try the castor oil treatment as well as it helps with your ovarian cysts.

The monk that wrote the book 'nature power' strongly recommend urine therapy as they have used it to heal people in their care.

Best thing to do is research and decide what route you what to go. My cousin also has endometriosis and went down the western medical route. No results. Still being injected with hormones, which makes the situation worse and a routine scraping of her womb. I told her about UT but she cant bring herself to do it. Mind you she is not ready to bear children yet.

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Fresh Breath / Wonder Of Goron- Tula Fruit On Fertility And All Other Health Benefits. / COVID-19: Ogun State Launches Sample Collection Centre In Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.