Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! (200 Views)

You Don’t Have To Go To University To Succeed In Life - Rishi Sunak / 13 Lessons People Learn Too Late In Life / Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
Today, let's gain inspiration from a Chemist and inventor...

In Year 1980, at age 57, John Bannister Goodenough invented the lithium battery which powers all our smart phones, tablets and laptops - as well as electric cars.

Re: Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
37 years later at age 94, John unveiled a new, ultra-efficient and low cost battery which uses a sodium or lithium coated glass electrolyte. This will dwarf his original invention and make it redundant.

Re: Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2022
The new glass battery will allow electric cars go 3 times the distance and recharge in minutes instead of hours. It's also far safer, as it won't explode and can operate in sub-zero temperatures.

Re: Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2022
The new glass battery will power our future solar powered and electric vehicles, homes and industries.

But John isn't finished yet. In 2019, at age 97 he won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry, laying the record as the oldest person to ever win a Nobel Prize.

Re: Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
And... he still works every day as a Professor at the University of Texas!

Re: Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
Why is John Goodenough still hard at work at an age when many people younger than him are "just waiting to die"?

It because he believes humanity has just a 30 year window to come up with an even more powerful "super battery" to take us entirely off fossil fuels, before the environmental damage we are creating becomes irreversible.

Re: Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
He says, "I want to solve this problem before my chips are in ….. I still have time to go."

So if you ever think it's too late to be successful, just remember John Bannister Goodenough.

This week, tell yourself: "As long as there is life, there is hope... I will achieve my goals!"

Re: Inspiration For The Week: Never Too Late To Succeed! by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
For more inspiration, news, poetry and more, follow this blog:

https://naijaphilia.com/blog

(1) (Reply)

Kid-friendly Language Learning Tools That Focus On Spelling educational Games. / 10 Best Law Universities In South Africa / Scholarship In Netherland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.