Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? (25378 Views)

Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) / Writing Jamb At Age 25. / Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2017
A friend of mine who is 25 years old wants to go to medical school. He is really worried about his age , he is going to graduate at age 33 or so and he is troubled about employment at that age.

Is it too late?

CC: lagusta
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by shege45: 8:47am On Aug 20, 2017
it is never too late to study medicine

64 Likes

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by AtkinsPlanet(m): 8:50am On Aug 20, 2017
Its never too late to do a thing.

Check out my signature.

23 Likes

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by sexy74(m): 9:06am On Aug 20, 2017
As long as he believes in himself no time is late.

12 Likes

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by harsysky(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2017
It is very very very late if only he thinks and believes it is late, otherwise it is not.

30 Likes

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Lagusta(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2017
JESUSBOIY:
A friend of mine who is 25 years old wants to go to medical school. He is really worried about his age , he is going to graduate at age 33 or so and he is troubled about employment at that age.

Is it too late?

Its never too late to study medicine as far as you have the zeal and passion for it.....

Thanks for mentioning

23 Likes

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
JESUSBOIY:

Is it too late?

Not Too Late But Dont Say U Will Graduate At Age 33 Except U Study In A Private Uni, Or Abroad Cux ASUU Can Make U Graduate At 36

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by ogawisdom(m): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
He is going in as mature student (bc most 25 yrs old ve first degree n thro with nysc) n shld not be thinking like kids in their teens in his class. By d time he is ready for employment he shld be closing down on 40 yrs angry angry angry

Not too late if he has passion for medicine but if money n self employment is d motivation then he shld try sth else

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Jman06(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
Your friend is going to train as a medical professional and so, his knowledge and skills would stand him out not really his age.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Alexbrain(m): 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#

1 Like

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lagusta:

Its never too late to study medicine as far as you have the zeal and passion for it.....

Thanks for mentioning
thank you sir, please what about the employment part? Is Age not considered when one is looking for a job as a doctor?
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Lagusta(m): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
JESUSBOIY:
thank you sir, please what about the employment part? Is Age not considered when one is looking for a job as a doctor?

That's one sweet thing about a doctor.....

Its not about the age but about your intelligence and how u applied yourself during your house job and NYSC, then some hospitals would mention post-NYSC experience shaa.....

5 Likes

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lagusta:

Its not about the age but about your intelligence and how u applied yourself during your house job and NYSC, then some hospitals would mention post-NYSC experience shaa.....
bless you sir smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Rursh(m): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lagusta:

Dr na me oh, Dunsin pls message me on whatsapp here. 08037737245
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by greatestboss(m): 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
Don't even bother going to school at all.. Go and learn a trade or something..... Na only God sabi wetin u dey do since all dis year abi u no get parents wey dey expect something.... Your head no gree school.. undecided
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Josephnice: 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
will advice u from own experience. he believes he's overly matured for it now cus he felt he would be feeling too old by the time he clocked 33. take this from me now, when he clocked 33 and didn't follow his passion(medicine) he would definitely regret not doing so. there's no time too late to pursuing one's passion in life so long it gives the fulfillment you desire in life

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by OrdercityWeb: 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by FreshShavedBalls(m): 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
There is an advantage of maturity to studying medicine at that age. It was one of the reasons NUC advocated for medical students to spend 11 years in school i.e 4years basic science course and 7years med school.

Though i do not entirely support the suggestion but there was some sense behind it. One Prof. Chiedu Mafiana of the NUC is quoted as saying

"Increasing the study time is essential to ensure medical students are well prepared for the psychological demands of the game, to enable the students mature psychologically for the profession".

So my friend it is not too late to study medicine at 25.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 21, 2017
FreshShavedBalls:
There is an advantage of maturity to studying medicine at that age. It was one of the reasons NUC advocated for medical students to spend 11 years in school i.e 4years basic science course and 7years med school.

Though i do not entirely support the suggestion but there was some sense behind it. One Prof. Chiedu Mafiana of the NUC is quoted as saying

"Increasing the study time is essential to ensure medical students are well prepared for the psychological demands of the game, to enable the students mature psychologically for the profession".

So my friend it is not too late to study medicine at 25.
prolonging the number of years of training has no advantage and it is absolutely unnecessary.in fact,it will only produce jaded and more angry doctors. I've never met any middle age person doing too well in medical school infact most of them struggle just to pass just like their young colleague.IMO, they are usually too distracted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by rheether(f): 7:00am On Aug 21, 2017
Stop this lies jhoor. At 25,its already very late to study medicine.
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Soljaboi44(m): 7:41am On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Integrityfarms(m): 7:41am On Aug 21, 2017
It's not late. It's all about passion and fulfilment
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by GogetterMD(m): 7:42am On Aug 21, 2017
JESUSBOIY:

Is it too late?

Nope it isn't. I had classmates that were into their late thirties then when I was in school. Na passion matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by teamsynergy: 7:42am On Aug 21, 2017
my dad's friend retired as a school principal, went back to uni to study medicine. today he is a practising doctor....

if ur friend is a gal, she has to put marriage in to consideration. anyways, if she finish and practise, am sure suitors go plenty....

since he is a man, no shaking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Agbaletu: 7:43am On Aug 21, 2017
It is not too late. One of my friends went back to study medicine and surgery at the age of 28 after a BSc. in Microbiology.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by AlexCk: 7:44am On Aug 21, 2017
It's never too late u follow ur dreams.

Its ur life, live it to the fullest.

1 Like

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by sotall(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2017
Absolutely no. No age is too much to pursue your goals in life. Life is not a competition.
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by nemynely(m): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2017
Not late at all. Remain focused and motivated. Good thing about medicine is how your intellectual prowess and sublime practical skills stand you out. Age is given no consideration even @70.
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by softMarket(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2017
In Nigeria, its veryyyy late!!

ASUU just went to strike!

he's gonna graduate at the age of 40
Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by Alusman(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2017
greatestboss:
Don't even bother going to school at all.. Go and learn a trade or something..... Na only God sabi wetin u dey do since all dis year abi u no get parents wey dey expect something.... Your head no gree school.. undecided

You bear 'greatestboss' yet you think this way? I tire o

1 Like

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by jfleece(m): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2017
ogawisdom:
He is going in as mature student (bc most 25 yrs old ve first degree n thro with nysc) n shld not be thinking like kids in their teens in his class. By d time he is ready for employment he shld be closing down on 40 yrs angry angry angry

Not too late if he has passion for medicine but if money n self employment is d motivation then he shld try sth else
Why do u always squeeze ur face each time u wanna comment on a thread?? Next time I wanna see smile on ur face..

1 Like

Re: Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? by PatriotTemidayo: 7:48am On Aug 21, 2017
The question is "IS ANY TIME TOO LATE TO STUDY OR BECOME ANYTHING YOU WANT TO"?

and the answer is, ................................ U know d answer grin

Never!

Just know it'll not be easy and it will require determinations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Bans Assemblies, Overcrowding, Visiting Days As Schools Resume On Monday 18 / Boarding Students Turn Tiktokers (Video) / Wrong Diction And Unnecessary Use Of Preposition In Our Daily Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.