Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders (57538 Views)

Alaba Market Traders Kick Against Plan By Lagos To Demolish Secretariat / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by SmartyPants(m): 10:21am On Oct 20, 2022
DadaHammed:

Pick up that book and read, it chronicles the laws governing the apprenticeship system under customary legal instruments.

You are currently bereft of information on the topic, so you cannot ascribe to yourself the position of an expert on customary laws and culture. You can't be competent enough to push for amendment of a law without knowing the basics of such laws.

Read this slowly if it helps:

It doesnt matter what your customary law says. The validity of any rule of customary law is subject to certain tests. These include a question of whether it is incompatible with existing statutory provisions, and whether it can be held to be repugnant.

Since Nigerian Labour law now provides for apprenticeship, there is no space for customary apprenticeship.

Thia is not a question of reading up on customary texts. You must understand the limited place these rules have in the broader legal system.

Now, i thought this was a good teaching opportunity and answered you though i had promised not to. Take that as an act of kindness and not as an invitation to conversation.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Geofavor(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2022
Odunharry:
Sadly, that's the rule..
It's a slave rule.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Freemasonry: 11:10am On Oct 20, 2022
I'm sure the market union people that prevailed on the boy to part with his money are the same gang of wicked ogas who wear exploitation like a badge of honor.

If na me, nothing on God's green earth will make me share that money. In fact, no one would even know I won it.
I will cash it quietly and lay low. No change in lifestyle or wardrobe.
Only a super being would know through my inner glow. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by DaddyFabooluz(m): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2022
joyandfaith:

What does it mean to be apprentice? Are they slaves? Slaves have no right to own anything. Apprentices have their right intact.

Thanks for clarifying you actually don't know what it means to be an apprentice.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Goldbw122(m): 11:39am On Oct 20, 2022
FullBlastLight:
Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet in Alaba Market, His Boss Orders the Boy To Give Him Half of the Money

https://www.legit.ng/people/1498715-apprentice-wins-n16m-sports-bet-alaba-market-boss-orders-boy-give-money/

SO THE LOSS THAT THE BOY HAVE ENCOUNTER IN THROUGH OUT HIS LIFE, WHO WILL PAY FOR THAT, they always talk about the profit but the loss no one talks about It.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by benjanny(m): 11:42am On Oct 20, 2022
He should share the money
Give Oga 6 mill collect the rest
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by molas02: 11:43am On Oct 20, 2022
Na how much the guy go come give him parent ? Greedy boss
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by SPAMBOX7: 11:46am On Oct 20, 2022
Walai If him see shishi make I bend forever
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Lookingback: 11:49am On Oct 20, 2022
eallstar:

If you play online and won this kind of amount, the company will delete your account before you cash out. You will just see account not exist or account not found next day
Really?
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Cyprian1960: 11:57am On Oct 20, 2022
If I give him 20k make him no collect, him help me play am
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by SamOchuko: 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
DashHaulageltd:
For a lot of people who do not know much about the apprentice system, I’d explain further for you. The boy who serves his oga is actually not allowed by law to have money till he finishes learning his trade and gets settled to start his own. It’s therefore assumed that whatever money the boy used in this situation to play the bet belongs to his boss. His winning should actually entirely go to the boss if he was a selfish man. Asking for equal sharing is valid and no one should feel cheated here.

Pls which law are you referring to?
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by joyandfaith: 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2022
DaddyFabooluz:

Thanks for clarifying you actually don't know what it means to be an apprentice.

Can you pls tell us? Slave master.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Calicoe: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
If you believe this story, you can as well believe that tiwa savage is still a virgin
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by DaddyFabooluz(m): 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
joyandfaith:

Can you pls tell us? Slave master.

There is no need to argue with an empty brain like you. You can say whatever you like, it's your generations that will continue to inherit the empty brain you inherited from your parents.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by joyandfaith: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2022
DaddyFabooluz:

There is no need to argue with an empty brain like you. You can say whatever you like, it's your generations that will continue to inherit the empty brain you inherited from your parents.

There is no need to argue with an empty brain like you. You can say whatever you like, it's your generations that will continue to inherit the empty brain you inherited from your parents. People like you belong to generation of slowpoke.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by joyandfaith: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
Calicoe:
If you believe this story, you can as well believe that tiwa savage is still a virgin

It is only a fool like DaddyFabooluz that would keep defending rubbish.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Prettychild(f): 1:14pm On Oct 20, 2022
immortalcrown:
Court does not use your kind of reasoning to rule cases. Even if someone testifies to have given the boy the money, there are many other things to consider. On which date and what time did the boy play the bet? If the bet was played when the boy was meant to be taking care of the master's shop, the master will either win the whole money or a part of it because the master's business suffered one form of loss or the other when the apprentice left the shop to play the bet.

I am not supporting the master to lay a claim on the money. I am just pointing out how such a case will be treated in a court of law. But it seems many people here do not know how the law opperates. Well, I have just made my point. I don't need to stress myself on this argument because there is no trophy for the winner in this argument.
lol! Let’s not argue this. I have handled a matter like this and judgment was given in my favor
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by apostleoke(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
just giv half of it.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by korm2me(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2022
eallstar:

If you play online and won this kind of amount, the company will delete your account before you cash out. You will just see account not exist or account not found next day
Lies. People gave won 40million online and they withdraw. There is no way they can delete ut account.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by SuperBlack: 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
joyandfaith:

His parents, friends and co could have given him money as well. That was the reason white people colonized us. Slave mentality.

Where was those families and friends before he went for apprenticeship?? Why didn't they give him money to start up betting or business??
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Ikaosunwon(m): 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2022
Someone also won 38M last week on bet9ja

B913RZTESEZZSR-10146170

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Scarcity234: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Lol, I agree he needs to give Oga small change but saying he has to do it because it's the oga's money he used is funny. You think if Oga knew the boy uses his money to play bet9ja he wouldn't have sent him packing But now wey luck don shine on the boy Oga wan dey claim, honestly if I was the boy I won't give him more than 200k.
If he hadn't made this demand, then 200k is good but now that he has, I swear, if I give am shishi, make I bend

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by eallstar: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
korm2me:

Lies. People gave won 40million online and they withdraw. There is no way they can delete ut account.
U better pray not to fall victim, it's real
Google it and clear your doubts
They can't do it at shop because they know u have evidence like tickets and physical shops

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Scarcity234: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
SuperBlack:

Where was those families and friends before he went for apprenticeship?? Why didn't they give him money to start up betting or business??
And who told you they weren't giving him money before he became an apprentice?
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by eallstar: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ikaosunwon:
Someone also won 38M last week on bet9ja

B913RZTESEZZSR-10146170
Edited or from shop

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Figger(m): 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2022
A lot of illiterate comments am reading here, so ridiculous. It's very obvious they are not well informed as regards the legal implication with cases of this nature. To me, the boss is very lenient and reasonable. U can contact a lawyer for clarification.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Mogajunior(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2022
Sheylon:
Apprentice they win 16m and me they hustle to win 2k, this life no just balance.
Stop settling for less man. What you aim is what you win.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Odunharry(m): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
Geofavor:

It's a slave rule.
It's what it is..

Heard its assume that the apprentice isn't suppose to have any money with him or her and they must account fr money in their possession that's the oga didn't give them.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by DaddyFabooluz(m): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2022
joyandfaith:

It is only a fool like DaddyFabooluz that would keep defending rubbish.

If your father is a fool and you inherited foolishness from him, I'm so sorry for your linage. Try and get some sense so that you can save your upcoming generation.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by joyandfaith: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
DaddyFabooluz:

If your father is a fool and you inherited foolishness from him, I'm so sorry for your linage. Try and get some sense so that you can save your upcoming generation.
If your father and mother are foolish and you inherited foolishness from them, I'm so sorry for your linage. You belong to useless generation. Tueh!!!
[
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Caseywilliams(m): 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2022
Freemasonry:
I'm sure the market union people that prevailed on the boy to part with his money are the same gang of wicked ogas who wear exploitation like a badge of honor.

If na me, nothing on God's green earth will make me share that money. In fact, no one would even know I won it.
I will cash it quietly and lay low. No change in lifestyle or wardrobe.
Only a super being would know through my inner glow. grin grin grin

As simple as that... Where you expect people to be smart enough... They go dey mumu
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by kingmsookwagh(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
N200k should be more than enough to organize beating for his boss.
Aswear!
Why did the boss not play the GAME?

Real sport bet players know that, the BoSS is not even entitled to one naira. I seriously don't know where those market people got that stooooooopid theory from...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onyinye Chukwuma Called To Bar Today. Photos / List Of Nigerian Tycoons That Impact Ghana's Economy / Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.