Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders (57527 Views)

Alaba Market Traders Kick Against Plan By Lagos To Demolish Secretariat / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by 15ssDRIVE(m): 5:57am On Oct 20, 2022
when gambling house,dont wanna let their fools and incoming fools go. Stories like this go make, headlines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by SmartyPants(m): 6:06am On Oct 20, 2022
immortalcrown:
Why can't apprentices do such things without louding it?

A similar situation happened in Onitsha and the boss wanted the whole money. The boss said he is entitled to the whole money because the apprentice used his (boss's money) to play the bet. Meanwhile, the apprentice used his lunch money for the bet as his boss gave him 300 Naira daily for lunch. I don't know how they settled it.

I am not in support of the boss's claim. But let us be factual and logical here. It is best to keep such as a secret. If you as an apprentice expose such, the boss can claim the money. He can even win in a law court because the apprentice is his responsibility and the apprentice is obligated to dedicate all his time to serving the boss during the apprentiship period, especially if the boss takes the boy to shop and gives him lunch from home. If the boss gives the boy transport fare or money for lunch, the court can establish that the boy owns the bet money because the boy has the right to decide whether to starve himself and spend his lunch money on something else. If the boy does not get transport fare and lunch allowance, the court will establish that the capital used for the bet belongs to the boss, therefore the boss will get the money won from the betting.

If the apprentice dies during the apprentiship period, the boss would be held responsible. This is why whatever the apprentice achieves under the boss is accredited to the boss.

So, if you are an apprentice and you play bet or anything for yourself, keep it as a secret. Your boss owns you when you are under him. So, use your brain.

It's really distasteful when you people do this thing of commenting on what you have no knowledge of. Which Court of Law will make such a ruling?

First of all, is nwa boy a mode of employment known to law? just look at the arguments you are making. Is it possible under Nigerian about law o employ someone and not pay them?

If I had my way you won't eat anything for the next 48 hours make hungry wire you small.

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Alabaintprice(m): 6:16am On Oct 20, 2022
Take your money and start your own business

What sort of stupid greed is that one.

See entitlement Na....

He didn't even say 2milion.
A whole 8 million.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by dnapstar(m): 6:24am On Oct 20, 2022
All the time he played and lost, how many times did his boss share in the lose?? Na only profit he dey share in.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by bizzibodi(m): 6:30am On Oct 20, 2022
The boss is right,he is his mentor,he need to dedicate d money to him for business while d boss increase his allowances and encourage him to play bet more & focus on his apprenticeship till he comes of age to handle big money.my king Solomon's advice.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by bizzibodi(m): 6:33am On Oct 20, 2022
Danny50:
Wicked and selfish boss I would av put an end to the trade am learning then japa back to my family. Why would the boy even share the money without informining his family.
So if his parents demand for 80% he will Japa to America.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by bluefilm: 6:35am On Oct 20, 2022
DashHaulageltd:
For a lot of people who do not know much about the apprentice system, I’d explain further for you. The boy who serves his oga is actually not allowed by law to have money till he finishes learning his trade and gets settled to start his own. It’s therefore assumed that whatever money the boy used in this situation to play the bet belongs to his boss. His winning should actually entirely go to the boss if he was a selfish man. Asking for equal sharing is valid and no one should feel cheated here.

What law mandates such greedy leeching if I may ask?

This rubbish you said is easier for you to say because the apprentice is not your son or brother or relative.

Let's be sincere, how much do you think his said boss is going to settle him after all the years of tutelage?

If at the end of every human endeavor, we are trying to get money and now thanks to his lucky stars, God didn't mean for him to slave for years to start earning some money, how does that concern his boss?

If he's going to give his boss anything from his winnings, it has to be solely his decision.

That's where I am pissed.

In case you don't know, this is why some people get shot in the head out of the blues and others will be wondering what exactly went wrong.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Elidrisy20: 6:39am On Oct 20, 2022
The oga is right, children of nowadays,he will use all the money on party,booze,and olosho, the oga should seized the money and put it into fix deposit aza

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by immortalcrown(m): 6:40am On Oct 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

It's really distasteful when you people do this thing of commenting on what you have no knowledge of. Which Court of Law will make such a ruling?

First of all, is nwa boy a mode of employment known to law? just look at the arguments you are making. Is it possible under Nigerian about law o employ someone and not pay them?

If I had my way you won't eat anything for the next 48 hours make hungry wire you small.
If a deal lacks legal agreement and the parties take their dispute to court, won't the curt handle the matter? Did all the people that have taken their problems to court sign a legal agreement before starting the businesses that resulted in the problems? Answer these questions or remain the disgraceful one.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by mediclife1987(m): 6:45am On Oct 20, 2022
FullBlastLight:
Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet in Alaba Market, His Boss Orders the Boy To Give Him Half of the Money

https://www.legit.ng/people/1498715-apprentice-wins-n16m-sports-bet-alaba-market-boss-orders-boy-give-money/

How people dey take win this money never ceases to baffle me sha...

Till today, na only 1k I don chop for betking.
Very stupid people...
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by ShedrachU(m): 6:54am On Oct 20, 2022
Reason why playing online is better.

His oga fit be an Igbo man
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by GreaterFuture(m): 6:54am On Oct 20, 2022
owobokiri:

Not allowed!
Unless your Oga feels like being carefree with you.
The codes are all known.
As long as you are under him, all monetary gains from businesses done belongs to him.
If you want to start making your own cash, you go and meet him and surrender all his tools to him and go and start your own.

Like I said before, you may not agree with these codes but they're there for a reason.
If the guy under an Oga starts running around for his cash and starts keeping all gains made to himself like this one, while still under him, how does the Oga make his money? Is he competing with his "boy"?
It is not competing or keeping gains
What I meant is that, In some Jobs, especially if the Oga is doing very well, with up to 5 6 boys
The senior boys are sometimes a bit okay zbthise that are close to graduation. Like the first 2 senior boys, ice seen it before.
Mind you, some of these boys have serious responsibilities of sending money home to parents and families/siblings....
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by tonymyke4life(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2022
The oga is very generous. Whatever you get monetary under the supervision of your oga is purely your oga's own. Ask any business man. D apprentice is under the responsibility of the oga. If he was arrested who would bail him, the oga. If he falls sick who would take him to the hospital? That same oga even before his family gets to even hear about it. So in other words, the oga owns the boy and whatever he has till he's settled. That's the fact!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by clemzo101(m): 7:02am On Oct 20, 2022
dazzlingd:
Moral of the story, keep your mouth shut when u hit something big
it is not easy bro.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by michoim(m): 7:05am On Oct 20, 2022
But with N16m the apprentice Should suddenly become his own boss
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by mamajaz(f): 7:24am On Oct 20, 2022
DashHaulageltd:
For a lot of people who do not know much about the apprentice system, I’d explain further for you. The boy who serves his oga is actually not allowed by law to have money till he finishes learning his trade and gets settled to start his own. It’s therefore assumed that whatever money the boy used in this situation to play the bet belongs to his boss. His winning should actually entirely go to the boss if he was a selfish man. Asking for equal sharing is valid and no one should feel cheated here.

Which kind demonic law be this? Boy should run to Benin Republic
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by SmartyPants(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2022
immortalcrown:
If a deal lacks legal agreement and the parties take their dispute to court, won't the curt handle the matter? Did all the people that have taken their problems to court sign a legal agreement before starting the businesses that resulted in the problems? Answer these questions or remain the disgraceful one.

Still insisting on talking about things you don't know about??

You can't even read and comprehend what I wrote. Where did I say the Court won't handle the matteR?? I said the Court won't resolve it in favour of the so-called master!

Part of this is because nwa boy, a form of slavery, is not recognizable by law.

Secondly, in any employment dispute, especially where there is no legal agreement, the Courts will tend to take the side of the employee, on the basis of the fact that the employee has a weaker bargaining position.

It is not possible, never, nowhere, and in no place, that under such an nwa boy arrangement, the Courts will agree that the so-called master owns the boy's winnings.

Don't argue with me. I'm teaching you.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 20, 2022
Every festive season bet companies will be sponsoring articles wins to push people into beting more

if you hear 35million won with 800 naira

16 million won with 500 naira

you will start hustling in bet shops

2 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by BreconHills(m): 7:41am On Oct 20, 2022
joyandfaith:

His parents, friends and co could have given him money as well. That was the reason white people colonized us. Slave mentality.

Don't mind them. Did the oga borrow him the money? Is it not part of his cost of living. When people say the government is oppressing them, I laugh. Nigerians can do bad all by themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by BreconHills(m): 7:42am On Oct 20, 2022
ezenwajosh:
Every festive season bet companies will be sponsoring articles wins to push people into beting more

if you hear 35million won with 800 naira

16 million won with 500 naira

you will start hustling in bet shops

Well said. You've nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Hanndye: 7:44am On Oct 20, 2022
Is this slavery or what? If na oyinboman now them go de hala.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by bluefilm: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2022
Menclothing:
No give OGA pass 500k

500 gini?

500K is even more than too much.

He shouldn't give the greedy and stupid oga anything more than 20k.

Nonsense.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by masui(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2022
eallstar:

If you play online and won this kind of amount, the company will delete your account before you cash out. You will just see account not exist or account not found next day

Which of the company fit run this kind parole? Dem for hear am.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by immortalcrown(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

See your statement below:
SmartyPants:
First of all, is nwa boy a mode of employment known to law?
What do you mean here? If a court can handle an apprenticeship matter, why did you ask the question?

You are just kidding by claiming the court ruling will always favour the apprentice. If an apprentice steals his master's money or car and the master takes the apprentice to court, will the court rule the case against the master because the apprentice is a weaker one? If an apprentice attempts assassination of his master and the master has a cogent evidence, will the court ruling favour the apprentice? grin
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by David4truth(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2022
This one funny o!.. lol.. so if the apprentice had used the money to buy a small pocket knife and killed someone and was sentenced to 30 years in prison; will the oga insist that he will do 15 years of the sentence or even any at all! .. abeg he should humble and beg the boy for small something. At all at all na im bad pass.. # spiritofentitlement
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by astonished: 8:04am On Oct 20, 2022
Very simple thing, the boy would claimed somebody gifted him money, 1000 naira

And look for bros that will testify in court, that he actually dash him money

So many people would ready to save him in court that they dash him money, and that person can get 50K as competition.

There's no way his Oga can win this case, even if he hired all SAN in Nigeria

immortalcrown:
You probably didn't read my comment to the end. If the boss drives the boy to shop, gives the boy lunch from home and does not give the boy pocket money, the boss will win in a court because the court will conclude the boy stole the boss's money to play the bet. But if the boss gives the boy pocket money, the boss will like not win the case.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Silentflute1234: 8:10am On Oct 20, 2022
Success especially jackpot as this is so loud! No way he could've hidden it from oga...the oga deserves a cut but not halve of the money jor..if u pressure me as my oga for halve..omo i go give u pressure too..i get money now
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by astonished: 8:15am On Oct 20, 2022
The boy must have dropped from heaven, as he doesn't have any family member that can help him to save the money
Elidrisy20:
The oga is right, children of nowadays,he will use all the money on party,booze,and olosho, the oga should seized the money and put it into fix deposit aza
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by owobokiri(m): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2022
GreaterFuture:

It is not competing or keeping gains
What I meant is that, In some Jobs, especially if the Oga is doing very well, with up to 5 6 boys
The senior boys are sometimes a bit okay zbthise that are close to graduation. Like the first 2 senior boys, ice seen it before.
Mind you, some of these boys have serious responsibilities of sending money home to parents and families/siblings....
Ofcourse this happens.
No way there won't be someone doing stuff like saving money or sending money to his brethrens back home or stuffs like those.
The plank of my argument is that these are not the norms not allowed and generally frowned upon. I was talking about the quintessential practice as it used to be..
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by SmartyPants(m): 8:20am On Oct 20, 2022
immortalcrown:

See your statement below:
What do you mean here? If a court can handle an apprenticeship matter, why did you ask the question?

You are just kidding by claiming the court ruling will always favour the apprentice. If an apprentice steals his master's money or car and the master takes the apprentice to court, will the court rule the case against the master because the apprentice is a weaker one? If an apprentice attempts assassination of his master and the master has a cogent evidence, will the court ruling favour the apprentice? grin

Kai.

I assumed you had a certain level of understanding. That was my fault. I'll break it down

1. Nwa boy is not known to law and cannot be admitted in Court in its customary form. That is because the characteristics of the nwa bo arrangement are legally akin to slavery or human trafficking. This means if a case concerning an nwa boy and his so-called master comes to court, the Court will not treat it as an nwa boy arrangement. It will accept the case of course, but it will treat it according to the normal labour laws of the land. Do you understand now?

2. When I said the law favours the employee, this is within the context of labour conflicts, not murder or other matters that are irrelevant to the subject of employment relations. I thought that would have been obvious? Besides, the law favouring the employee does not even mean that the employee will win all the time: it means that by default, the employer has a higher argumentative burden.

So you see, you must never open you mouth to discuss law. You don't even know the basics.

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by immortalcrown(m): 8:22am On Oct 20, 2022
astonished:
Very simple thing, the boy would claimed somebody gifted him money, 1000 naira

And look for bros that will testify in court, that he actually dash him money

So many people would ready to save him in court that they dash him money, and that person can get 50K as competition.

There's no way his Oga can win this case, even if he hired all SAN in Nigeria

Yes, a false testifier can help the boy win the case. But you are wrong for saying there is no way the boss can win the case. Who will win depends on how each party tacles the case and which party the court finds guilty.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by immortalcrown(m): 8:29am On Oct 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

Kai.

I assumed you had a certain level of understanding. That was my fault. I'll break it down

1. Nwa boy is not known to law and cannot be admitted in Court in its customary form. That is because the characteristics of the nwa bo arrangement are legally akin to slavery or human trafficking. This means if a case concerning an nwa boy and his so-called master comes to court, the Court will not treat it as an nwa boy arrangement. It will accept the case of course, but it will treat it according to the normal labour laws of the land. Do you understand now?

2. When I said the law favours the employee, this is within the context of labour conflicts, not murder or other matters that are irrelevant to the subject of employment relations. I thought that would have been obvious? Besides, the law favouring the employee does not even mean that the employee will win all the time: it means that by default, the employer has a higher argumentative burden.

So you see, you must never open you mouth to discuss law. You don't even know the basics.
Few simple questions for you:

Can a court of law handle an apprenticeship case? If yes, what is the essence of your saying the form of apprenticeship is unknown to law?

If an apprentice is proven guilty in a case that involves his master, will the court rule the case against the master just because the apprentice is a weaker one? If no, what is your point?

You said the law favouring the apprentice does not mean he will win the case. Therefore, I am right for saying the master can win the case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Strikes ‘Biggest Deal Ever’ / Onyinye Chukwuma Called To Bar Today. Photos / List Of Nigerian Tycoons That Impact Ghana's Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.