Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders (57476 Views)

Alaba Market Traders Kick Against Plan By Lagos To Demolish Secretariat / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by FullBlastLight: 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet in Alaba Market, His Boss Orders the Boy To Give Him Half of the Money

Luck smiled on a Nigerian lad in Alaba Market, Lagos state as he managed to win N16 million sports bet.

Problem brewed for the young man as his boss demanded an equal share of N8 million from the winning.

Social media users have shared their thoughts on the issue as people explained what they would have done if in the lad's shoes
An apprentice in Alaba Market, Lagos hit it big as he won a sports bet of N16 million.

According to @oku_yungx who shared the story on Twitter , the lad's master requested that he is given half of the total winning.

The tweep said things ended in the favor of the boss as market people prevailed upon the young man to do it.

"So this boy who is currently undergoing his Apprenticeship with oga at Alaba market won 16 million naira on BET and his boss requested he shared the money into 2. Meaning his boss goes with 8million.

"I hear the market people supported his boss so he had to oblige."

Mixed reactions have trailed how the matter was settled.

See his tweet below:

Social media reactions
@UnrepentantJ said:

"He’s lucky it happened outside Onitsha lol like he won’t see kobo na the boss go take everything."

@Susan_Ubah said:

"The oga just greedy, the boy should have japa (not aboard japa oo, like leave the oga) with the money. That money is more than his settlement."

@Ahoysealord said:

"I hope when it is time for his Oga to settle him, there won't be stories..."

@G5star_ said:

"Omo if na me be the boy I go deny oh say no be me win am .... Well even if I dey give my oga smthn omo 3mill is okay which one come be half kwanu."

@rsvp89 said:

"Hopefully, the boy gets a good lawyer and sue his and get his millions back.

"To take half.... is just cruel.

"Would his boss have done the same if he won 16 million ?!"

@DaCypher said:

"Most people saying yes they agree, the boss is right, the boss should’ve collected all.this and that.. I bet if they were in the apprentice shoe. They would run away with the entire 16 million."

People accompany man to a mosque after he won N38 million bet with N800.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a man's community folks had followed him to a mosque after he won N38 million bet using N800.

A short video shared by @bod_republic on Twitter captured the moment the news of his massive winning went rife in the community.

Screams of joy filled the atmosphere, with many thronging the betting center to see things for themselves.

The recorder of the clip showed the man's winnings and his N800 stake displayed on a computer in the betting center.
https://www.legit.ng/people/1498715-apprentice-wins-n16m-sports-bet-alaba-market-boss-orders-boy-give-money/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Jennylove21(f): 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
Wow
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by immortalcrown(m): 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2022
Why can't apprentices do such things without louding it?

A similar situation happened in Onitsha and the boss wanted the whole money. The boss said he is entitled to the whole money because the apprentice used his (boss's money) to play the bet. Meanwhile, the apprentice used his lunch money for the bet as his boss gave him 300 Naira daily for lunch. I don't know how they settled it.

I am not in support of the boss's claim. But let us be factual and logical here. It is best to keep such as a secret. If you as an apprentice expose such, the boss can claim the money. He can even win in a law court because the apprentice is his responsibility and the apprentice is obligated to dedicate all his time to serving the boss during the apprentiship period, especially if the boss takes the boy to shop and gives him lunch from home. If the boss gives the boy transport fare or money for lunch, the court can establish that the boy owns the bet money because the boy has the right to decide whether to starve himself and spend his lunch money on something else. If the boy does not get transport fare and lunch allowance, the court will establish that the capital used for the bet belongs to the boss, therefore the boss will get the money won from the betting.

Even if someone testifies to have given the boy the money, there are many other things to consider. On which date and what time did the boy play the bet? If the bet was played when the boy was meant to be taking care of the master's shop, the master will either win the whole money or a part of it because the master's business suffered one form of loss or the other when the apprentice left the shop to play the bet.

If the apprentice dies during the apprentiship period, the boss would be held responsible. This is why whatever the apprentice achieves under the boss is accredited to the boss.

So, if you are an apprentice and you play bet or anything for yourself, keep it as a secret. Your boss owns you when you are under him. So, use your brain.

I am not supporting the master to lay a claim on the money. I am just pointing out how such a case will be treated in a court of law. But it seems many people here do not know how the law opperates. Well, I have just made my point. I don't need to stress myself on this argument because there is no trophy for the winner in this argument. Those who disagree with me should suit themselves. I may not respond to further quotes of my comment.

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by VeryWickedMan: 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
N200k should be more than enough to organize beating for his boss.

445 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by owobokiri(m): 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
He should give his Oga some naa
As long as he's with the Oga, he has no money because it's ogas money that's being used .

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by GuyWise101(m): 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

They will settle it amicably if the apprentice and the boss are not greedy and selfish.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by joyandfaith: 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
immortalcrown:
Why can't apprentices do such things without louding it?

A similar situation happened in Onitsha and the boss wanted the whole money. The boss said he is entitled to the whole money because the apprentice used his (boss's money) to play the bet. Meanwhile, the apprentice used his lunch money for the bet as his boss gave him 300 Naira daily for lunch.

How did it end?
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by joyandfaith: 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
owobokiri:
As long as he's with the Oga, he has no money because it's ogas money that's being used .
His parents, friends and co could have given him money as well. That was the reason white people colonized us. Slave mentality.

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by immortalcrown(m): 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

How did it end?
I don't know the end of the matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by ASAPFERG1: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
Small 300k go settle this matter if him employ cultists to bail am grin grin

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Tokskob2008: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
owobokiri:
Lol, I agree he needs to give Oga small change but saying he has to do it because it's the oga's money he used is funny. You think if Oga knew the boy uses his money to play bet9ja he wouldn't have sent him packing But now wey luck don shine on the boy Oga wan dey claim, honestly if I was the boy I won't give him more than 200k.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by PerfectStranger(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Calm down bros, e never reach that level grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by omoadeleye(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
So some people still mumu to this extent, who born the maga wey go dey ask me for cut?

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by sofeo(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
Alright, awoof money.
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Gordy1: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
Wow
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Manson1(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
Not every success you announce... Silence is a powerful tool...

About starting your building project? See our live thread for our ongoing building construction project of a 3-bedroom bungalow in Oron, Akwa Ibom... Link in my signature

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by GratefulSoul27(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
For what?
The boy should give him 50k for drinks

If he's the one that won the money will he give the boy anything?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by CalabarPikin: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nonsense

16m is enough to hire his boss if he forms his company

14 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by DashHaulageltd: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
For a lot of people who do not know much about the apprentice system, I’d explain further for you. The boy who serves his oga is actually not allowed by law to have money till he finishes learning his trade and gets settled to start his own. It’s therefore assumed that whatever money the boy used in this situation to play the bet belongs to his boss. His winning should actually entirely go to the boss if he was a selfish man. Asking for equal sharing is valid and no one should feel cheated here.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Odunharry(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
Sadly, that's the rule..

8 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Menclothing: 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
This is ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by ThreeEyedRaven: 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I tell you
Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by noble2faith(m): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
This ought to be in joke section!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by premierlead: 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
Which kind boss is this one? Thief! omo ina. Yimirin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by ponyonm: 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
Oga na thief

4 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
Disadvantages of going to all diz outlet to play bet...
Nothing good pas make u dey reason am online low key

1m too much sef for hin boss not to talk of 8m

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Encyclopedia1: 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
Shishi he no go take again for demanding for 50/50....... I give finish na 1M. Make he take am rob body.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by bibiking7(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
Radarada

2 Likes

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by Encyclopedia1: 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
It's better I tell him I no de do again and walk away.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by flexyrule(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
Shi shi... My Oga no go see.

If e do anyhow, I go just march men to him shop.

You think say to permutate games Na beans.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders by money121(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Tony Elumelu And His Wife In 1997 / Femi Otedola Strikes ‘Biggest Deal Ever’ / Meet Wives Of Top Nigerian Billionaires (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.