Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow (1312 Views)

Protest Over Removal Of Labour Party’s Sen. Nwokocha, Irresponsible - Abia PDP / Former Adamawa Governor Bindow, Others Dump APC For PDP / El-rufai, Yahaya Bello And Bindow Dancing 'shaku Shaku' At APC Convention(watch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by tony0806: 7:36am On Oct 20, 2022
We can't sacrifice Atiku in favour of a Yoruba man, Bindow tells supporters

~ Says APC is an NGO not political party

The immediate past governor of Adamawa State, Sen. Muhammad Umaru Jibrilla Bindow, has told his supporters not to sacrifice their own in favour of a Yoruba man who didn't know their existence.

Bindow who served as Adamawa State governor from 2015 to 2019 under the banner of the All Progressives Congress (APC) said he has 100 reasons to dump the party.

While addressing former administrators of development areas in his Mubi country home over the weekend, Bindow said he is fed up with APC whom he referred to an NGO because of its anti democratic tendencies.

Bindow who said he was humiliated, maltreated and abused by the party he served with passion and patriotism said he has to change course and support one of his own, Atiku Abubakar in the presidential election so as to protect his interest and that of his followers.

"I want to personally help Atiku because he is my own candidate how can we leave Atiku to support one Yoruba man who do not know our existence. If we vote Atiku I will be a senior stakeholder in his government and if I'm in the government you are also in the government.

"In the same vein, we will also support governor Fintiri because there is no way you will support a presidential candidate without supporting his gubernatorial, senatorial and house of representatives candidates. I would talk to Fintiri and I will personally present you to him. We shall sort out all this because this is where our interests lie.

"Fintiri is my younger brother. Sometimes, I do call him on phone to advise and even warn him about consequences of some of the decisions and policies of his government," he said.

Bindow who spoke extensively in Hausa during the meeting noted that he was irked by the impudence and disrespect of APC towards him despite the valiant role he played in bringing the party from grass to grace.

"I developed this party from the scratch to this level. Nyako contributed only 10 percent to the growth of APC, I gave 90 percent contribution to the growth of the party in Adamawa State," he said.

Further reliving his grievance before the ex-development area administrators, Bindow lamented that he won the gubernatorial election of the state in 2019 but his stern enemies from Yola made sure that they scuttled his victory.

"In 2019 everyone know I won the election fair and square but the Abuja based APC stakeholders from Yola worked against that victory.

"Our parents have warned us that these people from Yola are our sworn enemies and they will never like us. Our parents have been vindicated because I have seen the open display of enmity and hatred from those people.

"Because of that I tell you I have multitude of reasons to leave the party. I'm giving you time to dwell and meditate on these issues I brought forward for your consideration. I came here to discuss our future together with you. I know APC is not a political party but an NGO because even in Mubi North or Mubi South I learnt there are two chairmen of the party. What kind of party is this? They only respect you at the time they need you," he said.

The ex-governor added that another reason why he considers pitching tent with Atiku is due to the respect, love and care the former vice president has been extending to him which culminated to a visit Atiku paid to him in his house sometime back.

"I'm sure all of you have seen the clips of the visit of Atiku to my house which has gone viral on social media. I want to tell you what actually transpired between me and him. And I will also like to hear your views and the way forward.

"During the visit, Atiku told me he came to show empathy to me over the persecution and unwholesome treatment my party is meting out to me. He told me that he was enraged and angered by the sublime I'll treatment being meted to me by APC.

"He said APC assaulted me, treated me with utter disdain and impudence. So he told me that he was greatly disturbed about the way I'm been disrespected and abused in APC. He then asked for my favour.

"Atiku told me that the PDP presidential ticket he is currently holding is not a ticket for Adamawa State only but a ticket for the north east. He said the north east has never produced Nigeria's president because of that he pleaded with me to support him since APC did not give me its ticket. He said If I helped him to accomplish that, he will fulfill all my requests.

"I told him I'm not alone and I can't give a direct answer because I need to consult widely and deeply. I urged him to give me the grace of two months because I was attending a course in America after that I will come back and consult with all the strata of my allies and followers. You will not fail to observe my recent iteneraries across the state since I came back to town.

"Now I'm back to my base. I want your input so as to chart a new course. I want anyone of you to tell me just one reason why I should remain in APC and I will tell the person 100 reasons why I should not be in APC.

"I'm not a slave and I don't look like one. If I'm defecting to PDP I would not compel anyone to follow me to the party. If you are loyal to me and think I deserve your support because of what I have done to you in the past, then you can follow me.

"But if you have hope in APC you can remain in the party. I made my decision even before what happened yesterday. But with the event of yesterday which removed APC from the gubernatorial contest, what is the future of the party?

"If we don't have a gubernatorial candidate how will the senatorial and house of representatives candidates start their campaign? If you don't have a strong gubernatorial hopeful in an election you are doomed especially considering the fact that we are an opposition political party," he said.

Bindow noted that his recent sojourn has the full backing of the Lamido of Adamawa noting that such informed his coming back to the state together with Lamido.

"Since you see Kaura here, you know our leaders are involved in this talks. When I came back to the state I came back with Lamido Adamawa. Is there any personality more important than Lamido in Adamawa State? We shall come and take a final decision here," he said.

Earlier on the spokesman of the former development area administrators in the zone said they are ready to follow Bindow to wherever he is going and whatever political decision he is making noting that their loyalty to the ex-governor remained eternal and unwavering.

"We are 100 percent behind you. All the 27 of us are solidly behind you in Mubi. We are here before you and wish to tell you that your wishes are our command whatever direction you take we will surely follow you," he said.

https://www./544534219649371/permalink/1339474420155343/

Cc: lalasticlala

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Richardonald(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2022
If Atiku fails to record about 800k votes in Adamawa alone, then he is not serious.

Meanwhile watch how agbadorian will rush to say bindow has no electoral value or is father brother mother is an Ipobgringrin

8 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Ofunaofu: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2022
"I want to personally help Atiku because he is my own candidate how can we leave Atiku to support one Yoruba man who do not know our existence. If we vote Atiku I will be a senior stakeholder in his government and if I'm in the government you are also in the government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by mbaboy(m): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2022
Atiku is coming

1 Like

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 20, 2022
I hope 'woke' Yorubas can see the ethnic politics everyone is playing from supporters of Dubai dweller Atiku to Obifraud IPOB supporter.

They have no record to run on and must now pander to ethnic jingoism. Shame.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Bontafa: 8:15am On Oct 20, 2022
Richardonald:
If Atiku fails to record about 800k votes in Adamawa alone, then he is not serious.

Meanwhile watch how agbadorian will rush to say bindow has no electoral value or is father brother mother is an Ipobgringrin

They will call him OSU

4 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by trantayo: 8:22am On Oct 20, 2022
I pity Yorubas who did not know what they called politics. Please vote for Tinubu as the President of federal Republic of Nigeria in Year 2023

2 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by realstars: 8:25am On Oct 20, 2022
Atikulating for nothing,
we all know that the party is an organisation, but we will vote them out obidiently.
Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by NotBeenPaid: 8:28am On Oct 20, 2022

What an audacity. Politics of ethnicity. The statement "Emilokan" is behind these nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by slivertongue: 8:37am On Oct 20, 2022
A fraudulent NGO decieving Nigerians.

Say no to ethnocentric politics

1 Like

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 20, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

What an audacity. Politics of ethnicity. The statement "Emilokan" is behind these nonsense.

Please, if you don't understand Yoruba then kindly keep your ignorant mouth shut. How is "emilokan" related to demanding ethnocentric votes?

Emilokan simply means it is my turn. A statement Tinubu has a right to make to APC stalwarts for his unflinching loyalty and support that made Buhari two term President after 3 previous failed attempts.

You people should stop the lies and mischief because it only confirms that many Nigerians are as dishonest and fraudulent as others they love accusing of misrule and corruption.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by NotBeenPaid: 8:53am On Oct 20, 2022
candidtalk:

Please, if you don't understand Yoruba then kindly keep your ignorant mouth shut. How is "emilokan" related to demanding ethnocentric votes?

Emilokan simply means it is my turn. A statement Tinubu has a right to make to APC stalwarts for his unflinching loyalty and support that made Buhari two term President after 3 previous failed attempts.

You people should stop the lies and mischief because it only confirms that many Nigerians are as dishonest and fraudulent as others they love accusing of misrule and corruption.

Rest!

1 Like

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by NotBeenPaid: 8:54am On Oct 20, 2022
Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:43am On Oct 20, 2022
A looting NGO

3 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 20, 2022
— Atiku might be tribalistic
— Obi seems a bit tribalistic
— Tinubu seems to be the only candidate not tribalistic but he has his flaws too

Let just vote wisely.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by AllTheWayUp: 9:57am On Oct 20, 2022
grin grin grin
Tinubu Northern votes have gone into voicemail.
Where will Tinubu get his Northern votes from

2 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Realguyman1(m): 10:00am On Oct 20, 2022
ThePublicEnemy:
— Atiku might be tribalistic
— Obi seems a bit tribalistic
— Tinubu seems to be the only candidate not tribalistic but he has his flaws too

Let just vote wisely.
How is Obi tribalistic?
Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2022
candidtalk:

— From track record, BAT transformed Lagos and people of Lagos hailed him especially his first term in government and I remember then, seems Lagos was one of the few state PDP never won.
— I don't really know PO record in his state but PO and Atiku might be a bit tribalistic
— In terms of religion, BAT seems to be tolerant as his wife was a Christian and the Muslim - Muslim ticket is another red flag but it will win him tickets from the North but would they vote him over Atiku.

What will be the winning factor in that next year election would be how people turn out for the vote, it's not a hot knife through butter as usual for the big guns

1 Like

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Johnnyessence(m): 10:02am On Oct 20, 2022
APC is a goner in Adamawa State, Tinubu ma lule piii Lekan siii niiii

2 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 20, 2022
Realguyman1:
How is Obi tribalistic?
From his comments on the Church taking back their country, same way Atiku was sweet talking about North need someone that understands them. One can't really trust this politicians. The only person I could vouch for before was the Young version of Tinubu when he was still vibrant but this recent Tinubu is very weak in health and allegation on money laundry, his part in the Endsars ruckus is still questionable.

It's just like voting for who one thinks will be the lesser evil among the candidate but people should vote for the candidate that won't solve every problem with Austerity. The policies of Buhari government is too strict that you can't even do anything even if you have money. I remember back then in Uni. Student do business by buying on AliExpress and sells to fellow students to make money, now you can't even buy anything on any platform outside the country with your regular card.

Nigeria need to wise up.
Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Realguyman1(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2022
ThePublicEnemy:
From his comments on the Church taking back their country, same way Atiku was sweet talking about North need someone that understands them. One can't really trust this politicians. The only person I could vouch for before was the Young version of Tinubu when he was still vibrant but this recent Tinubu is very weak in health and allegation on money laundry, his part in the Endsars ruckus is still questionable.

It's just like voting for who one thinks will be the lesser evil among the candidate but people should vote for the candidate that won't solve every problem with Austerity. The policies of Buhari government is too strict that you can't even do anything even if you have money. I remember back then in Uni. Student do business by buying on AliExpress and sells to fellow students to make money, now you can't even buy anything on any platform outside the country with your regular card.

Nigeria need to wise up.
And what does Christian taking back their country got to do with tribalism?

When tinubu was telling the Yorubas that it was the time for the Yorubas. And being it the time for the Yorubas, it was his turn.
Shay na national unity he preach like that so?

1 Like

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 20, 2022
Realguyman1:
And what does Christian taking back their country got to do with tribalism?

When tinubu was telling the Yorubas that it was the time for the Yorubas. And being it the time for the Yorubas, it was his turn.
Shay na national unity he preach like that so?
We are just wasting our time with unity that does not exist. Let Arewa pick Atiku, Oduduwa pick Tinubu and Biafra pick Obi. Then let go back to our parliamentary days and do business.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Realguyman1(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2022
ThePublicEnemy:
We are just wasting our time with unity that does not exist. Let Arewa pick Atiku, Oduduwa pick Tinubu and Biafra pick Obi. Then let go back to our parliamentary days and do business.
Na them sabi

1 Like

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Cantonese: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2022
Selfish people.

He said Atiku promised to fulfil his requests after he fulfils Atiku's request.

Na laugh I laugh.

Atiku has refused to honour his words with Wike after two promises. He's been accused if serially failing with his promises.

How will he do it?

1 Like

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by tony0806: 10:37am On Oct 20, 2022
This coming election will have so much to settle for us as a nation
Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 20, 2022
tony0806:
This coming election will have so much to settle for us as a nation

Indeed. We need to really settle the injustice and anti-progress ritual sticks some have buried in the ground against Nigeria for decades now.

If we cannot make progress together then we must stop drowning together.

1 Like

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 20, 2022
ThePublicEnemy:

God bless you Sir. I dare North to pick Atiku as their regional Premier. A man who prefers to live in Dubai, with Arabs, when nothing is at stake. Atiku has never done anything for Adamawa, his native State, or for any Northerner.

I would also want Igbos to agitate for regionalism so Obi can be their regional Premier. This is same Obi who lives in Lagos and confesses Igbos are the most difficult people to lead.

Yorubas however would be ecstatic if regionalism arrives today and Tinubu is our Premier. No need for noise. The upcoming election has ethnic undertones for specific reasons.

Buhari and his crew have opened eyes. Whatever happens, Nigeria will never be the same. Yorubas are not worried about any outcome because more regional and administrative autonomyis the only future for Nigeria.

Therefore Yorubas can never be worried by any outcome because we have the population, socio-economic dominance and grace of the world to emerge winners from what is the inevitable future of Nigeria no individual or interest group can stop.
Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2022
As proof of what I have said on this thread, about how Nigeria is changing for good, below is the utterances of savvy Northern youths who know their best interest does not lie with Atiku who lives in Dubai and shuns Northerners for years to then begin patronisingthem in election years.

Nigerians, shine your eyes. If you're all sure of your ethnic candidate then let us all fight for regional governance instead of going to vote for a President next year.

Let Atiku lead the Northern Region. Obi should be Premier of SE and Yorubas will gladly accept Tinubu premier of SW.

https://guardian.ng/news/northern-youths-acf-differ-on-atiku-as-arewa-preferred-candidate/
Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2022
As proof of what I have said on this thread, about how Nigeria is changing for good, below is the utterances of savvy Northern youths who know their best interest does not lie with Atiku who lives in Dubai and shuns Northerners for years to then begin patronisingthem in election years.

Nigerians, shine your eyes. If you're all sure of your ethnic candidate then let us all fight for regional governance instead of going to vote for a President next year.

Let Atiku lead the Northern Region. Obi should be Premier of SE and Yorubas will gladly accept Tinubu premier of SW.

https://guardian.ng/news/northern-youths-acf-differ-on-atiku-as-arewa-preferred-candidate/

“We use the opportunity to ask the so-called elders to explain to Northerners where they derived their mandate to impose a single candidate on the entire region. We also challenge them to explain what criteria they used to arrive at Atiku as a consensus candidate for the North and to define his contributions to the growth of the region that qualifies him as such.”

According to him, by every reasonable assessment, Atiku has never had any concern for the North beyond exploiting the region’s resources and its goodwill for his personal political capital.

He said: “Atiku, who has risen on the goodwill of the Northerners, can today not boast of any development project he has ever influenced personally or through the high offices he has held, courtesy of the North.”

“It is in his blind desperation to secure the presidency that Atiku is sponsoring capitalist Northern leaders, with no record of achieving anything for the region, to manipulate the conscience of the Northerners into believing the lies that he is a true Northerner with good intention for the region, whereas the opposite is the case,” Sahabi added.

He said further that supporting Atiku as the sole Northern candidate on the basis of sentiments would put the region out of political circulation permanently, which is what his endorsers, “out of desperate greed for self-perpetuation,” are opting for.

“The capitalist-minded Northern elders are so blinded by their acquisitive tendencies around ripping the nation with Atiku’s main agenda for privatising major public assets.

“It is important for the people of the North to refuse to be drawn into the lost battle of pitching all its eggs in one basket, especially since Atiku’s antecedents of non-performance throughout his tenure as vice president have made him unreliable and a major risk for the North to take,” he said.
Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by rolams(m): 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2022
I have been saying it here and I will continue to say it. FEAR THE NORTH! Dem SABI the game!

1 Like

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
candidtalk:

God bless you Sir. I dare North to pick Atiku as their regional Premier. A man who prefers to live in Dubai, with Arabs, when nothing is at stake. Atiku has never done anything for Adamawa, his native State, or for any Northerner.

I would also want Igbos to agitate for regionalism so Obi can be their regional Premier. This is same Obi who lives in Lagos and confesses Igbos are the most difficult people to lead.

Yorubas however would be ecstatic if regionalism arrives today and Tinubu is our Premier. No need for noise. The upcoming election has ethnic undertones for specific reasons.

Buhari and his crew have opened eyes. Whatever happens, Nigeria will never be the same. Yorubas are not worried about any outcome because more regional and administrative autonomyis the only future for Nigeria.

Therefore Yorubas can never be worried by any outcome because we have the population, socio-economic dominance and grace of the world to emerge winners from what is the inevitable future of Nigeria no individual or interest group can stop.
Spot on the upcoming election has ethnic undertones, many hasn't seen it yet but it will gradually come to light.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is An NGO, Not A Political Party ~ Sen. Bindow by Tenses: 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
Peter Obi remains the only detribalized candidate in this election.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike’s Ally, Dankwambo, Abandons Integrity Group, Joins Atiku At Gombe Rally / Wait Ooh! Why Is It That The Ipob Terrorists Are In Pain Because Of Northern Oil / Lagos Blue Line Rail Finally Rolls Sanwo-olu, Others Go On Ride.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.