Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG (24093 Views)

Nigeria Flood Watch / Flood: FG Puts States, FCT On Red Alert / Flood: FG Commits N3bn To Mitigate Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by baralatie(m): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2022
Eriokanmi:
The torrential rainfall caused it. Yesterday alone, it rained heavily in lagos for over one hour...in October. Imagine.

Only a failed government would be chasing shadows. Why not dredge our waterway? The dredging contract given to Uzodinma by the past administration was not done. I wonder why the imo state governor hasn't been summoned by the efcc over it cos he collected a heavy mobilisation on the contract but did nothing
Torrential in kogi state
Torrential rain in nasarawa
Torrential rain in bayelsa
Torrential rain in Anambra
Torrential rain in delta

And people in all these places are seeing the water rise but not after torrential rain o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by mrvitalis(m): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2022
MasterJayJay:
I thought as much. How can a small dam make River Niger and River Benue to overflow?

What are the records of the average depth of River Niger and River Benue for the last 50 years? Would dredging minimize the flood?

Many areas have never experienced this kind of flooding..

The government is still clueless on the major factors that led to the floods.
Why does this type happen every 10 years then ...when Cameroon release their water

1 Like

Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by FireUpNow(m): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2022
LongLife4all:
Buhari is just a disaster. Left, right and center.
You forgot to add APC too
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by Buckeyemedia1: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
owobokiri:
Lol
What do you expect from a government that goes around claiming to know those behind Boko Haram and Oil bunkering, but will never mention the names nor arrest the culprits..?

They have started defending Cameroon, the same way the defended both Chad and Niger as it regards insurgencies in the north. Same way they defend foreign Oil multinationals that are plundering the country.

Even the Cameroonians will be shocked with this response.
Ipobian Minister of Water resources you have come with your own assessment?
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by fredoooooo: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
Sebi stoopees people qill always believe everything...
Cheap propaganda grin cheesy grin
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by Buckeyemedia1: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
FireUpNow:
You forgot to add APC too
Why not add yourself also as a Nigerian?
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by newnigerdelta1: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
LongLife4all:

Blame your own father, for been poor

1 Like

Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by reiddecuti: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2022
I don't blame him and FG. They have really overfeed with taskpayers money without doing anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by Mccullum: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2022
omoredia:
Na APC government kill my brothers and sisters for lekki on this day 20.10.20.

I will never forget

You're liar, your family didn't appear before the END SARS panel in Lagos.
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by Allisgud: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2022
Eriokanmi:
The torrential rainfall caused it. Yesterday alone, it rained heavily in lagos for over one hour...in October. Imagine.

Only a failed government would be chasing shadows. Why not dredge our waterway? The dredging contract given to Uzodinma by the past administration was not done. I wonder why the imo state governor hasn't been summoned by the efcc over it cos he collected a heavy mobilisation on the contract but did nothing
so why was there no might flood as this during when it was raining 48hrs straight
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by omoredia: 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2022
Mccullum:

You're liar, your family didn't appear before the END SARS panel in Lagos.

I don't respond to brainless bloodsucking bats.
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by Midas01: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
Your hatred has blinded you and I just pity your life.

Sha what do I expect from people who think Tinubu is 69.
lailo:
Alaigbo dam again. Thses Igbo people go finish Nigeria las las undecided
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by nighthawk1: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
MasterJayJay:
I thought as much. How can a small dam make River Niger and River Benue to overflow?

What are the records of the average depth of River Niger and River Benue for the last 50 years? Would dredging minimize the flood?

Dredging can help with river capture but every delta has its maximum it can hold. Once its exceeded you have flooding. Its advisable people move upland or land reclaimation plus diking.

Corruption won't let the government take measures to mitigate all these disasters rather they wish for it so they can siphon money meant for disaster management. SO SAD
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2022
Thieves
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by Bizibi(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2022
Chai!!!!!!!!
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by nesphil(m): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2022
I don't think you're different from them.

The adjectives that you choose to use to describe these contestants only attest to the fact that you're not different from those you're complaining about.

Nastrademus:
The mods should try and do something about those tribalist and political touts on this forum, this forum should be for sound mind and not low life spamming this beautiful forum with insults because of an old drug baron called TINUBU or a loud and unpredictable Peter obi or a thief like ATIKU, if you want to support any of them, good but don't disturb the peace of reasonable minds here
(

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by Grandmeister(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nastrademus:
The mods should try and do something about those tribalist and political touts on this forum, this forum should be for sound mind and not low life spamming this beautiful forum with insults because of an old drug baron called TINUBU or a loud and unpredictable Peter obi or a thief like ATIKU, if you want to support any of them, good but don't disturb the peace of reasonable minds here
(
Atleast you called Peter obi loud and unpredictable. The loud part is still up for debate, nevertheless he is neither a thief nor an old drug kingpin.
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by Mccullum: 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
omoredia:

I don't respond to brainless bloodsucking bats.

Werey, so you thought you can use malicious and manipulation of Tinubu's picture to convince someone like my types to hate Jagaban, I'm just telling you to try your madness more in order for you to understand that it won't change minds of those that love ABAT till the day of election.

Jagaban 2023 is a goal.
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by justtruth88miSt(f): 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
LongLife4all:
Buhari is the course of ur miserable life, he will soon go, we r waiting to see how things will go with.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by omoredia: 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2022
Mccullum:

Werey, so you thought you can use malicious and manipulation of Tinubu's picture to convince someone like my types to hate Jagaban, I'm just telling you to try your madness more in order for you to understand that it won't change minds of those that love ABAT till the day of election.

Jagaban 2023 is a goal.

Hehe hunger is ur problem. God will save ur from thinking with your belly
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by CaveAdullam: 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2022
Pathetic liars!

The cluelessness of Nigerian leaders and politicians always causes her citizens to suffer disastrous setbacks. Constructing a dam has been difficult for the Nigerian government since 1977, an agreement they entered with Cameroun to hold the water when Cameroun opens their dam and channel the water as irrigation in Adamawa and other states in Nigeria.

Several governments have come and gone and none has been able to construct a dam, yet these useless governments have embezzled massive funds that would have been used to construct the dam over and over again.

Cameroun government is not at fault, they kept their side of the bargain, and you don't expect them to hold on and get destroyed by the flood which will also affect the current localities suffering overflooding in Nigeria right now.

The onus is on the Nigerian government.

4 Likes

Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by GeneralPula: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2022
He said: “You cannot stop flooding, it’s a natural phenomenon, just like you cannot stop earthquake.

“States and local authorities should stop giving people permit to build on watercourses.

“People shouldn’t be building illegally on water courses. If you’ve a water course, if you think you’ll see it dry for 10 or 20 years, it doesn’t mean in 100 years, water will not come.”

Take note..
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by ogatboy(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2022
Even if?? Just build the dam and lets see.
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by MansoryMX(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Do you know how many millions of cubic of water is being released from that Dam in the past 4 months? Oh you thought it’s something they opened just weeks back? Una too funny for this forum. Believe your useless government at your own peril.,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by adedayoa2(f): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
“States and local authorities should stop giving people permit to build on watercourses.

“People shouldn’t be building illegally on water courses. If you’ve a water course, if you think you’ll see it dry for 10 or 20 years, it doesn’t mean in 100 years, water will not come.”[b]
[/b]
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2022
omoredia:
Na APC government kill my brothers and sisters for lekki on this day 20.10.20.

I will never forget
Show us their pictures please?
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by omoredia: 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2022
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by abokimallam: 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
This one is only after water resources bill to seize lands in the southern Nigeria and hand it over to fulanis.
What has your ministry done to mitigate and prevent this flooding.
Re: Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG by SIRTee15: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2022
AyePappy:
The problem is that our waterways need dredging as heavy rains wash silt into the river beds thus making the rivers overflow during heavy downpours.

Other than dredging we need to reclaim and help retain shorelines by simply planting trees in and around water shorelines.

Trees not only act as rain interceptors thereby reducing the impact on loose soil but also help prevent both surface and subsurface erosion.

The Cameroonian dam release has an effect as an increase discharge during heavy rains will impact on the entire Niger basin.

The dam is quite old and silt deposit would have accumulated thus requiring more frequent discharge also areas around the dam wall in Cametoun would attract farmers and settlements making the dam engineers to release more water to prevent flooding upstream.

The best thing we can do is plant much vegetation along our waterways, and dredge the river bed. Building resrtviour dams along the Benue will be expensive and take up much land that we don't have anymore owing to our population.

Nobody should blame this on climate change as that is a ruse but rather poor land and water management.

It's climate change, take it or leave it. Poor management of inland waterways made it worse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Declares Umaru Fintiri Winner Of Adamawa Governorship Election / Plot To Impeach Saraki Thickens- The Nigerian Pilot / Kogi Youths Protest Against Rice Donations By Senators (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.