Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:51 AM

Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven (512 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2011
[flash=200,200]http://[flash=200,200]http://[b]Unfortunately, today in this country and other countries, there is a tendency to identify Islam with terrorism. This false accusation is generated by either ignorance or animosity toward Islam.

The truth of the matter is that Islam stands for peace with justice for all. Islam condemns terrorism against human beings, regardless of their faith, race or nationalities. Terrorism is antithesis to Islam. Terrorism is barbarism.

Sadly, there have been cases of violating the Islamic tenets by zealous and deviant Muslims who refuse to pattern their conducts and behaviors after the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Their behavior did not originate from the teaching of true Islam. Rather, they are the result of human failure and shortcoming.

The airplane terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing thousands of innocent human beings, is repugnant and sinful in the Islamic standard. While it is still not clear who carried out this crime, it must be stated no right-minded follower of true Islam could possibly condone such a horrific act. The teachings of the Qur'an and the Prophet forbid Muslim soldiers, in time of war, from killing innocent people or destroying a building.

The terrorists, whoever they are, could not be worthy Muslims. The Islamic message is a message of justice, peace and mercy to all mankind. A cowardly act of terrorism against innocent people is not a doorway to heaven but a gateway to hell. Islam rejects aggression and self-serving retribution. Islam holds the human soul in high regard and considers the attack against one human being a grave sin.

The Holy Qur'an warns: "Whoever killed a person not in retaliation of murder or in spreading mischief in the land it would be as if he killed all mankind and if anyone saved one life it would be as if he saved all mankind" (Qur'an 5: 32). Prophet Muhammad said "Whoever hurts a dhimee (a Jew or a Christian protected by Islamic state) he would be like hurting me and who hurts me, he hurts God."

The act of terrorism is a dirty political act and cannot be a religious act. Many American Muslims have been killed in this tragedy and many Muslim firefighters have died trying to rescue people. We pray to God to help the victims and their families and join the nation to have the perpetrators be brought swiftly to justice.[/b][/flash][/flash]
Re: Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2011
Unfortunately, today in this country and other countries, there is a tendency to identify Islam with terrorism. This false accusation is generated by either ignorance or animosity toward Islam.

The days of ignorance are over, we have the hadiths , quran and commentaries online. So do not insult our intelligence as if we are incapable of comprehending simple grammar.

The truth of the matter is that Islam stands for peace with justice for all. Islam condemns terrorism against human beings, regardless of their faith, race or nationalities. Terrorism is antithesis to Islam. Terrorism is barbarism.

This is a Joke , right ?

Sadly, there have been cases of violating the Islamic tenets by zealous and deviant Muslims who refuse to pattern their conducts and behaviors after the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Their behavior did not originate from the teaching of true Islam. Rather, they are the result of human failure and shortcoming.

not true , they are staying true to the letter of the word contained in their scriptures

The airplane terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing thousands of innocent human beings, is repugnant and sinful in the Islamic standard. While it is still not clear who carried out this crime, it must be stated no right-minded follower of true Islam could possibly condone such a horrific act. The teachings of the Qur'an and the Prophet forbid Muslim soldiers, in time of war, from killing innocent people or destroying a building.

Rubbish, they do it in Pakistan daily and in Syria they are slaughtering their own people like flies

The crime was carried out by jihadists, period !!!

The terrorists, whoever they are, could not be worthy Muslims. The Islamic message is a message of justice, peace and mercy to all mankind. A cowardly act of terrorism against innocent people is not a doorway to heaven but a gateway to hell. Islam rejects aggression and self-serving retribution. Islam holds the human soul in high regard and considers the attack against one human being a grave sin.

Please stop lying. Go and tell that to the 9//11 , 7/7, Jos , Maiduguri, Somalia, Syria , Afghanistan etc etc ect victims !!!!

The Holy Qur'an warns: "Whoever killed a person not in retaliation of murder or in spreading mischief in the land it would be as if he killed all mankind and if anyone saved one life it would be as if he saved all mankind" (Qur'an 5: 32). Prophet Muhammad said "Whoever hurts a dhimee (a Jew or a Christian protected by Islamic state) he would be like hurting me and who hurts me, he hurts God."

Another lie, this is applicable to Muslims ONLY and they daily disobey it, shia killing sunni and vice versa, except of course the sunni do not consider the shia as muslims

The act of terrorism is a dirty political act and cannot be a religious act. Many American Muslims have been killed in this tragedy and many Muslim firefighters have died trying to rescue people. We pray to God to help the victims and their families and join the nation to have the perpetrators be brought swiftly to justice.

True, Islam is both political and religous
Re: Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2011
How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them.
Qur'an 7:4

Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."
Qur'an 8:12

If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember.
Qur'an 8:57

It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
Qur'an 8:67

And those of the People of the Book who aided them - Allah did take them down from their strongholds and[b] cast terror into their hearts. (So that) some ye slew[/b], and some ye made prisoners.
Qur'an 33:26

It is He Who got out the Unbelievers among the People of the Book from their homes at the first gathering (of the forces). Little did ye think that they would get out: And they thought that their fortresses would defend them from Allah! But the (Wrath of) Allah came to them from quarters from which they little expected (it), and cast terror into their hearts, so that they destroyed their dwellings by their own hands and the hands of the Believers, take warning, then, O ye with eyes (to see)!

Hadith

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and[b] I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy)[/b], and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).
Sahih Bukhari 4:52:220

Narrated Anas: The Prophet offered the Fajr Prayer near Khaibar when it was still dark and then said, "Allahu-Akbar! Khaibar is destroyed, for whenever we approach a (hostile) nation (to fight), then evil will be the morning for those who have been warned." Then the inhabitants of Khaibar came out running on the roads. The Prophet had their warriors killed, their offspring and woman taken as captives. Safiya was amongst the captives, She first came in the share of Dahya Alkali but later on she belonged to the Prophet . The Prophet made her manumission as her 'Mahr'.
Sahih Bukhari 5:59:512

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "I have been given the keys of eloquent speech and given victory with awe (cast into the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping last night, the keys of the treasures of the earth were brought to me till they were put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle left (this world) and now you people are carrying those treasures from place to place.
Sahih Bukhari 9:87:127

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: I have been helped by terror (in the heart of the enemy); I have been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning; and while I was asleep I was brought the keys of the treasures of the earth which were placed in my hand.
Sahih Muslim 4:1066

After the Messenger had finished with the Khaybar Jews, Allah cast terror into the hearts of the Jews in Fadak when they received news of what Allah had brought upon Khaybar. Fadak became the exclusive property of Allah’s Messenger.
Tabari VIII 129

We have been dealt a situation from which there is no escape. You have seen what Muhammad has done. Arabs have submitted to him and we do not have the strength to fight. You know that no herd is safe from him. And no one even dares go outside for fear of being terrorized.
Tabari IX 42

Muhammad carried arms, helmets, and spears. He led a hundred horses, appointing Bahir to be in charge of the weapons and Maslamah to be in charge of the horses. When the Quraysh received word of this, it frightened them.
Tabari VIII 138

After the Messenger had finished with the Khaybar Jews, Allah cast terror into the hearts of the Jews [/b]in Fadak when they received news of what Allah had brought upon Khaybar. Fadak became the exclusive property of Allah’s Messenger.
Tabari VIII 129
If you come upon them, deal so forcibly as to terrify those who would follow, that they may be warned. [b]Make a severe example of them by terrorizing Allah’s enemies.

Ishaq 326

Allah said, ‘No Prophet before Muhammad took booty from his enemy nor prisoners for ransom.’ Muhammad said, ‘I was made victorious with terror. The earth was made a place for me to clean. I was given the most powerful words. Booty was made lawful for me. I was given the power to intercede. These five privileges were awarded to no prophet before me.’
Ishaq 326

Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.’
Ishaq 327

When the Apostle looked down on Khaybar he told his Companions, ‘O Allah, Lord of the Devils and what into error they throw, and Lord of the winds and what they winnow, we ask Thee for the booty of this town and its people. Forward in the name of Allah.’ He used to say this of every town he raided.
Ishaq 510
Re: Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2011
Please be not deceived , by peace he will deceive many !!!

"He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power." - Daniel 8:25
Re: Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven by Sweetnecta: 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2011
@Frosbel: Let me cast on your disbelieving herat for a moment; read what the world is thinking and using Jesus to do.

[Quote]Hadith

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).
Sahih Bukhari 4:52:220
[/Quote]www.jehovahs-witness.net/61818/1 -
Jesus said-- those who did not want me as king, bring them before me and slaughter them [luke 19:27

Man Uses Bible Defense for Domestic Abuse Charges
www.bluegartr.com › Forum › General › General Discussion - Cached
20 posts - 15 authors - Last post: Aug 10
A Halifax man who thinks he's Jesus and tried to use the Bible to defend , to represent himself, and said he didn't refer to himself as Jesus during his , who does not recognize me, bring them before me and slaughter them ,
Re: Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 19, 2011
oluface:

hilarious  grin grin grin Someone should give this guy a history lesson.
Re: Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven by LagosShia: 2:55am On Aug 19, 2011
[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: Terrorism Not The Way To Heaven by LagosShia: 3:03am On Aug 19, 2011
Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

(1) (Reply)

A Word Is Enough / The Initiator,the Enjoyment In Christ And The Constitution Of The Spirit / Say Your Prayers Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.