Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,157 members, 7,860,144 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:41 AM

Doubling Gasket To Protect Verve As A Result Of Timing Belt Is It Okay?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Doubling Gasket To Protect Verve As A Result Of Timing Belt Is It Okay?? (533 Views)

My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday / 'Are You Okay, You Call This A Car?' – Lady Rages At Boyfriend Over Car Gift / 5 Causes Of Timing Chain Noise In Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doubling Gasket To Protect Verve As A Result Of Timing Belt Is It Okay?? by chriatia6: 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
Please house I was using tow gasket and now my mechanic is advising me to use three inferior gasket to protect my verve because I am surfring from timing belt breakout. Is it okay? What are the consequences of using three instead of one or two thanks
Re: Doubling Gasket To Protect Verve As A Result Of Timing Belt Is It Okay?? by kingreign(m): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2022
chriatia6:
Please house I was using tow gasket and now my mechanic is advising me to use three inferior gasket to protect my verve because I am surfring from timing belt breakout. Is it okay? What are the consequences of using three instead of one or two thanks

What car is this?
Re: Doubling Gasket To Protect Verve As A Result Of Timing Belt Is It Okay?? by chriatia6: 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2022
Mitsubishi lancer GL16 wagon
Re: Doubling Gasket To Protect Verve As A Result Of Timing Belt Is It Okay?? by chriatia6: 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
Please house I was using tow gasket and now my mechanic is advising me to use three inferior gasket to protect my verve because I am surfring from timing belt breakout. Is it okay? What are the consequences of using three instead of one or two thanks mitsubishi lancer GL16 wagon
Re: Doubling Gasket To Protect Verve As A Result Of Timing Belt Is It Okay?? by nurey(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
chriatia6:
Please house I was using tow gasket and now my mechanic is advising me to use three inferior gasket to protect my verve because I am surfring from timing belt breakout. Is it okay? What are the consequences of using three instead of one or two thanks mitsubishi lancer GL16 wagon

It is cheaper to source for original timing belt, shouldn't exceed 15k, check the pulleys and ensure oil isn't getting to timing belt chamber.

The belt keeps giving way because something is wrong around that side.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota RAV4 2008 Model Needed Urgently!! / Start Your Uber And Taxify,we Offer Car Loan... / Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars. Thermostat And Thermistor Basic Function

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.