Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday (35983 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / Blown Head Gasket: Detailed Explanation / Ondo State Auto Rally Ends As Car Almost Got Burnt During Competition (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Spray(m): 6:53am On Oct 25, 2022
Pipe supplying water from radiator to engine got bad and I didn't take notice on-time. So they were limited supply of water.

And I was careless to check my temperature at the dashboard.

I called my mechanic and he said my top gasket got burnt. He said if we get it replaced, it will be alright.

My friend who's in to car dealing business said he can help me sell it and get another car.

What's you take about this? Continue with the car or sell it?

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Oblongata: 7:05am On Oct 25, 2022
You must have poured water in the radiator before the engine was absolutely cool.

I believe you should change the gasket and sell it.

Don’t even try and buy half engine; just change the whole engine if you want to continue enjoying that car. But engine is very costly (like 500) so you best just replace the gasket and sell it off

I wish someone had told me this about my Camry 2010 3 years ago. Replaced it with half engine and eventually sold it as peanuts

28 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Spray(m): 7:06am On Oct 25, 2022
Oblongata:
You must have poured water in the radiator before the engine was absolutely cool.

I believe you should change the gasket and sell it.

Don’t even try and buy half engine; just change the whole engine if you want to continue enjoying that car. But engine is very costly (like 500) so you best just replace the gasket and sell it off

Okay. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by advanceDNA: 7:08am On Oct 25, 2022
Ordinary overheating??.. its a small matter naaa..the usual thing is to change the gasket....

U sound like u have too much money..make we call EFCC?? grin

Ur friend want to rip you off...

143 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Oblongata: 7:14am On Oct 25, 2022
advanceDNA:
Oradinary overheating??.. its a small matter naaa..the usual thing is to change the gasket....

Not all mechanics can successfully change the gasket of a vehicle excellently.

That car will never remain the same again…

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Tokskob2008: 7:15am On Oct 25, 2022
advanceDNA:
Oradinary overheating??.. its a small matter naaa..the usual thing is to change the gasket....

Lol, me sef they think so too. Gasket got burnt, no be to buy another one and solve the overheating problem? why sell and buy another car entirely when it's not that the engine got knocked

Too much money dey worry the op.,.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Spray(m): 7:18am On Oct 25, 2022
advanceDNA:

Boss I be jjc may be na why grin grin

7 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Spray(m): 7:20am On Oct 25, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Lol, me sef they think so too. Gasket got burnt, no be to buy another one and solve the overheating problem? why sell and buy another car entirely when it's not that the engine got knocked

Too much money dey worry the op.,.

The mechanic even "on" the car back and sound was very okay. He said we should still change the gasket as it the normal thing to do. Because the gasket is not like before

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by samintegrity(m): 7:24am On Oct 25, 2022
Oblongata:

I want to agree with this comment, My Honda element gasket got burnt.

Changed the gasket and the SUV never remained the same again.

First, it sounds a bit louder than before...
Now am getting some strange whistling sound from engine

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Spray(m): 7:26am On Oct 25, 2022
samintegrity:

I want to agree with this comment, My Honda element gasket got burnt.

Changed the gasket and the SUV never remained the same again.

First, it sounds a bit louder than before...
Now am getting some strange whistling sound from engine

After changing of gasket, how many months did you used it?
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Tokskob2008: 7:33am On Oct 25, 2022
Spray:

The mechanic even "on" the car back and sound was very okay. He said we should still change the gasket as it the normal thing to do. Because the gasket is not like before

All you have to do is too change the gasket since the engine sound is very ok and working perfect.

To the guys that had the experience of the "not so good" engine function even after changing the gasket, it may be that the burnt gasket already affected the engine before even they noticed the problem and change the gasket.

13 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by advanceDNA: 7:34am On Oct 25, 2022
Oblongata:

I dont get you....so the solution is to sell the car just because some mechanics cant change top gasket......ordinary top gasket that you wont enter inside engine...okay be like u be the op's friend

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by samintegrity(m): 7:36am On Oct 25, 2022
Spray:

After changing of gasket, how many months did you used it?

Just a month bro and am already getting all series of noise coming from the engine..

It used to be very quiet before, now the noise dey annoy me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by samintegrity(m): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2022
Tokskob2008:

All you have to do is too change the gasket since the engine sound is very ok and working perfect.

To the guys that had the experience of the "not so good" engine function even after changing the gasket, it may be that the burnt gasket already affected the engine before even they noticed the problem and change the gasket.

Probably...

In my own case bro, there was no overheating...

I only got to know when we wanted to check the oil gauge, then I noticed a milky creamy substance,

My oil had turned milky, even the radiator coolant had turned same milky .

Which suggest water had mixed with the engine oil.

Very painful.

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Spray(m): 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
advanceDNA:

Thank you so much, the mechanic replaced the top gasket, changed my engine oil and it's working very fine.

28 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Spray(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Thanks alot. My mechanic changed the top gasket and my engine oil. Its working fine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by advanceDNA: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2022
Spray:

Thank you so much, the mechanic replaced the top gasket, changed my engine oil and it's working very fine.

Enjoy ur car jaré

26 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Pickmycall: 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Spray:

Una suppose to dey gift Monika's wey give solutions to una cars.If no be NL families most of una for follow wrong advice from mechanics or friends wey won exploit una.Kudo sha

22 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by sultaan(m): 1:19am On Oct 26, 2022
I guess you did not see the smoke coming out of the bonnet.

How hot did it get and for how long?

You may just have to fill it up again with water, purge air out of the system and you are good to go.

11 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Angrygoat: 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
One gasket burns,next is valve seals,be getting ready to sell it. Overheating on aluminium engine,war

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by vivalavida(m): 9:20am On Oct 27, 2022
Angrygoat:
One gasket burns,next is valve seals,be getting ready to sell it. Overheating on aluminium engine,war

You must not always ruin a person's day.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Kanoski(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2022
Angrygoat:
Bitter truths here and there

1 Like

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Spray(m): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2022
vivalavida:

You must not always ruin a person's day.
I'm not even taking him seriously. Me wey don begin cruise my ride

37 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Brendaniel: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
It is well
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by buygala(m): 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ok
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
Your car's engine operates in extreme conditions with intense heat.
If this heat becomes more than normal, your engine can overheat causing a blown head gasket.
The extra heat results in the cylinder head and engine block expanding too much which results in a failure in the head gasket.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by buygala(m): 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2022
Spray:

I'm not even taking him seriously. Me wey don begin cruise my ride

Going forward, frequently glance at your dashboard signs while driving, especially your engine oil, gear, brake and temp guage..like every 3 minutes or so..That simple act can save you very expensive repairs.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Tayorshd2(m): 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2022
This is super story ..

So after.it got burnt what next bro

1 Like

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by chloride6: 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2022
Replace engine or replace car..

Don't resurface that block and change gasket.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by jaxxy(m): 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2022
Always observe ur instrument cluster readings. it updates u about necessary information before hand.

in bmw's or more intelligent cars a malfunction alarm would ring to get ur attention to check ur car information.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC / Banker Crushed To Death By BRT Bus / 12 Steps To Clear A Car Through Nigeria Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.