Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,248 members, 7,829,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

“We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. (7597 Views)

Amotekun Arrests 120 Suspects In ‘Operation Clean Up’ Exercise In Ondo / Imota Rice Mill: LASG Calls For Strategic Partners In Operation And Management / Army Denies Closing Maiduguri-monguno Road (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by Penguin2: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
The Nigerian Liquified Natural Gas Company, NLNG, has refuted news going rounds that it has closed operations after it declared Force Majeure due to flooding.

Recall that rumour had started flying round that there would soon be scarcity of cooking gas due to their closing down which has driven people into panic buying.

I can confirm that today at my place of work, our kitchen department was instructed to go refill their unfinished gas cylinders just so we don’t get cut up in the scarcity.

We are still in operation!

Our attention has been brought to media reports, following the issuance of a statement declaring Force Majeure on Monday 17th October 2022, that operations at its facilities have been shut down due to flood.

To correct some misinformation on the declaration, we would like to clarify:

1. The Company’s plant is in operation though at a limited capacity, due to reduced gas supply from some of its upstream gas suppliers.

2. None of NLNG’s assets on Bonny Island or in any of its host communities are impacted by the flood. The Force Majeure is as a consequence of a similar notice by Upstream Gas Suppliers due to the impact of flood in their production facilities.

3. NLNG is working with all critical stakeholders on mitigating the impact on product deliveries.

4. NLNG continues to supply LPG to the domestic market for now from the limited production.

We continue to monitor the situation with Upstream Gas Suppliers and are evaluating the impact of the flood on its business.
#NLNG

https://twitter.com/nigeriaLNG/status/1583455077788160000?t=xaO742ThJgy9h84bWAci6g&s=08

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by Omooooooo: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2022
Mtchewww, see this one ooooo

Is there any sector in Nigeria that is in operation?

Even the country is down and you are there shouting you are still in operation with increase in gas almost everyday

An average Nigeria can not afford it any longer and yet you call that operation?

I pray some sectors understand the meaning of in operation before claiming they are in operation

Living dead sectors

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by Ively: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2022
The Company’s plant is in operation though at a limited capacity, due to reduced gas supply from some of its upstream gas suppliers

8 Likes

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by oluwasegun007(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2022
You better not try rough play.....

The price is high already.

1 Like

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by whitemand4(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2022
Retailers wan use the opportunity hike price

5 Likes

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by urbobo20(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2022
I doubt the credibility of that initial release story . Cause bonny is salt water just like esravoce . Flood don't easily attack community in salt water even Delta state that's is worst heat after bayelsa have started having light. Again. Thigh there still flood inside otorogun gas plant here in otor udu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by Callmeflakky(f): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2022
Damn..
Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by jojothaiv(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2022
grin grin

Sadly, the rumours have some element of truth.....
Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by Freestainworld(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2022
Let them close so we can all go back to firewood era

3 Likes

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by KingGBsky(m): 10:15am On Oct 22, 2022
When
Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by KingGBsky(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2022
When will anything ever work in Nigeria under Buhari?
Cooking gas that has been nothing less than #3,500 for so many years it reached Buhari’s turn he changed it to #10,000. Buhari is an economy destroyer.

11 Likes

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by larryUG(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2022
urbobo20:
I doubt the credibility of that initial release story . Cause bonny is salt water just like esravoce . Flood don't easily attack community in salt water
Lol. Nigerians still do not understand this issue. NLNG declared force majeure due to shortage of gas from its feeders. NLNG gets gas from gas stations (Shell, Total, Agip, NPDC, etc). These gas stations are located further inland and their operations are impacted by the flood leading some of the stations to shut down. the shut down affected gas supply to Bonny Plant. That is why there is force majeure. Not that flood affected NLNG plant in Bonny

5 Likes

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by Mummyfour(f): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2022
When I heard the news initially, I carried my 2 cylinders and went to the gas plant.
Infact I was at their gate by 7an grin.
I had to wait for them to come and resume
And after buying the gas, I went to queue for fuel for 3 hours at nnpc asokoro.

I still ended up buying black market after the whole time wasted queuing.

Nigeria is a very difficult place to live o.
We are really suffering in this country.
Every thing just be suffering and smiling.
But my hope is that one day we shall smile again

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by Simeonjoe1: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2022
angry

Nigerians will cause their own downfall.
The economic depression in 9ja will be from Nigerians.
Do you know that parading rumors and bad economic news can have adverse effects on the economy itself?

9ja is doom to fail.

3 Likes

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by cawc: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2022
When i read some comments or headlines here i wonder why this news emanates from this type of junk journalism has been going on here for ages i means more than 10 years now and i would only respond when it affects my area of expertise
I currently sits on an Asset that support NLNG and there has not been a day without gas transmission to the Plant. I wonder the panic the writer is trying to create with this sensational journalism......this is dangerous and i can tell you this was the same reckless reporting during the days of the militancy

2 Likes

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by CheapHomes1: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2022
Freestainworld:
Let them close so we can all go back to firewood era

And you think you will see the firewood

3 Likes

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by Simeonjoe1: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2022
cawc:
When i read some comments or headlines here i wonder why this news emanates from this type of junk journalism has been going on here for ages i means more than 10 years now and i would only respond when it affects my area of expertise
I currently sits on an Asset that support NLNG and there has not been a day without gas transmission to the Plant. I wonder the panic the writer is trying to create with this sensational journalism......this is dangerous and i can tell you this was the same reckless reporting during the days of the militancy
Same thing I'm saying here. Nigerians will be the doom of 9ja economy. People fails to understand the gravity of impact rumors and other bad reports can have on the economy and rate of growth.
The fact is >30% of 9ja economic woes can be curb just by eliminating rumors and bad reportage.

3 Likes

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by harmargedon: 10:29am On Oct 22, 2022
They are already sharpening their greedy palms to start selling for 1000, due to scarcity grin grin grin grin
Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by Freestainworld(m): 10:30am On Oct 22, 2022
CheapHomes1:

And you think you will see the firewood
why not, since we can't afford anything these days
Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by harmargedon: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2022
Freestainworld:
go and price firewood first.

1 Like

Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by urbobo20(m): 10:32am On Oct 22, 2022
Even before flood came most this gas supplier are not active example shell npdc it's only agip that's was pumping that why u see the activity of bunkering has reduced
Re: “We Are Still In Operation!” NLNG Denies Closing Operations. by CheapHomes1: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2022
Freestainworld:

What makes you think you will have easy access to firewood if it was the only option in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Judgement Against Rivers APC Guber Candidate, Tonye Cole / Ejikeme P. Nwosu Develops Process For Producing Flammable Gases From Urine / Pictures Of Bandits Roaming The Streets Of Katsina Fully Armed-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.