Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP (994 Views)

Channels TV , AIT, Obidients LP Dozed Off At PEPT / Why Are Obidients So Heartless? (pictures) / 99% Of My Colleagues Are Obidients - Peter Psquare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by ShowYourCertificate: 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2022
The Labour Party on Friday claimed that Nigeria’s Under 17 team, popularly known as Flamingos are supporters of its presidential candidate, Mr Peter Obi.

Recall that the under-17 girls qualified for the semi-finals of this year’s U-17 women’s World Cup, after beating the USA on penalties in Friday’s quarter-finals.

In a viral video, the girls were heard chanting Obi while celebrating their victory against the USA.

The Labour Party took to its official Twitter handle to claim that the Flamingos are supporters of Peter Obi.

Sharing a video of the girls, LP wrote, “Nigeria under 17 girls are all OBIdients”.

“Watch them chant Peter Obi’s name after today’s victory against the USA in the women’s world cup quarter-finals. Peter Obi is coming"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKRxpfYmhU
https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/21/theyre-all-obidients-labour-party-hails-flamingos-as-they-chant-obi-video/

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by kestolove95(m): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2022
Pls igbos should not bring politics into football, that's the only thing that unite us

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by lhordspy: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2022
Under 17 girls without PVC to vote.

Labour party is successfully turning Nigeria politics into a joke, a comedy show just for cruise.

The way they glorify irrelevant things and always want to use it to trends says alot about the mentality of the candidate, the supporters and the people running the party.

That isnt even a song, but a gyration that has been in existence even before Labour party as a party was created. It is use to ginger moral or celebrate football victories on the street. It rang all through the entire Nigeria street even after Nigeria won gold in Atlanta 96.

I think Labour party and its supporters are not only desperate and delusional but also possess . angry

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Abdul05: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
lhordspy:

Labour party is successfully turning Nigeria politics into a joke, a comedy show just for cruise.

The way they glorify irrelevant things and always want to use it to trends says alot about the mentality of the candidate, the supporters and the people running the party.

those ones are children.... grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by WibusJaga: 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2022

Both the young & old want Obi to win. Those against him are doing so because of Tribal/Religious/Party sentiments & financial inducements.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2022
kestolove95:
Pls igbos should not bring politics into football, that's the only thing that unite us

Why should it only be sport... elect the right people and more would unite nigerians...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by NigerianAngelo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2022
His Excellency, President Peter Obi.

We move.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Eriokanmi: 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2022
Na who no like beta tin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by ShowYourCertificate: 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2022
kestolove95:
This has nothing to do with the Igbos. This is just stating the obvious. Those girls were chanting "Obi Kererenke". We could all hear it. Just the same way we heard people chanting the same chorus during Atiku's rally in Akwa Ibom. And the Flamingos are not made up of only Igbos, there is a very sizable amount of Yorubas and other tribes in that team.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Eriokanmi: 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
kestolove95:
Hope you know all Nigerian tribes are represented in our national team. Please don't be a bigot. Aisan buruku ni bigotry.

They're Nigerians who know the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by funshint(m): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2022
Shebi Labour will pay their money....it's the coach I blame for this indiscipline. Nobody should later cry about unpaid allowance grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Nightwolf1: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
The girls knew the right song that gives hope grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by ShowYourCertificate: 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2022
lhordspy:

That isnt even a song, but a gyration that has been in existence even before Labour party as a party was created. It is use to ginger moral or celebrate football victories on the street. It rang all through the entire Nigeria street even after Nigeria won gold in Atlanta 96.

I think Labour party and its supporters are not only desperate and delusional but also possess . angry

If it is just gyration, why don't you recommend APC use it in their rallies. Let me ask you a question, will you sleep well if people in APC rallies start chanting "Obi Kererenke"? grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by lhordspy: 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
ShowYourCertificate:
If it is just gyration, why don't you recommend APC use it in their rallies. Let me ask you a question, will you sleep well if people in APC rallies start chanting "Obi Kererenke"? grin

How old are you, for a starter?
I dont think you are upto 19years of age. No wonder you think everything 'Obi' starts and end with your candidate.

Sorry to say, go home and ask people far above your age.
Play the gyration - 'Obi' to them. And tell them to educate you about its history. They will tell you it has been in existence even before you metarmorphous from sperm to zygote.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by ShowYourCertificate: 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2022
lhordspy:

Bros, I'm sorry my age is irrelevant in this discuss. Answer my question: will you be okay if "Obi Kererenke" is being chanted by people in APC rallies? grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by ShowYourCertificate: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2022
funshint:
Shebi Labour will pay their money....it's the coach I blame for this indiscipline. Nobody should later cry about unpaid allowance grin
There will be consequences. I won't be surprised if someone is sacked or a disciplinary meeting is called for this video. Which is actually sad. But I know Peter Obi will reinstall or pardon those affected once he gets into office.
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by ShowYourCertificate: 2:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
lhordspy:

I dont think you are upto 19years of age. No wonder you think everything 'Obi' starts and end with your candidate.

Play the gyration - 'Obi' to them. And tell them to educate you about its history. They will tell you it has been in existence even before you metarmorphous from sperm to zygote.
So based on your response, you will be 100% okay if the Obi gyration is chorused in APC rallies. Interesting. The optics (and phonics, if i might add) is really not looking good grin
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Treasure663(f): 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
That's great

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Obidient4life3: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2022
kestolove95:
LP is now Igbo party? Urchins should get sense for once! All those players are Igbos? You are extremely daft!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
Thats to show there will be progress
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by DSC7: 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2022
Every hardworking Nigerian wants Peter Obi to be the next president...

Our flamingos will bring home the cup and dedicate it to Peter Obi...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by AlafinofEnugu(m): 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
Do they av PVC grin grin
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Okoroawusa: 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
Obi kerenke is a song that has been in existence before anyone on Nairaland was born.

No wonder Nnamdi Kanu was able to deceive you people for over five years
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by paramakina202: 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2022
funshint:

You wicked o grin
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Vote4Obi: 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2022
Every sensible and patriotic Nigerian is passionately supporting Peter Obi because they know he is the best. However, only agberos, urchins, sadists, evil, corrupt, selfish and wicked souls are supporting Tinubu.

May evil never triumph over good!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by ScamHunter: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
They know ...the girls know who people align with in Nigeria and fortune smiles on them. They also know those that would just make a phone call and they crash out.

Peter Obi makes good things happen to boys, girls, men and women.

Even children...
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Tochj(m): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
kestolove95:
Which one be Igbo again
This na Nigeria girls who want beta future.
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by inoki247: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2022
if truly they're 17 dem no get PVC so make dem dey make noise online...
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Racoon(m): 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
Abeg! Labour Party should stop this one. This is a national team for goodness sake. They are representing a country and not a political party.
Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Ddokie: 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2022
lhordspy:

Stop sewing words together to make a useless statement. Just answer the simple question the guy asked you.

You sound like the one who is under 19 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Under-17 Girls, The Flamingos, Are Obidients - LP by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
Tina00writer:
Thats to show there will be progress

I missed you oo...how have you been?

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Education Is Not An Expense, But An Investment. / FCT Authorities Displace Durumi IDP Camp After Obi's Visit- Oseloka Obaze(photo) / Peter Obi & Datti Arrive Palace Of Emir Of Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.