Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? (7084 Views)

Poll: SHould There Be A Law?

Yes: 48% (48 votes)
No: 52% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab / Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries / What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by xynerise: 9:38am On Aug 19, 2011
The rate of indecent dressing is increasing in Nigeria. The number of guys and gals showing off their underwear is becoming unbearable even inside the church. There should be a law that states that anyone seen in such appearance will be giving 24 strokes of cane by any policeman or military men that caught them. This I believe will reduce it. I know people will criticize this thread. grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by r231(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2011
you can srt reporting them to the police grin grin grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by tushutt(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2011
xynerise:

The rate of indecent dressing is increasing in Nigeria. The number of guys and gals showing off their underwear is becoming unbearable even inside the church. There should be a law that states that anyone seen in such appearance will be giving 24 strokes of cane by any policeman or military men that caught them. This I believe will reduce it. I know people will criticize this thread. grin
Imagine the pastor mrs asking everyone to stand up and the first person up is your john thomas grin grin grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2011
xynerise:

Go zone two go announce am.

Mtcheewww!! Human rights will not allow it jare undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by kemisuga(f): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2011
Funny Thread grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by haliruali(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]its very unfortunate how some gals dress 2 work, religious places, ceremonies etc. I believe dat charity begins at home.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by tunnytox(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2011
@OP
get a job
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 11:54am On Aug 19, 2011
kemisuga:

Funny Thread grin grin grin grin grin

whats really funny about it undecided undecided
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by amblors(m): 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
Since when should adults not be allowed to dress how they want to OUTSIDE?

If its within a company/organisation, they could their own dresscode

but for the rest of the public NO.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by amblors(m): 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2011
Same way i heard a US governorship aspirant say things along the line of

people with Bad Eating habits would be fined.

Thats like a fine against being Obese. SMH
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by BashMe1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2011
@ Subject Initiator, U sef waka naked na, nobody dey stop u,  grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by kruku: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2011
@ Pinkrex,
it is this human right that has finished american society today.
1. right for a man to marry another man and woman to woman.
2. right for father or mother not to beat the child.
africa must do our own thing by our own way!
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by amblors(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^^
Like Uganda sitting to sentence "gay" to death?

That is just Cruel man.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by N101: 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2011
There doesn't need to be a law. Simply do not allow people who are "indecently dressed" into workplaces or churches. Once those institutions have set the rules, people will have no choice but to comply.

@ kruku - human rights has its place, but this is not one of them. If not, I'm sure it would be ok in the US to still discriminate against you because of the colour of your skin.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 12:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
kruku:

@ Pinkrex,
it is this human right that has finished american society today.
1. right for a man to marry another man and woman to woman.
2. right for father or mother not to beat the child.
africa must do our own thing by our own way!

Start by intimidating or molesting your own family members lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Are you saying there are or other ways of dealing with such things apart from your prescribed system?

BTW that has never ceased from the African or Nigerian to be precise system. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by seunlayi(m): 12:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
cruelty as it was done in the stone age, Not at this age
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2011
@Poster, there should be a LAW against Men with Wandering and Lustful eyes angry
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2011
This World is giving to Us by God with the Freedom to do what is right or wrong, so if u know what is right, do it, but for Law, that is silly, we are not in a Sharia State and dont need anyone to force you to his/her will
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by amblors(m): 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@Poster, there should be a LAW against Men with Wandering and Lustful eyes angry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by Amjustme: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
Aint there better laws to pass, most of these guys going about dressed dis way r jobless youths looking for all d attention they can get
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^HELP FIGHT THE ILL MENTALITY ESPECAILY PECULIAR TO THE LADIES.^^

THIS IS IN LINE WITH MY POST THAT HIT THE FRONT PAGE SOME WHILE AGO TITLED 'SKIMPY DRESSES IN THE HOUSE OF GOD'

KEEP IT UP BRO. XYNERISE
cool cool
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by adconline(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
OP must really be a man!
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by BodyKiss(m): 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2011
He even created a poll for it, moderfucker. angry
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by Princek12(m): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2011
xynerise:

I guess some Nigerians like you are used to being treated like animals and deprived of their freedom to the extent that you are now askingthe government to treat you like an animal and take your freedom away.

Showing off a lil bit of underwear should not be punishable if it is not so extreme and outrageous and does not pass the boundaries of decency; and even if there were a law that bans showing off your underwear, why didn't you recommend imposing a fine as punishment rather than giving 24 strokes by military men.

You are an animal who belongs in the zoo.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2011
Princek12:

You are an animal who belongs in the zoo.

you are an animal who belongs 'to' the zoo

No offense grin grin grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

you are an animal who belongs 'to' the zoo

No offense grin grin grin

NO OFFEINCE U MEANT?? cool cool
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

NO OFFEINCE U MEANT?? cool cool

we both blundered again grin grin grin 'offence'
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by blank(f): 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
I thought Lagos state had that law once upon a time. What happened to it?
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

we both blundered again grin grin grin 'offence'

here in NL the correct spelling is 'OFFEINCE' guy
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

here in NL the correct spelling is 'OFFEINCE' guy

Propounded buy you or seun?? angry
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by hefner: 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2011
pls note: guys too dress indecently. i hv seen a lot of junks in the trunk all in d name of "sagging" and it is really disgusting, undecided.ewww!
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by xynerise: 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2011
^ did I mention only gals? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help My Face Is Getting Darker!!!! / The Truth About Brazilian Hair / The Top Benefits Of Aloe Vera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.