Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Does She Have A Right? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does She Have A Right? (1585 Views)

When Does She Mean That "Seeing You Reminds me Of My Husband"? / I Made 3 Meals For My Mother-in-law | Does She Think I Am A Terrible Cook??? / My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does She Have A Right? by Godmother(f): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2022
Guys, my landlady just called me now that my utility bills are due.

I pay 18k biannually in the following break down:

Lawma 1k
Security 1k
Sweeping 1k

That's 3k monthly for six months.

However, I've been out of the house for five months. I'm pregnant and currently at my mom's because in so sick.

Am I required to pay this money even though I've been out of the house for months?

She also talked about NEPA bills and we use prepaid. Normally I pay 3,500 monthly. Am I also required to pay for the months I didn't use?

I'm so pissed right now

Someone versed in this affair should come to my aid, please.
Re: Does She Have A Right? by Ahmed0336(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2022
You'll have to pay some not all though.
Pay for only security, but for sweeping, lawma and electricity I think you can talk to her let her see reasons why you shouldn't pay.

7 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by PlayMaker14: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
Don't give out a single dime, nor give her shishi.... Paying for what you did not use is injustice.

If she's compelling you to pay, tell her you are not paying anything in a calm and convincing way.

You nor go fear cow, come fear E shit join na... Haba!!

5 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by oluwaseyi0: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2022
You will have to pay everything

You will pay security because even when you are not around the security guys didn't stop their work

You will pay lawma because lawma bill is estimated bill, lawna won't reduce bill for the simol entire house because you are not around, except each room/flat is paying lawma bill separately then you can personally engage lawma

You will pay nepa expect the house is using prepaid otherwise nepa will use number of room or flat to estimate bill

18 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by PlayMaker14: 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

You will pay
Pay for wetin she nor use?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does She Have A Right? by Godmother(f): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

You will pay security because even when you are not around the security guys didn't stop their work

There's no single security. Stayed there for three months before moving to my mom's. Even the sweeping it's her young son of 13 that does it twice a week. And she collects 1k monthly for that. I just didn't say anything cos I felt the money will be used to encourage the young chap (although she collects 1k from all tenants).

She having it tough with the other tenants and have even given them quit notice. Guess she wants to do the same to me.
Re: Does She Have A Right? by oluwaseyi0: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
PlayMaker14:

How is she not using it? The security keeps guiding all the apartment in my estate either you are around or not

If you don't want to be a tenant simply pack out and let people who want to be tenant pack in, not that you will lock your room then lawma will continue to bring bill for the entire house or do you submit letter to lawma to reduce bill because you ain't around

5 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by jaeyking(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2022
Pay for all except nepa

Because since you said you have not been around for 6 months
But if any of your device such as refrigerator was on all this while.
You will have to pay.

Security is a necessity even if you are around or not. Sweeping too.

Don't stay in Lagos so don't really know about lawma

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right? by RepoMan007: 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Don't give out a single dime, nor give her shishi.... Paying for what you did not use is injustice.

If she's compelling you to pay, tell her you are not paying anything in a calm and convincing way.

You nor go fear cow, come fear E shit join na... Haba!!
Without security her place can be visited by bad boys. She can pay that one.

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right? by PlayMaker14: 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

How is not using it? The security keeps guiding all the apartment in my estate either you are around or not

If you don't want to be a tenant simply pack out and let people who want to be tenant pack in, not that you will lock your room then lawma will continue to brink bill for the entire house or do you submit letter to lawma to reduce bill because you ain't around
She said there's no security.... Na God dey guide dem for the compound...

So which bill do you want her to pay?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does She Have A Right? by PlayMaker14: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
RepoMan007:
Without security her place can visited by bad boys. She can pay that one.
She said no security....

So what is she paying for again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does She Have A Right? by mespusinglez(m): 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2022
THE LANDLADY DEY MENT ABI NA WETIN NA...NONSENSE AND INGREDENT
PAY FOR ONLY LAWMA AND SECURITY...
Re: Does She Have A Right? by oluwaseyi0: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
Godmother:

There's no single security. Stayed there for three months before moving to my mom's. Even the sweeping it's her young son of 13 that does it twice a week. And she collects 1k monthly for that. I just didn't say anything cos I felt the money will be used to encourage the young chap (although she collects 1k from all tenants).

She having it tough with the other tenants and have even given them quit notice. Guess she wants to do the same to me.

PlayMaker14:
She said there's no security.... Na God dey guide dem for the compound...

So which bill do you want her to pay?

Saying you are not going to pay for security because there is no security and saying you are not going to pay because you are not around are two different things that shouldn't be mixed together

If you are not going to pay because you can't see security personnel, simply engage her on that and you may have a point, don't expect you not been around to be an added advantage in that fight infact you not been around is more reason to pay security fee unless you met your room bugled

Concerning sweeping if you (all tenants) feel she is overcharging engaged her in how to reduce it or better still bring in someone else to do the sweeping and you guys handle payment directly to the new sweeper

Concerning NEPA you will still pay unless you can prove that NEPA actually brought in a reduced bill when you are not around compare to when you are around else you will be making other tenants add your own nepa bill to theirs

I guess when you rent expires you will tell the landlady you were not around hence you won't renew the full house rent you will just pay 50%

5 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by pipnator00(m): 6:17pm On Oct 22, 2022
A house is meant for the protection and housing of LIVES and PROPERTY.
If you haven't been in the house but your properties are in it, YES you are required to pay for all utilities necessary.
However, you can ask for concession and out of your landlady's benevolence, she might afford you that privilege.

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right? by Mekzmoney(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
The only money you're supposed to pay is for security..... As for others, they are talking in the nonsense. grin
Godmother:

Lawma 1k
Security 1k
Sweeping 1k

However, I've been out of the house for five months. I'm pregnant and currently at my mom's because in so sick.

Am I required to pay this money even though I've been out of the house for months?

She also talked about NEPA bills and we use prepaid. Normally I pay 3,500 monthly. Am I also required to pay for the months I didn't use?

I'm so pissed right now

. Especially for the nepa bill. As long as you are using prepaid, you have no right to pay a dime for those months you were absent.. They even still owe you for the 3500 you paid, except you guys finished the unit before you left cheesy..... If your landlady is dumb and stupid then call people to enlighten her. Abi you left your fridge on grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does She Have A Right? by BirtherOfKings(f): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
Godmother:

Lawma 1k
Security 1k
Sweeping 1k

I'm so pissed right now

Sorry but u signed a contract weda verbal or paper. Besides wat of your husband or baby daddy.let them take d responsiblity..take care of my baby and don't stress yaself with this
Re: Does She Have A Right? by Nicepoker(m): 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
You are pregnant. Who is responsible. Because from your post seems you don't have a husband grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does She Have A Right? by Natbrowny: 9:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
Nicepoker:
You are pregnant. Who is responsible. Because from your post seems you don't have a husband grin

So that was your take away from the whole post.

Kai..

2 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by OreoPaschal(m): 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2022
Nicepoker:

This is rather too harsh, Man! Be mindful what you type all in the name of catching cruise. Such statements are quiet sensitive.

Have peace, and grow up!

3 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by Godmother(f): 8:09am On Oct 23, 2022
Mekzmoney:
The only money you're supposed to pay is for security..... As for others, they are talking in the nonsense. grin. Especially for the nepa bill. As long as you are using prepaid, you have no right to pay a dime for those months you were absent.. They even still owe you for the 3500 you paid, except you guys finished the unit before you left cheesy..... If your landlady is dumb and stupid then call people to enlighten her. Abi you left your fridge on grin

No, I usually disconnect the light from the switch daily before leaving so when I knew I'd be leaving for long it was the first thing i did.

2 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by Godmother(f): 8:12am On Oct 23, 2022
OreoPaschal:

This is rather too harsh, Man! Be mindful what you type all in the name of catching cruise. Such statements are quiet sensitive.

Have peace, and grow up!

Thank you, jare.

@OreoPaschal

I'm married. Have been for seven years. However, it's not everything one brings to social media.

I can post general issues like landlord/landlady wahala, but not my personal life.

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right? by oluwaseyi0: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2022
Nicepoker:

Brow get sense na, if you feel you are not yet mature for the family thread section while not simply stay on the under age romance section pending when you will grow up

2 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 23, 2022
The right thing would've been to move out to allow him/her to rent the place to someone else.

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right? by NoToPile: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2022
The only one I think you should not pay is Nepa and it's because it's prepaid, if it was estimated you would have to pay.

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right? by Sundaycomputer: 12:38pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ask ur landlord If u use the light, or did he see u in his compound ,
Re: Does She Have A Right? by Richy4(m): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2022
Tell your landlady that the electricity is prepaid... If she failed to understand what prepaid is, patiently explain the meaning of prepaid to her... grin

I didn't even know what Lawma is..
But security, u have to pay for it... assuming u came back and realised that your door was broken into, and some properties were missing... What will come to your mind..

If your came back within 5 months and there was an infestation of rodents and other things.. even snakes or creepy millipedes... What will be your reaction?
The payments are justified dear..
Re: Does She Have A Right? by Nicepoker(m): 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Brow get sense na, if you feel you are not yet mature for the family thread section while not simply stay on the under age romance section pending when you will grow up

Says a grown baby.
Re: Does She Have A Right? by stacyadams: 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
PlayMaker14:

Yeah thats what's it is...I have not been around for four months,when I get back all those bills dey wait me

1 Like

Re: Does She Have A Right? by stacyadams: 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Richy4:
Tell your landlady that the electricity is prepaid... If she failed to understand what prepaid is, patiently explain the meaning of prepaid to her... grin

I didn't even know what Lawma is..
But security, u have to pay for it... assuming u came back and realised that your door was broken into, and some properties were missing... What will come to your mind..

If your came back within 5 months and there was an infestation of rodents and other things.. even snakes or creepy millipedes... What will be your reaction?
The payments are justified dear..

Lawma..Lagos state waste management agency...they do carry dustbins from houses

2 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by Mekzmoney(m): 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
Then you need to pay for the security alone... She knows the right thing to do but she just want to use your head. smiley
Godmother:

No, I usually disconnect the light from the switch daily before leaving so when I knew I'd be leaving for long it was the first thing i did.
Re: Does She Have A Right? by LordReed(m): 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
Godmother:

Lawma 1k
Security 1k
Sweeping 1k

I'm so pissed right now

It depends on your tenancy agreement. Post the relevant sections here for better advice.

2 Likes

Re: Does She Have A Right? by pansophist(m): 1:24am On Oct 24, 2022
Regardless of your absence/presence, the service was rendered to you. You have to pay for it. It is like booking a flight, and you didn't go, then requesting a refund even though the flight departed. That kind of logic doesn't work.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stubborn Women: Men How Do You Really Feel About Stubbornness In Women? / Intimacy After Traditional Wedding: Fornication Or Not? / Wicked - Baby Dumped In The Street Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.