Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport (74176 Views)

Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix) / Dunchi Lar: NIDCOM Statement About Nigerian Jailed In UAE Over Cybercrime Law / Dubai Airport Flooded As Flights Are Cancelled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by baralatie(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
casualobserver:

That’s like saying Thailand should not imprison a Nigerian for carrying drugs but instead deport them? You break the law, you break the law!!!
Now that is shocking!
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Caseywilliams(m): 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2022
Afokesco:
Dubai wey dey beg Nigerians to come their country ten years ago...I nor blame dem Sha...our leaders no wan develop our country....Atiku get estate for there .. mostly all our politicians get estate for Dubai.... Nigeria can never be a developed country till thy kingdom come...if them Carry Nigerians go USA..and Americans come Nigeria... within a short period of time the Americans go develop Nigeria.. and USA will turn to developing country .

I no just know why this your yarns just be me like nah better pure truth you talk.

No matter whatever you do... Naija can't get close to being better... As if it was destined for them to keep perishing unredeemably
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by davidl7: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
Abike Dabiri over to you!

No be to dey suck politicians pryk upndan!
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Bendelvisitor: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
Get $6 over and over from Amazon.
This is not Kindle
No buying nor selling of anything.
Just free money, you can get it as many times as you want.

https://agiftfortheday..com/2017/07/httplnkgo_15.html?m=1
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Helpout12345: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
People should research rules and regulations of countries before traveling there.

Most conservative countries don't allow social media madness before it causes revolution in their country.

2 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
Wetin people dey find for that country sef na wetin I no understand.

If someone gives me a free visa to that country, I will tell him to convert it to an European or American visa or give me the money it worth.

Aside South Korea or Japan and maybe Taiwan, I don't think there is any other Middle Eastern country I fancy.

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by richie240: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
No need to get emotional nwokem.
Any small tin, "in saner climes"; any small matter, "in advanced countries", shebi una don see d ''saner climes/advanced countries' now?

In saner climes, almost all of una wey go just carry phone begin broadcast inciting messages and fake news (like d runaway DJ switch) would've been under lock and key by now!
cool
jaxxy:

bullshit. This person is not their citizen and has barely any idea of their laws so what is their problem? Its not about any problem with Nigerians don't delude urself. An American or European in such situation will do exact same thing.

Cut the crap.

3 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by baralatie(m): 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
davidl7:

What do you want her to do if it is found out the lady broke the law

2 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Freemasonry: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

You sha don see person blame ... Continue
Are you sure your cognitive faculties are still working?

Coz what I said is an unarguable truth. But of course you had to turn it into something else.

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by baralatie(m): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
Helpout12345:
People should research rules and regulations of countries before traveling there.

Most conservative countries don't allow social media madness before it causes revolution in their country.
That is a point
Mostly china

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by PANDA2: 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
Why detaining her
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by casualobserver: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2022
davidl7:

3 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by freemi(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
Munamoqel:
una think say na Nigeria that una the behave anyhow like lie lie Dj witch of End SAR that lied bullets where flying over her head ! And she was streaming live
so what is ur point? U have not said anything. Does it mean she was lying? Or are you a child that have access to data
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by casualobserver: 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
Cont’d

2 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by purples25(f): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
They should try Ordinary Ahmed...I think Wazobia fm..... that's if greater authorities ignore her plight.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by richie240: 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
Whiteshield:

Have you ever been to the UAE before? It is common knowledge there.
If you snap pictures in a public place and pictures of others show, it is a crime. They will jail you.
Nigerians should learn to have sense in other people's lands.
Even in Nigeria here sef, they drag rights with their hosts how much less abroad. Small time they'll tell u d story of how they 'deveropped' dubai and as such Dubai is 'no man's land'.
cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Jackbaur88: 1:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
This lady is my sister oooh.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by ufotunang: 1:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
b0rn2fuck:
Truly home sweet home, Na we dey make our life hard for here
.. it's true.... nigerians do not value their own thing.. nigerians like this abroad thing too much... nigerians will destroy their own country and go to abroad and develop those foreign countries .. and when does foreign countries maltreat them they start to complain...if our country nigeria is better many nigerians will not travel out of the country to abroad or Dubai... Dubai will even be the one begging nigerians to come to their country sef
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by gare(f): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
TheDemola:

https://twitter.com/jerrydoubles/status/1583599182111076354?t=usHfVmA90r38uz01qqYfFw&s=19

Her tweet:

https://twitter.com/dunchichi/status/1564790461423910914?t=kVxyK7rr1r1dLrbi_IbJxw&s=19

You are smart to go online and tweet about the injustice that was done to you at dubai airport but you could not take your time to study the laws of the country before you left.

You can not tell them how to run their country. you have destroy yours and want to carry your lawlessness to someone else country, if you dont like the Arabs stay in your country.

She broke the law and should be punished accordingly, these are the people causing problems for other Nigerians working there in peace.

If not for the laws they have put in place you would not find it attractive to visit. Lets try and respects the laws of our host countries and not turn it to what we left back in Nigeria.

They should not go and protest rather petition the foreign ministry and see if she could be released on compassionate ground, she broke the law as far as UAE is concern and the time she has to do .
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by JooEeL(m): 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
Mirasteel:
A stupid place and Nigerians are rushing to the country in droves?

COS NIGERIANS ARE STUPID!!
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by ufotunang: 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
If our country nigeria was better all this embarrassment, insults, maltreatment from Dubai and other foreign countries would not have happened... that is why we have to make this country nigeria to be better to avoid all this embarrassment and maltreatment
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Jackbaur88: 1:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
Confirmedzombie:

The Arabs are not mean. They are not like Nigeria where people tweet or post on social media whatever they like.

Ndigbo should learn to respect the laws of their host.

UAE belongs to the Arabs and not no man's land.

Let her serve her jail term. She deserves it.

After her jail term they will depot her back to South East Biafra land.

As they jail her, she says she is a Nigerian, a country ipob call zoo.

Mtcheeeeeew
She is not from the South east, but Taroh a Tribe in Plateau state. Let's stop this nonsense
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Whiteshield: 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

For smtn that is normal everywhere then u make it a crime it ur place I think its only sensible to let visitors know clearly and boldly.

Obviously, you are not even widely travelled. Your limited exposure is what is making you talk like this. If you don't know, na you sabi. By the time you go to jail and come back, you will know.

Some Muslims don't snap pictures, it is against their religious beliefs. If you notice, a lot of Muslims don't hang personal pictures in their houses. You now entered an Islamic country and are snapping pictures of other people about. Na to die for prison be that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by gare(f): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2022
Jackbaur88:
This lady is my sister oooh.

Then advice them not to protest at the UAE embassy, because your sister broke the law, rather they should petition the foreign ministry and Madam Abike to help speak for her release, she is jailed for a crime she committed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by meobizy(f): 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2022
They’ve come again with lies. She was headed for a jail sentence anyway. Tweeting the matter only meant bringing her situation to light. I no get time to protest for anything other than my own good and know very well Nairalanders are scared to come out of their burrows.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by casualobserver: 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Abelino(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
Make God have mercy on your evil and wicked soul... Sadist
Munamoqel:
una think say na Nigeria that una the behave anyhow like lie lie Dj witch of End SAR that lied bullets where flying over her head ! And she was streaming live
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by AyeMoJuba: 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
DadaHammed:
These Arabs are now very mean to Nigerians.
Thank God say I no get business with any Arab country.

Why did she got a family visa only to travel with her sister?

Why should she tell lies to get their visa?

You think its Nigeria where anything goes?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) / Malawian Bride Dies In Motor Accident On Her Wedding Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.