Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? (61959 Views)

Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? / Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / 75 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Handsome777(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2022
I went to the headquarters of a popular church in Abuja for a Thanksgiving Service. After the church service, there was a reception where there was an assorted alcohol on the list.

To my surprise, some of the clerics were served alcoholic drinks and they gladly indulged.

I am a born-again Christian because of my staunch faith in Christ Jesus and I also drink alcohol moderately. I don't believe I am morally wrong.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Redomi(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2022
No, but don't drink till you cannot control yourself

203 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Kadejo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
H

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by taylor88(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
Oga face your front and leave them alone

Wahala wey dey this country no be wetin person fit face with clear eyes

Abeg Fvck dey hungry me I no wan shout

221 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Kadejo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hhh
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by gazilion: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
You drank! After drinking...you were surprised that the clerics also drank.

283 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Aareakinwunmi(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
As a Christian you can consume alcohol, but do so with moderation and self-control.
The Bible condemns drunkenness

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by omoadeleye(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
Uhm
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
I think sometimes, we overdo things as christians in this part of the world,the bible didn't outrightly condemn the intake of alcohol,it condemned excessive taking of it,the choice to abstain from alcohol entirely should be on a personal decisions and shouldn't be an avenue to label those who takes it as unserious christians or candidates of hell as many do.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by okezuoemmanue(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
kiss
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by MeaslesMumpsRub: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
There is a church in Jamaica where they meditate with cannabis in the incense to communicate with the most high.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by yuzjet(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
They are drinking anointed drinks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by chiefolododo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
R
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by chukgol: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
grin
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Alwaysready(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
grin

Sponsored post? Or else,what do you want us to say?

Oga,if you no wan drink,mind your business period.

Check our website today for instant payout!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Brendaniel: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
It is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by eminikansoso(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
grin
No problem if it is not against the Christian faith.
Abuse of everything is what is wrong, even abusing food is against the heavenly faith

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Trustme2(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hi
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Kajaard: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
Handsome777:
I went to the headquarters of a popular church in Abuja for a Thanksgiving Service. After the church service, there was a reception where there was an assorted alcohol on the list.

To my surprise, some of the clerics were served alcoholic drinks and they gladly indulged.

I am a born-again Christian because of my staunch faith in Christ Jesus and I also drink alcohol moderately. I don't believe I am morally wrong.

Did Jesus himself not turn water to wine in the Bible?

Did the disciples not attend some family parties in which wine was served in the Bible?

There lies your answer cool

P/S - Drinking alcohol is not a sin, it's the practice of drinking and getting drunk that's a sin.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Farid24224(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
Did you drank it too? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Badguy77(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
A little of alcohol helps the Tommy...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by juman(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
Drink yourself to stupor.
There is no law on alcohol in Christianity.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Eriokanmi: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
You never see police wey dey shark weed for corner?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Terry44: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
angry

We've heard you, what next? Because I don't know what you're trying to get out of this post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Fedrick100: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
Even the bible said we should drink but too much of it is a sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Cholls(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
My brothers and sisters OP na hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by NobleSeed(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
op go and read about the Rechabites
Jeremiah 35:5-6

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by princeFAD: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
Is it difficult to mention the name of the church ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Henon: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
Handsome777:

What is your point then?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
Proverbs 31:4-6 (KJV) It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy
hearts.

The bible also says, we should be drunk in the holy spirit not wine.

19 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stop These Sexual Acts In 2024 / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? / Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.