Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria (48630 Views)

Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by obojememe: 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
j
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Richy4(m): 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nigerians are blessed then.. Since they don't separate or divorce because of Financial issues smiley
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by YouandiAllofus: 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
Of all the reasons listed above, only no.1 seemed serious enough to make a case for divorce if you've married right.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Cmanforall: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2022
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by bobbiiee: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lack of money.
Lack of money.
Lack of money.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by seunak2016: 6:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Nice list though....

I really want to know the cause of Funke Akindele's divorce with her wife JJC SKILLZ...

I can't find the cause on your list.... Maybe Her passion for Lagos State caused it.
he cheat and funke refuse to forgive because she own house they live in UK. she throw him out
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Exceed15: 6:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
8. Family Interference

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by worksmart(m): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Finances needs to be on this list.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by mastermaestro(m): 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
Why Ooni's picture? Is he now the face of divorce in Nigeria? Seun, please this is disrespectful to a first-class monarch. angry

3 Likes

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by TrittNG: 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
TritNG:
There is severe economic hardship in Canada. The rate of unemployment is also very high.
The health system is crippled.
If you want to 'japa', follow who know road. Maybe do Yahoo. When you live amongst them for a while, you'll notice the cognitive and intellectual decline of Westerners.
Westerners make up the majority of Canada's population.
The Westerners invaded Canada, subjugated the indigenous people and displaced them to become the majority population. Since then, the indigenous people of Canada have lived under repression & oppression.
The invaders/occupiers have refused to go back to their barren land in Europe.
Read about the residential schools in Canada, it still continues till this day under different guises.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by AfonjaConehead: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
Wetin come concern In Edo for the matter? grin
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by AfonjaConehead: 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
qwertyn:
lack of money should be number one
Haba...you registered only yesterday and this be your first post!!!!!
grin
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Firstcitizen: 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
lordparcel:
grin
Lack of tight Pussay

Werey grin grin grin
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by KEVIND: 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
The major cause of Divorce in Nigeria is money. Especially if the woman is ahead financially only God can save such a marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by toprealman: 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/seven-major-causes-of-divorce-in-nigeria/

Nlfpmod
1. Social media
2. Trying to be like others
3. Marrying for wrong reasons.
4. Fake lifestyle
5. Selfish spouse
6. Incompatible social class(some cases).
7: Entitlement mentality: How else do you explain a twin moving into her twin sisters self with her 4 kids without informing the unfortunate brother? What about the NLander shaging a street food vendor. Aunty is pregnant and want to move in with all her family. The man is not OK with the plan, aunty has declared war, never to take a dime from brother man untill her wish is hranted.....smh
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Higgies(m): 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
You did not add closeted homosexualism.

I know a number of friends and colleagues who goes in marriage because of societal views and family pressure yet the guy himself is a wife to another guy in the office.

I kid you not marriage eventually collapse after 18 months due to no commitments.
You can't force something that is not natural.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by toprealman: 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
PrinceSammy02:
Yeah, that's true.

Another cause of divorce is; spiritual partner.

This is a very common thing, but still many people don't like to talk about it or even believe it exists.

The case of one having a spiritual husband/wife is a great marriage k.i.l.l.e.r which attention needs to be paid to. I myself have witnessed smiliar cases. Even a case of a man who got married to 6 women and all ended in divorce. He got really depressed that he almost took his own life. But after he discovered himself and did the necessary rituals, he is currently 6 years old married with 2 children happily.

There is a misconception that this is a women issue, but this can equally affect men too. This issue has ruined the lives, careers, businesses, and families of so many great people without them realizing that this is the reason behind their predicament. SOME of this marriages clashing today are related to this too.

It is very essential that everyone check themselves and their partner before signing that lifetime contract of togetherness. If you nor your partner happens to have a spiritual partner, some rituals can be done (according to your religion) to prevent having marital problems later on.
Is this spiritual bae also applicable to western folks.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Kajaard: 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Cmanforall:

Where is social media?

Thank you for this. In short the negative use of social media contributes more to high divorce rates than any other.

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Dennisana(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
lol @op please your clarity is needed grin grin grin grin grin
Zonefree:

Which one is no sin is too great to be pardoned? So, seeing another man banging your beloved wife on your matrimonial bad, you'll pardon her
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by SPAMBOX7: 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Which one is no sin is too great to be pardoned? So, seeing another man banging your beloved wife on your matrimonial bad, you'll pardon her
Na wetin I been wan ask be that. How can you forgive an unforgiving partner?
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by favour32(m): 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
Savedday:
Why do I always feel sorry for any guy marrying a 9ja girl?

9ja girls don't love and dey will never love.

They are nothing but useless and evil. All of them...
Correct guy!
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by blessedjohn: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
And you left the issue of finance out of this? As for me, issue of finance is the number one cause of divorce in Nigeria. I stand to be corrected though.
ijustdey:

Nlfpmod
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by CaptainFM1: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
See no. 1 cause is lack of money.

Money account for about 50%.

You think the bible was mincing words when it says money answereth all things?

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by MuslimIgbo: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
ijustdey:

https/tribuneonlineng.com/seven-major-causes-of-divorce-in-nigeria/

Nlfpmœd

BULLSHÌT

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by womenareapezz: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
ijustdey:

Nlfpmod
stop marrying Nigeria women undecided

Simple!

Those female animals can't keep a home

2 Likes

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Satazaa: 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
at the heart of divorce rate in Nigeria is the dire economic devastation that we are experiencing in Nigeria, marriages are an expensive venture and with the complete wipe out of Nigerian middle class then your guess is as good as mine, other factors are third party influences especially from mother in-laws, different levels of sexual abilities and appetite, toxic social media influences, then unbridled feminism undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by hopexter(m): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
the main reason for divorces in Nigeria is a disease called LIBIDO. This disease has no self control. A man with high libido is always Hot, hence fornicates severally and sometimes get caught by housewife, housewife will someday gets tired of your high libido since she’s not satisfying you enough and leave.

If the same LIBIDO becomes too weak, housewife go still get tired of your weak performance or no performance at all, it’s either she cheats or she pack and leave you behind due to your inability to perform your marital bedmatics grin grin

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by DriveByKiller: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
ijustdey:

Nlfpmod
pastors are one reason for failure in marriages today.

Many women who are church rats respect, admire and value their pastors, church leaders more than their husbands and many of the churches don't do much to encourage their female members to respect their members.
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Jeffyblaq(m): 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
Savedday:
Why do I always feel sorry for any guy marrying a 9ja girl?

9ja girls don't love and dey will never love.

They are nothing but useless and evil. All of them...
I used to doubt dis until it happened to me....

I blame myself...
Re: Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria by Burgerlomo: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

18-Year-Old Christianah Dania Ologun Is Missing In Abuja (Photo) / Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me / Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.