Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,850 members, 7,844,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant (37651 Views)

France, US Ask Their Citizens To Leave Russia Immediately / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / VLADIMIR Putin Orders US Officials To Leave Russia Immediately (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2022
toxtimmy:
wetin you no know fit still harm you ... there is nothing wrong in saying you don't know and research, than claiming you know and get scratched.

Tons of Nigerians attended medical school in russia and living working there today because they believe it's a better live for them and their families... lots of africans in Russia... I can assure you there are people from your village living in Russia today as you type your jibberish

The Russian government self-reports its TOTAL BLACK POPULATION at only 70,000 Black people. That includes Black people from across the Earth not just Africa.
Only 70,000 Black people out of 144 MILLION PEOPLE isn’t even a drop in the bucket. The CITY of London has almost ten times as many Black people as the huge COUNTRY of Russia. The CITY of Houston has over 600,000 Black people, almost ten times more Black people than the COUNTRY of Russia.

The reason why is because Russia does not welcome Black people. Go look up the number of visa applications and compare it to denials and see for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by toxtimmy: 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
Again wetin stop una from going to aso rock and claim asylum?

1stGenAmerican:

The Russian government self-reports its TOTAL BLACK POPULATION at only 70,000 Black people. That includes Black people from across the Earth not just Africa.
Only 70,000 Black people out of 144 MILLION PEOPLE isn’t even a drop in the bucket. The CITY of London has almost ten times as many Black people as the huge COUNTRY of Russia. The CITY of Houston has over 600,000 Black people, almost ten times more Black people than the COUNTRY of Russia.

The reason why is because Russia does not welcome Black people. Go look up the number of visa applications and compare it to denials and see for yourself.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by PoliteActivist: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2022
jimetagambo:

Just imagine. That's Google alone ooo. Not even Amazon. The other day, a Putin fanboy in Nigeria was lamenting about how the US was evil, but the dodo sells the e-books he authors on Amazon (an American web service). Basically, he can't chop without amazon.

No mind them. What they don't know is that all these apps and info they're so used to, people in Russia can't get them due to censorship. Even, mothers in Russia didn't know there was a war until their sons started being reported dead!

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by generalwo(m): 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

These guys have forgotten how fast Russia kicked out the Nigerians who tried to stay in Russia after the World Cup. They were deported in a few short days whereas a Western country would’ve allowed them to stay much longer, even while they applied for asylum. Russia treats its own citizens like animals so think about how they would treat a mass influx of Nigerians.
..... Don't mind them... The hate they have for America has made them to embrace the evils Russians bring to the table.....

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 6:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Russia can’t even develop and manufacture medicines for their citizens. They aren’t science or tech based, the only thing they produce en mass are weapons.

and u think weapons doesn't need science and tech to develop (you are right with your claim DAT western countries are better and more refine with tech)
Buh wat am saying is dat russia have enough tech to be self reliance
the fact u don't see a country tech doesn't mean it doesn't exist or not gud enough

have u seen an isreali car b4 or anybody ordering for it ( does DAT mean isreal cannot make a quality one??)

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

No mind them. What they don't know is that all these apps and info they're so used to, people in Russia can't get them due to censorship. Even, mothers in Russia didn't know there was a war until their sons started being reported dead!

you don't need to lie to make a point
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by PoliteActivist: 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2022
CBR100:

you don't need to lie to make a point

You the one lying
All I said 100% true

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

This doesn’t back up your claim that Kia engines are made in Iran. It says the Iranian manufactured car that no one outside of Iran has ever heard of.
Those trash vehicles can’t be sold worldwide because of sanctions but also because they can’t even pass an emissions test just like Russia is now manufacturing third and fourth class cars with NO AIRBAGS OR SAFETY FEATURES. They can’t get parts used for safety features because of sanctions and they are too technologically behind to develop their own.
Have you seen a TIBA car close up and in person? No. Have you ever heard anyone say, “Gee my guy, I want to buy a TIBA”
You guys have so much false pride in Russia, false pride that Russians don’t even have in their own country. The false and unwarranted pride causes you guys to make things up.

I guess u are not following wat we are discussing .....wat brought about the KIA Iran partnership, was DAT
he was claiming the moment Benz leaves russia, imediately russia wont be able to produce Benz

so i sight one examples for him, KIA and Iran partner on produving, immediately the tym elapse for the partnership, Iran started producing higher quality of cars on their own without KIA/dahwoo help
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 7:10pm On Oct 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You the one lying
All I said 100% true

OK sir, Russians don't know their country is @ war until soldiers started dieing

u are really making sense
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by PoliteActivist: 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2022
CBR100:

and u think weapons doesn't need science and tech to develop (you are right with your claim DAT western countries are better and more refine with tech)
the fact u don't see a country tech doesn't mean it doesn't exist or not gud enough

have u seen an isreali car b4 or anybody ordering for it ( does DAT mean isreal cannot make a quality one??)

Even the weapons they are not that good at or they would have long defeated Ukraine - a next door neighbor with plenty Russian citizens. US would have simply annexed them!
Russia is a 2nd world country with nuclear weapons!

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by PoliteActivist: 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
CBR100:

OK sir, Russians don't know their country is @ war until soldiers started dieing

u are really making sense

They were fed propaganda especially the non-elite. The first inkling they had there was a real war were the deaths!

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by Tzar91: 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2022
God1000:
Putin created this problem for his people.

He should thank China for filling in the gap a bit, without China Russia will become another Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka? You are wicked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Even the weapons they are not that good at or they would have long defeated Ukraine - a next door neighbor with plenty Russian citizens. US would have simply annexed them!
Russia is a 2nd world country with nuclear weapons!

Russia is not at war with Ukraine (special military operations)....dey are families
enemies is different from step-brother

in Iraq usa did "shock and awe" killing more civilians than military.......do you expect russia to do d same ??

why do you think russia is reducing strike to kyiv at minimum level (enough for normal government activities to take place)

abi u think there jet and missile cannot reach dem .....y do you think the Ukraine presidents palace have not been bomb, for your mind u think it is complex to do dat
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by PoliteActivist: 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
CBR100:

Russia is not at war with Ukraine (special military operations)....dey are families
enemies is different from step-brother

in Iraq usa did "shock and awe" killing more civilians than military.......do you expect russia to do d same ??

why do you think russia is reducing strike to kyiv at minimum level (enough for normal government activities to take place)

abi u think there jet and missile cannot reach dem .....y do you think the Ukraine presidents palace have not been bomb, for your mind u think it is complex to do dat

Yep, that's why they have mobilized mass conscriptions including grandpas, and Putin has been threatening to go nuclear. See below

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Yep, that's why they have mobilized mass conscriptions including grandpas, and Putin has been threatening to go nuclear. See below

lol, na preparation for the bigger war,

aren't u surprise DAT the Ukraine war doesn't have much airforce fight , abi Russian no get war jet
u don't take cutlass/axe to a cane fight....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
CBR100:

I guess u are not following wat we are discussing .....wat brought about the KIA Iran partnership, was DAT
he was claiming the moment Benz leaves russia, imediately russia wont be able to produce Benz

so i sight one examples for him, KIA and Iran partner on produving, immediately the tym elapse for the partnership, Iran started producing higher quality of cars on their own without KIA/dahwoo help

You told us that Kia engines were built in Iran and have yet to show us anything to back that up.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
CBR100:

Russia does not have enough tech to be self-reliant. After being cut off from Western tech, they ran to China for alternatives.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
toxtimmy:
Again wetin stop una from going to aso rock and claim asylum?

I don’t need asylum, I was born in the US so I don’t understand your point.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You told us that Kia engines were built in Iran and have yet to show us anything to back that up.

94% of Iranians car of over 1.6 millions manufactured annually ....ar made by just 2 local companies in Iran (khodro and anoda maufacturer)

google dem and read their history, there u will find the ansa ( if am to paste it here u will still find a way to fault it, Buh if you read an yourself it will be beta).....not only KIA sef.....peugeot, benz , renault engines have one tym or the other being in some joint production with Iranians company and now Iran have master the technical no how, to produce any cars .......you will even be surprise the set of flashy and beautiful cars with gud special iranians ar producing

in term of science and tech iranians ar ahead of all african combine togeda
a country DAT can now put his satellite on orbit without any outside help

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2022
CBR100:

94% of Iranians car of over 1.6 millions manufactured annually ....ar made by just 2 local companies in Iran (khodro and anoda maufacturer)

google dem and read their history, there u will find the ansa ( if am to paste it here u will still find a way to fault it, Buh if you read an yourself it will be beta).....not only KIA sef.....peugeot, benz , renault engines have one tym or the other being in some joint production with Iranians company and now Iran have master the technical no how, to produce any cars .......you will even be surprise the set of flashy and beautiful cars with gud special iranians ar producing

in term of science and tech iranians ar ahead of all african combine togeda
a country DAT can now put his satellite on orbit without any outside help

What you’re saying is irrelevant to the question.
You still have not given us proof that engines for Kia vehicles are manufactured in Iran. I’m not obligated to Google and search for anything, you made the claim, it was debunked by another moniker, and I asked you to provide proof to back up your claim.
So you’re telling us that you were wrong.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Russia does not have enough tech to be self-reliant. After being cut off from Western tech, they ran to China for alternatives.

trading is different from tech, and everybody have their specialty, the fact dat south Korea buy alot of machineries from china no mean say china is more advance

there are still many things Russian as far back as 1970, up to now china ia still dreaming if having same tech in the next 5 years

from superalloy, reactors, ship engines, submarine tech, space tech, ......there are still many capabilities only usa and russia have

even CIA will be laughing the way u dey underestimate russia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

What you’re saying is irrelevant to the question.
You still have not given us proof that engines for Kia vehicles are manufactured in Iran. I’m not obligated to Google and search for anything, you made the claim, it was debunked by another moniker, and I asked you to provide proof to back up your claim.
So you’re telling us that you were wrong.

ehya, how can I enlighten you wen u refuse to read ......look if u want to be commenting on international news thread lyk dis
u must learn the habit to read ......na wet in happen for real lyf, so u can't just be in delusion and keep saying it didn't happen, wen it is you DAT refuse to read

if you know u can't read, then no point won't bother to reply someone DAT refuse to reeducate himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by PoliteActivist: 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
CBR100:

lol, na preparation for the bigger war,

aren't u surprise DAT the Ukraine war doesn't have much airforce fight , abi Russian no get war jet
u don't take cutlass/axe to a cane fight....

I guess you are the only who's never heard the quote below: "Wars are not won by airpower but by boots on the ground"

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by VirileNelly2420: 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Did you read the post?
They said they were leaving because they could no longer procure vital parts
Where did u see dat? Na so una deydoctor information upandan
Go back and take another look at d news. This time, read slowly nd carefully!

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by bellong: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Western sanctions imposed on Russia since the beginning of the Ukraine offensive have heavily disrupted supply chains affecting mostly technology and car manufacturing sectors.

The truth is with all the sanctions, no technological driven company can survive as some vital parts are sourced from Western Europe, Japan and the USA. It is no given that all the manufacturers are leaving. I don't think it their leaving is about the war but incapability of manufacturing to meet minimum standard due to availability of parts.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by Sixfiguresmart(m): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
LastProphet:

Do you know what ibo boys do in UAE? Have you been to UAE before? Is your brain working? If people from Chad come to Nigeria and begin to do daylight robbery will you open more visas to chadians? What is wrong with people's brain nowadays, how is UAEs reaction not understood? This is pathetic
I actually lived there for a few years. I lived in the middle east for 5 straight years. I am not the one to be taught what goes on in the middle east. You are a slime. Your first line makes me puke Ibo boys. You played dirty there. Very tribal and racist.

Tell me what Ibo boys do and let us open the files on crimes. Tell me your last name, I will bring out files from secret archives of your relatives.

How many robbery cases have ibo boys been involved in? So, what about Ghanaians? Sierra Leonians, Cameroonians, uganda, Rwanda etc. Are they equally ibos?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by VirileNelly2420: 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2022
bellong:

Western sanctions imposed on Russia since the beginning of the Ukraine offensive have heavily disrupted supply chains affecting mostly technology and car manufacturing sectors.

The truth is with all the sanctions, no technological driven company can survive as some vital parts are sourced from Western Europe, Japan and the USA. It is no given that all the manufacturers are leaving. I don't think it their leaving is about the war but incapability of manufacturing to meet minimum standard due to availability of parts.

Reasons for companies relocating musnt be cos of parts, it can be caused by any logistics other than that.
They can choose to play solidarity card with their Western subsidiaries. That's it.

Just to make it look they are disgruntled by the Russian actions even when dey are actually not... But have to play along so they don't enter d black list of the agitating European block and there Western counterparts.

It's just like Nigeria closing it's embassy in Russia cos of the situation in Ukraine...
Yes Nigeria can. But for wot reason? Simply to buy favour from West and in the eyes of the world.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by toxtimmy: 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Then go to Foxnews discussion forum and chat there about russia.... Oh by the way every black person is referred to as a monkey on Foxnews chat/comments section...

Even native Americans don't carry the USA for head like you do.

1stGenAmerican:

I don’t need asylum, I was born in the US so I don’t understand your point.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by PoliteActivist: 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Did you read this part of the post which OP bolded.
Go back and read it. This time, read slowly nd carefully!

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by bellong: 1:31am On Oct 28, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Reasons for companies relocating musnt be cos of parts, it can be caused by any logistics other than that.
They can choose to play solidarity card with their Western subsidiaries. That's it.

Just to make it look they are disgruntled by the Russian actions even when dey are actually not... But have to play along so they don't enter d black list of the agitating European block and there Western counterparts.

It's just like Nigeria closing it's embassy in Russia cos of the situation in Ukraine...
Yes Nigeria can. But for wot reason? Simply to buy favour from West and in the eyes of the world.

If they can't source for parts or sell the products they manufacture, what do you suggest they do?

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by LastProphet: 3:42am On Oct 28, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
I actually lived there for a few years. I lived in the middle east for 5 straight years. I am not the one to be taught what goes on in the middle east. You are a slime. Your first line makes me puke Ibo boys. You played dirty there. Very tribal and racist.

Tell me what Ibo boys do and let us open the files on crimes. Tell me your last name, I will bring out files from secret archives of your relatives.

How many robbery cases have ibo boys been involved in? So, what about Ghanaians? Sierra Leonians, Cameroonians, uganda, Rwanda etc. Are they equally ibos?

I'm igala from Idah, give me the name of 1 igala involved in crime in Dubai? And the Cameroonians, Senegalese all that you mentioned learnt it and only started doing it after some people started it and you know them but I understand your sentiment is not today with your tribe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abbas Ahmed: Grandson Of Hezbollah Chief Nasrallah Killed In Israeli Airstrike / Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate / Chad Repaying $100m Debt To Angola With Cattle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.