Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom (598 Views)

I Stand With Wike, Says Ortom / Benue: PDP Replies APC, Says Ortom Not Aware Of Hunters' Activities / We Borrow To Pay Salaries, Says Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by kahal29: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2022
Benue Governor Samuel Ortom has declared that it would be difficult for stakeholders to work for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar in the State.

Atiku, he said, has neither spoken against killings by herdsmen in the State nor shown any support for the victims.

He said it would be impossible for Benue voters to back such a candidate or for PDP chieftains to market him in the State.

Ortom spoke on Wednesday while addressing Jemgbah Youths Group under the aegis of Jemgbah Youth Support Group JYSG, who came to endorse him for the senate 2023.

He said: ” I condemned what Atiku said. He is seeking to be President of Nigeria and not Fulani alone. So, he must not seek to please Fulani alone, he must work with everyone.

“From the body language of Atiku in Kaduna, he is telling us now that he will come and continue with the killings, carnage and displacement of Benue people as his Fulani tribe is doing. So, we cannot work for that kind of candidate.

“We have been ravaged by flood do you see Atiku visit anyone? The IDPs of 2017. Atiku came here and I suggested to him to visit the camp but he refused. All I did was provide a law to protect my people and have no issue with Fulani a man.”

Ortom commended President Muhammadu Buhari for condemning the killings in Gbeji and asked Atiku to borrow a leave from the President, saying that’s how a leader should speak despite political differences.

He also demanded a public apology from Atiku for allegedly lying against him.

He said at no time did he profile Fulani as killers, saying the killer-herdsmen came from neighbouring countries to wreck havocs in Benue.

The Governor said: “I draw the attention of Atiku via a WhatsApp chat over the comment which he profiled me and Atiku apologised.

” I told him (Atiku) to apologise to do it in public because he made the statement against me in public and what he said was unacceptable to me but he refused.

” You cannot UnCloth an elder in public and dress him in the room so he must apologise in public “

He continued: ” I want to put it on record that at no time I told Atiku that some of my people are stealing my cows. He lied against me and it is unbecoming of a presidential candidate to be telling lies.”

He added: ” I have not profiled Fulani as bad because it would be illogical fallacy to said all Fulani are bad as I’m working with some Fulani while others are my friends, I have not sent any Fulani away from Benue State.

” But there are Fulani coming from Chad, Niger, and Cameroon to occupy our land, it’s unacceptable and I cannot keep quiet”.

He asked Atiku to apologise to Tiv people because he has committed sacrilege against them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhURDG_5-lE

https://thenationonlineng.net/we-cannot-work-for-atiku-in-benue-says-ortom/
Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by kahal29: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2022

Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by successmatters(m): 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
cool Atiku will treat thr people of Benue worse than buharri did.

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by Dikegodspower(m): 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ok o
We are watching
Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by gozmok1(m): 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
Atiku is selfish, nobody have the monopoly of leadership.

The north have failed Nigerians in leadership and they still want to cling unto power Haba it will no longer be business as usual.

This Not wike alone it is Nigerian project!

Atiku claim to be a unifier,if he was he wouldn't have contested power should move to the south With what Buhari did in appointing only Muslims in key positions in the country every right thinking person will be scared of voting another northerner again!

Gov Wike is a strong pillar. The political high tension. Atiku, Tambuwal, Saraki, Dino, Kwankwaso n others in 2015 turned PDP into an opposition party. They betrayed Jonathan and PDP. They are all Scavengers, including Babangida Aliyu n Sule Lamido. Pay back time is now. Operations Reject Atiku Abubakar coming soon.

EMILOKAN
OBIDATTI ✅ 2023

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by Asgard73: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
Yoruba Lagos Ibadan express way believe that by steady propaganda on Atiku and Pdp Tinubu will now win president grin

Those behind thenation are all foolish and senseless humans...

What a waste of resources on a daily propagating same news hundred times a day.. and then nairaland will push same news tomfront page 3 times daily

Told Yoruba .. that politcal wilderness is a must .. 100 years is too small.. walahi..

Nobody takes their propaganda serious except the Yoruba peeps

That will read same news 100 times and still come back to comment same trash 100 times

Just observe the pattern of this their Pdp divisional news grin
Then carefully observe monikers commenting ..

After the adopted Wike as their Pdp flagbearer .. e burst .. they went back to make same inconsequential humans that the same newspaper called careless politicians

Las las February no far again

Result must come

Atiku has no opposition... that’s the reality aside propaganda and trashy opinions

Power to the people
North 2023
Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by slivertongue: 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ortom means business
Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by abobote: 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Wike and his gangs are making things very difficult for Atiku
Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by yomi961: 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
No Nigerian Should Take Tinubu Serious; His Health, Early School Are Shrouded In Secrecy – PDP Presidential Candidate, Atiku

This is most especially as it has been observed on several occasions that he (Tinubu) finds it difficult to hold things firmly.

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has made mockery of the health condition of his counterpart, Bola Tinubu of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking with TheCable through his Media Adviser, Paul Ibe, on Monday, Atiku said that Nigerians should take any presidential candidate whose health is “shrouded in secrecy” seriously.

Atiku made the comment while reacting to a recent comment by Tinubu, who while speaking on Sunday at an interactive session with members of the Tijjaniyyah sect in Kano State where he said he would give 100 percent of his time to Nigerians and would not be a part-time president who stays between Dubai and Nigeria.

Tinubu’s comment was apparently directed at Atiku who has been criticised for spending most of his time in Dubai since 2019 when he lost his presidential bid to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Ibe told TheCable that Tinubu’s comment shouldn’t be taken seriously and that “The president of Nigeria, the most populous country in the black continent, is not for comedians.

“The process of selecting a president is not a jamboree so the earlier the APC puts its house together and starts by having a council in place. They shouldn’t be taken seriously because of their inability to organise.

“Nobody should take the candidate of that party (APC) seriously. No one should take a candidate and a party whose health situation, early school, and early years are all shrouded in secrecy. No one should take such a candidate seriously.”

Recall that Tinubu’s state of health has raised serious concerns and questions amongst Nigerians and many have argued that he might have been afflicted with Parkinson’s disease — a disorder of the central nervous system that affects movement, often including tremors.

This is most especially as it has been observed on several occasions that he (Tinubu) finds it difficult to hold things firmly.

Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by yomi961: 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
abobote:
Wike and his gangs are making things very difficult for Atiku
they are only making things difficult for themselves.
Who wins the presidential election affects the rest of the elections
Re: We Cannot Work For Atiku In Benue, Says Ortom by kahal29: 3:35am On Oct 27, 2022
cool

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: A-court Stays Execution Of Judgement In Favour Of Kanu / Tinubu Advocate Now A Wailing Wailer Like Bashir Ahmad / Tinubu Will Get 16 Million Votes Across Northern States - Dr. Kailani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.