Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,962 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:53 PM

Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt (10112 Views)

Obaseki Bans APC From Campaigning On Billboards In Edo State / Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban / Buhari Orders Conditional Lifting Of Ban On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by dam2000(m): 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
Wike and is gang
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Kingzeez10: 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Come to Lag. You'd know what's up. Jagaban had booked it all. These people have forgotten that Lagos isn't the only state in Nigeria and they'd need to also advertise their party and candidates elsewhere. If they now do a tit for tat to them elsewhere, they'd be the first to start pointing accusing fingers
What will you gain with this lie? Cheap likes. I live in Lagos and different political parties have billboards all over the state.
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by 234daniel2010(m): 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
You are telling lies, you will never find Peter Obi poster on any Billboard in Lagos.

Benwallt:
I never knew jandor and Obi have joined APC. I saw their posters and billboards in Lagos. Many of you just type for likes n shares that won't put shishi in your pocket.
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by ufine200(m): 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2022
Do u stay in Lagos
Go to 3rd mainland bridge u will see poster of atiku there
I don't support anyone but saying Lagos state ban other parties from advert is lie

1 Like

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by papiwyte(m): 10:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lazy party supporters cooking lies everyday like their incoming president of biafra

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Caseless: 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
“It's not a coincidence that the elections are around the corner. As far back as a few months ago, Edo State Government discussed with all billboard owners to make payments for quite a number of billboards in the Benin metropolis.

“We did not take possession because we were waiting for the campaign to kick-off and if anybody has gone to a billboard agent to pay for a billboard, the person who pays first and is given a date for when his account will start to run, is actually the legal owner of that billboard.
Exactly!! This is what they did.
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Nastrademus(m): 11:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
With mature comment like this and not your usual hate and perdition gibberish, we could give an hear about your candidates and why we should vote for them, kudos
post=117903200:
It is very embarrassing when people carry sensational headlines like Edo State bans other parties from using billboards.
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 27, 2022
Benwallt:
I never knew jandor and Obi have joined APC. I saw their posters and billboards in Lagos. Many of you just type for likes n shares that won't put shishi in your pocket.

If Lagos had tried such, the IBOS will be the first to complain of marginalization and victimization. What you cannot try in their place is what they are doing in Lagos. Atiku banners were strategically positioned in Lagos. You have Jandor & Obi adverts as well.

EDO state is a very crude and uncivilized state where for decades everything is concentrated in Benin leaving the rest underdeveloped. The Billboards owners chairman and APCON chairman confirmed the governor gave them directive not to accept APC adverts. After an afterthought, they are now changing the narratives that they have paid for all the billboards. Is that not crude & uncivilized. The governor that submitted a typed testimonial of a defunct school without the school letterhead paper, no GCE or WAEC A' Level Certificate is very uninformed and not smart.

In Abuja and Lagos you cannot errect billboards anyhow. Each board has reference number on it that identified the owner and location. LASAA, APCON and other bodies regulate adverts. You cannot deface Lagos with personal unregistered boards without regulations and NO AGENCY in Lagos or their chairman that has confirmed Lagos State Government gave them directive not to accept adverts from opposition parties as it happened in Benin.

1 Like

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by blackpanda: 2:32am On Oct 27, 2022
4teenblaq:
When I saw the other thread, I knew the report was not made by the govt but some mischievous APC miscreants inorder to get sympathy votes.

No sane southern government would be so dictating to the extent of preventing opponents from carrying out their own campaigns except one Drug lord that has a state lying hopelessly in his pocket.

Read the post again. But this time very slowly, and without bias.
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by FreeStuffsNG: 2:32am On Oct 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Come to Lag. You'd know what's up. Jagaban had booked it all. These people have forgotten that Lagos isn't the only state in Nigeria and they'd need to also advertise their party and candidates elsewhere. If they now do a tit for tat to them elsewhere, they'd be the first to start pointing accusing fingers
You can lie for Africa in your desperate politics of lies, ignorance, envy, hate and bigotry. The biggest billboard by ilubirin at the entry of third mainland bridge has only PDP's Atiku-Okowa ad and not even Asiwaju.
In Lagos, nobody drags ad space or monopolise it because most of them are electronic so they are loaded with ads to playshow all the ads unlike Edo using old pako board
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by blackpanda: 2:35am On Oct 27, 2022
For those who don't know how to read, what Edo Pdp is saying is that: obaseki did not ban other parties from using billboards. But he has paid for the use of all the billboards in Edo state.

In other words, tomato tomato. Obaseki will not allow any other party use billboards in Edo state.
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Exjoker(m): 6:45am On Oct 27, 2022
God1000:
Edo state government should not engage in such undemocratic behaviour

We are in a democracy.
Did you read the press release or you still want to believe the old narrative.... They said, the initial press release was not from them the government!
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by chrisblack1234: 7:33am On Oct 27, 2022
God1000:
Edo state government should not engage in such undemocratic behaviour

We are in a democracy.
the same democracy that still left KANU in detention even after court said he should be released..democracy ko, demowerey nii..
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Coronavirus1: 7:42am On Oct 27, 2022
4teenblaq:
When I saw the other thread, I knew the report was not made by the govt but some mischievous APC miscreants inorder to get sympathy votes.

No sane southern government would be so dictating to the extent of preventing opponents from carrying out their own campaigns except one Drug lord that has a state lying hopelessly in his pocket.
By the utterances he band them paying for all the spaces of places to put your billboard that means no other people can able to places their own
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by 249morohundiya: 7:50am On Oct 27, 2022
send me a picture of jandor on any billboard tomorrow (not talking about those street billboard, private ones on main road) and send your account for 10ksend me a picture of jandor on any billboard tomorrow (not talking about those street billboard, private ones on main road) and send your account for 10k...
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Fearyourcreator: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2022
tyson98:
And the Obi supporters has been talking rubbish

Children of Hate!
They said whats good for the goose... Hypocrite everywhere... Nigeria no fit settle... Everybody lieing and hating to have their person there... Na lies full am... Na still cry go end am
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Fearyourcreator: 8:11am On Oct 27, 2022
abc115:
Is Edo PDP now Edo Govt?

Lolzzz
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Fearyourcreator: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2022
DenreleDave:
Chaiiii.. Peter obi e-bandits were celebrating already...

Chai dier balls fon burst again......

All ways just dey fail Ip0b obi supporters grin grin grin grin

I hate Apc but i support BAT.... Just like i don't like the black pot but i enjoy the food dt comes out of it...

BAT 2023
I saw it too... They were celebrating ... Now Edo no need am... Everybody don madt
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Fearyourcreator: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2022
Beverlyjean:
APC have nothing to campaign with ..they are just all over the place causing commotion
What is your candidate campaigning with...
I will too or what
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Beverlyjean(f): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

What is your candidate campaigning with...
I will too or what

APC Government easily doing the campaign for him
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Fearyourcreator: 9:20am On Oct 27, 2022
Beverlyjean:

APC Government easily doing the campaign for him
Smiles
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by kkonyeji(m): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2022
tyson98:
And the Obi supporters has been talking rubbish

Children of Hate!

Correct yourself, it's APC & the hopeless supporters of BAT.

God forbid BATthing
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by zelnababa(m): 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Kudos Obaseki, Edo no be Lagos
edo can never be LAGOS till eternity
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Eriokanmi: 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You can lie for Africa in your desperate politics of lies, ignorance, envy, hate and bigotry. The biggest billboard by ilubirin at the entry of third mainland bridge has only PDP's Atiku-Okowa ad and not even Asiwaju.
In Lagos, nobody drags ad space or monopolise it because most of them are electronic so they are loaded with ads to playshow all the ads unlike Edo using old pako board
I just told you what I saw with no spite on Tinubu or anyone. Someone also noticed it here sometime ago on NL. Don't tell me you didn't listen to the audio of a lagos unit staff and someone who intended buying space for political adverts in which he told him categorically that there's no space for any other political parties. The audio is in the public domain. Google will help you dig it out. These aren't lies. The ilubunrin you talked about is an extension of 3rd mainland bridge. All the way from berger downwards is a federal road. He can't try that as you know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IGP Baba: Governors Are Responsible For Political Violence In The Country / Amotekun Arrests 19 Kidnappers, 17 Other Criminals In Ondo State / How Babangida Killed Maryam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.