Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers (16403 Views)

How Elon Musk Began His Journey Of Buying Twitter (throwback Photo) / Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? / Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by GRACEGLORY: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
Sucre6:

Yet u have not created a single thread to promote your business, referring to your signature. Tag me when u do

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by Sucre6: 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
[quote author=GRACEGLORY post=117925977][/quote]

Check your profile, no single thread there
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by Asour: 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
ValCon888:
The closest thing to Iron Man in real life. Elon Musk continues to break boundaries.

Whether for good or for bad Twitter won't remain the same again under this man's watch.

The level of vawulence will surely increase.

Actually, they wouldn't have remained the same even if he hadn't bought the company.

Great brilliant guy but still an opportunist.
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by everythinggirly(f): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2022
Elon musk and wealth na 5 and 6.
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by HomeTutorsPro: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
God1000:
Okay, we've heard him, I don't use Twitter sha.

But he shouldn't just allow Donald trump and MAGA republicans to use his platform in spreading wild conspiracy theories and disinformation again.

Mr Trump is a dangerous demagogue, he fans the flames of violence and hatred.

Trump has a social media app called Truth Social.
He has already said he won't be coming back to Twitter.
Just so we are clear, I don't like Trump so don't think I am defending him. I only stay up-to-date and I encourage you to do so as well.

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by bluefilm: 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
What does he mean by Twitter will not be a place where anyone can say anything without consequences?

I thought he said he is all for FREE speech?

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by kaymart: 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2022
dyera:
Just for the record, Elon musk did not use his personal money to buy Twitter.

Instead he borrowed money to buy it. Majority of his wealth exist in form of asset.

If he convert the asset to cash in order to pay for what he buy, he would have to pay tax for the amount.

To avoid paying tax, he simply left his wealth as asset and use the asset as collateral to obtain loan and pay for what he is buying.

This is normal practice among the super rich, this is how they avoid paying tax.
U also pay interest when u borrow
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by SavageResponse(m): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
ValCon888:
The closest thing to Iron Man in real life. Elon Musk continues to break boundaries.

Whether for good or for bad Twitter won't remain the same again under this man's watch.

The level of vawulence will surely increase.

Let him try it and watch advertisers take flight and negatively impact the profits of the company.

Loud mouthed idi0t!

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by planetx: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
This clown got ripped off, no way is Twitter worth $44billion. He is reluctantly going ahead with the deal because his lawyers told him he will lose in court and spend more than the $44billion after the court's judgement.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by Mentorkaryhm(m): 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
dyera:

Instead he borrowed money to buy it. Majority of his wealth exist in form of asset.

If he convert the asset to cash in order to pay for what he buy, he would have to pay tax for the amount.

To avoid paying tax, he simply left his wealth as assets, and use the asset as collateral to obtain loan and pay for what he is buying.

This is normal practice among the super rich, this is how they avoid paying tax.

Very good insight, but will the interest on the loans not more than taxes needed to pay if per adventure he uses his wealth…. Just want to know more
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by PoliteActivist: 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2022
I like this guy and so wish him well
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by ucee64(m): 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
trueking:
This forum should also be well regulated, the hate people spew here is too much, someone opened a thread that this forum is toxic and can make you hate people and become tribalistic if you spend too much time on it, the thread was taken down.
The owner is a tribal bigot. Don't expect much from them you need to see the tribalistic statements he's spilling on twitter, so he enjoys the nonsense going on in his site.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by PoliteActivist: 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
Mentorkaryhm:

Very good insight, but will the interest on the loans not more than taxes needed to pay if per adventure he uses his wealth…. Just want to know more

Of course not. Plus he can default on the loans without being personally liable - as Donald Trump has done 5 times

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2022
Lefties are now so confused.

He played them like a fiddle.
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by Panda7(m): 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2022
okay, but twitter should start paying tax.
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by cococandy(f): 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
Insert eye roll
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by tunapawizzy: 12:53am On Oct 28, 2022
dyera:

To avoid paying tax, he simply left his wealth as asset and use the asset as collateral to obtain loan and pay for what he is buying.

let me understand you, are you talking about sales tax?.. if he is getting a loan to buy, then he is paying tax too...i would imagine the only way tax would be out of it is if the transaction is trade-by-barter....I stand to be corrected though....educate me if there's something i dont know
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by dyera(m): 6:49am On Oct 28, 2022
tunapawizzy:

let me understand you, are you talking about sales tax?.. if he is getting a loan to buy, then he is paying tax too...i would imagine the only way tax would be out of it is if the transaction is trade-by-barter....I stand to be corrected though....educate me if there's something i dont know

In the US you don't pay tax for the loan you obtain, and you don't pay tax for buying something. So super rich people don't pay tax when they take a loan to buy something.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by tunapawizzy: 6:56am On Oct 28, 2022
dyera:

In the US you don't pay tax for the loan you obtain, and you don't pay tax for buying something. So super rich people don't pay tax when they take a loan to buy something.
you are sure about this? maybe in your state, salex tax in Michigan is 6%, some other states less than that and some don't have sales tax, some more california i think about 7%..if i am not sure of anyone, i am sure of michigan
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by dyera(m): 7:01am On Oct 28, 2022
Mentorkaryhm:

kaymart:

U also pay interest when u borrow

5% interest rate vs 20% to 40% tax.

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by dyera(m): 7:04am On Oct 28, 2022
tunapawizzy:

you are sure about this? maybe in your state, salex tax in Michigan is 6%, some other states less than that and some don't have sales tax, some more california i think about 7%..if i am not sure of anyone, i am sure of michigan

It is sales tax not purchase tax, the tax is on the seller, meaning it is included in the agreed price.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by tunapawizzy: 7:07am On Oct 28, 2022
dyera:

It is sales tax not purchase tax, the tax is on the seller, meaning it is included in the agreed price.
Okay i see
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by oluwaseun89333: 7:18am On Oct 28, 2022
OkOk...
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by philiancoop(m): 10:44am On Oct 28, 2022
God1000:

But he shouldn't just allow Donald trump and MAGA republicans to use his platform in spreading wild conspiracy theories and disinformation again.

Mr trump is a dangerous demagogue, he fans the flames of violence and hatred.
What is misinformation?
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by kaymart: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2022
dyera:

5% interest rate vs 20% to 40% tax.
Ok
Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by Prosperity4All: 6:45am On Oct 29, 2022
dyera:

Tunapawizzy is right.
The tax is on the buyer or consumer not the seller.
The seller already knows there is a sales tax so includes it in the markup. Buyer would have bought same item for less if there wasn't a sales tax included.

That's why it's consumers and not shop owners who protest when government suggest increase in VAT/ sales tax.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Explains Why He Is Buying Twitter As He Appeals To Advertisers by bepositive11: 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2022
God1000:

Mr trump is a dangerous demagogue, he fans the flames of violence and hatred.

This is what I dread the most. How badly misinformation will spread. Musk himself that was claiming that covid doesn't exist.

Only God knows what the future holds.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Binance Founder Sent To Jail As Nigeria Awaits Extradition Of Africa Manager / ₦‎3.7 Million 'Dissappears' From Customer's Account In Ecobank / Black Friday & Discount Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.