Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,084 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. (442 Views)

If The South East Becomes An Independent Country / Folashade Tinubu: 62yrs ...peter Obi: 61yrs...tinubu: 70 Years..(headache) / Do You Think Another Another 12 Years Of Northern Rule Could Divide This Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. by kayla12(f): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2022
My fellow Arewa am here to deliver a simply message.

Nigeria independence - 1960
Nigeria as independent country- 62years

Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Belewa- 1960-1966 (6 yrs)
General Yakubu Gowon- 1966-1975 (9yrs)
General Murtala Muhammed (7mths)
Alhaji Shehu Shagari - 1979-1983 (4yrs)
Major General Muhammadu Buhari 1983-1985 (2yrs)
General Ibrahim Babangida 1985-1993 (8yrs)
General Sani Abacha 1993-1998 (5yrs)
President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 2007-2010(3yrs)
President Muhammadu Buhari 2015-2023 (8yrs)
Total Northern rule - 6+9+4+2+8+5+5+8 = 47yrs

Northern rule 47yrs out of 62yrs as an independent country.

Highest out of school children - North
Highest poverty - North
Highest insurgency - North
Highest mother death at childbirth - North
Highest children death - North
Nigeria civil war was fought in the SouthEast for 3 years!
Yet they rebuild their region and today poverty is the lowest, literacy is the highest, mother death at childbirth is the lowest. But our Arewa leaders will keep telling us Igbo man is our problem.
2023 my vote belongs to Peter Obi of Anambra state. If you like vote Atiku because he is your fellow Arewa or Tinubu because he is your fellow Muslim. All of us will learn our lesson eventually.

Written by *Ismaila Yusuf.*

4 Likes

Re: Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. by hammerT: 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2022
ATIKU CANNOT RULE NIGERIA.

HE GAVE HIS OPPORTUNITY AWAY TO BUHARI AND THEIR IT ENDS.

ON OBI WE STAND.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. by Cubalabloo(m): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
Have you forgotten? Nigeria is theirs.
Re: Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. by DeLaRue: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
PDP will tell you to start counting from 1999, as if 1960 - 1998 did not happen.

Atiku should not succeed Buhari. Otherwise a bad precedent will be set. After 8 years of Atiku, the same argument about it being 'a game of numbers' can be used again for another Northerner to succeed Atiku and so on it goes.

Are Southerners battling for an Atiku presidency on the alter of party affiliation unable to see the long term implication if the man wins?

1 Like

Re: Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. by DeLaRue: 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2022
hammerT:
ATIKU CANNOT RULE NIGERIA.

Atiku can actually win.
Re: Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. by hammerT: 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
DeLaRue:

Atiku can actually win.

NIGERIA WILL NEED TO SURVIVE 2023 FIIRST.

1 Like

Re: Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. by Lastmessenger2: 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
DeLaRue:
PDP will tell you to start counting from 1999, as if 1960 - 1998 did not happen.

Atiku should not succeed Buhari. Otherwise a bad precedent will be set. After 8 years of Atiku, the same argument about it being 'a game of numbers' can be used again for another Northerner to succeed Atiku and so on it goes.

Are Southerners battling for an Atiku presidency on the alter of party affiliation unable to see the long term implication if the man wins?

the game of number only works because Yorubas have vowed in their life never to vote an Igbo man. If Yorubas will let down their guard and support peter obi,I don't think it will be possible for atiku to win but alas obi is a criminal and a pondora thief according to tinubuadvocate and plaindealer.
Re: Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. by Tinubuadvocate: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2022
I believe that you igbos saying more than this to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Some of you even saying you preferred Atiku than a Yoruba man become president of Nigeria. Also havingbeen Atiku nominated peter obi you eboes will still support him
Lastmessenger2:
the game of number only works because Yorubas have vowed in their life never to vote an Igbo man. If Yorubas will let down their guard and support peter obi,I don't think it will be possible for atiku to win but alas obi is a criminal and a pondora thief according to tinubuadvocate and plaindealer.
Re: Northern Rule 47yrs Out Of 62yrs As An Independent Country. by Lastmessenger2: 6:58am On Oct 29, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
I believe that you igbos saying more than this to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Some of you even saying you preferred Atiku than a Yoruba man become president of Nigeria. Also havingbeen Atiku nominated peter obi you eboes will still support him
No problem brother. We are not fighting o. They say power is taken and not given( popular saying of tinubu people when ever igbos demand to have the presidency for the first time since the civil war). My own is whoever has the ability to take the power should do so and let's all enjoy or suffer the result.
I am for Obi by the grace of God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thousands Defects To Labour Party In Gwer LGA Of Benue State / What Is Wrong With Nigerians / Ogun 2023: Court Dismisses Lawal’s Suit, Affirms Adebutu As Rightful PDP Candida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.