Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom (3511 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Nigerian Woman Reconciled With Her Husband On His Sick Bed The Same Day He Died / Man Brings Home His 11yr Old Secret Son To His Wife Of 13yrs (pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:
Please, learn to respect other people's cultures.

That's why you have tribalism in Nigeria, you don't respect each other's cultures.

Fortunately, where I'm from most of our cultures are similar.. so, I can marry anywhere in the country.

But I'll still let the guy know when we're still dating.

Good
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2022
An elderly sick mother requires more than just a maid.

She needs both a maid and a live in nurse, or someone who is professionally trained to look after elderly people.
Acidosis:

This is a lazy man talk. Men who accommodate their mother, more often than not, have enough to hire a maid.

So what are you "taking care of..?" Are you a nurse?

3 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2022
I repeat, respect other people's cultures.

If that's my son in law's family belief, then I'll respect it.. where we're from we respect each other's cultures.
Acidosis:

What if, in your son-in-law's family, mother in law's like you are not allowed? Think about it.

Rather than dwell in your inhumane culture, why don't you examine the issue from a more humanistic viewpoint?

If your mother in-law cannot live in her own son's house, it's only proper to stay away from marriage. No responsible man will listen to your cultural bullcrap and date you for the right reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ObiaboAdoka(m): 9:16pm On Oct 29, 2022
VenumX:

Marry your mama. Easier that way.
If for ur side una d marry una mama, here in my place is a taboo.

3 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by VenumX: 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2022
ObiaboAdoka:

If for ur side una d marry una mama, here in my place is a taboo.

it's also a taboo to care for your mum yourself abi?
Ingrate.

4 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Helpout12345: 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:

If that's my son in law's family belief, then I'll respect it.. where we're from we respect each other's cultures.

That mentality you are describing here is not about culture. It's just a show of not being supportive to your partner.

I doubt any sensible man will hear a lady talk like that about this issue during courtship and still marry such lady and vice versa.

Both husband and wife should take care of their parents together as a supportive team they are meant to be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2022
A lot of those women are happily married right now.. grin grin grin

We can still take care of our parents while they still live in their house.

And what's wrong with a mother going to live with one of her daughters
Helpout12345:

That mentality you are describing here is not about culture. It's just a show of not being supportive to your partner.

I doubt any sensible man will hear a lady talk like that about this issue during courtship and still marry such lady and vice versa.

Both husband and wife should take care of their parents together as a supportive team they are meant to be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Helpout12345: 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:
A lot of those women are happily married right now.. grin grin grin

We can still take care of our parents while they still live in their house.

And what's wrong with a mother going to live with one of her daughters

I don't care where the parents live or where the daughter or son take care of them from, in this discussion.

I only care when you say "you will take care of your mother alone while your husband takes care of his mother alone". That's not a good mentality for marriage. That's an unsupportive wife or husband's mentality.

Both you and your husband are supposed to take care of your parents together as a team.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 29, 2022
As long as the parents live in their house, then we can contribute something to make sure that they're well taken cared of.. we can even hire someone professional to help look after them when they become too old to look after themselves.

But if they want to live with their kids, my in laws should go and live with their daughters because they're not my responsibility.
Helpout12345:

I don't care where the parents live or where the daughter or son take care of them from, in this discussion.

I only care when you say "you will take care of your mother alone while your husband takes care of his mother alone". That's not a good mentality for marriage. That's an unsupportive wife or husband's mentality.

Both you and your husband are supposed to take care of your parents together as a team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Helpout12345: 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2022
Samantha123:
As long as the parents live in their house, then we can contribute something to make sure that they're well taken cared of.. we can even hire someone professional to help look after them when they become too old to look after themselves.

But if they want to live with their kids, my in laws should go and live with their daughters because they're not my responsibility.

Good at the bolded. That's what matters the most.
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Mercury12(m): 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2022
U see this table enh cheesy
Every year people keep discussing it still no solution cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 29, 2022
I'm not that evil.. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Helpout12345:

Good at the bolded. That's what matters the most.

3 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by rickleye: 12:16am On Oct 30, 2022
finishmatter:
Let's face it!

A mother generally loves you no matter what horrors you commit. She would even take a bullet for you while your wife is more likely to put a bullet IN you.

A mother's love is generally unconditional. A wife's love has conditions - one slip up and you could find yourself on your backside.

A mother still loves you even after you fall in love with your wife.

A mom is a mom forever!!!.

But how does it feel if you have to beg your wife to bring your sick mom to your house for care

https://punchng.com/winning-marriage-battle/

Unless I am a doctor or a nurse why am I bringing my sick mother to the house.
This has to be planned and discussed! How sick is the mother ? Is a nurse hired to look after the mum. ? Is the wife a career woman ? are there kids , does she need round the clock care . ?
Is she undergoing cancer treatment ?
Guys - let me tell you my typical schedule
1. Wake up 6am
2. Kids wake up 6:30
3 . Kids eat , dress out to school bus at 7:15
4. I leave house 7:30am
5. Significant O leaves house 8am.
6. Neighbor picks up kids at 3:30pmz
7. Nanny watches the kid till 6pm.
8. We both arrive 6/6:15pm.
9. Dinner at 7pm
10. Kids have swimming, karate, soccer practice 3 days of the week.
Where in earth in a day do I have time to chill ? And who takes care of her when we are away ?

8 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ObiaboAdoka(m): 5:01am On Oct 30, 2022
VenumX:

it's also a taboo to care for your mum yourself abi?
Ingrate.
Been my wife u r me nd i am also u. D both shall bcum one body. As my flesh nd helpmate my mum is ur mum urs is mine. U ought to take care of my mum like urs. We shouldn't argue over dis. We r Africans nd we got tradition binding us not like d whites who clamour for gender equality.
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 7:40am On Oct 30, 2022
Samantha123:

My only concern is that people like you hide your culture (or character) under religion and pretence. You only unveil this belief system in your marriage, especially when age is no longer on your side.
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 30, 2022
Though I go to church, I'm not the religious type.. so, I'll never hide anything under religion, in fact, I hate it when people use religion as an excuse.

And I'm an open book, when I'm dating a guy, I tell him everything.

I'm also not good at pretending because it gets tiring.
Acidosis:

My only concern is that people like you hide your culture (or character) under religion and pretence. You only unveil this belief system in your marriage, especially when age is no longer on your side.

3 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2022
You guys don't understand what marriage is.

When we get married, we make a vow that we're gonna leave our parents behind and start a new life of our own, without any family members.

There's no vow that says our parents are gonna follow us to where we live and live with us after marriage.

But if it needs be, then every mother should go to her daughter because I'll not be looking after someone else's mother.
Acidosis:

4 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 8:44am On Oct 30, 2022
Samantha123:
You guys don't understand what marriage is.

When we get married, we make a vow that we're gonna leave our parents behind and start a new life of our own, without any family members.

There's no vow that says our parents are gonna follow us to where we live and live with us after marriage.

But if it needs be, then every mother should go to her daughter because I'll not be looking after someone else's mother.

Not every mother has a daughter. Secondly, fathers also need care so when you say you won't look after someone else's mother, you should realize that fathers also get sick and need their son's assistance. You can't stop that.

Like I also mentioned, you cannot stop a man from taking in his mother or father at any point in time. You can only hide under "I will not look after her/him." Any man that has enough room in his house to accommodate his father would not really need you to do any extras. You're not a nurse, a doctor, or anything so I still do not understand your point.

Some wives can't even take care of themselves without the help of a maid in the first place so leave that concern for the maid to handle. They know what to do.

Are you afraid of the "taking care" part or the idea of seeing your in-laws in your home?
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2022
Nice one Samantha123.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 8:56am On Oct 30, 2022
Samantha123:
Though I go to church, I'm not the religious type.. so, I'll never hide anything under religion, in fact, I hate it when people use religion as an excuse.

And I'm an open book, when I'm dating a guy, I tell him everything.

I'm also not good at pretending because it gets tiring.

Wait, you're a South African?

I don't think my arguments would apply to a non Nigerian. Sorry.
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2022
If she doesn't have a daughter, then it's her last born son's wife's responsibility to do so and I don't do last borns or only sons.

I have no issues with the father coming to stay with us, as long as the son takes care of him..

Immidiately an elderly parent comes to stay with his or her kids, it means he or she can't properly look after him or herself anymore and he or she requires assistance maybe with bathing, walking, and even in being taken to the toilet.

And most fathers are good at minding their business, unlike mothers.
Acidosis:

Not every mother has a daughter. Secondly, fathers also need care so when you say you won't look after someone else's mother, you should realize that fathers also get sick and need their son's assistance. You can't stop that.

Like I also mentioned, you cannot stop a man from taking in his mother or father at any point in time. You can only hide under "I will not look after her/him." Any man that has enough room in his house to accommodate his father would not really need you to do any extras. You're not a nurse, a doctor, or anything so I still do not understand your point.

Some wives can't even take care of themselves without the help of a maid in the first place so leave that concern for the maid to handle. They know what to do.

Are you afraid of the "taking care" part or the idea of seeing your in-laws in your home?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2022
Yes, I'm a South African.. grin grin grin
Acidosis:

Wait, you're a South African?

I don't think my arguments would apply to a non Nigerian. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2022
Thanks.. smiley smiley
Jovialjune1:
Nice one Samantha123.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 9:19am On Oct 30, 2022
Samantha123:
Yes, I'm a South African.. grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy

I should have asked earlier. I guess your argument is a common practice in your country. In Nigeria, it's not a common practice to put aged parents in old people's home when the children are very much around. The cost implication (which many can't afford) is also a concern.
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 30, 2022
But the mothers can still go to their daughters and fathers to their sons.

But anyway, our cultures are different.
Acidosis:

cheesy cheesy

I should have asked earlier. I guess your argument is a common practice in your country. In Nigeria, it's not a common practice to put aged parents in old people's home when the children are very much around. The cost implication (which many can't afford) is also a concern.

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by olabrinks(f): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2022
Helpout12345:

it is not right to bring a sick parent to the house, and expect a busy wife and mom to take care of that parent, because the burden will always fall on the woman no matter how much you try to paint it. This is how marital issues occurs. Please try to use wisdom when discussing marital issues.

5 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by BusinessPlan22: 10:04am On Oct 30, 2022
Samantha123:
Either I'm gonna hire a professional to look after my mother when she gets old, or I'll take her to an elderly care home nearby where I'll be staying, so I could visit her every week.

Elderly people can be very tiring and irritating, trust me when I say you wouldn't want to live with any of them.

Ever since my grandmother moved into our family house, there has not been any peace.. she managed to turn her own daughter's kids against each other and she'd insult my mother, her daughter whenever she does something she doesn't like.

Mom is even praying for her mother's demise because she's tired.

You grandmother is a witch, no wonder she's irritating. Nor be so e be everywhere

Ehya... Now I see your family tree. No wonder you behave like this... E affect u small

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by olabrinks(f): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2022
ObiaboAdoka:

Young lady remember one day u will also become a mother in-law oo. As For me, i don't need my wife consent to bring my mom to stay with us period.
try it first and see the problems it will bring to your home. Never ever bring your mother to live in your marital home… it is very wrong! Your wife shouldn’t try the same too. They can visit, but they can’t stay. If your mother is sick, siblings should work together to get the best possible treatment for her. Wife can also put in her judgement and help. But it is wrong for a mother to pack her load into her child’s marital home, unless it’s a critical life and death situation and she has no where else to go.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 30, 2022
Okay.
BusinessPlan22:

You grandmother is a witch, no wonder she's irritating. Nor be so e be everywhere

Ehya... Now I see your family tree. No wonder you behave like this... E affect u small
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 10:50am On Oct 30, 2022
Samantha123:
But the mothers can still go to their daughters and fathers to their sons.

But anyway, our cultures are different.

I see.

You'll need to be very tolerant on Nairaland due to cultural clashes.
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 30, 2022
Don't worry about that.

I really enjoyed our arguments anyway.. grin grin grin

We argue and learn.
Acidosis:

I see.

You'll need to be very tolerant on Nairaland due to cultural clashes.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2022
Samantha123:
Don't worry about that.

I really enjoyed our arguments anyway.. grin grin grin

We argue and learn.

Really? cheesy cheesy

Get ready for more wahala

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex Trafficking In Benin City, Nigeria / Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl / Living With A Dictatorial Father, How Do You Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.