Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,538 members, 7,850,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom (3515 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Nigerian Woman Reconciled With Her Husband On His Sick Bed The Same Day He Died / Man Brings Home His 11yr Old Secret Son To His Wife Of 13yrs (pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 30, 2022
Bring it on because I like it.. grin grin grin
Acidosis:

Really? cheesy cheesy

Get ready for more wahala

2 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ObiaboAdoka(m): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2022
[quote author=olabrinks post=117984999] try it first and see the problems it will bring to your home. Never ever bring your mother to live in your marital home… it is very wrong! Your wife shouldn’t try the same too. They can visit, but they can’t stay. If your mother is sick, siblings should work together to get the best possible treatment for her. Wife can also put in her judgement and help. But it is wrong for a mother to pack her load into her child’s marital home, unless it’s a critical life and death situation and she has no where else to go. [/quote
Na ladies d complain like dis oo.
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by general111(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Seeing all the sacrifices my mother has paid foe me, if she falls sick, she is coming to stay with me..
I will take care of my mother myself.
I am that son every woman would want to have..
If my wife doesnt want this, she can go to hell..
I repeat, she can go to hell..
cry cry.....
If my wife's mother gets sick, she is still coming to stay with me, and i will gladly take care of her..
I will take care of her like i would do my mother.at least i have seen my father do this..
Some people hide their selfishness and wickedness in trying to be modern...

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2022
Samantha123:
Bring it on because I like it.. grin grin grin

You will hear from me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by VenumX: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
ObiaboAdoka:

Been my wife u r me nd i am also u. D both shall bcum one body. As my flesh nd helpmate my mum is ur mum urs is mine. U ought to take care of my mum like urs. We shouldn't argue over dis. We r Africans nd we got tradition binding us not like d whites who clamour for gender equality.

Sh1t talk from an ingrate. Do you think caring for your own mum is beneath you because she is female?

How can you be saying you and your wife are one and still be against gender equality? You are a big f00l.

You can't use your bare hands to care for your own mother. You are now using African bullsh1t talk and 'we are one' manipulation tactic to prove a dumb point.

If you can't take care of your mum, leave another woman who has her own mother alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ObiaboAdoka(m): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
VenumX:

Sh1t talk from an ingrate.

You can't use your bare hands to care for your own mother. You are now using African bullsh1t talk and 'we are one' manipulation tactic to prove a dumb point.

If you can't take care of your mum, leave another woman who has her own mother alone.

OK na.
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by VenumX: 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
ObiaboAdoka:

OK na.

You are speechless because you just told every one here that your mum is beneath you to care for by yourself.

Ingrate.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by VenumX: 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
Africans are very dumb.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ahnie: 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
ObiaboAdoka:

Young lady remember one day u will also become a mother in-law oo. As For me, i don't need my wife consent to bring my mom to stay with us period.
Then be prepared to have issues in your home.you def needs the consent of your wife.

My husband's mum had an accident 4 yrs ago,my hubs is the first son by circumstances.
I vehemently told him straight,I cannot care for your mum,I don't want to be saddled with her,as I barely have time for myself.

Las las she was bundled to the house of her first daughter and she's staying there.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
You did very well and I'm proud of you.. cheesy smiley smiley
ahnie:

Then be prepared to have issues in your home.you def needs the consent of your wife.

My husband's mum had an accident 4 yrs ago,my hubs is the first son by circumstances.
I vehemently told him straight,I cannot care for your mum,I don't want to be saddled with her,as I barely have time for myself.

Las las she was bundled to the house of her first daughter and she's staying there.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ObiaboAdoka(m): 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
[quote author=VenumX post=117987583]

You are speechless because you just told every one here that your mum is beneath you to care for by yourself.

Ingrate.[/quot
R u dis insultive ma'am?
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ObiaboAdoka(m): 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
ahnie:

Okay

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Biglittlelois(f): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2022
Acidosis:

You will hear from me cheesy

Lol see how you light up like a bumblebee because she said she's South African, na wa o.

5 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Acidosis(m): 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Lol see how you light up like a bumblebee because she said she's South African, na wa o.

You wish you were in her shoes right? You wish I would send her or you a PM, ask you out, and all that bullsh*t?

Try harder.

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Biglittlelois(f): 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Acidosis:

You wish you were in her shoes right? You wish I would send her or you a PM, ask you out, and all that bullsh*t?

Try harder.

Is this guy for real cheesy

You? Of all monikers? grin

Chill Acid, I was just teasing.

3 Likes

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Jman06(m): 12:19am On Oct 31, 2022
Useless men everywhere!
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by shantti(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
Samantha123:
If I bring my own mother over, it means I'll be the one taking care of her.

If the son will be the one taking care of his mother too, then he can bring her over.

Nawa for ur mindset, is is still marriage if u guys think like this

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marriage is about leaving our parents behind and starting a life of our own.
shantti:

Nawa for ur mindset, is is still marriage if u guys think like this
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2022
finishmatter:
Let's face it!

A mother generally loves you no matter what horrors you commit. She would even take a bullet for you while your wife is more likely to put a bullet IN you.

A mother's love is generally unconditional. A wife's love has conditions - one slip up and you could find yourself on your backside.

A mother still loves you even after you fall in love with your wife.

A mom is a mom forever!!!.

But how does it feel if you have to beg your wife to bring your sick mom to your house for care

https://punchng.com/winning-marriage-battle/

this issue needs emotional intelligence, not to be just biased towards daughter in law, Something would have happened before, hence hubby is begging, what if mom in law was abusive

The queston is were are her own relatives, her own sisters, cousins etc

Yes in same cultures it is taboo for daughter in law to take care of her mother in law in very ill situations were daughter in law has to take care of her very personal care (bathing up and down
toilet) . If it happens like that the hubby's family has to pay for her gratitude. Daughter in law shouldnt see her mom's law unclothedness through such conditions while her other relatives are there.

If unfortunate that daughter in law at the end of if were hubby impose wife to look after the mother in law, Coming for treatment etc over a short period is ok and when mom
can still, do her own personal hygiene .

Its a complex issue that need intelligence and we might biased by love, culture and tradition.

Good points have been raised by few wereby if she dies, daugher in law is blamed

99% hubby wont do anything expect paying for the bills and food while wife had to take care of her, the kids and hubby, She will be exhuasted and no one changes her 24hr job

Its always easier for direct relatives to take care if their own, to avoid fights between mom and daughter in law

The same logic used in some cultures on the 1st pregnant wife is send back to her parents, on the last two or one month, for her mom to take care of her from there on till the baby is two months or more. Reason her mom can tolerate anything when comes to mood swing and can bath her in the worse can scenario
etc,

We are against mother -in -law coming in for treatment etc but are saying if she is ill to the point needing help with personal care, then its nolonger the duty of daughter in law, to take care of her unless the two have a very good relationship

From the story on the link the writer talks of his sisters helping him during university, but they dont appear anywhere in the role of looking after their mom.

Their is a common thing among some men, whereby they see that its the duty of their wives to look after their own mother, especially towards the end of their life. Its hard job to do
elderly people are not that easy to take care of especially if you got no training, on conditions they might have

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by finishmatter: 3:48pm On Nov 01, 2022
Samantha123:
I repeat, respect other people's cultures.

If that's my son in law's family belief, then I'll respect it.. where we're from we respect each other's cultures.

Good opinion

1 Like

Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by finishmatter: 9:32am On Nov 02, 2022
ahnie:

why will the man needs the consent of his wife?
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by ahnie: 9:33am On Nov 02, 2022
finishmatter:

why will the man needs the consent of his wife?
She's his wife for God sakes,and the one that would care for the woman.
Re: Man Begs Wife To Bring Home His Sick Mom by AlphaTaikun: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2022
olabrinks:
try it first and see the problems it will bring to your home. Never ever bring your mother to live in your marital home… it is very wrong! Your wife shouldn’t try the same too. They can visit, but they can’t stay. If your mother is sick, siblings should work together to get the best possible treatment for her. Wife can also put in her judgement and help. But it is wrong for a mother to pack her load into her child’s marital home, unless it’s a critical life and death situation and she has no where else to go.
If the house is big enough with many rooms, then you can bring any of your aged parents in, and employ the services of a domestic help or a care-giver. Better still rent a house nearby and get a domestic help to assist and keep the
pressures of daily living down.

African and Asian societies have always been communal with folks living together in separate wings of large family compounds which the
Yorubas for instance call "agbo ile," unlike in the West where folks are largely aloof and keep their aged parents in old people's homes. This is where a culture clash exists.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does obeah really exist?/Going to the evil Herbalist, does it really work? / I Am Tired Of My Marriage / Letter To My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.