Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? (13843 Views)

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / These Are North Korea’s 28 State-approved Hairstyles / Why Is Gaddafi A Pan-africanist When Arabs Generally Dont Like 'black' Africans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by nolongTing: 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2011
Are North africans, Arabs or African? They live in Africa but seem to associate themselves with Arabian culture and they are also members of the Arab league. The fighting in Libya has also magnified the differences, the rebels seem to describe dark skin people as Africans so what are they? Why not cut North Africa from the African map or drive them out to the middle-east?
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by cdoffx(m): 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2011
I so much believe in history but i've no history about this at hand history should tell us whether they migrated to Africa or they are actually African like the black Americans we know even though some brainwashed amongst them want to associate with the whites but we know their ancestors are Africans
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by logic101: 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2011
nolongTing:

Are North africans, Arabs or African? They live in Africa but seem to associate themselves with Arabian culture and they are also members of the Arab league. The fighting in Libya has also magnified the differences, the rebels seem to describe dark skin people as Africans so what are they? Why not cut North Africa from the African map or drive them out to the middle-east?

the current inhabitants of some of the lands in north africa are of arabian descent.Would give you more information
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by asmith1617: 12:52am On Aug 21, 2011
When I visited North Africa/Morocco in 2008 I got the impression that they distance themselves from Africa.  They are definitely just as racist as some Whites.

The White people in North africa are not true arabs.  true arabs are Black.  For a better understanding visit savethetruearabs.com

The real arabs are still alive,and they a got a story to tell about what is an arab.You people need to understand that we are the original men and women,stop giving whites that attention,they are just children,you can't limit black history to Afrika.

A True Story

"I am Miskeen-for those who know me! My color is dark-the color of the Arabs!"

(words of Miskeen Al Darimi- 7th century AD.)

! انا مسكين لمن يعرفني- لوني السمرة- الوان العرب

(كلمات مسكين الدارمي- القرن السابع الميلادي)

What compelled the famous 7th century pure Arab poet Miskeen Al Darimi to say these words? Before I explain the story behind these words and their significance, I should give some background knowledge about Miskeen Al Darimi.

ماذا جعل مسكين الدارمي- الشاعرالعربي المحض المشهور من القرن السابع - يقول هذه الكلمات؟ قبل ان اشرح القصة وراء هذه الكلمات و اهمية الكلمات, ينبغي ان اعطي القراء قليل من المعلومات الخلفية عن مسكين الدارمي

Miskeen Al Darimi was from the famous pure Arab tribe of Darim. The tribe of Darim is a tribe descended from the well-known Adnani tribe of Tamim .

مسكين الدارمي من قبيلة دارم- القبيلة العربية المحض المشهورة و قبيلة دارم منحدرة من القبيلة العدنانية المعروفة- تميم

Miskeen once proposed to a woman, but she rejected him because of his poorness and his blackness. The woman married another man instead who was richer than Miskeen, but who was from a tribe not as noble and pure as Miskeen's tribe. Miskeen once saw the woman and man together and he stopped and said to them: I am Miskeen-for those who know me! My color is dark-the color of the Arabs! Click here for the full story in Arabic.

خطب مسكين امرءة فرفضته لقلة ماله و سواد لونه. و تزوجت المرأة رجل آخر ذوا مال ولاكن نسبه ليس كمثل نسب مسكين. راى مسكين المرأة و زوجها ذات يوم فقال لهما: انا مسكين لمن يعرفني- لوني السمرة- الوان العرب! اضغط هنا للقصة ااكاملة

This story shows that as long as 14 hundred years ago, Miskeen Al Darimi felt the need to remind people of what a pure Arab looks like. With the large scale mixing of non Arab blood with Arab blood which started during the Islamic conquests, Miskeen apparently saw the danger of people losing knowledge of what the true Arabs looked like. He obviously felt that we might reach a state where the true Arabs were looked upon as not true Arabs and the mixed Arabs were seen as true Arabs. He attempted to save the true Arabs from being lost as a result of ignorance and deceit.

هذه القصة تبين ان قبل اكثر من اربعة عشر قرن شعر مسكين الدارمي بضرورة تذكير الناس بلون العرب الحقيقيين. مع اختلاط الدم العربي مع الدم الاعجمي الذي وقع كثير زمن الفتوحات الاسلامية, خاف مسكين ان تفقد الناس معرفة لون العرب الحقيقيين. يبدو انه خاف ان يصل الامر الى ان ترى العرب الحقيقيون كانهم مختلطون و نرى العرب المختلطون كانهم العرب الحقيقيون. حاول مسكين الدارمي ان ينقذ العرب الحقيقيين من الضياع بسبب الجهل و الخداع.

This is exactly what we at Save the True Arabs aim at doing. Like Miskeen Al Darimi, we aim at letting the world know that the original Arabs were a black-skinned people and that black skin is a sign of purity of Arab blood. Our aim is to remove the dark-skinned Arabs from the background and put them back in the forefront of the Arab world like they once were.

هذا بعينه ما نحن في انقذوا العرب الحقيقيين بصدد فعله. مثل مسكين الدارمي هدفنا ان نحيط الكل علما بان العرب الاصليين كانوا ذووا بشرة سوداء و ان البشرة السوداء كانت دليل على خلاص نسب العربي. هدفنا ان نأخذ العرب ذووا البشرة الداكنة من الوراء و نضعهم في الامام في العالم العربي كما كانوا في الماضي.

One might ask why we are concerning ourselves with the appearance of the original Arabs. The answer is simply because 1.) It's a truth that most people are unaware of and we believe in spreading the truth. 2.) What most people believe now is falsehood and deception and we believe in putting an end to the spread of falsehood and deception. 3.) The dark-skinned Arabs of the past and present are being wronged as long as this falsehood goes unchecked. The dark-skinned, true Arabs have, in effect, been stripped of their true identity. We believe in speaking out for and defending the wronged and oppressed. We at Save the True Arabs believe that what has been done to the true Arabs is an outrage and must not be left unopposed.

Is there ever a time that we should be silent about the truth? Why the silence? If it's proven beyond a shadow of doubt that the Arabs of the past described the pure Arabs as black-skinned and kinky-haired, is there any reason we should today allow the pure Arabs to be described any way other than the way they described themselves?

"There is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world."

--Thomas Jefferson

Another reason it's important to correct misconceptions about history and the origins and appearances of people is to avert conflicts throughout the world. A prime case in point is the conflict that exists in the Middle East today. Without a doubt if it were common knowledge that the Arabs were/are a black-skinned people, the problem that we now see in the Middle East wouldn't exist at all and all of the deaths and hardships that this problem has caused would have been avoided. Therefore, no one should think that this topic is something unimportant or not worth trying to understand and fix. Neglecting this topic has resulted in many wars and deaths over the years.

Another reason it's very necessary that people understand the importance of knowing the appearance of peoples is to avoid commiting the grave sin of claiming better judgment than Allah (God) and claiming an ability to choose better than Allah (God). This is a form of shirk (associating partners with Allah) and disbelief. Allow me to explain exactly what I mean. The fact that prejudice against dark skin exists in the Arab/Islamic World today is something that cannot be denied by anyone. It's very unfortunate and ironic, but it's an undeniable fact that we must admit. Claiming that it doesn't exist helps no one. There is prejudice against dark skin and there are also people who are not prejudice against dark skin, but who believe in their hearts that light skin is better than dark skin. Allow me to explain how both cases are very dangerous ideas that can make an unbeliever out of a believer. All Muslims believe that humankind is descended from Adam. Muslims also believe what Allah (God) says in the Quran about the creation of our father Adam. Muslims believe that Allah's creation of Adam was a special creation and that Allah (God) didn't simply say "Be" and he was, but He (Allah) created and fashioned our father Adam with His own two hands. Allah chose what to create our father Adam from and what characteristics to give him. Allah says in the Quran that He created our father Adam from black mud.

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ مِنْ صَلْصَالٍ مِنْ حَمَإٍ مَسْنُونٍ

"Verily We created man from a black, fermented clay."

As you can see, Allah (God) says that he created our father Adam from black mud. That makes it quite clear what color Adam was. Not only that, but Allah (God) then named our father Adam "Adam", which means black-skinned.

Allah (God) then ordered Iblis (Satan) to bow down to His special creation that He created with His own two hands. However, Iblis (Satan) was arrogant and he refused to bow and said:

قَالَ لَمْ أَكُنْ لِأَسْجُدَ لِبَشَرٍ خَلَقْتَهُ مِنْ صَلْصَالٍ مِنْ حَمَإٍ مَسْنُونٍ

"I refuse to bow down to a man that You created from black, fermented mud."

Iblis (Satan) thought that he was better than our father Adam. This was the first example of prejudice--the first example of comparing and judging. Allah (God) then cursed Iblis (Satan) and expelled him from Paradise. Iblis asked Allah (God) to delay his punishment until the Day of Resurrection and Allah (God) agreed to do so. Iblis then said that he would mislead as many of the children of Adam that he could. One way that he is trying to mislead them is by convincing many of them to dislike the color that Allah (God) chose to create our father Adam. Iblis saw our father Adam and knows what color he was even if many of the children of Adam don't know today. This is why you find this distaste for dark skin today and racial prejudice against dark-skinned people. Iblis (Satan) encourages man to dislike and look down on what Allah chose, hence the distaste for dark skin in the minds, hearts, and on the tongues of many of the children of Adam. It all goes back to Iblis (Satan) and his arrogance and his hatred toward our father Adam and his looking down on our father Adam and his thinking that he knows what is good better than Allah (God). Iblis promised that he would mislead the children of Adam and make them follow his way and this is exactly what he is doing.

Muslims believe that Allah (God) is the best of creators as Allah (God) says in the Quran:

فتبارك‏ ‏الله‏ ‏أحسن‏ ‏الخالقين

"Glory to Allah--the Best of Creators"

And as He also says in the Quran:

ما ‏ترى‏ ‏في‏ ‏خلق‏ ‏الرحمن‏ ‏من‏ ‏تفاوت‏ ‏

"You will find no defects in Allah's creation."

Knowing this and believing this, is it possible for a Muslim who knows that Allah (God) created our father black-skinned to prefer a color over the color that Allah chose? If he/she does so, what does that mean?

Another reason we are raising this awareness of the appearance of the original Arabs is so that it can be clear to all who are prejudice against dark skin and all who look down on dark skin that they are prejudice against and looking down on the Prophet Mohamed's people and family and they are also prejudice against and looking down on other prophets. I have proven on this website that the Arabs were a black-skinned people. All Muslims should also know that the Prophet Moses was black-skinned because the Prophet Mohamed described him as black-skinned. What I am saying here on this website are not things that I have made up. Everything that I am saying is written clearly in the reliable books of the past. The question is, why are people ignoring these things?

2 Likes

Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by nolongTing: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2011
logic101:

the current inhabitants of some of the lands in north africa are of arabian descent.Would give you more information

I look forward to your info. so we can enlighten ourselves on this issue. wink wink wink
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by nolongTing: 10:49am On Aug 21, 2011
asmith1617:

When I visited North Africa/Morocco in 2008 I got the impression that they distance themselves from Africa.  They are definitely just as racist as some Whites.

The White people in North africa are not true arabs.  true arabs are Black.  For a better understanding visit savethetruearabs.com

wow! I was looking for a discussion but you have overloaded me with so much information, I will have a good read later on and get back to you - well done.
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by nolongTing: 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2011

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[size=13pt]For anyone interested in this topic this site provides a wealth of information http://savethetruearabs.com/index.html thanks again @asmith1617[/size]
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by pleep(m): 12:03am On Aug 22, 2011
North of the Tuareg they wouldnt be considered black. These people are mixed with all sorts of European ethnic groups from Pre-Islamic times and the south Europeans are mixed with them.

at some point North Africans were probably darker skinned but right now no.
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by pleep(m): 1:38am On Aug 22, 2011
nolongTing:

Thats true, lets hope the same dose not happen to sub saharan Africa  grin grin grin grin

Amen!
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by morpheus24: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
@ poster

There is a lot of info out there on ancient North Africans before hoards of Arabs invaded the territory and turned them into Caliphates. North Africa is an extension of colonisations coming from the Abrabian pennisula.

It should be noted there that there were many ethnic groups the existed in North Africa pre the islamic invasions that were ARABIZED included many Black north African groups.

So to answer you question. North Africans are a mixture of indigenous North Africans(including Black Africans, ancient nubian, amazigh and Tehemu)dating back to pre caliphates all bastardized into what you know as Arab North Africa today.

This groups are still marginilized by their Arab invaders and some till now fight for autonomy and recogniction of their ancient languages.

2 Likes

Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by nolongTing: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2011
morpheus24:

@ poster

There is a lot of info out there on ancient North Africans before hoards of Arabs invaded the territory and turned them into Caliphates. North Africa is an extension of colonisations coming from the Abrabian pennisula.

It should be noted there that there were many ethnic groups the existed in North Africa pre the islamic invasions that were ARABIZED included many Black north African groups.

So to answer you question. North Africans are a mixture of indigenous North Africans(including Black Africans, ancient nubian, amazigh and Tehemu)dating back to pre caliphates all bastardized into what you know as Arab North Africa today.

This groups are still marginilized by their Arab invaders and some till now fight for autonomy and recogniction of their ancient languages.

hmm the Arab spring is becoming clearer by the day - Arabs want to carry out ethnic cleansing and Europeans want oil.
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by morpheus24: 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
nolongTing:

hmm the Arab spring is becoming clearer by the day - Arabs want to carry out ethnic cleansing and Europeans want oil.

Arabs have always controlled the government and countries they invade. The minority groups are always marginalized. Case in point take Mexico for example. I dare you to pull a picture of the president and cabinet of this country. take a good at them and then google pictures of commone rural mexican. See ifyou can tell a difference in the phenotypical disparities. here's a few pics of descendants of ancient N. Africa. PLEASE NOTE THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT ETHNICALLY ARAB

Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by nolongTing: 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
morpheus24:

Arabs have always controlled the government and countries they invade. The minority groups are always marginalized. Case in point take Mexico for example. I dare you to pull a picture of the president and cabinet of this country. take a good at them and then google pictures of commone rural mexican. See ifyou can tell a difference in the phenotypical disparities. here's a few pics of descendants of ancient N. Africa. PLEASE NOTE THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT ETHNICALLY ARAB

Thanks for the info, I'll check that out wink wink
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by morpheus24: 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
More non Arab N. Africans:

Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by NegroNtns(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2011
<quote>

pleep:
Quote from: nolongTing on Yesterday at 12:33:58 AM

Thats true, lets hope the same dose not happen to sub saharan Africa 

Amen!

</quote>

On one part Afrians want to tell the rest of the world that Africa and its ancient civilizations belong to the dark skinned but yet he is scared of letting go his Western philosophy which teaches him otherwise and instructs that Africa south of the Sahara is the home of the dark skinned and they were found in paganism until the white man's rescue arrived, with that of Arabs to teach them there is a God.

Its either we will reincarnate our own philosophy and live by them to reinvent and reclaim our lands or we will continue to follow foreing philosophies and remain enslaved in foreign ideologies that are counter to our nature and way of life.
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by teejay2000: 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
North africans are africans geographically but culturally they are arabs. They prefer to be seen as part of the middle east rather than africa.

1 Like

Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by nolongTing: 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
I guess this explains why the rebels/rats/ntc are in a hurry to wipe out all subsaharan Africans by labelling them as Gaddaffi mercenaries.
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by Nmeri17: 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
they are just a confused set of Muslims. not sure of their identity. neither here nor there they prolly feel like packing their lands on their head and camels and SOJOURNING towards the middle east. smh -_-
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by morpheus24: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nmeri17:
they are just a confused set of Muslims. not sure of their identity. neither here nor there they prolly feel like packing their lands on their head and camels and SOJOURNING towards the middle east. smh -_-

THey are not confused just Arabized and Islamilized. This culture and religion trump their own heritages.
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by omoiseselagba: 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
nolongTing:
THERE IS NOTHING CALLED AFRICANS.I DONT KNOW WHY WE ALLOW WHITE PEOPLE TO CALL US WHAT WE ARE NOT.THE NAME AFRICA WAS GIVEN TO THE REGION OF EGYPT AND PART OF LIBYA BY ANCIENT GREEKS AND ROMANS.AN ARAB IS AN ARAB ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD AND THEY DONT JOKE WITH THAT.I AM A YORUBA MAN AND NOT ANY MOFO SMELLOS AFRICAN.
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by morpheus24: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
omoiseselagba:
THERE IS NOTHING CALLED AFRICANS.I DONT KNOW WHY WE ALLOW WHITE PEOPLE TO CALL US WHAT WE ARE NOT.THE NAME AFRICA WAS GIVEN TO THE REGION OF EGYPT AND PART OF LIBYA BY ANCIENT GREEKS AND ROMANS.AN ARAB IS AN ARAB ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD AND THEY DONT JOKE WITH THAT.I AM A YORUBA MAN AND NOT ANY MOFO SMELLOS AFRICAN.

Yoruba is your ethno-linguistic identity much the same as an Arab.

However outside of this identification, an Arab is identified on a national level as in Jordanian, Syrian,Palestinian( a new word for Philistine) and a Saudi Arabian.

In geographic unison, they are refered to as West Asian/middle easterners

If there is nothing called Africa, then there is nothing called Asia or Europe for that matter.
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by ThaProphet(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
Just as some have said already. The current composition of N. Africa has changed from its original composition. Northern Africa was invaded and islamicised and Arabised. The indigenous cultures in that region are being dominated and Arabised.

About the question of cutting N. Africa off...it is not realistic. What can be done is to preserve the history of the region so that it is not forgotten.

People migrate, wars are fought, people are conquered , these things happen.
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by Garvey1: 2:14am On Nov 27, 2014
Finally Blacks are waking up......
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by igbo2011(m): 4:53am On Nov 27, 2014
They are Arab invaders!!!
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
nolongTing:
North Africans are whatever they decide to call themselves. They have the right to be whatever they want to be. The Sahara desert has always limited interactions between black Africa and them. All these things don't really matter anyway. I eat, drink and get laid when I want to. What does it matter which group a people prefer to be identified with?
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by panafrican(m): 4:02am On Dec 20, 2014
Mixture ! They are Desert "niggas " grin
Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by Garvey1: 2:04am On Dec 26, 2014
Blacks must remember that the arab Slave /Trans Sahara slave trade existed 1000 years before the european Slave trade and so the effect of that trade still has not been corrected.That is why blue black Africans can destroy their Black brothers and sisters in the name of Islam and feel no remorse because the view themselves as arabs and not Africans.It is the same with Black christains who view themselves as white and despise being black.These created blacks should look at the way blacks are treated in the lands of the arabs and whites as animals.Blacks are always trying to escape from their blackness,our minds are really screwed up as a race.

1 Like

Re: Are North Africans, Arabs Or African? by tpia0002: 2:36am On Dec 26, 2014
they are North African, descended from various Mediterranean and Mid Eastern peoples.

(1) (Reply)

Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' / Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record / Judge Rules Trump Defrauded Banks, Insurers While Building Real Estate Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.