Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,177 members, 7,849,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? (14294 Views)

Did Jesus Have A Favourite Apostle? / The First Ever Female Apostle In West Africa. / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2022
blueAgent:

You make me laugh, it's obvious you don't know the meaning of christainity and salvation.

David called Jesus his Lord and Saviour.

Psalms 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Psalms 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Job on Jesus.
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

what are you saying, where is the name JESUS mentioned in all these your naratives

i have asked you again tell me a passage in the bible where the name of JESUS CHRIST was mentioned
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
ezechi242:

what are you saying, where is the name JESUS mentioned in all these your naratives

i have asked you again tell me a passage in the bible where the name of JESUS CHRIST was mentioned

Are you that naive?

Was Jesus not also known as Lord,Messiah, Saviour, deliverer, King e.t c?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by wirinet(m): 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2022
blueAgent:

Are you that naive?

By who? By you or the Jews? Did the Jews ever call Jesus Messiah, Saviour, Deliverer, King? He was mocked and killed for calling himself "King of the jews".
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
blueAgent:

Are you that naive?

What are you saying?

Even Baal was also called lord by its worshipers ....were in the old testament was the name Jesus called not lord or messier, be direct na
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2022
wirinet:

By who? By you or the Jews? Did the Jews ever call Jesus Messiah, Saviour, Deliverer, King? He was mocked and killed for calling himself "King of the jews".

I tire for that guy o.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 2:53am On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:
1. Did Jesus pray in the name of Jesus? ....lol

2. Or your pastor didnt tell you that Christianity means Christ like. grin grin na wa o. Well I guess you don't know so let me tell you ...it started in Rome by a roman emperor. Christian it is not a religion of tge Jews, it is a religion of slave masters to continue oppressing the oppressed.
1. Jesus Christ could not have prayed in His own Name since Jesus Christ lived His life in submission and obedience of God's Old Law of Moses, the National Constition of the Nation of Israel, as given by those to those who are of the blood of Jacob aka the Jews alone - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20.
15 “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16 I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17 But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18 you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.
19 “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20 You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15
What this means is that any non-jew non-resident of the Land of Canaan, who pretends to worship according to the constitution of the Nation of Israel, not only insults God but condemns God a fool by his claim to be of the Jewish belief. undecided

2. Indeed Jesus Christ did not give a religion but a Law to the people, an agreement by which men are called to live according to God's Law in the Kingdom of God. So, I concede that the religion that goes by the name "Christianity" is removed in all ways from the person of Jesus Christ. undecided

P.S. I am in no way attempting here to hold brief for anyone abeg!
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:
In case you don't know the old testament wasn't even written by Christ , the Egyptians had those commandments even before Christ
What particular commandments did the Egyptians have before Jesus Christ? undecided

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:
And for your info Jesus does not have any commandment God does ...the commandment which the Israelites obeyed whlas from the supreme being and not of Jesus.
According to the Gospels accounts, Jesus Christ did in fact have commandments which He gave to His followers - about 100 of them in fact. And He made clear that only those who submit and obey His teachings and commandments belong to Him, and are hence of God. So? undecided

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:
1. My problem with you Christians is that you refuse to think when ever the bible is mentioned. Why would God allow humans to sin just so he could kill his only son?

2. Instead of killing his o my son why didnt he just forgive us all, if he couldn't forgive us without shedding the blood of his son eh would he expect humans to forgive without thinking?

3. You people should start asking questions rather than just reading the bible. And didn't tell me you can't question God ....lol
1. According to the scriptural accounts, God didn't do what you claim. So? undecided

2. Again, your argument does not even come close to that in fact documented in scripture of what God in fact did instead, so? undecided

3. I understand the gullibility of the religious, but what is your excuse as one who pretends not to be one of them, for your ignorance of that which is in fact stated in scripture which you pretend to argue here? undecided

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by atheistconverta: 4:28am On Nov 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
None

It's childish and unchristian like comparing prophets/apostles. Infact no one is greater than the other in the kingdom
Liar!

Luke 7:28 (KJV) For I say unto you, AMONG THOSE THAT ARE BORN OF WOMEN THERE IS NOT A GREATER PROPHET THAN JOHN THE BAPTIST: BUT HE THAT IS LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS GREATER THAN HE.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by atheistconverta: 4:34am On Nov 02, 2022
awakmfon03:

You are very correct, it's either the person who created this post is not a believer or the person has not been reading the Bible correctly
Stop being a hypocrite! What makes someone a believer but following Jesus examples and teachings?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by atheistconverta: 4:40am On Nov 02, 2022
damosky12:

Did you know that Jesus never taught nor showed that John was Jesus' favourite disciple. It's never in God's nature to be partial.
Hypocrite! For you to deny the glaring obvious, proves that your grouse has nothing to do with Christ but personal sentiments. It's antichrist to kick against the teachings and example of Christ just because it doesn't agree with your sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by phemmyfour: 4:52am On Nov 02, 2022
atheistconverta:
Liar!

Luke 7:28 (KJV) For I say unto you, AMONG THOSE THAT ARE BORN OF WOMEN THERE IS NOT A GREATER PROPHET THAN JOHN THE BAPTIST: BUT HE THAT IS LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS GREATER THAN HE.
The key to the understanding of Jesus’ statement comes in the second part of the sentence. “He that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than John.” It is obvious from this that Jesus is using a specific measure of greatness when He speaks about John the Baptist.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by awakmfon03(m): 7:48am On Nov 02, 2022
atheistconverta:
Stop being a hypocrite! What makes someone a believer but following Jesus examples and teachings?
" Some say I am for Apollo's and others said I am for Paul" 1 Corinth 1....down
There's no room for favoritism. There is only one Christ that all were baptised into
My favorite Apostle brought about division in the church in Corinth which made Paul rebuked them and admonished them to only concentrate in Christ whom all the apostle are servants to. There are no favorite among them.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by atheistconverta: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2022
awakmfon03:

" Some say I am for Apollo's and others said I am for Paul" 1 Corinth 1....down
There's no room for favoritism. There is only one Christ that all were baptised into
My favorite Apostle brought about division in the church in Corinth which made Paul rebuked them and admonished them to only concentrate in Christ whom all the apostle are servants to. There are no favorite among them.
That's why I asked to stop being a hypocrite. It's obvious you had a favourite but still accused someone who followed the teachings and example of Jesus of not being a Christian because his view did not align with your own sentiments. What makes someone a Christian but following Christ's example and teachings? You obviously don't care about Christ or His interest but just using that as an excuse to justify your grouse.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by atheistconverta: 10:32am On Nov 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
The key to the understanding of Jesus’ statement comes in the second part of the sentence. “He that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than John.” It is obvious from this that Jesus is using a specific measure of greatness when He speaks about John the Baptist.
Really shameless. After your lies has been clearly exposed by the truth, you're still here talking nonsense. Continue arguing blindly but not with anyone but the teachings of Christ which exposed your falsehood.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by phemmyfour: 11:01am On Nov 02, 2022
atheistconverta:
Really shameless. After your lies has been clearly exposed by the truth, you're still here talking nonsense. Continue arguing blindly but not with anyone but the teachings of Christ which exposed your falsehood.
You're spiritual illiterate, you are slow to receiving knowledge
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by awakmfon03(m): 11:22am On Nov 02, 2022
atheistconverta:
That's why I asked to stop being a hypocrite. It's obvious you had a favourite but still accused someone who followed the teachings and example of Jesus of not being a Christian because his view did not align with your own sentiments. What makes someone a Christian but following Christ's example and teachings? You obviously don't care about Christ or His interest but just using that as an excuse to justify your grouse.

What do you really mean cos I don't understand you. Are you trying to say that there is nothing wrong in favoring one Apostle over another? No offense but take note, being a Christian is not living a moral and righteous life. It's about salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. There are people who actually live the life as prescribed by Christ through law and moral upbringing but that doesn't make them Christians except they believe in Christ Jesus.

Please I need to understand what your point of argument in other to know how to respond. Thanks
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. According to the scriptural accounts, God didn't do what you claim. So? undecided

2. Again, your argument does not even come close to that in fact documented in scripture of what God in fact did instead, so? undecided

3. I understand the gullibility of the religious, but what is your excuse as one who pretends not to be one of them, for your ignorance of that which is in fact stated in scripture which you pretend to argue here? undecided

Apart from the so called scripture is there no other thing u can reference to?.

See why I said Christians don't think whenever the bible is mentioned?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:
1.Apart from the so called scripture is there no other thing u can reference to?.

2. See why I said Christians don't think whenever the bible is mentioned?
1. You give me an idea of what you would expect me to reference? undecided

2. I didn't mention the bible to you so I don't follow at all. undecided
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 2:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:

What are you saying?

Even Baal was also called lord by its worshipers ....were in the old testament was the name Jesus called not lord or messier, be direct na

You think you are smart?

Disprove that David, Moses,Joshua, Job,Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, were not referring to Jesus in those Bible verses I gave and this one's below.

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Abraham.
The “I Am” in whom Abraham rejoiced was Jesus (John 8:56–58).

Psalms 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mark 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. 12:37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

Jesus.
John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
wirinet:

You are a joker.

David,Abraham,Paul,Joshua, Moses,Isaac,Job and many more were less Jews?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2022
blueAgent:

You think you are smart?

Disprove that David, Moses,Joshua, Job,Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, were not referring to Jesus in those Bible verses I gave and this one's below.

Abraham.
The “I Am” in whom Abraham rejoiced was Jesus (John 8:56–58).

Mark 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. 12:37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

Jesus.
John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

grin grin You just don't want to answer me.....were in the bible did any one calls the name JESUS .

what is
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:

grin grin You just don't want to answer me.....were in the bible did any one calls the name JESUS .

what is

And i asked you to disprove that David, Moses,Abraham, Joshua ,Isaac,Jacob e.t.c did not know or call Jesus by other names.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2022
blueAgent:

And i asked you to disprove that David, Moses,Abraham, Joshua ,Isaac,Jacob e.t.c did not know or call Jesus by other names.

They knew Jehovah by those names not Jesus.

Who knew God had a child before the birth of Christ.

Do you know the name of your great grand child?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:

They knew Jehovah by those names not Jesus.

Who knew God had a child before the birth of Christ.

Do you know the name of your great grand child?

I don laugh tire at your bible skills.

What you don't know, you should humble yourself and learn.

Is it God or Jesus that would come to the earth to judge the World?
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

Was David referring to God or Jesus in this verse?

Would bornagain christains be transformed to look like God or Jesus?
Psalms 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

Please answer this questions.

Did Jesus lie when he said Moses Wrote about him?

How did Moses knew about Jesus before he was born?

Mind you Jesus was existing with his father, God before he came to Earth, was born ,died and ressurected.

It was Jesus that visited Abraham,with 2 other men.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by atheistconverta: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
awakmfon03:

What do you really mean cos I don't understand you. Are you trying to say that there is nothing wrong in favoring one Apostle over another? No offense but take note, being a Christian is not living a moral and righteous life. It's about salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. There are people who actually live the life as prescribed by Christ through law and moral upbringing but that doesn't make them Christians except they believe in Christ Jesus.

Please I need to understand what your point of argument in other to know how to respond. Thanks
The point is did Jesus have a favourite apostle? Yes or no? If He did, then would it be unchristian to do likewise? Everyone had their favourite persons, people they loved the most, including apostle Paul. You even admitted he's your favourite, so quit the hypocrisy! As for the bolded, if you like, use that to false idea to justify living a sinful life. Just know it though that no worker of iniquity, including all those who claim to believe in Jesus, would be allowed into His kingdom. Matthew 13:41
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by atheistconverta: 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
You're spiritual illiterate, you are slow to receiving knowledge
Even the spiritually brain-dead are yet proudly claiming knowledge. No wonder Jesus said, "do not cast your spiritual pearls and treasure before the dogs and swine, because they would trample it under their feet and try to rend you," because they are blind to spiritual quality. If you could be yet blind to the teachings of Jesus which clearly exposed how spiritually daft your idea that there's no one greater in the kingdom of God, how much more those of His servants? So it's well obvious that it's Christ teachings you're against not someone else, because they bring your evil thoughts to light. #antichrist
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by awakmfon03(m): 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2022
atheistconverta:
The point is did Jesus have a favourite apostle? Yes or no? If He did, then would it be unchristian to do likewise? Everyone had their favourite persons, people they loved the most, including apostle Paul. You even admitted he's your favourite, so quit the hypocrisy! As for the bolded, if you like, use that to false idea to justify living a sinful life. Just know it though that no worker of iniquity, including all those who claim to believe in Jesus, would be allowed into His kingdom. Matthew 13:41

Oh I now understand you but you actually quoted me out of context. I did not say Paul is my favorite, I only quoted a verse in the scripture where the Corinthians were contesting who their Apostle was.

You see the word FAVORITE is an English word with meaning that has to do with preference (over something or someone) Christ Jesus didn't prefer any of his apostle over another. The fact that some apostles were very close to Him didn't mean He prefers them over others.

In Matthew 13 Jesus was teaching on the planting of good seed (Believers) by a farmer (Christ) and the enemy (the devil) came in and planted bad seeds (false convert). Note these bad seeds (wolves in sheep clothing) were NEVER believers but were planted among TRUE believers to corrupt them. And those are the ones Christ will weed out of his kingdom and not the ones He planted that were GOOD SEEDS.
Thanks for your time
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
Apostle Judas Iscariot
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
blueAgent:

I don laugh tire at your bible skills.

What you don't know, you should humble yourself and learn.

Is it God or Jesus that would come to the earth to judge the World?
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

Was David referring to God or Jesus in this verse?

Would bornagain christains be transformed to look like God or Jesus?

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

Please answer this questions.

Did Jesus lie when he said Moses Wrote about him?

How did Moses knew about Jesus before he was born?

Mind you Jesus was existing with his father, God before he came to Earth, was born ,died and ressurected.

It was Jesus that visited Abraham,with 2 other men.

I have asked you over 5 different questions but you keep beating arround without any tangible answer.

All the verses you've been referring to doesnt have the name JESUS written on it. So what else are you saying.

They only knew a Messiah will come but they never knew it was Jesus or the son of God.

How can you write about someone don't k ow if he exists, they know about Jehovah and not Jesus .

Every verse in the old testament was about God and the Israelites there is no verse that called Jesus in the entire old testament.

Go and read over again
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:

I have asked you over 5 different questions but you keep beating arround without any tangible answer.

All the verses you've been referring to doesnt have the name JESUS written on it. So what else are you saying.

They only knew a Messiah will come but they never knew it was Jesus or the son of God.

How can you write about someone don't k ow if he exists, they know about Jehovah and not Jesus .

Every verse in the old testament was about God and the Israelites there is no verse that called Jesus in the entire old testament.

Go and read over again

No wonder , you just exposed yourself ,you are a member of Jehovah witness, I have been arguing with a cultist.

Now I see, your founder locked your brains and decides for you guys what to believe or not.

Don't quote me again I cannot waste my time on unreasonable naive ppl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Dreams Tell The Future? / In Defence Of Logicboy / 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.